All Comments on 'Cruise Ship of Fools'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
they have simmilar jobs

why should she get paid for being a lying cheating fuck slut

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Good ending, it was best he moved on with a faithful woman. Laura tainted their marriage and he'd never be able to forget her affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice

Again we are on a roll today this another great story and from a great writer. So keep it up don’t stop the stories and 5 stars for you well done really. I am so glad that I logged onto this site today so again well worth the read. And well done for not using any of the other category’s in your story it feels like a great day to read the loving wife category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My vote changed to a 5

When you put in that Donna was pregnant.

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
The problem with one of the characters...

The problem with one of the characters: the cheated wife...She didn't love her husband as she didn't suffer with his cheating or with the divorce...Then she suddenly become in love with the cheated husband and forced sex with him in order to ruin any chance of him to reconnect with his wife (even if that wasn't really a good solution...)...The question that arises is: Does she really loves him, or just want a reliable husband and father for her future children, making her live in a confortable marriage? We must stay with this question unanswered...4*

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
The scale was wrong

All she put on the negative side was the affair. He should have told her to add what goes with the affair. The weight of lack of trust, add the fact that he would always see in his mind her sex with James and wonder who she is having sex with every night in her mind - him or James, the weight that he wouldn't want children with her. So many other negatives he didn't mention. No second chance.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"to confirm her desirability to other men." - God, do I hate this! She's loves her husband, and is in a presumably happy marriage. How does her desirability to OTHER men change that one way or the other? What about after the baby? She'll have stretch marks, maybe still some of the baby weight, a little pooch belly. Won't she REALLY have to "confirm he desirability then?

You can't sue the fucking company! Violation of any "non-fraternization" clause is an offense by the employee against the company, that's it. A spouse can no more sue for that than if the other spouse padded their expense accounts or embezzled.

"I wish you luck with your divorce." - After he threw her out for refusing sex with him? I'd wish him to get raped in the divorce!

How did she check into the motel without a credit/debit card?

"what happened that 'suddenly' caused them to need to cheat?" - In Laura's case, it was probably the planned baby.

If Shawn had any TRUE intentions of possibly reconciling, he had to tell Donna to move back to her own house once James moved out.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Brain dead" - "Why aren't they served with divorce papers?" They WERE served with divorce papers!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago

Looking at this from a different angle, Shawn fucked himself again. He played the game right in the set up with the cruse, but he failed to check up on it. The set up when they got back was the perfect slap in the face to bring them back to reality. Yet through it all he let Donna stay with him until James settled and moved on. Yes Shawn and Donna waited (but not until they were divorced like he said he would), he was stilled married and it was still Adultery

In the story he waited two months after Donna moved out to give Laura his decision, in that time he just held her hand and some kisses, yet he was fucking Donna the whole time. The only real reason she won was because she got pregnant. His next divorce won't end as well. Laura didn't realize it at the time but she really was the winner.

For what it's worth, I drew my conclusions from the fact that while on the trip, Laura refused to sleep with James and when they got back, she moved out of his house before she ever moved in. On the flip side, James should have been castrated.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
dragonmann72, I disagree with your comment

Shawn agreed to hold off on the divorce, not to stay married. he want Donna to win in hers. I don't think it was planned but that is how it worked out. Also I don't understand Laura's reasoning, so but cause your a good wife and did your best to keep him from finding out you were a cheater. That's your defense? All the things she asked if she did where things she was supposed to do any way.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
I liked it

Not perfect, but what relationship is? I liked that Laura refused to sleep with her arsehole lover on the cruise and moved out of James' house as soon as he tried to continue the affair. However, she had taken a convenient lover from her workplace for the only reason of having an affair before motherhood, which makes her shallower than an oil pan. OK, Shawn was the injured cuck, but he hardly resisted the scheming Donna for long, almost immediately after disingenuously agreeing to give the ex a second chance, and then to keep Laura dangling even after Donna's pregnancy was apparent, which was cruel and nasty. Still, good plot line involving the cruise booking, well written and a firm 4* for me.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

Good story, Mr. 47.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 4 years ago
No way.

Yeah this a fairy tale. Send my wife and her lover on a cruise. Now I will live with my wife's lover's wife. My goodness I got her pregnant and we will live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Marriage is always a matter of options and alternatives.

Laura had Shawn completely, then she breached the contract, ending the marriage agreement. She tried to renegotiate a new agreement with a persuasive argument, but another vendor had entered the competition. And the new vendor had the distinct advantage that, in addition to being a better service provider, the new vendor had never cheated Shawn. So Laura finished a really strong second, which in a two person contest means, last.

Best bet for Laura is to improve her service and her ethics, and fulfill a future contract with greater integrity and commitment. That's not Shawn nor Donna's problem. They've got a life to live and a family to raise. That's success.

Thanks for the story.

Imoverit41Imoverit41over 4 years ago
Good story...

I liked it! Thanks!

justine_1692justine_1692over 4 years ago
Win win.

So, Shawn dumps his cheating wife (win) and ends up with a, presumably, rich (or at least from wealthy parents, why else require a pre-nup?) woman to replace his former wife (win!). It appears that the scales tilted in his favor.

JLRemora2JLRemora2over 4 years ago
Good story

It's a entertaining story. It kept my focus and I ranged a couple of times with the emotion. Well done, bard.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Now the wife can fight back and take him to the cleaners. He had an affair while yhey were officially reconciling their marriage. Hope Donna has enough money for them as he will be skint when finished.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Another good one for Skippy. Great hook with setting the cheaters up with the cruise and letting them suffer together. I was worried about a RAAC, but you avoided it. Great story.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Well done

It's great when a plan comes together. Two heads working on revenge against cheating partners make for a better outcome.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago

When I finished this story I was convinced it rated a 5. But the last sentence kept nagging at me. It didn't sit right.

Yes, it was dramatic and struck Laura to her core. But did it make sense?

I assume that all three characters were exactly as portrayed. There were no hidden agendas. The author stressed fairness among all of them e.g. Donna moved out while Shawn evaluated the possibility of reconciling with his estranged wife.

But was it FAIR for Donna and Shawn to have unprotected sex during this reconciliation period? They surely knew of the possibility that Donna could become pregnant. In that event reconciliation would be impossible.

Secondly, if Donna was showing a "baby bump" then she was about 5 or more months pregnant. That could only mean that Shawn was aware of Donna's condition for 2 to 3 months prior to this meeting yet he continued to lead Laura on with the hope of reconciliation. Was that FAIR?

In my mind, the author's dramatic device in the closing scene turned an excellent storyline with honest, genuine characters into a cruel, heartless BTB story aimed at hurting at a truly repentant spouse who was making a heroic effort to win back the man she loved.

It doesn't matter to me personally whether they reconciled or not. I enjoy both BTB and RAAC stories that are well written with plausible storylines. Shawn's closing argument about trust issues with Laura after they start a family was more than enough in his mind to support a divorce decision. I concur.

Maybe the author didn't mean the ending to be interpreted as I have. But that's the way I see it.

Deprived891Deprived891about 4 years ago
180 turn around

Now the wife can fight back and take him to the cleaners. He had an affair while they were officially reconciling their marriage.

The divorce was on hold, new papers written up, so legally married still.

Hope Donna has enough money for them as he will be skint when finished.

Deprived891Deprived891about 4 years ago

If Donna is showing, he proceed to have an affair as well. Now the wife can fight back and take him to the cleaners. He had an affair while they were officially reconciling their marriage. Another words, they were still legal married, trying to rebuild something. He took away Laura's chance for an family and gave it to someone else illegally. Hope Donna has enough money for them as he will be skint when finished. How about that for an second chapter??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WHO GIVES A SHIT..........

About whether the cheating slut had her feelings hurt? I don't know why he even gave her a chance. It would have been satisfying for he and Donna to have conspired to build up her Hopes with the express purpose of causing the most pain possible.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Medium good story

....purrfect Ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Since

Since when was the value of an house the same value as a car ,as in James and Donna's case.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 4 years ago
5 stars...

What a great beginning... The whole story was good and the ending is just. There were some things that were not addressed, like how long the affair was, when it started and who persuaded who, did they meet everyday at lunch or whatever. Doesn't matter now. Laura was so hurt, oh well, you got caught cheating, slut. Glad both Shawn and Donna got their revenge. Maybe a small part 2 chapter to see what happened to Laura, and maybe even James. We already know about Shawn and Donna.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WHY DO STUPID PEOPLE MARRY

then search for more stupid people as lovers. TK U MLJ LV NV

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
The same old anony

"This guy is a fucking prick"

Why?

You're delusional.

He got where he was because the ex was a cunt. It's all on her. She burnt her own bridges. The guy and the new wife will live happily ever after, just like they deserve. The kids will be well loved by two honorable, faithful people.

So go fuck yourself.

Good outcome. As far as I am concerned, the reconnecting with the ex didn't need to happen, she was shallow, duplicitous, damaged goods. Not a person to choose as a life partner.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. He was much too easy on the cheating bitch. She wasn't easy on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She cheated her scale not nearly balancer!

He took too long but finally made right choice except giving cheater more

Forgive but so hard to forget

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

A Nice short story .. I loved the part about them being forced to spend their vacation together . Aboard a Cruise Ship for lovers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sometimes love can survive but trust is far more fragile. Thank you for a good story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
5*****

There were many very realistic scenes in that story. Sending the two cheats on a cruise is a fun idea, but it worked too well to be real. Falling in love with the other man's wife is more fantasy than fact. However, that was a very realistic exchange between husband and cheating wife. Divorce is not easy when you first discover the affair. It takes time to make peace with the idea. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She lost two things she wants in life: A life married to Shawn and to carry his babies. BTB x3 actually, lost Shawn to a pregnant Donna

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

There is a slight problem with the story premise in that Shawn, or Donna, never actually saw James and Laura having sex. At one point Shawn tells Laura he can't get the image of her and James having sex in the motel room. If this were real life that would be untrue. It's like trying to imagine your wife having sex with previous boyfriends. It just doesn't happen and even if you manage to imagine it it will not have any emotional affect.

For the story premise to work Shawn and Donna should have had pictures of James and Laura having sex in the motel room. For me, the story just doesn't work otherwise.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

I guess everyone draws the line a little differently than the next person, but there is a big difference between an affair and a one-time mistake.

I'm not sure my marriage could have survived a one-time mistake (I doubt it would have) but I am 100% sure it couldn't survive an affair.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... interesting twist! Very well done!!!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A good story, he has what he wanted, a baby coming. AAA+++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

dragonman72 was RIGHT!

Donna is an unknown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Donna isn't an unknown. That's a stupid thing to say

She knows what if feels like to be cheated on. She knows Shawn known, she knows Shawn would divorce her if she cheated. She knows how sad and miserable she'll be if she ends up like Laura.

It would have been crazy to go back to Laura, thank God this didn't turn into a RAAC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So she don't think lying and cheating on her husband for months was not disrespectful to him and their marriage? What drugs is she on?. She doesn't think a divorce punishment fits the crime for betraying her wedding vows? Again I ask what drugs is this tramp on? She had to plan the hook ups, she had to have known the risk she was taking by cheating. Yet, still decided to not only go through with it but continue it for months. She's delusional and trying to emotionally blackmail him. It feels like she's taking responsibility but in the same breath saying, it's not that serious to divorce me over. That's like apologizing to someone and saying "BUT". that's not an apology or taking accountability. Does she feel bad? Sure, all cheaters do once they're caught. She didn't feel bad enough to stop on her own or not do it at all. I have no sympathy for this delusional delayed slut. Why did it take her husband finding out to make her realize she was betraying him? Like the bullshit reasoning she gave herself in to believing an affair that went on for months is ok, she's trying to minimize her fuck shit. Fuck her with a sick dick

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can someone please explain why the wives in these stories always want to have an affair when it's time to start a family? I just don't get it. When my hubby and I spoke and planned on having kids, I never once thought, oh let me get one more strange cock in me before I become a mommy, just to see if I'm still desirable. It's STUPUD!. it makes me feel like these wives would continue to have affairs once the kids are here cause now the man is trapped. if he divorces her, she gets the house, child support and alimony and the man is not going to want to breakup the family. I don't understand these wives needing validation from other men. Do these brain dead fools really exist? It's the dumbest thing I've heard other than the " if you love me, you'll let me have sex with other men stupid thinking. I just really don't get the whole we're going to start our family, so let me start an affair😂😂😂. Why would any man want to have kids with someone they know they can't trust and will betray them? What fool would be like sure honey, yes you're a cum slut but let me knock you up?😂😂😂😂😂 . Everytime I read a story with this premise, I always laugh. Cause it's so dumb it's funny😂😂😂😂😂😂

JeffTomJeffTomover 2 years ago

Good story, thanks for writing it

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

If Donna is showing a bump, she is at least 3 months into pregnancy. So why did he wait? A revision of a settlement agreement takes a day to fully consider. He denied Laura an opportunity to find someone other at a time when timing may be critical.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Somebody asked why the women in these stories have affairs right before they want to have kids?

Well women and men both try out side action before marriage last as free men or women. Trying out before being tired down with children seems to make sense to them too.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

I would like to read a story about a spouse that had a cogent thought before an affair. I cannot believe that a spouse doesn't think about an affair and have a reason. Sorry but a woman having a last fling before a child is the worst disrespect a wife can show a husband. Also this bull shit of not feeling desirable and then acting all selfish and narcissistic and prideful starting an affair are just dichotomous. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Laura gave up because Donna overate? Yes I'm joking. good short story. Seemed to end rather quickly, but sometimes these things do that.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayalmost 2 years ago

Ahh, what is one woman's loss is another one gain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An easy 5, screwed, by a too abrupt ending. It is a dessert, but not to be savored but rammed down our throats. You do not coax us to it but force us at breakneck speed with cement traffic barriers suddenly going from 3 lanes to 2, & 2 to 1 in the space of a 1/2 block. You race us to the church but crash upon the steps and ruin the day.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

So Donna tricked him with pregnancy? Yes he is right with his reasoning but why waiyso long?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sadly, Donna signed her own death warrant with her decision to become pregnant before Shawn announced a decision about his marriage. Upon reflection, Laura realized she had been cheated of a fair opportunity to fight for her husband's love, and under the circumstances this was intolerable. It was not difficult to study Donna's schedule and determine a time she routinely parked her car in a darkened parking lot that had little traffic. Her disappearance was never solved. Shawn did indeed have interest in a new relationship with his ex wife once the dust had settled, but Laura to her own surprise, soon found her interest had waned as a result of his involvement with Donna. She could not understand his failure to recognize it was vital that his decision regarding their divorce be reached fairly, and with reasonable transparency, given his reason for the divorce was that she cheated. For him to allow her to be treated so unfairly in his decision to divorce her when he was ending their marriage for her commission of the same offense was too much hypocrisy to swallow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why the fuck does he even consider getting back with her? Even for a minute?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

fucking stupid!

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

3 stars and I feel that Donna being pregnant is justified given that Laura gave up any rights she had due to adultery. TRUST was destroyed by Laura's greed & lust - ONCE&DONE works for me.

inka2222inka222212 months ago

1 star for rewarding the cheating bitch with a cruise AND a divorce settlement that was not just equally fair but one that was in her favor FOR NO SANE REASON.

AstordatairAstordatair10 months ago

I liked the idea of the scale. Laura was genuinely remorseful. Burning her would not have been justified, imo. A very intelligent story. Thank you!

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy10 months ago

Great story with unexpected twists and intelligent turns. Donna made a great argument and Laura was a good example of the biggest loser. I mean that with respecr. She played with fire and got busted. His compassion gave her a chance to live, albeit without him. 5 cookies!

R/

C

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I do.nit understand these commenters who equate his sleeping with Donna on the same level as his wife having a 2-3 months long, steamy affair with James. Once the affair is discovered, the marriage contract is broken. So what he didn't file for a legal separation while seeking divorce? Yes he loses some moral high ground by having Donna live with him. That was ill advised planning. But seriously she broke their wedding vows. Old.marriage was dead. I don't despise Laura. She wasn't a sleaze like James. But she fell for an affair with James for mediocre sex (she even admits it in hindsight) right before planning to have Shawn's children. She was truly remorseful, ditched James, tried to save her marriage and testified on Donna's behalf. MC gave her a chance. Of course Donna wasn't going down without a fight. Doesn't seem the best rationale for a future relationship. But while he lost some.moral.high ground by being seduced by Donna, they both needed some comfort after the destruction of their marriages. That is not adultery in modern society. In older times, sure it was viewed as adultery. But seriously Laura.and James broke their marriage contracts and wedding vows. Without Donna around they might have reconciled. The MC could see Laura was trying to atone. But Donna had other ideas. Comments claiming they both were guilty of the same thing, are just juvenile or inane. Not saying that what he did was morally right, but it wasn't the same level of betrayal. If you cheat, you reap what you sow.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Good story but don't understand giving her a better settlement.... more than half. That doesn't make sense without kids unless she made more than him. Even then in this case....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I can see him giving her a better settlement he still loved her just couldn't trust her.

fredbrownfredbrown7 months ago

Ahem, that little pot belly has been the female way to seal the deal in their favor since Adam and Eve ......

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

3/5

I do not quite understand the logic 'I love my husband but I deserve a fling before I settle down with kids and became monogamous forever' especially with 'morally upright' and 'long term affair' twists. These three put together make as much sense as virgin with 12 kids to me

drbenchpress66drbenchpress666 months ago

Damn that’s sad even considering she was a cheat

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

3 stars - 'I DESERVE A FLING' - words that guarantee to give you a divorce, whether you want it or not.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Donna and Shawn together was so fucked up. The cheaters deserved what they got. Didn't like the Donna character

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

They are all cheaters. How sad.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor633 months ago

How could he ever trust Laura again? She did it because she convinced herself that she wanted one last fling? What happens in 10 years when she deserves it for having kids? Donna was the smart choice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous