All Comments on 'Crystal Beach'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
general_amingeneral_amin4 months ago

Good stuff. Very nicely written

BBeinhartBBeinhart4 months ago

You just seem to be getting better and better! Thank you for this story with its great sense of time and place.

dwoelfledwoelfle4 months ago

Loved the parallels. Well told. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I spent a summer near there ata relatives. I remember the drive in, but never went. I can remember watching the skydivers nearby

write4foodwrite4food4 months ago

Absolutely predictable in every way and absolutely wonderful!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Hope to read more of your work.

Member968Member9684 months ago

You have skills sir. Very well done.

Baldy74Baldy744 months ago

Just excellent, thank you.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted4 months ago

That's a love story.

technofrog2002technofrog20024 months ago

Wow, that was fantastic. Great story, well written and totally immersive. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

Seeker81Seeker814 months ago

What a wonderful story. 5

afosi2604afosi26044 months ago

I love a good story that is able to be interesting without getting in its own way. Well done.

e5jerseye5jersey4 months ago

Fantastic! I loved the banter of the characters. What a great romance!

paulyepspaulyeps4 months ago

What a great story .. I had tears when it ended .. thank you so much … 5

Paiger123Paiger1234 months ago

So sweet. 5***

RURDY4BGJOERURDY4BGJOE4 months ago

Another masterpiece. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another wow. Your ability to build the characters and story held me in suspense, wanting what I knew would never happen. you took me back to the 70s and summer loves. great job.

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

A bit melancholy for me.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft4 months ago

Well done, sir! Just what I needed to start my week. Your words made me see the sights, hear the sounds and taste the tastes. The story is perfect as is, but I’d love to read any sequels about them. 5*

alwayshomealwayshome4 months ago

Wow, Wow, what a lovley story loved it!!!!!!

EmotionalEmotional4 months ago

Brilliant thanks

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

That was a beautiful story but I struggled to believe a grandpa would have told that story to that detail to a grandson. I couldn't do that in a million years with one of mine - LOL! Other than tat, beautiful story of young love, loss, and redemption. Can we have a sequel - need to hear the story of Liam and Stacey! 4.9*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Terrific! As preious readers have mentioned, what about a sequel featuring Liam and Stacy?

WoodencavWoodencav4 months ago

A beautiful storey! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow4 months ago

Aww, right to the heart! Excellent!

G5902G59024 months ago

This is a wonderful love story!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story!

hawkeye314hawkeye3144 months ago

First time I’ve left a comment on a story in the many years I’ve been reading on this site. Very well done. Loved the characters and the duality. Could use one more proofread. Happy to be a beta reader if you’re ever looking.

Caldwel2Caldwel24 months ago

Wonderful. Telling the story of the young Andy and Jeri by the long car ride was a great literary device. I love happy endings; one wonders whether Liam and Stacey will figure out that they belong together sooner rather than later.

This is my first dip into your oeuvre and it will not be the last.

bluemark1bluemark14 months ago

What a top story.... excellent

des911des9114 months ago

Ah, yes! You nailed it. The road trip story set it up beautifully, the reunion, the grandchildren, the resolution. Perfectly formed. Lovely, lovely story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This could be the start of a family saga.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour4 months ago

Great story!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I’m on the other end of Lake Erie and a few years older, but this one really resonates with me. You always wonder about the one that got away. Easy 5 stars.

StrappySandalsStrappySandals3 months ago

Now that, Frankie, might be your best work!!! The power of first love and the pain of losing it is immense, and something many of us can relate to. Your story brought back so many of my own memories, that my heart is fluttering and eyes tearing... You are the BEST, Frankie!! Thank you!!

ReallyoldhokieReallyoldhokie3 months ago

10 stars. Unfortunately, my iPad is not allowing me to give a rating. This story was wonderful. Reminded me of my first love. I often wonder where she is and if she’s had a happy life with kids and grandkids. So very long long ago.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Frank is a wonderful story-teller, but needs to be a more careful writer.

SatyrDickSatyrDick3 months ago

[28.01.24]

A Beautiful story, Beautifully written!

11/10 Coconut Lollipops!!!!!

DwarfLord50DwarfLord503 months ago

Outstanding work! There is so much that I enjoy about your writing, but I think it’s the clever interplay between characters that gets me. Our MC explaining to Liam how his daughter would kill him if he didn’t return her son cracked me up. Well done.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246013 months ago

I was going to gush about how I loved this tale.

But others have done so, both eloquently and redimentortily.

All I can say is: “THANK YOU”.

I still think of my first love often, but I love my wife unconditionally.

It’s an odd dichotomy, but if my wife passed, I’d look her up.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141593 months ago

How many of us have that someone in our minds who, if we found ourselves without a partner - beloved, like Andy, or not so much, like Jeri - we’d want to have that final chapter with?

Thank you.

RollinbonesRollinbones3 months ago

Sweet. Brought back many youthful memories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The area is very familiar to me. Story was excellent. Loved how you wrote it. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Tremendous story line! I really enjoyed it, but you have to find a competent editor to fix the spelling and grammar. It sadly takes away from an otherwise fabulous story!!!

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

Oh, the angst of young love. I swear I felt the longing and the pain. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

We so love your story and the never ending and enduring love bringing two needing hearts together finally. We shared a number of misty moments reading through as we held each others hands and took a moment to look into each others eyes! Thank you for sharing and touching us with your words that seem to come from your hearts and souls.

More please!

S&JW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was great! you had me crying at the end! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

At the start of this story you write:

Before I knew where we were. We were in a line for the Cyclone.

"This one first. Then the bumper cars. And before we head home, the Comet."

Cyclone was dismantled after the 1946 season. Some of its steel and wood was reused in the construction of Comet.

magnetarhangglidingmagnetarhangglidingabout 1 month ago

I absolutely love this story. I also love the setting in a place that, while it still exists, has elements that have been lost to time. It makes me want to visit Crystal Beach. Like I may see the ghosts of Jeri and Andy running down the beach, hand in hand, towards the amusement park when they were kids.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Very touching and nice

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Great mix of friendships, love, attachments and caring sex. Most significant downside is that story was too short!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...