All Comments on 'Cthasguahafgh'

by nicecthulhu

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years ago
Nice work

I'm going to give you two comments in one. The first has to do with the type of story the second with the story itself.

Some people who are a fan of H.P. Lovecraft might take what I'm going to say as an insult. I don't mean it that way. H.P had a very good friend in life who after his death compiled his notes and using them published several volumes. He gave full credit to his friend. The man's name was August Derleth. This had more of a feel of his work than Lovecraft's in that the humans had some chance against the elder thing. In fact drove it away with their love. Lovecraft? Well if both were alive at the end they would be gibbering lunatics. You don't see the Mythos and stay sane.

Now the story. I loved every part of it. I was how ever brought up short on a couple of occasions. You did the measurements in metric, and the temperature in Celsius. I realize that's how it's done where you live. I'm just as guilty of doing the opposite. I think when doing a story that's going to be seen around the world, like the ones posted here It might be a better idea to kind of side step around that kind of thing. Instead of "it was 28 when we went to bed" say it was "hot or very warm" You see from my point of view raised on Fahrenheit scale she said it was freezing and she wanted to turn on the AC.

As I said loved it.

M.S.Tarot

DmitryDmitryover 11 years ago
I

loved this story initially , but then some things just did not click, or were not explained. Loved the intrigue that was building up between the main characters, but how did the native ghosts went from non material to having physical bodies, still romaines a mystery. The ending was a bit too simple and predictable, that is why I gave 4 stars. Sorry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernicecthulhu@nicecthulhu
February 25th, 2024 I've been very busy IRL (as my kids say) and too busy to write for the last 4 (!) years. However, I am now finding free time that alows me to get back to the keyboard. I have to revisit what stories I've posted in the past, but hope to have another Minx ...