Cuffed Ch. 02

Story Info
She goes after what she wants, even if it scares her.
4.7k words
4.55
5.4k
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/05/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry for the long wait, I'm a cow. If all goes well, updates should be coming every other week. Feel free to yell at me otherwise.

Cuffed 02

"Kicking it isn't going to fix our problem, Adam," Ophelia gently reminds her boyfriend as he finishes up his temper tantrum. The old Ford Taurus had puttered out on them on their way to Tempi's, a nicer restaurant in town. Adam had not been in the state of Missouri for more than 5 hours and he had already threatened to sue the airport as well as the car rental company. Sure, Ophelia would admit that both places tended to be more on the ignorant side of the quality of business spectrum, but she wouldn't have gone as far as suing them. He hadn't even lost one of his luggage bags.

"When a rental company signs over a vehicle to a customer, they are stating that it would be able to drive at least 10 miles into town." Adam pulls at his hair in frustration as Ophelia rubs her forehead in annoyance. "This is in violation of their contract! I won't let them get away with this!" He kicks the car again, cursing when he scuffs his leather dress shoes on the tire. "They will not get away with this!"

With a sigh, Ophelia pulls her cell phone from her clutch, her heels crunching in the gravel of the road as she puts distance between her and her apparently ten year-old boyfriend. Her dress twirls around her legs as a warm breeze cools her hot skin. Thankfully the sun was slowly descending behind rows of corn, meaning that the stagnate summer air would be getting cooler.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" A pleasant older voice asks her after she entered the number of Sandy Hollow's only auto repair place.

"Hey, Robbie. It's Ophelia Sarker," she begins brightly, remembering the middle aged man that had let her host car washes at his garage for several years while she was in high school for charity. "I seem to be having some rental car trouble, sounds like the transmission. I was wondering if you could have someone out to look at it and possibly tow it back to the rental place?"

"Ophelia, what a pleasant surprise to hear you're back in town! Most of my boys have clocked out, but I'll have someone down in a jiffy." Ophelia's smile is genuine at the jovial tone of the older man as she thanks him greatly. Hanging up the phone, her smile slides from her face as she notices Adam had moved from shaming the car to shouting at some poor person on his phone about something she honestly had no interest in.

Rolling her eyes, she leaves behind her fuming boyfriend to walk through the field of wildflowers beside them while waiting for a mechanic to save her from the less then mediocre experience.

<_>

Julian was surprised when he had gotten a call from his old boss and long time friend, Robbie. The friendly old mechanic gave him a vague description of the car and were it was located, and seemed to leave out a big chunk of information, telling the deputy that he would manage the whole ordeal just fine.

Whatever that meant.

He could hear the angry squabble of the man standing by the old broken down Ford about a mile down the road. By the time Julian had his patrol car parked behind the rental, the beginnings of a headache were threatening to blossom due to the loud sneers the scrunched up faced man was verbally vomiting into his phone.

"Excuse me, sir, Robbie had called me to give you a ride into town. He said that possibly your tranny went, which I won't be able to get up and running tonight." Julian did his best to try to sound polite even as the man seemed to completely ignore him, not even pausing his verbal assault to the person over the phone to spare Julian a glance. Folding his arms over his chest, Julian did his best to hold his temper in check. "Sir, I-" he tried again, only to have the snapping of a cell phone closing breaking through his words.

"I heard you the first time," the man says quickly as he shoves his device into the pocket of his slacks. Julian raises his brow at him. "It took you guys long enough. Now my fiancée has wondered off to only god knows where," he complains, grabbing his possessions out of the broken down Ford. For a guy that was a good four inches or so shorter and about half as wide as Julian, he sure was giving him quite the attitude.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, sir, but we're not used to folks being helpless when a car breaks down around here. Usually, our town's people are pretty handy with their vehicles." Julian flashes the man a dangerous smile. The man pauses from gathering his things as he processes the deputy's words, hearing the challenge within them. "I'm Deputy Moreno, by the way. We'd probably meet eventually anyway. Sandy Hollow isn't too big, and word tends to travel fast. Though, I don't remember hearing anyone mention anyone new moving in." Julian uses the man's silence to interrogate him, his police background itching to figure out just who this guy is, not that he was going to last long around here.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't even think of staying here for very long," the man responds stiffly, straightening himself in an attempt to make himself look bigger. Julian only smirks at his attempt. "I only came here to collect something." His nose turns up as he brushes past Julian, heading over to the cop car with his things. Opening the door to the passenger's side, the man's eyes look out over the hay fields surrounding them. "Speaking of that something..."

Julian follows his gaze to where the sun was setting, a form shining through the radiant beams of light like an act of God. He knew who it was even before he could see her face. Suddenly, Robbie's suspicious behavior makes sense. The old man knew of his unhealthy obsession with the passionate woman, and seemed to always try and push Julian in her direction when given the chance. The mechanic had no idea what little good that did for both of them.

"Ophelia. Ophelia! Hurry up, we're going to miss our reservations. You know how I don't like to be late." Julian couldn't even pull his gaze away from the mesmerizing woman approaching them to shoot a disappointed frown towards the annoying man. She was too beautiful, with her dark chocolate locks pinned on top of her head like a bouquet of flowers, and her dress swirling around her shapely curves teasingly. His heart thuds loudly in his chest, pumping enough blood through his veins to make him feel like his entire body is flushed.

"Deputy Moreno, to the rescue again?" Ophelia's smile is coy as she comes to a stop in front of the two men. Those golden orbs look up at him through her lashes.

Julian opens his mouth to reply, but is cut off by a voice he had forgotten was there.

"Oh, good. You two know each other. Ophelia, do you mind-" the annoying man says in a rush, nodding his head towards Julian as he begins to walk away, his cell phone once again pressed against his ear. "I've got to finish this call. Wait in the car for me." Ophelia frowns as he walks out of hearing range.

"So, are you trying to make it a habit of needing rescuing, Ms. Sarker?" Julian drawls, stuffing his hands into his pockets before they reach out and do something stupid, like touch her. The light breeze teases him, bringing the scent of coconut and vanilla swirling around him tantalizingly. His eyes and body follow her like a magnet as she obediently goes to the patrol car, a slight smile on her face as Julian holds the door open for her.

"It sure seems like it, doesn't it?" Her eyes meet his intense gaze as she seats herself in the backseat. It is only seconds before the power of his stare has her looking down with a light blush, her teeth tugging at her bottom lip in an attempt to hide her growing grin. Julian closes the car door before he can allow himself to get lost within her expression.

"So your fiancé is kind of..." Julian pauses to think of the right word as he takes his seat behind the wheel. "A douchebag," he finishes simply, meeting her shocked gaze in the rearview mirror, challenging her to disagree with him.

"He's not... He's just a little, uh..." Ophelia stumbles over her words as she rushes to her big city boyfriend's defense. Finally giving up her search for a retort, she responds quietly with a sigh. "He's not my fiancé."

Her defeat gives Julian a surge of hope, not that it was at all useful for him. He was not impressed with Ophelia's choice in a partner, and the dark part inside of him wanted to personally escort him to the nearest cliff and promptly boot him off of it. Arrogant men didn't belong in Ophelia's life.

Frankly, Julian didn't think any man was good enough for her, including himself.

"That's good. You shouldn't be marrying a man that speaks to you like that." His voice is even and firm, his eyes watching her in the mirror intently. He couldn't get enough of the way her tempting mouth parted in shock at his bold words.

"Oh really? And how do you think he speaks to me?" An eyebrow raises in challenge, her eyes catching his with a new fire. Julian enjoyed the way they burned.

"Like a pretty little arm piece with no brain," Julian responds instantly.

If Ophelia's eyes were burning before, now they were absolutely scorching. The heat rising in her cheeks now had nothing to do with embarrassment. Julian watched in rapt as she dared to learn forward, her breathing coming out just as harshly as the raging inferno inside of her golden orbs.

"How dare you speak of things that you know nothing about." Her soft voice carries the heat of her anger. "You have no right. And who are you to be to be telling me what kind of relationship I should have, after you..." She breaks off with a sigh, catching her words before they have a chance to be spoken. "It's none of your business." With a final hiss, she sits back against her seat, crossing her arms over her chest. Her heated gaze takes to looking out the window, refusing to look at the object of her frustrations.

Julian smiles at her frazzled form.

"I didn't mean to offend you," he begins softly, doing his best to sound sincere. "I just want you to be happy, hopefully with a guy that deserves you." His hearts clenches as her gaze lifts to him, her anger melting into something that makes his insides feel gooey. Quelling the feeling, Julian pulls his gaze away and stares out across the fields in front of him. "And the guy you're with sure as shit doesn't deserve you."

Ophelia gasp is nearly drowned out by the sound of the car door opening. He is sure that he missed her shocked and furious expression, but he was afraid that if he kept watching her that he eventually wouldn't be able to look away.

Adam's presence in the car slowed the boiling tension between them down to a simmer. With the phone still within his grasp like a third limb, the arrogant boyfriend seemed absolutely oblivious to the steam that seemed to coming from his girlfriend's ears.

"Alright, chop-chop. We have reservations at Tempi, so let's hurry it up, shall we?" Adam's eyes barely shifted up as he typed away into his cell, the clicking grating Julian's already sensitive nerves.

It was going to be a long ride.

Ophelia was still fuming by the time that they pulled in front of the restaurant. Without waiting for her boyfriend, she stepped out of the vehicle to avoid any further conversation between her and the Deputy. Julian hid his disappointment.

"Are you both gonna be okay gettin' a ride back from Mr. Sarker?" Julian asks casually as Adam rises from the vehicle. The fiancé's phone was still glued to his face as he rapidly sent out texts, his gaze not even lifting to acknowledge Julian.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks, man." Adam dismisses him as he shoves his phone into his pocket, getting ready to turn and chase after his run away date.

"If you need me, I'll be on patrol just down the road a bit." The car door shuts without an answer, leaving the deputy behind with the scent of coconut and vanilla, and an empty silence.

<_>

What gall he had! Ophelia couldn't believe that the Deputy had said those things, and to her face no less. Her heels clicked on the pavement as she headed towards the restaurant without so much as a look in the unbelievable man's direction. He obviously had no idea what he was talking about, and besides that, Ophelia was a grown woman! She could handle herself.

By the time that they were seated on the outside veranda, Ophelia had cooled off enough to slow her mind to properly digest Julian's words. Adam didn't seem to notice that her mind was nowhere near his conversation about the decline of car rental services.

If Julian didn't think Adam was good enough for her, then who was? Adam was a newly affirmed lawyer that already had a job lined up in his father's business. He was classically handsome, and knew how to dress in accordance with his look. He had a big successful family, who also were good looking and dressed just as well.

What else was there to look for in a man?

Ophelia's mind is quick to remember that night all those years ago, before she made the decision to leave her hometown and follow her dream of pursuing music at a University hundreds of miles away. That night that sparked something within her that both excited and scared her.

"Ophelia, please pay attention. You know how I hate having to repeat myself." Her boyfriend's whine pulls her from her thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what is it?" She asks sweetly, plastering a fake smile to her face to hide her inside turmoil. The last thing she needed was to upset Adam more than he already was after the day they've had.

"I was saying that maybe it was time we make an upgrade on this thing. You know, like get the house, and the kids, or whatever. We aren't doing pets, though, because I really want white carpets, and-" Adam is scrolling through his phone as he says this when she cuts him off, making him glance up in surprise at her unusual rudeness.

"Upgrade? Upgrade what? I don't understand." Ophelia's eyebrows furrow in confusion. He couldn't possibly mean what she thought he meant. She had been waiting all this time, why did he have to do it now?

"Our relationship," he says like it was obvious. "You know, like get married? Don't tell me you didn't know this was coming." Adam finishes by reaching into his blazer pocket and pulling out a felt box.

Ophelia's breath stops, but not in a good way.

Sliding the little black box across the table towards her, Adam reaches back for his phone to begin checking his emails. A queasy feeling builds in her stomach as she picks up the box, feeling it's slight weight. Swallowing thickly, she holds her breath as she opens it. A large diamond set in stunning gold band shine back at her.

A simple ring for a simple proposal.

That was his proposal? He couldn't even get off of his phone to see it through, let alone open the box for her himself! If Adam had done this weeks ago, perhaps then Ophelia wouldn't have had a problem with his lack of enthusiasm. But of course, that was before Julian Moreno had walked into her life and had made her think about things that she had thought didn't matter. His input couldn't possibly be so spot on after only seeing her a handful of times since being back.

But perhaps it was.

"So, what do you think?" Adam's voice is distracted as his phone buzzes once more, begging him for his attention.

Ophelia closes the box with a snap, suddenly making up her mind. It was thrilling, really. She was never one to make rash decisions, but everything inside of her was telling her that this was an easy choice. How hadn't she seen it sooner?

"I can't do this." Her voice trembles as she stands, her body acting on the adrenaline of her sudden decision. "I'm sorry, Adam."

Without waiting for so much as a glance from her now ex-boyfriend, Ophelia flees the restaurant, her destination set as well as her mind.

She now knew what she wanted.

<_>

The night was going slow for Julian. He didn't know why he had even been scheduled to patrol the back road at this time of night. There were no sounds for miles, most of Sandy Hollow's occupants already in for night, or spending it out on the town. If his mind wasn't still reeling from his earlier conversation with a certain golden eyed miss, he probably would have even considered taking a nap.

His windows are down, letting the cool night air into the cab of his car, listening to the crickets chirping and clack of... Actually, what was that noise? Julian leans his head out of his open window, his ears listening closer to the sound. It was a rhythmic tapping, steadfast and getting louder. Getting out of his vehicle, his eyes search in the direction of the noise. Squinting, he could just make out a shape in the distance, coming towards the streetlamp's orb of light.

A pair of sexy, black heels come into the light first. A pair of curvy olive toned legs come next, red dress twirling around the flesh tantalizingly. Next came those generously curved hips that made his mouth water, that damn red dress fitting snugly against her lean abdomen and beautifully round breasts. Julian's eyes intently finish their appraisal, gliding up her delicate neck to her full lips, and finally to those piercing, golden eyes.

Those very pissed off golden eyes.

"What are you doing here? Are you alright?" Julian goes straight into policeman mode, his eyes now professional in their assessment for injuries as he takes in the oddness of the situation.

"I called the station to see where you were," Ophelia pants as she gets closer to him, her anger still obvious despite her labored breathing. "I had to walk all the way down here to tell you what I think of your opinion," she gets out between huffs, her small frame marching right up to his. He wasn't sure if it was just his imagination, but he could feel the heat coming off of her.

"You walked all the way here? From the restaurant?" Julian can't contain his bewilderment and fascination, which seemed to enrage the beauty further.

"Shut up and let me speak!" He has to work to hide his amusement at her demand, folding his arms across his chest, patiently waiting for her to continue. She takes a deep breath before proceeding, swiping a stray chocolate lock from her face. "My life was going fine until I came back here, until you inserted yourself into it. I had a boyfriend that I was hoping to marry someday, I was going to audition for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and it was going to be perfect." Her hands form small fists as she takes another step towards the officer, her face flushed with emotion. "And now all of that is gone!" Even as her tone rises, her voice still holds its softness, like a cloud in a thunderstorm.

"Can I speak now?" Julian asks teasingly, leaning ever so slightly towards the angry woman. Her glare only intensifies at his ridicule. His heart thuds in his chest from what he was hearing, but he refused to let on how her news affected him. "How is any of that my fault?" Ophelia had broken up with that douchebag? Because of him? Part of him was thrilled at the idea, yet from a deep cavern inside of him, the fear of what that could possibly mean overpowered it all.

"Because you-" she begins heatedly, before stuttering, desperately searching for the right words. "Because you, you know why!" She finishes bravely, looking into his eyes with a fiercely.

"Hmm," Julian rubs his chin, pretending to be deep in thought, wanting to provoke her further. It was a lame attempt at directing the situation away from where he thought it was going. Where he hoped it would go, but prayed it wouldn't. "No idea, why don't you enlighten me?" His voice is almost cruel in its mocking, wanting to scare her away, like he had all those years ago.

12