Cupid's Card Game

Story Info
A friendly card game leads to demonstrations.
3.9k words
4.55
23.4k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I shifted the cigar from the left to the right, and carefully lifted my cards. Four clubs and a nine of diamonds. Flicking my eyes to the center to review three flop cards told me all that I needed to know...again. Fuck.

"Jesus, your bet."

Jesus raised. Because of course he did. He was consistent, always raising. Until he folded. Pious Jesus. He rarely won. His tell was the worst at the table - stroking that beard of his.

Zeus tried to bluff already. I held my eyes steady. Another inept liar. He bullied his way to a table invite. Zeus called.

I looked one more time. Flicking up and down. Uncertain. Nah, it's not time to bluff yet.

"Cupid?" the dealer, Kali, prompted.

I flipped my cards down. "Fold."

"Arrows not shooting so straight today, Cups?" Zeus rumbled. Third hand in a row that I'd folded.

My wings twitched in irritation, but I turned my cherub face towards him and smiled slyly. "I have good aim. Your bolts just blow shit up."

When Zeus rumbles, things get a little animated.

"Cut it out, Zeus," Jesus warned him. "We've had enough of your temper tantrums."

"This little Roman twerp annoys me!"

Our bickering was cut short by a blinding light. Every head at the table shied away from Ra, who was clearly annoyed with us. "Stop," he warned softly, turning the headlights off again.

"Well, thanks, now I'm blind. As if I couldn't see the cards before," I said, blinking and rubbing my eyes.

"Minor god," Ra teased, but without animosity. Then, "I call," he said, adding to the pot.

I sat back, now that I was out, wondering how I got hooked up to this card table. Bird man and his blinders, bolt boy, raise the dead and Kali, who was just weird as all get out. She was an efficient dealer though - all those hands. She never played either; something about her all-knowing powers.

It was an efficient way to pass the time. Kali and Jesus have a few more responsibilities so our card game tends to be sparse. Of course, Ra's been forgotten for centuries, and so has Zeus except for the occasional Disney flick and of course his Wikipedia entry. He likes to read that, by the way.

Zeus folded with disgust.

"Isn't your annual day coming up?" he asked, all personable now that he wasn't trying to take my money.

I switched the cigar. "Yep, about a month," I told him.

"Why mid-way through the wintriest month of the year?" he wondered. Now, to be honest here, Zeus never wonders anything different. I'd only heard this question over the millennia perhaps a million times. I wondered again how this meathead was named the top god of the Greeks.

"I zap 'em in the ass and they burrow under the covers and fuck," I said.

Jesus looked up, and winced. He hates foul language.

"Okay, Jesus, they make love."

He smiled and nodded.

"And your point?" Zeus demanded.

"You see their weather? Better to snuggle inside with a lover than go out in that mess!"

Ra laughed. Egypt had none of those problems, and he was a weather snob.

"Where's Jupiter been?" Zeus wanted to know.

"Walk-about with Odin," I reported.

"Where to?"

I spread my hands and wings. "Got me, Zeus. You know those two. Probably wandering some mall in Tyson's Corner disguised as a gay teenage couple so they can hold hands!"

I saw the sly smile on Zeus's face in the scant second before we both looked at Jesus. He looked up at us looking at him. "What?!" he demanded.

"Oh I thought you were going to get all pious about homosexuals," Zeus chuckled.

Jesus's eyes looked at him. "I don't get upset about you," he shot back quickly.

Zeus laughed easily. "I take pleasure when and where I get it."

Jesus shook his head. His lips quivered. Me and Zeus both leaned forward; I think birdboy did too. Getting Jesus's goat was our second favorite pastime after cards. "It's....wrong!" Jesus said.

"THERE IT IS!" Zeus laughed, and I sat back. Ra turned on the blinkers. Kali's hands rose up.

"Says the man whose girlfriend was in the world's oldest profession! Didn't you preach turning the other cheek?" I pressed.

"Speaking of cheeks, that's the deepest red we've gotten out of him in quite some time," Kali commented softly.

Sure enough, Jesus's cheeks were flaming red. Jesus mumbled something under his breath.

"You better not be calling for your daddy," Ra warned. "Remember the last time you tried that?"

Zeus and Kali chortled. "I certainly do!" Zeus said as he wiped a tear.

Jesus got himself under control a little bit and shook his head. "You are mean friends," he decreed.

Jesus has a way of saying things that makes us all instantly feel guilty.

"Aww, Jesus, we're just messing with you," Zeus said lamely.

The awkward moment passed. The game was momentarily forgotten. Truth be told not a single game has ever been finished. We started shooting the breeze.

Jesus looked at me; always the peace-maker, he looked like he was going to change the direction of the table's conversation. "Any challenges this year?"

I shoved my cards to the center of the table. "Not yet. I'm watching, though."

"I wish I had my powers," Ra said wistfully. He tended to sulk and brood a lot.

My wings twitched. "You know how it is, guys," I said. "I have to strike when the moment's right."

"Tell me again how that works?" Kali asked. Her powers were huge and broad. Actually, everyone around me had far greater strengths. I was the niche god, able to slip an arrow through the toughest of armor and pierce a heart. I think that's how I got into this table; I was punching way above my weight in terms of powers.

I turned and flicked my hand; appearing in the distance behind and over Jesus was a clear-quality picture of a man. He was walking through a grocery store, with a box of condoms in his hand. He was young, good-looking, and moving with purpose. "See this guy?"

"Yeah, what about him?" Kali asked.

"Well, he's planning on getting laid tonight. Actually, he will be getting laid tonight. She's a sweet, adorable woman - actually perfect for him. But, and here's the thing. It takes just the right moment." I picked up my little bow and with precision drew it and released. Only us at the table saw the strike of my arrow.

"How come you always hit people in their ass?" Zeus asked.

We watched as the man came to a stop. He looked around, and then his eyes fell on it. He was near the flower section, and went over and browsed through the flowers.

"What's this?" Ra demanded.

"This is what I see," I said.

"Tell us!"

"He's going to pick a bouquet of flowers - NOT THAT ONE!" The subject's hand moved quickly. "Whew. She's allergic; he doesn't know that yet. Anyway, this bouquet of flowers is going to do a number of things. She's going to forget about that other guy that she keeps in contact with. Her heart is going to melt, and later tonight when they make love, she's going to look up at him and realize that he is the one for her. Her worldview will change in that moment. Now, that might have still happened, but by choosing just the right bouquet, I start a chain reaction that will lead to a lifetime of love. And three kids," I said just for good measure...and to forestall Jesus's whining about pre-marital sex.

"How can you be so sure? Half of marriages end in divorce!" Ra objected.

Jesus winced again.

I shrugged. "I am sure. My bolts are so rarely used anymore, I might as well use them for the special love."

"So explain Kim and Kanye then!" Ra demanded. Kali looked over, interested. She had been part of that debacle.

I turned to look at Ra. "That was your fault," I reminded him. "You thought it would be funny. I objected, remember?"

Ra blinked; the lights turned up. Talk about wearing one's emotions.

Even Zeus had to agree. "That was a bad idea, yes," he said.

Jesus flickered; any time we talk about people who either have forgotten him completely and treat him in disdain he flickers like that. I don't know if he knows.

"So yeah, none of that celebrity playmaker stuff."

Kali rumbled, "I still think that you should make Putin and Trump..."

The reaction around the table was noteworthy. There might have been vomit.

"So what IS a good match then?" Jesus wanted to know. "But not an ordinary one."

"An extraordinary match?" I asked.

He nodded.

"And you want to watch?"

Every head at the table - including pious Jesus - nodded.

I sighed. The ultimate in porn. Zeus would wank openly..

I closed my eyes and let the thoughts of humans fill my brain. It did not take long.

The screen filled. A young woman sat on a couch. At that moment, she was decidedly unattractive; her hair was two days unwashed, and her face was pale and drawn without makeup. Her eyes were a little red from crying, and the clothing she wore - gray shapeless sweatpants and sweatshirts - made her look and seem dumpy. She was not an unattractive woman in general but at that moment, she was far from attractive.

A knock at the door. Her head picked up and looked over, her face masking into a question. She stood and walked towards the door. "Who is it?"

"It's, uh, Mike. From our English class?"

She opened the door, only a small way, enough to poke her face through and look. "How...how did you find me?"

He sighed. "I did not. Professor James asked if anyone lives in this building, and I do. She asked me to give this to you," Mike said.

***

"And now," I interceded, "the arrow."

"These two?" Ra demanded, incredulous. He has no faith in me.

"Shut up and watch, birdboy."

***

"Are you okay, you look a little rough?" Mike asked, his voice concerned.

"I'm not okay," she said.

"I mean, I know we don't know each other that well," Mike said softly, "but I'll listen if you want to talk."

"Why?" she demanded.

He shrugged. "You look like you could use a friend. And you're in an efficiency," he added.

She looked back at the mess of her single room apartment. Back at Mike, her lip between her teeth. There was a quick, noisy exhale. "It's not the nicest tale," she warned.

"I'm free, lay it on me," he said.

We saw her thoughts, jumbled and angry. She wanted - needed, really - to talk and none of her girlfriends had called her back. He was there, he was offering, and he was...not hard to look at. Something about him gave her hope; she needed hope.

"Fine." She opened the door, and ushered him inside. Her place was tidy but cluttered. There were a lot of items, and the dishes in the sink that she spotted while guiding him to her futon made her wince.

After flopping heavily to either arm of the couch, she inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. "My parents are divorcing. Finally," she added caustically.

Mike nodded soberly. "Mine did when I was sixteen," he said.

"So did you hate them?"

"Yes," he replied simply. "Both of them. So blind to each other's qualities, wrapped up in their own hatred and selfishness."

"Yeah, that's about what I'm feeling. And seeing."

She rambled on without interruption for nearly thirty minutes. The tears, they came and went. He handed her a box of tissues when necessary, and wordlessly plucked the used ones out of her hand as she wailed and held her hand out blindly. Towards the end of her diatribe, he opened his arms and she instantly slid across the futon, and laid against him. His arm draped protectively over her shoulder began to get her under control.

Finally, after a tremendous honk of her nose, she looked up at his face. "Thanks, Mike."

"You're welcome, Rachel," he said seriously.

"You didn't say anything!" she said.

"I didn't need to. I hoped that you'd get all that built-up poison out. Funny thing though."

"What?!" she demanded.

"I found myself wishing that I'd had someone like you on my darkest days. Someone to hold me and just listen. I was glad that I could do that for someone else."

"Awwww, that's the nicest thing," she said.

***

"How," Zeus demanded, "are they going to fuck?"

"ZEUS, please!" Jesus snapped.

"Sorry." He looked appropriately chagrined for a second. "The question still stands."

"Deep emotions can lead to things," I replied softly. "It will take a while. And we'll be in their heads for a while, too."

"Can't you just like fast-forward to the good parts?" the eternally horny Zeus whined.

"Shut up, Zeus," Ra, Kali and Jesus said in unison.

***

"Can I make you anything? A tea or something?" Rachel asked. They'd been talking lightly for fifteen minutes after the end of her rant.

"A tea would be wonderful," Mike said. "I can..."

"No...no!" Rachel sat forward as Mike's arm fell away. "My apartment!"

"All right."

"A nice Christmas present from my mom, though," she said next. "Do you want to see?"

"Sure!" he said, rising. There was a little stainless steel pot with pre-arranged temperatures. After the tea was selected, Rachel turned the device on and they waited for a surprisingly short amount of time before the water was at its proper temperature. The tea was in the cup and she poured the water into the second glass carafe, and the two watched as the brown coloring swirled slowly through the heated water.

Rachel explained how the match of the temperature to the tea was an important one for different types of tea. Three minutes later, both had a steaming hot cup of tea, brewed perfectly, and both had added a hint of sweetener. They returned to the couch, and to Mike's surprise, Rachel snuggled up against him.

"You don't mind, do you?" she asked, pressing her body to his. "It feels safer this way."

He smiled "No, I don't mind. I rather enjoy it."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Rachel asked.

"No. Do you have a boyfriend?"

She smiled. "No."

"Well, that's good."

***

Us gods could see the thoughts swirling in both minds. That little question and answer, confirming both were single, had sparked the ignition of both of their minds, and their libidos. Mike's "she smells good" and Rachel's "his arm is so nice" were known to us. These were little things, but it was clear that in both minds, the physical touch and the confirmation of availability were leading to things.

***

"So, that's why I like Professor James' class so much," Rachel concluded.

"She's a great professor," Mike had to agree. "Tough, too."

"Very tough. That look she gives you."

Mike actually shivered briefly. "Yeah, I got that once or twice. Not wanting it again."

"She's so pretty, I think," Rachel said.

"She's very attractive," Mike agreed. "Something about that short hair, those glasses. Her posture, maybe. Almost regal."

"Yeah, that's a good way of saying it. Regal. I'd like to be regal!" she laughed.

"Who says you're not already?!" asking in a light tone.

She chuckled. "I don't feel regal."

"Well, I can imagine," he allowed. "But I'm sure that you are."

"Oh? You're sure, are you?" she teased gently. "Looking like this, all done up in sweats, crying my damned eyes out?"

"Regal is inner beauty," Mike replied loftily, drawing his head up high. "And I say that you are regal!"

"Thank you," she said quietly. Her head turned fractionally. Their eyes met and held for a beat longer.

The gaze and silence went unbroken. Maybe the tea had been the aphrodisiac.

"Is this going to happen?" she whispered.

"Yes," he said softly and calmly, just before his head dropped and their lips met.

The first kiss is always hesitant. Lips pressed in the most intimate way, transmitting sensation to bodies and minds. Some kisses never get past the lips-together platonic variety. But it was with a little moan from Rachel that her lips parted, opening his at the same time, and the tentative slide of the tongue happened.

Tongues met and instantly the kiss deepened. Their bodies remained still, their hands passive, as the only exploration was mouth to mouth. The second moan, this one by him, propelled their hands to begin moving.

Us gods saw her mind: please.... as her fingers found the front of his jeans. His body jumped from the sudden touch, and only we saw her mind's reaction: YES!

Then hands, his upon her shoulders, squeezing lightly. A slide down her arms, a squeeze. Into the kiss he inhaled, and his hands slid over to her chest, finding her heavy flesh. Now it was her turn to moan, and she threw a hand around him.

Slowly they managed to lie on the futon, face to face. Their kiss never broke, their legs intertwining. Hers thrown over his, pulling his hard on to her body. His between her legs, feeling the heat coming through the crotch of her sweats onto his leg.

His tug at her sweatshirt broke their kiss. She raised her arms allowing him to pull the top from her body. Her shiny, round eyes met his as her fingers found his, and pulled his shirt off. Under their otherwise drab clothing they sported youthful bodies, lean and strong, and now that press of bare skin to skin drove their kiss to a new level. Her moans into his mouth were growing deeper, steadier and needier.

His hips worked, pressing in and out. Each time he pressed in, she pressed hers towards him. Her fingers were desperate then, scrabbling to unzip his jeans, unbutton his jeans, strip his pants from him. She gasped as she got his pants down over his hips, his cock springing out, already aching for her.

She could not wait to get naked for him, and his hands helped. She shimmied and moaned "Get 'em off me!" almost wildly. They kicked, turning pants inside out, in their desire to couple.

She broke the kiss. A moment, her hand caressing his face. He was positioned over her, and eased himself into position.

"Keep looking at me," she whispered softly. "Look at me when you put it in."

"And look at me," he said back right away. His hips were up, one hand down between his legs. He found her body hot, opened and lubricated. The head of his erection touched her opened lips.

"Oh fuck," she gasped, never taking her eyes off of him. Her mouth opened for breathing. "Oh I can feel your cock!" she moaned. Twitches in her hips sent rippling waves of need and pleasure through both.

"Your pussy is so fucking hot," he groaned.

"Put it in slowly!" she begged. Her face was a mask of want.

"Oh....oh fuckkk," he groaned. His hips worked slowly, easing his manhood into her body. Automatically her back arched up off of the futon, her fingers turning to claws and digging nails into his back. "Oh fuck!"

***

"That's more like it," Zeus growled. His body was slightly angled away from the table.

"Put that thing away," Kali snapped. Jesus chose to stare raptly at the screen rather than to side-eye Zeus and see his movements.

"Shut up," Zeus groaned. "They're so fucking hot!"

***

That first penetration took a long time. Both of their moans mixed together, and then finally his cock was nestled deeply into her pussy. She gasped for air, her eyes never leaving his. "Oh it feels so good in me!" she moaned.

"You're tight as fuck," he groaned back artlessly.

"Oh...oh oh!" she voiced as he eased his manhood out. A pause, and the second penetration happened with much more ease. His organ was coated with her juices and she shivered under him. Her fingers went immediately to her pussy, finding her clitoris. "I want to come so hard," she moaned.

"Oooh touch your pussy for me baby," he moaned, looking down between their bodies. He held his upper body stiff, and began to work his hips. The motion was slow and fluid at first, but nature and sexual arousal quickly breaks down slow and rhythmic motion.

Her arching back and busy fingers mixed with her clutching the back of his neck. He gazed down at her writhing in pleasure, giving over to the sensation filling her body and mind. Her soft cries, growing in volume, her swearing, all of it beyond her own knowledge.

12