All Comments on 'Cupid's Gifts'

by julybear7

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
HamsterHamsterover 13 years ago
Very nicely told.

Good short story on quite a few levels. The best erotic stories are not about the sex but about the relationships. You created likeable characters and believable situations leading to an inevitable conclusion. Nothing faked or even remotely a stretch. Makes me want to try out some more of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I love how you're connection with them being brother and sister was fluid and plausible. That's what can ruin a story, superfluous choppy twists and turns that weren't even nessecary. Yours totally made my day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
amazing

I absolutely love your story you have a real talent for writing. this was by far the best story i have ever read on this site and i have read quite a few. Please keep writing this story was just amazing

stevaroonistevarooniover 13 years ago
A comfortable, mature romance

Honestly, it brought to mind some 60s romance flicks. Two mature adults falling in love, a cute family tradition, little habits that make them human. Great work! :-) Thank you.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 13 years ago
So different from the usual.

Loved it, the incest was just a small part of the story. That can be a hangup for many, not this one.

Great work.

LadyAkiraRoseLadyAkiraRoseabout 13 years ago
Fantastic

An utterly fantastic, flowing, realistic piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
don't know

if his father wasn't married to her mother there was no connection between them. if his father was married to her mother then they would be step siblings.

only way it would be incest is if his father was her father which you never hinted at so no incest no taboo this would have been better in the romance or erotic couples area.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Gawd ! There's always one !

Bugger the other critic. Good effort. Bit slow, but pleasantly free of all the usual potty-talk. Nice one :-)

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 12 years ago
Five Stars!

Outstanding tale. Thanks.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 12 years ago
I have no better comment

than the one already stated by OldWayne. 5/5. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
holes that need filling

what happened to his mother and her mother? if one or both are alive it could be a strange wedding.

wuz2bluwuz2bluover 10 years ago
A very enjoyable read!

Not just a hot story; those are fairly easy to find on a good site like Literotica, this was also a very good /story/, period! Well written, with genuinely interesting characters, not the poorly fleshed out (so as to speak) semi-stereotypical identities that fill most erotic stories.

Thank you for sharing this. You have a real gift for fiction and i'm grateful that you chose to share it with us, your Literotica audience!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

TOTAL RUBBISH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
wow

Again you delight me!!

Keep up the great stories,please

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Total rubbish, I think not, loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My my...

This story is soooooo damn boring! It's one of the worse I've read on here. It had me dozing and alll....smh.

maliceon_wonderlandmaliceon_wonderlandalmost 9 years ago
Time line confused

His story was great I loved your wit and robust vocabulary. Curious to inquire upon your profession, as the depth of the field of psychology seemed quite comfortable for you and flowed seamlessly within the story.

My confusion lies within the military side story and it's era. The draft was not in effect to my knowledge in my lifetime ( around 40 years) yet the slang and clothing description and mention of a vintage model car that did not fit the time line have all left me puzzled. Yes I know I over think minute details that are irrelevant in the larger scope of the scenes, but I like to get lost in the characters and visualisation is a huge factor in this.

So, for my own peace of mind will you please tell me what the date or era you imagined the story taking place and is perspective psychology a field of study because if so I very much would like to take a course in it.

Feel free to inbox your reply to me if you do not want to answer in open forum.

Xoxo

Malicon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent job!

Wonderful story! So not Penthouse Forum which is a welcomed change!

How about a sequel or continuation?

Thank you!

Rapier875Rapier875about 8 years ago
Very touching !

Nice characters, nice story, nice ending.

Sometimes the gentle touch makes a big difference.

Any chance of another chapter ?

Turtle1952Turtle1952almost 8 years ago
More please

I too would love to read some more of this tale. soon as you can please

goducks1goducks1over 5 years ago
cute story

i enjoyed reading it a lot. 5 stars. very clever, well written. i hope you keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic ...

...absolutely wonderful story !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A cut

Above the usual quality of writing on here. Need more.

dikupinyadikupinyaalmost 4 years ago
Wow!!

just Wow!!! keep writing stories like this.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 4 years ago
YES YES YES WOW!!!

I totally love this story. I needed to read something of this caliber to pull myself out of a funk and you delivered a full hand of Aces. BIG KUDOS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lost me on this one

When wife started pulling Lou pants open. Why did husband allow that??? Was he into watching a blow job??? SICK and now dead wife was a slut like her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Minor history/Timeline point...

Dave's father died in the Grenada invasion circa mid -80s...when Gabe was a kid.

Later, Gabe enlisted in the military to avoid getting drafted.

Trouble with this is, the U.S. ended the draft in 1972.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Wonderful story, but the lap dance that Karen was doing for Lou when she died was really unnecessary. The storyline really needed to continue as it really wasn't a happily ever after finish and needs a chapter or two more. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'VE LOVED MOST ALL OF YOUR STORIES, KEEP WRITING!!! PLEASE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed.

As others point out, Susan's mother and stepfather, the retired Army captain, might make the connection because of Gabe's appearance and shared surname of the deceased marine. So that's a future landmine. Jack and Deb shouldn't figure it out unless Gabe and Sue tell them. Whatever family Gabe has, having never met Sue or her mother will also likely never discover their relationship without being told.

Some have complained about Karen's actions just before she died. Aneurysms are usually accompanied by intense headaches, but the author said they had all been drinking, and alcohol numbs pain receptors. Gabe said he knew she was acting strangely, and giving Lou the lap dance would certainly count; between the alcohol (impaired judgment) combined with the fact that she had begun dying for several minutes beforehand, would likely have been appalled by her own behavior. Having had epilepsy, my short term memory can be suspect, and after a major episode (partial, not tonic clonic) there have been instances where I have seemed normal and answered questions that later could not recall (and still don't). To me, Karen realized she was dying and didn't want Lou to feel guilty for what had happened. Alcohol, mixed with whatever her blood pressure meds were, and the artery having burst and flooding her brain with blood -- this sequence was both believable and tragic. Again, he said he knew she was acting strange, and a normally devoted wife to suddenly act loose?

Yeah, the draft was ended in the 1970s; replaced be Selective Service registration. Definitely an author gaff. Still, all in all, a charming story.

For maliceon_wonderland, psychology of perception doesn't seem to be a discrete field, but one that is easily focused on; it partially is concerned with how sensory stimuli are organized within our minds, but also with some cognitive disabilities and schizophrenia and how such people perceive differently than the norm. I googled it and got a lot of hits but also a lot near misses as well as some obvious false posers; Google is only as smart as its coders, and it's main purpose is to produce advertisements with the search results.

Julybear7 hasn't written anything since 2013 and said he was 70+ when he made his profile; there's a real possibility that he's no longer alive. If so, I am grateful for the legacy of stories he left us and wish him well.

Thanks for sharing! 5* Slainté

TJSkywind

(from my tablet, having another day when I can't sit upright for very long; old age can be a certified bitch sometimes)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. Loved the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a lovely story. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous