All Comments on 'Cupid's Revenge Pt. 02'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
JakeRiversJakeRiversover 16 years ago
Based on feedback from readers

I do plan on writing a sequel to this, tentatively called, "Cupid's Revenge - Charlie.

DG, it was fun working with you.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
It's simple math

Two great authors who don't trip over their egos, plus two great editors (mustn't forget them!) equals one fantastic tale for us.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 16 years ago
Gave me a good feeling!!

DG and Jake, thanks for an exciting and superbly written story. Both parts were excellent and the character development was what we would expect from two great authors. A measure of your genius is that I could not "tell you apart". Yes, a fine combined effort!!! Jake, I look forward to your sequel although your tentative title of "Cupid's Revenge – Charlie" fills me with misgivings. Pete.

DG HearDG Hearabout 16 years agoAuthor
DG Hear! Comment

It's always fun sharing ideas with Jake. No one is better on detail than Jake. I'm kind of the emotions write for fun guy. I want to thank all who have voted and commented on our story. The votes and feedback are all that we have to go on, whether or not to write sequels or other stories together. Thank you for your comments.

Jake! As always, it was fun writing with you.

Sincerely

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Outstanding as always from you two!!

This was a very good, entertaining story. I will watch anxiously for the sequel,you guys write such entertaining features--

Thanks,

Sam

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 16 years ago
Very damn good!

When you two work togethr it is a wonderful thing! Another treat for your fans and my vote for another chapter. Love this one and the solving of the last 2 Cupid murders. The first one was done by Charlie for her sister, that is somewhat obvious. I'm sure Jack will fill in the details.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
charlies revenge

Its fairly obvious that Charlie was the original Cupid. What else is new. Will Jim find out and what should good cop do. Might be a very interesting interaction. Good luck with the story.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 16 years ago
Thanks, guys!

A tale well told, by two of my favorite authors, and a sequel on the way - that's about as good as it gets. For all of you who are convinced Charlie committed the first Cupid killing as revenge for her sister, don't forget that Charlie wasn't the only grieving sister with archery skills. One interesting thing about murder by bow and arrow is the absence of any ballistic evidence, unlike with modern firearms. Even if the murder weapon is found there is no way to conclusively prove that any particular arrow was fired from any particular bow. Thanks for the story gentlemen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Not bad, but some quibbles

First of all, what cop would confront an armed suspect without drawing their weapon first? "Cupid" should never have been able to even draw the second arrow back; the hail of gunfire should have taken him out first. For both cops to be distracted from an armed suspect long enough for an archer to be able to get a second arrow off is beyond the suspension of disbelief. Sorry, I didn't buy this scene at all.<br><br>

Second, a little advice from an old playwright. He said "if there's a gun on the mantelpiece in the first scene, and somebody is shot in the second scene, the gun in the first scene must be the murder weapon". It is so painfully obvious that either Charlie or Doris made the first Cupid killing that even the Keystone Kops could pick it. Attempting to complicate it would be inadvisable.

AgenaAgenaabout 16 years ago
The Best

A great story from two of the best. Looking forward to the sequel.

daluentdaluentabout 16 years ago
Great!

Well you guys made my days better with this awesome piece of writing. Please write the sequel.Luis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thanks

Two of my favorite authors when the wright alone, but there is always something magical that happens when they get together. Another wonderfull story. Thanks for all the hard work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great read

great read thanks to both of you. i enjoy both of your works.

please write more, and more jrj

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 16 years ago
This is an excellent story, but,

it needs an ending. Charlie sounds too delicious to let her get away. To tell the truth, I was hoping the Cupid killer could take out a few more before they caught him.

Depicting the states that sell weapons without a hassle as a bad thing bugged me. I did live in IL, an idiot state. I now live in a common sense state. Bow and arrow is not infringed in their sales. But they can be very deadly.

When he visited Doris, it sounded like Charlie might have a good case for bumping off a few. Glad that didn't turn out true. Was there reasoning behind how they picked the building Cupid was on?? I missed it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
Well-written story, a bit too PC for me though.

I agree with other comments; Doris or Charlie would likely be the first Cupid who took out the drug dealer to get revenge for the younger sister's death by drug overdose. My bet would be on Charlie, because absolutely no clues were left and a police officer would know how to avoid leaving any evidence. I think it is foreshadowing that Charlie's name was on the list provided by Mr. Murphy. Now the question arises, how will Charlie's situation be handled when it becomes known to her new friend? Maybe the choice of over-looking an old crime vs. arresting her for it (with no actual proof!) won't need to be made if she is tragically killed off in the line of duty, and just when our hero is getting ready to marry her. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 12 years ago
Yes, DG. Please do the sequel.

I love your work as I have told you several times.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yep Get her to marry him

THEN talk about whatever you want -

She avenged her sister and that works for me -

I agree that vigilantism is bad - but so is cancer and hurricanes - marry her talk to her then have some kids -

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Hmm last try did not take -

OK then -

Marry now talk later -

She got revenge for her sister - vigilantism is wrong - but so is cancer and so are hurricanes - get over it -

Marry her then talk - he cannot be force to testify - then have a bunch of kids together -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another 4

Hope I can find the rest of this story!

Good fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Obvious

It is obvious Charlie is the original Cupid,but is she going to admit it.?

deJay_13deJay_13over 5 years ago
Very good!

Well crafted. Well written. Well laid out.

Waiting for the sequel.

de Jay

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This series was entertaining & enjoyable. I do look forward to a sequel, if you choose to write one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent entertainment. Easily 5 *****. Waiting with intense anticipation for the sequel. Since there cannot be force testifying between spouses, I think that we will eventually tell hubby that she is THE actual Cupid and that she finally avanged her deceased sister. We'll see. I'd like to see this couple with a few rug rats!

BJ

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What a great series, I only hope that you or Jake Rivers continue this great series. Well written with an excellent storyline. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The girl was the original Cupid…avenging her sister.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5719 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES