All Comments on 'Curse You Uncle Jessie Ch. 01'

by Rabbitrunner91

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
This one does not ring true.

This story is not up to the quality of your other works. The main reason is that the basic primous of this story is not believeable. No one could ever find a bride with that much monitary pressure. His uncle would not have put him in such a spot. Just could not find a connection with this story. It also alarmed me that you would write about the possibility of an abortion clinic getting the money. In all of your other stories you have shaped the story much better. I am not going to follow this story. I hope your next story line is better.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
That Obvious??

Women would actually throw themselves at him in that manner?? I would think they would be much more subtle. He can probably get all the pussy he wants now. I am sure there are more millionaires in the school for the girls to be interested in, though!!.

I guess there can be a myriad of possibilities for him. I predict he'll find the girl that ISN'T all that interested in him; at least she'll appear to be not interested. But she'll love him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Well I liked it!

Thanks, a pleasant read, not too heavy or too mushy. I'll be interested is where you take it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
huh?

did i get it right? one way or the other the boy doesnt get the 26million right? if he's married by june, the pregnancy center gets it else the abortion clinic gets it.

wait. gotta read it again.

fregenfregenabout 19 years ago
I liked it, too!

And Uncle Jessie's off beat sense of humor. Yes, Matt *does not* get the $26 million. But I guess he really cares about the pregnancy center getting it. And besides $3 million is not exactly chump change!!

Next chapter please!

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
not your best

The university couldn't kick him out, he'd already paid fees, they provide the education. If he gets alot of mail or phone calls its not his problem. Anyway what's wrong with the abortion clinic getting the money? They do good work.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
in my opinion...

...first of all,Uncle Jessie and the Will of Doom. From observing life-long bitter experiences. Yeah, people do the crazy-stupidest things to their families to retain control of financial power even after death.

Second: if the author had written the character of Mathew or any of the lawyers and University professionals involved as suffering a mass case of stupid.

Okay, funny in this short=short story.

I think, if we were dealing with real life. Mathew's support of the Women's Pregnancy Medical Center would probably mean he would reject the Abortion Center as acceptable for funding.

Private fortune, private conscience, his choice.

If the character of Mathew had been written as reasonably intelligent. He would seek out an unmarried, unattached, woman medical research scientist or Gyn-Ob Doctor and explain his situation.

Win-Win, all around. Why not student or nurse? Lack of maturity in making long-term decisions. With the bonus that a respected scientist or Doctor would have much more influence at oversight of how the funds are spent.

If in the end, the marriage fails, at least the donation will all ready have been committed.

There is always the possibility, if the two of them put any effort into it, that they can construct more than a Marriage-of-Convenience. Even love is possible.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous