All Comments on 'Dan and the Bottle Ch. 22'

by disableddan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
disableddandisableddanover 8 years agoAuthor
Well, folks....

No, this isn't the end of this story. I still have quite a bit of ground to cover, both literally and figuratively, although I might take a few days off to gather my thoughts and catch up on some reading myself. I hope you liked this installment, and I look forward to your comments.

Sid0604Sid0604over 8 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading this chapter. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

ms904191ms904191over 8 years ago
hmmmmmmm

I read all the chapters yesterday

Good story

looking forward to next chapter

markva54markva54over 8 years ago
Keep it going!

I read all of this series to date in the last few days and was quite impressed. I really like how you are dealing with characters and their interaction with "future history". I also liked how you are occasionally referring back to DJ but are not having him or his master provide too much assistance. Keep it up. I will be looking forward to your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fantastic story, but work to be done

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this series, however with the branching story lines across the country, I think some scene break editing is needed. It could be a line of asterisks, or a double space, but something to let the reader know that the scene has changed would be very helpful, at least for me. Aside from that, I don't have many complaints, if I had to stretch for one I could mention that some of the vocabulary in the various sex scenes has started to become monotonous. Not a real problem with this chapter, but you may want to watch for that in the future.

All in all, I gave this a solid 5/5 stars, and I've been enjoying your series! I'm glad to see you back after so long, and hope to see another chapter soon.

Cheers,

Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep up the good work!

I keep reading comments from well-meaning, but not too well informed, critics who should keep their traps shut, because they don't know half of what they are talking about, and some of the "grammar police" make their own mistakes in their comments!

"Old Army", for instance, insists there is no such thing as a 5.56 "mini gun", but it does indeed exist, dating back to the 1960s: the M-214 was a 6 barrel 5.56 that was produced until about 1980, and was used in Viet Nam. It took a strong man to carry it and the 1200 rounds it held, but it was real. Also, he said there was never a helicopter with radar, but the Apache has a nice radar set mounted on the top of the mast above the rotor, so it can hover below the tree-tops and get a radar picture of the surroundings without exposing itself visually...true, a direction finder (DF) could detect it, but it would be gone before an attack on it could be launched.

I don't know when he was in, but I would bet it was a long time ago and he hasn't kept up, and besides, as you said, it IS a work of fiction, so if you want to throw in a battery with enough power to run a small town for a month that's small enough to carry, have at! After all, we now have pure battery cars that can go over 100 miles before needing a charge, who knows when the next battery break-through will happen?

disableddandisableddanover 8 years agoAuthor
I'm sorry, folks.....

For the long delay; I'm writing a bit each day, but trying to keep it fresh is getting a bit tough. I'm working on it, It's slow going, though, and I'm getting into new territory, besides, both literally and figuratively, and an entirely different style of writing, aside from all of that. It's still a ways from being ready for final polish, proofing, and being posted. I ask only that you bear with me.

dliterdliterover 8 years ago
Great chapter!

I've been reading and rereading since you started and the last half of this chapter is one of the best ever! Loved it and was glad to see someone was using one of the laser rifles again. Keep up the writing as you can. Can't wait until they are able to drive them out of the country!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous