Dana's Story Ch. 26-28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mr. Harrison had a wicked sense of humor, and a huge store of anecdotes about life in the military, or about the family. Mrs. Harrison shared a few as well, and Zoe and Kevin chimed in occasionally. Dana began to realize that the large, expensive house they occupied now was a relatively recent acquisition. The family had occupied much more modest homes for most of Zoe's childhood as they followed their father from one posting to the next.

Dana told a few stories of her own, though she felt awkward doing so. Her experiences were so much duller—or so she felt. The Harrisons, however, seemed to find her stories of growing up in a single small town fascinating. Living surrounded by people who'd known her all her life, and the details of traditions she'd never given any thought to, seemed terribly exotic to them. It was almost enough to give Dana a new perspective on her background. Almost.

Eventually Mr. and Mrs. Harrison said goodnight and left the kids to their own devices. They talked about possible outings for the remainder of Dana's visit. She'd never seen the Smithsonian, so they made plans to visit the Air & Space and the Natural History Museums.

Zoe's phone chimed. "It's Bobby," she announced after checking it. "He's on his way over."

"And that's my cue to make myself scarce," Kevin said. He stood up. "So I'll say goodnight. Dana, I've enjoyed your company. I'll see you in the morning."

"Same here," Dana said, standing as well. They did a brief, awkward dance before hugging one another. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, sis," Kevin said to Zoe.

"Goodnight, Kevin," Zoe said. She watched him until he'd disappeared up the stairs. She turned to Dana. "You know, if you play your cards right, I'm pretty sure Kevin would be happy to bed you."

Dana glanced toward the stairs, checking that he was gone. "Maybe so," she said, though she had no doubts. He'd been perfectly polite, friendly without being clingy, and any incidental touches had been just that—incidental. Nonetheless, he'd somehow made it clear to Dana that he was interested. She couldn't even say how she knew. She just did.

Zoe scoffed. "'Maybe so,' she says. You know so."

Dana turned to look at her. "Yeah, but it's not polite to say that."

"Whatever," Zoe said, standing. "Come on. The hot tub awaits."

* * *

As always, thanks for reading. You have a vast number of options here, so if you've taken the time to read my story, I appreciate it.

I enjoy getting feedback, it's more tangible evidence that people are reading my story than simple view counts. If you have a comment, question, or suggestion, I'd love to hear it.