Dancing in the Moonlight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Left temporarily alone with our thoughts, Kaitlyn broke the silence, "I kinda wanna go swimming."

"Too bad we didn't plan ahead."

"Yeah..." she said dejectedly.

"You know," I thought aloud, "You know, my parents said that when they were kids, they went swimming all the time; whenever they wanted. And because times were different back then, they often swam in their underwear or just plain naked. Sometimes they would swim before school and it was the only way to keep their uniforms dry. Times were different, then; people didn't mind swimming nude together. I can't imagine that happening today..." I trailed off.

"Imagine that..."

"Oh, shit!" I thought to myself.

"You're not getting any ideas, are you?" I asked with concern. She turned to face me, a sly grin appearing on her face. "No," I pre-emptively commanded.

"Yes?" she asked, overcome with excitement.

"You cannot be serious," I asked, in disbelief. Of all the times I accidentally gave her bad ideas, this may be the worst.

"Why can't I?" she asked genuinely. "There's no one around. Like you said, people did it all the time. We're best friends. What's a little bit of underwear modelling gonna do?

"I only have the underwear I'm wearing now. My spare clothes are just pyjamas."

Unphased, she replied, "Alright. Naked it is, then."

I was getting increasingly concerned that she may have made her mind up. She kept looking around to see where people were and who could be seen. There was no one around, and the beach was relatively out of view. As terrified as I was about the prospect of swimming nude together, I can't deny that it excited me greatly.

I started trying to rationalise the situation, figure out a way to avoid it, figure out a way to stay hidden. "How am I going to hide myself from her? Do I want to? Why can't I stop thinking about how she'll look naked?" I asked myself.

Kaitlyn could see the gears turning in my head. She saw my breathing quicken. "Hey," she said, "calm down." I turned to face her. "Remember when we danced last night? I promise you that you'll enjoy this. I bet it will feel so freeing to be out there in the water. No one will see you from the footpath and if they do, it'll just be a black blob where your head is; they'll have no idea you're naked. And as for me, it's dark out; we won't see anything. We can stay far enough apart to not see anything important." Her words were reassuring.

"I'm nervous," I told her.

"I know," she replied kindly.

"I'm self-conscious."

"It'll be okay. I promise," she said compassionately. "We won't look at each other until we're in the water. Ok?"

I timidly managed to respond with, "Ok."

"We can hold hands again if you want," she offered.

"But then you'll be right next to me. You might see me," I answered, afraid.

"Well, do you think you can get yourself into the water on your own?"

"No," I answered, truthfully.

"It'll be okay, I swear it." She gave me a look that told me I could trust her. It made me believe that, once we were in the water, everything would be better. "Confidence hug?" she asked, outstretching her hands.

"Just a quick one," I answered, as I embraced her.

We jumped down in between the rocks, completely hidden from view. She faced me away from her and turned to face away from me.

"We'll face away from each other and get unchanged. Then I'll grab your hand, and run into the ocean. We'll run as fast as we can, alright?"

"Mmhmm," I answered, unconfidently.

"Oh, and make sure to keep running into the water even if it's cold. You don't want to get stuck halfway out of the water," she giggled. "Ready?" she asked.

"No," I replied.

I heard her start removing her clothes. "Oh, the breeze feels wonderful on my skin," she said, in a happy tone. "Come on, now. Get undressed." I started to unchanged and felt my ass bump into hers. Adrenalin spiked through my body in panic. "It's fine," she said, fully aware that I'd be freaking out.

"Ok...I'm done." I trembled. My body was filled with nervous excitement. I was standing naked, next to Kaitlyn who was also naked, on a beach, where anyone could see me. And yet, I felt my heart beating steady. My breathing was controlled. Only my mind was dissonant.

I reached behind me, trying to find her hand. I didn't think about how hard it would be to find her hand without looking, and without touching her inappropriately. "We did not think this part through, did we?" I asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Not very well, no," she chuckled back.

I reached behind me and my hand hit her waist. The touch of her skin sent shivers done my spine. "Take it," I said, spreading my hand over her side and onto her stomach.

She grasped my hand tightly and I took a deep breath. "Here we go!" she squealed. She yanked at my hand as she burst into a sprint towards the water. I kept my eyes forward and moved a full arm's length away as we ran. We hit the water's edge with a loud crash. The water was pleasant and inviting--still warm from the hot day.

"Oh my god!" I yelled in disbelief. Nervous laughter escaped me.

Kaitlyn squealed in delight. "I'm so proud of you! Isn't this awesome? I promise I didn't look," she said, genuinely. "Now we can just relax with our shoulders below the water, completely exposed to the world while being simultaneously hidden from it."

I had to admit, the water had a strong calming effect on me. It felt very freeing being unburdened by swimwear. The push and pull of the tides gently massaged my body. I felt the water gently moving my dick to-and-fro and my pubes floating around freely. The silliness of the observation made me giggle.

"Ok. Ok," I said, still filled with nervous laughter. "This isn't so bad."

"Yay!" Kaitlyn said gleefully. She jumped into the air, clapping her hands and began to do a dance. "Naked water dance emotion!" she declared.

I laughed at her enthusiastic energy and stopped when she jumped into the air and danced. She rose high enough to expose a lot of her cleavage. The brightness of the moon caused a deep shadow between each breast that accentuated their curves. I looked at Kaitlyn. She was in her own world, dancing to the sound of her own happiness. I looked at my best friend. I looked at her in a way I'd never looked at her before. I saw everything in her. I saw someone I never wanted to be without.

I moved towards her a little bit. I was close enough that I could see the colour of her skin below the water, but no detail. She looked at me, saw me getting closer and looked down into the water. I stopped. We could see each other's naked bodies, but only our bodies. I felt an intimacy I'd never felt before. She saw me looking deep into her eyes and looked back into mine.

"I like it when you call me Kait," she said shyly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You always call me Kaitlyn--which is fine by the way--but last night, you called me Kait a couple of times. I liked it." She looked down and grinned a shy smile.

"I never noticed," I said, thinking back over the last day.

"You're always so formal. You make everyone call you Jacob, except me of course. It feels nice to have you call me Kait." She looked up at me, a warmth in her eyes I'd never seen.

"Kait?"

"Yes?" she whispered.

"Will you dance with me again?" I asked, to her surprise. I outstretched a hand towards her.

"I'll always dance with you," she answered softly. She took my hand in hers and pulled me close. The gap between us exposed our nakedness, but our eyes never left each other's' gaze. She offered me her other hand and I took it gently.

We swayed together in harmony. We rose and fell with the gentle wash of the waves. We spun in small circles and drifted our hands in and out of the water. The sound of water splashing from the droplets falling from our arms gently echoed in our ears. I moved my hands down to her hips and held her in a soft embrace. She placed her hand around my neck. Our eyes were still locked on the other person, the whole world contained within them.

I took her weight and began to sway her with the rhythm of our dance. I smiled at her and began lifting her. She didn't resist. I lifted her high above the water and spun in a spiral, bringing her back into the water. Her breasts came fully out of the water, exposed and only a few centimetres away from me. But my eyes never left hers. The most beautiful sight to behold was the look on her face, and not the shape of her body.

"Jake," she whispered.

"Yeah," I whispered back. She didn't reply. She didn't know what to say, and neither did I.

"I feel..." She trailed off.

"...like I have never felt before," I finished.

"You do? What do you feel?"

"I'm not sure. But I think you feel it too," I answered truthfully. She smiled and ran her hands up my neck and down again. I caressed her sides with my thumbs. "I think I know what I feel," I said with more confidence.

"Yeah?" she said, bringing us closer together

"For the first time..."

"Yeah?" she whispered.

"I feel hug emotion," I finished quietly.

Kaitlyn beamed a beautiful smile. "Then let's hug."

We embraced each other. Our bodies intertwined under the moonlight. Our bare skin pressed gently against the other's. We were experiencing an intimacy we never knew possible. We didn't notice our nudity, or the sexual nature of our embrace. We only felt each other--the person, we realised, we loved most in the world. Nothing could separate us.

I held her tightly against my body. Her head rested on my shoulder. I pulled at her waist, wanting to bring her even closer, closer than possible. She lifted her legs and wrapped them around me. Hugging me with her whole body. I could feel her heart, beating against my chest, letting me know it beat for me. I could feel her breath on my neck. I'd never felt more connected to a person before. The warmth of her body made me feel complete.

"I love that you're my friend," I said into her ear.

"I love that you're my friend," she replied.

"Kait...I can't believe how I feel right now. I feel so happy, so warm. I don't notice my own nudity. I just feel you--all of you--and I love it. I love..." I didn't finish my sentence. My voice trailed away. Could I really be feeling love? Kaitlyn, my life-long best friend? Have I loved her all along? It was then that I felt her shift. She moved her head to face mine. Our eyes locked in a passionate gaze. "Kait, I..." and then she kissed me.

We kissed long and deeply. Our lips pressed gently into the other's. Softer than a breeze, we kissed each other. I felt her mouth open and I opened mine. Her tongue shyly searched for me. We danced in the water as we held each other in a passionate embrace. After an eternity of heavenly romance, our kiss ended.

"I love you, Kait. I don't know why it took me so long, but I know it's true." I leaned in to her, and brought our heads together. Her eyelashes tickled my cheeks as she looked into my eyes. "I love you," I whispered with all the love and intimacy I could express with just three words.

"Oh, Jake, I love you, too," she breathed, while placing a hand on my cheek. I tilted my head into her hand. "What matters isn't how long it took, but how I feel right now. How you feel right now. I feel like I could spend the rest of my life in your arms, be it here, be it anywhere. I never want to leave," she said, filling my heart with warmth.

"I'm so glad we went swimming," I said, making her laugh. "You really are something special." Her eyes shone brighter than the moon. "And thanks for hugging me," I added with a chuckle. She laughed at my honesty.

"Guess what?" she asked with a smile.

"What?" I answered playfully.

"We're naked!" she squealed.

"I know!" I laughed, "I can feel your hair tickling my stomach." I said causing us both to cackle loud into the night.

"Why can't I feel you?" she teased.

"It gets small when I go swimming!" I contested.

"Ah huh," she added with a giggle.

"Don't you think it's romantic that I can hold you naked and not get hard?" I asked with my best pouty face.

"Oh, it's because you're romantic," she replied, sarcastically. "Should I maybe feel insulted? Don't you find me attractive?" she said, placing a hand on her forehead while blinking rapidly in overacted dismay.

"I think you are beautiful," I answered honestly, making her look back at me with love. "Honestly, I haven't really had a chance to look at you in that way yet."

"Maybe we should keep it that way."

"What you mean?"

"Tonight has been beautiful, Jake, it really has. Let's keep it that way. I feel so free and open. I'm here with you, on full display, and all you want to do is be in my arms. I want to remember the love we felt, not the love we made."

I brought her closer and gave her a passionate kiss. "I think you're right." She placed an arm on my chest and rested her head on my shoulder. We held each other tightly, looking out over the horizon and into the starry sky as the waves crashed gently behind us.

I couldn't help but feel her nipples poking into my chest. It dawned on me that our relationship was going to change in a lot of ways. I felt a shiver through my spine. The thought of being physically intimate with Kaitlyn excited me in ways I hadn't felt before. It also made me nervous. Sex is a big step in our relationship. I failed at keeping the fear of change out of my mind.

"What if I don't perform well?" I worried. "What if it changes our relationship too much? What if...I lose her forever?"

Kaitlyn sighed into me and the feeling of her breath on my exposed skin gave me goosebumps. Being with her has made me feel love for the first time. I feel secure when I hold her. Maybe one day, I can be as free as she is. I thought about our future with a new confidence.

I put my arm on her lower hip and thought, "Fuck it. I want this."

"Kait."

"Yeah?"

"Sex tomorrow?"

"Sex tomorrow," she quickly answered. We both chuckled and I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, Kaitlyn. It took me a long time to realise, but I'm glad I know."

"I love you too, Jake. I'm glad we found out together."