Dancing with the Enemy

Story Info
A diplomat learns a unique style of dance on the job.
8.3k words
4.54
6.6k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This piece is set in the world of The Feldavian Rift and Feldavian Nights, but is a standalone story introducing more of the world that we don't see much of in the main storylines. Content warnings for -- Visual Hypnosis, Non-consent, manipulation, exhibitionism, implied tentacle-like action.

If you like something I've written, please remember to rate or comment, as it helps show what the community would like to see more of!

***

Isaac shifted uncomfortably in the saddle as he waited patiently at the city gates. The Milonese state was known for being wary of outsiders, so the extended wait wasn't a surprise. What did surprise him was the instructions to travel without a retinue. It was an attempt at a power play, but one which he was perfectly happy to play along with. Milon could not afford to risk a return to open conflict, so he was in the strongest bargaining position of his already distinguished career. He smirked confidently as he heard the four story gates begin to creak open, imagining himself as the lone triumphant conqueror taking the city.

One of the guards approached on horseback, a young man in finely fitted leather armour. "Welcome to Milon, Ambassador. You have been granted permission to enter the City, I am to escort you to your quarters where you will wait until the diplomatic service are prepared to meet you."

"Thank you for the warm welcome Trooper...?"

"Garn, Ambassador. Corporal Garn. Have you been to Milon before?"

Isaac chuckled, "If I said yes, would you believe me, Garn?"

"Probably not, Sir. You're the first Hellite I've seen who wasn't a prisoner."

"There'll be thousands more behind me if this visit doesn't go well" Isaac said gravely, to which the guard riding alongside simply snorted. Isaac smiled privately to himself, clearly the Milonese had retained their pride despite the military defeats.

They rode in silence for a few minutes more, as Isaac carefully memorised the turns and landmarks of the route. The streets looked cleaner than anywhere else he'd visited. A few dozen well-dressed people shuffled about their day, as the mid-afternoon light filtered through overhanging plants and vines strung between the three and four storey buildings that lined these streets.

Isaac spotted a chemist's parlour and seized the opportunity to engage the Corporal in conversation again. "I'll say Garn, I thought your people couldn't do magic? Is that a Chemist's shop I see there?"

Garn snorted dismissively, "Of course we can do magic, it's merely frowned upon as a crutch that places too much emphasis on the circumstances of one's birth. Here, you can't just be appointed District Governor because you were born with magic blood"

Isaac tactfully waited, smiling softly as he had done so many times before, waiting for the Corporal to continue.

"Uh, sorry Ambassador, I meant no offence."

"Of course not, Son"

"I only meant to explain that Magic is considered less important here. We all receive basic awareness training, but the only real way to learn casting is at the Council Academy. I should also point out before you cause an incident, that casting is forbidden within the city walls unless you have a license."

"A license?" Isaac raised an eyebrow quizzically, "That explains a lot"

The corporal shrugged as they rounded a corner, "It works for us. But enough on that, we're approaching the gates to the Upper City. I was asked to explain our security measures before we arrive, so you aren't alarmed."

"By all means, explain away, I'm no stranger to unusual customs. I once wrestled a boar to win an audience with an Orc Chieftain!"

The corporal sighed discreetly, "No. No, nothing like that. You will be searched for weapons. An Augur will inspect any magical equipment you're carrying, and dangerous artifacts will be confiscated. Lastly, you will be blindfolded until you reach your destination. This is all quite routine, even for our own citizens living in the outer districts."

"Thank you for the heads up Garn, none of that sounds like a problem. I trust you'll have my back?"

The corporal gave him a sideways glance, failing to hide his confusion "Uh, Yes, Ambassador, I will do my duty, which on this day means ensuring your safety until the point you are delivered to the diplomatic corps. Beyond that and your return journey, I owe you no loyalty"

"You're charmingly professional, Garn" Isaac chided playfully.

Garn let slip a brief smile, before riding ahead to arrange their passage.

***

The blindfold was itchy as he felt it being loosened and dropped to hang around his neck. He squinted to take in a lushly furnished living room. "Welcome to the Palace of Milon" Garn said proudly.

"Thank you Corporal, I don't see a welcoming party though"

The corporal laughed as he opened a set of carved double doors to reveal a bedroom with a four-poster bed "You'll get used to it, you have to earn your status in the Upper City. Speaking of which, the blindfold identifies you as a guest on official business, I'd suggest you don't take it off"

Isaac glanced down, noting the red stripes adorning the fabric. "Sort of like a security pass?"

Corporal Garn pulled a similar slip of fabric out from beneath his leather cuirass. "Not exactly, but close enough. The pattern normally shows which house you belong to. I was chosen as your escort because the house I belong to is in high standing at the moment, and therefore we probably wouldn't be delayed."

Isaac followed Garn as he opened a second set of doors, revealing an almost empty room whose main feature was mirrors on three sides, "So, you're a member of the nobility?" Isaac asked.

"Uh... no. You Hellites have indentured servants right?"

Isaac shifted uncomfortably, "An archaic system that we're working to untangle, but yes."

Garn didn't seem bothered by the admission, "Well, Milon has a more... fluid arrangement. It's all internal politics you don't need to know, but the key point is that you won't get plucked up as some minor house's servant if you're wearing those colours".

Isaac raised an eyebrow, "I don't suppose you have a pamphlet to help me decipher the meanings?"

Garn paused, seemingly stumped by the question. "Huh, no. It's just common knowledge, and word of changes travels fast. Like... everyone knows the 13 States so nobody would bother making a pamphlet."

"Of course, thank you for your advice then Garn. One more question before you go, what's this room for?" Isaac gestured to the largest, empty room with mirrored walls.

"Didn't... wait, didn't anyone tell you what to expect?"

Isaac chose to remain silent, maintaining an even, unfazed composure, waiting for Garn to answer.

"Sorry, Sir. I assumed you knew. That's your personal ballroom. All Inner-City residences have one." He paused, choosing his words carefully, "for, uh, socialising. Plus, it's assumed that visitors will want to warm up before..." He paused again "... before they are put on display".

Isaac walked slowly into the space, looking around at the mirrored walls, admiring his finely tailored tunic on his slim reflection.

Garn didn't follow, waiting just outside the ballroom, "You do Dance in Hellite don't you?"

Isaac answered back casually, "Yes, but we've never thought it important enough to have personal ballrooms".

Garn called out, "Ah I see, perhaps I've said too much. Sir, the diplomatic service will be with you shortly, they will arrange food, drink, and any further information you might need. Please do not wander the halls until they have greeted you, and uh..." Isaac noticed the look of conflicted concern on Garn's face as he stammered, "Good luck to you Sir".

Isaac frowned as he watched Garn turn to leave. Isaac called out, "Thank you Corporal, I look forward to seeing you for the Journey back tomorrow!"

The door closed curtly behind the retreating soldier, and Isaac was left to stare at his reflection. He looked... uneasy.

* * *

It was almost sunset when the doors to Isaac's quarters swung open, and a tall, extravagantly dressed woman marched in. She was flanked by 2 young attendants, who looked entirely unperturbed as their mistress announced herself "My dear Guest I beg your forgiveness for my lateness, I was engaged with a young Count from the house of Bund, and time slipped away from us. I am Tessa, senior diplomatic counsel for the council." She curtseyed deeply as Isaac scrambled to his feet and bowed imperceptibly in response "Not to worry Tessa, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Isaac Cyrites, ambassador for Hellite. I understand from the brief protocol I was sent, that the formal talks are to happen late this evening?"

The woman before him maintained her Curtsy, smiling broadly with teeth that seemed far too white. "You are correct, however I am here to make sure you are prepared for the customs of Milon. They can be most confusing, even intimidating to foreign guests, though foreign guests are few."

Isaac smiled a confident, serene smile back, offering a hand to Tessa. "I assure you I am more than a match for any protocol that may be required. Hellite sends its best, out of respect for Milon."

Tessa took his hand daintily, and returned to her full height, high heels leaving her towering several inches over Isaac "Excellent." She swept away towards the ballroom, giving instructions bluntly to her attendants: "Yuna, Miko, Get him dressed for practice. I will prepare the room". With that, she turned and closed the doors to the ballroom behind her, leaving Isaac alone with the two attendants.

Now that Tessa and her extravagant presence had left the room, Isaac was finally able to acknowledge the two attendants who had entered with her. They were slightly shorter than him, dressed in matching tightly-tailored waistcoats with immaculate high-collared white shirts. The only obvious difference he could see was in the style they kept their hair, the dark-haired one wore it in a top-bun, whilst the ashen-haired one wore theirs in a long plait that stretched to their collar. He nodded politely to them in turn, "A pleasure to meet you, though I won't need any help dressing, I'm quite capable of doing that myself". The dark haired one smirked, and spoke with a voice like crushed ice, at once sharp and fluid, "You may find our clothing a little unusual, and we couldn't ignore Mistress Tessa's instructions. If you would prefer Miko to do it so I don't..." Isaac could swear he saw a brief smirk cross her face "...so I don't see anything you don't want me to, he would be more than happy to."

Isaac held one hand up calmly, not wanting to appear overly defensive or to upset his hosts. "Thank you, Yuna. I assure you I have nothing to hide, but perhaps for the sake of propriety you would wait in the other room?"

Yuna bowed only slightly, and turned to leave. Isaac wasn't sure if her expression had shifted when she turned or if it was just a trick of the light. She called back as she was leaving "Then I shall leave you in the capable hands of Miko, he is *very* experienced in this sort of thing."

He watched her leave, swinging the door to the bedchamber shut behind her. It took him a few moments to notice the sensation of movement at his chest. He looked down, surprised to see Miko standing in front of him, having already undone three of his jacket buttons. He jumped in surprise.

A voice like warm wind flowed from Miko's subtly painted lips, "Please, relax Isaac. Let me work."

Isaac struggled to make sense of the unexpected position he found himself in. He had been sent consorts before, and both Miko and Yuna looked more than old enough to play the role, but he knew the dangers both of assuming and accepting such hospitality being offered. He tried to gently place a hand on one of Miko's arms to gesture him to stop for a moment, only for Miko to almost melt away moving around to his rear as the jacket was slid from his shoulders.

"Miko, wait, tell me what I'm supposed to be doing here. Is there something wrong with my clothes?"

Miko stepped away to hang the jacket up, leaving Isaac feeling a little awkward in the middle of the ornate room. Again, Miko spoke with a voice that made Isaac think of melted butter being poured, "You don't need to do anything. Your clothes are fine. Quite handsome. The fashion in Milon though, is quite... unique."

With that, Miko swung a panel from the wall open, revealing a rack of elaborate clothing in a compartment behind it. Miko swept a lithe arm upwards, as if he were a merchant displaying his wares. "Only the finest for our honoured guest".

Isaac took a step towards the display, only for Miko to rush silently towards him, placing a single hand gently on his chest. "No, not yet. I need to see what would suit you."

Isaac didn't notice anything else until he felt cooler air on his chest, Miko had already unbuttoned his waistcoat and shirt, how on earth could he be that dextrous? Isaac fought with his curiosity, which was pressuring him to remain silent and see where this was going, though he eventually settled on the astute diplomatic option. He muttered to himself, as if urging his mouth into greater action "If in doubt, ask the question..."

"Miko, is this... entirely innocent? I mean, sending two pretty young servants to undress me, is this... normal?"

Miko paused for a moment, and cocked his head questioningly, "I don't know what you mean, Sir?"

Isaac frowned, "I mean, in Hellite, and many other cities, sending young servants to undress a guest might be considered an invitation to engage in... more carnal pursuits." When Miko didn't answer, Isaac felt pressured to add "... I mean, as a way to butter up foreign dignitaries, make them more pliable".

Miko laughed, the gorgeous sound making Isaac think of chandeliers swaying in a breeze, distracting Isaac from the deft hands unclipping his belt. "Is that what you think I'm doing right now?"

"Uh... I'm not sure. Is it?"

"Would that be so bad? You did just call us pretty, after all!"

Before Isaac could answer, he noticed the cool air around his legs, and looked down to see Miko waving one hand, clearly manipulating some spell, as his other hand helped Isaac's dress trousers to the floor.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Isaac yelped as quietly as he could manage, reaching down to pull his clothes back up. "Do you really have to help me with it, I'm perfectly-"

Miko lightly grabbed Isaac's hands, fixing him with a piercing gaze as he cut him off, "Yes. I have my orders. And to answer your question..." Isaac felt his undershirt and underwear fall away as if by magic, "I'm not here to seduce you"

Miko paused, smiling adoringly up at Isaac who stood speechless as he was undressed, listening to Miko's gentle voice, "But... if you were to ask me to..."

With that, Miko, knelt down before Isaac, lifting his feet with gentle, tickling touches. Isaac swallowed at the image of the gorgeous man kneeling before him, who'd left him speechless. He couldn't help but feel the growing sense of arousal from the imagery alone, as he was finally left fully nude. He limply grabbed at the protective necklace around his neck, reassured by it's cool metallic surface. Cold meant no magic was being used on him. Hot meant magic. He took deep, calming breaths as Miko stood back up, and shook his head, with faux confidence. "Thank you Miko, but... no. I'm here on important business."

Miko smiled a gentle, understanding smile, "Of course Isaac, you have to stay focused for the challenge ahead".

"Exactly right, the stability of both our cities depends on it".

Miko didn't answer, and simply turned to the rack of clothing, pulling two outfits from the rack. The first, a jet black, elaborate frilled suit with gold trim. The second, an unusual maroon and gold patterned cloak with sleeves, that reminded him somewhat of an expensive jester's costume.

He raised an eyebrow at Miko, "You can't be serious?"

Miko chuckled softly to himself, "It's quite the fashion lately, but perhaps..." Miko stood looking Isaac up and Down, ignoring Isaac covering his modesty, "Perhaps your lovely frame would suit something a little less traditional?"

"I'm a modern man, apparently", Isaac shrugged, as he watched the young attendant open a second wall panel to reveal another rack of clothing. He filed through, selecting a pale, shimmering slip of an unusual fabric that caught the light as it moved. Miko held the strange piece up in front of Isaac. It looked like a toga with loose, hanging sleeves that barely reached the elbows. He'd seen similar designs in old mosaics, although the unusual shimmering fabric was a nice touch.

Miko called out, in his soft yet surprisingly loud voice, "Yuki, I need your expertise"

Without giving Isaac a chance to object, the young attendant with a top-knot slid the door to the bedchamber open, and strode out, eyeing up the naked diplomat with interest. As her eyes settled on his hands at his crotch she smirked, "Which expertise exactly, because he looks a little... flushed?"

They shared a conspiratorial glance as Miko answered, almost ignoring his presence, "That might be my fault, he seemed to enjoy getting undressed, but he hasn't asked for anything more if that's what you're asking."

"Shame" Yuki shrugged, before taking the strange clothing from Miko, and walking straight up to press it against Isaac's front, nearly stepping on his toes as she squared up to his chest.

"Excuse me, uh, Yuki but... a little space please?" he murmured, trying not to involve Miko.

She simply tilted her head to look up at him, stood on her toes and whispered "You're about to be in the arms of our Mistress for a lesson on protocol and our customs, if you can't handle me being this close, you might as well go home..." She lowered herself back down and continues sizing the outfit against him as she spoke louder now, "So, just stand there and let me work."

Isaac bit his tongue. It wasn't worth causing a scene just yet, but he would have some strong words once the initial treaty was agreed.

His thoughts were interrupted as Yuki batted at his hands, "Move these, no point hiding from us in here".

"No" Isaac grunted back.

Yuki sighed and began to mutter some sort of incantation.

Isaac grabbed her arm with one hand, and lowered his gaze menacingly to meet hers "The necklace I wear is a powerful ward, granted only to the most senior military and state officials. If you try to magically harm or influence me, you will be wounded by its protections."

Yuki waited patiently for Isaac to release his grip, then continued her incantation without explanation. A moment later, Yuki's eyes took on a strange glowing light, and he saw them roam across his body, as she smirked.

She walked back over to Miko and nodded, whispering in his ear about something. The blush on Miko's face was visible across the room, and they both nodded.

"That looks like... good news?" Isaac prompted.

The two turned to look at him, and said together "You're wearing this", as Yuki held up the strange shimmering Toga.

***

The fabric clung strangely to his frame, despite having numerous folds hanging loosely. It was slick like some sort of silk. He raised an eyebrow at Yuki and Miko, "Are you sure this is... appropriate?"

Yuki nodded, "Perfectly. You come to us as an invader, a conqueror. That confidence should be reflected in both your appearance and your performance. You come alone, fearing nothing, and now you show the court that you have nothing to fear from their gaze. You will project strength through vulnerability"

Isaac couldn't help but be impressed, Yuki was smarter than he originally gave her credit for. That was exactly why he had agreed to the unusual requests and protocols, something his peers would have quibbled over unnecessarily. Better to assume your hosts are not fools, and have reasons for their customs. "And, this fabric, what is this made of?" he changed the subject.