All Comments on 'Dani'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments
JayDiverJayDiverover 4 years ago
Me too.

I'm also a Loving Wives reader/junkie. With all the; trolls, clucks, BTB, anonymous comments and one bombers your story was like a breath of fresh air this morning. Portraying a true Loving Wife and an admirable woman.

Thank you. 5's

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Beautiful Story... Beautifully Told

I'm probably about the same age as your characters, and I am also fortunate to love my best friend, who has some serious, but not necessarily life-threatening diseases...

...your story has killed me, as I sit here fighting tears, and thinking of what our future might be. Thanks for your view of a love story not unlike my own...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
This was a sweet little tale about life, but

It lacked direction. The things which could have given it some drama were ignored. We wondered why she asked him out, and why she broke up with him. All of this happens in life, as does cancer and death. Merely repeating the process to the reader does not really make a story. This was sad at the end, but that's exactly how life and death are. It happens to us all. Well written and somewhat heartwarming, but what was the point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nothing more to say,

You said it all and right from your heart.

chrisr357chrisr357over 4 years ago
Well done

What a nice story

I suspect this will become one of the all time best stories.

A nice read for a quiet Friday afternoon

arobkarobkover 4 years ago
Touching story.

I must have something in my eye... well both eyes.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 4 years ago
Simply...

Marvelous.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
Touching, true loving wife

This is what a loving wife is, true, loyal, loving, kind, perceptive and honest.

5/5

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Heart Warming

Wonderful and touching story. Very well written. Thanks for sharing it with us.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
As Often Happens ...

I totally agree with HDK.

not rated (wordship is good, and TSG knows it is misplaced.)

imhaplessimhaplessover 4 years ago
The preamble was correct

this doesn't belong in Loving Wives

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Nice story, Style Guy.

Perfect cap for the week. I'm a sucker for a good romance and a true loving wives tale. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why is this in loving wives?

there is no cheating not extra marital sex no cucking

wrong category automatic 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Been there

I'm a two time survivor and was diagnosed, the first time, as a 3B liposarcoma. Only 2 out of 750 survive beyond 10 years with this prognosis. I liked the story, but it certainly hit home and wouldn't have read it if I'd known what it was about........too many bad memories. But it was a good story and I always appreciate the sacrifice the writers make with these stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dust

Darn dusty rooms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

That is a very well told story. Very powerful.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful Story

I had my own commentary already in mind, see below, but I decided to incorporate it as an answer/rebuttal to HDK's comment. When initially reading the story I too wondered why she chose to ask him out that day. It was obvious she was already interested in him. So, why was a very popular, attractive girl so interested in a geeky awkward boy. I think there is a backstory there, even if it was two lines.

However, that's not where the author chose to go, and I totally disagree with HDK about the value of this story, especially in the LW section.

While this story didn't have the elements to be in LW, it was perfect to be in here. Many men seem to consume a lot of LW where there is constant betrayal, bitterness, anger, and want/need for revenge. And here you have a beautiful untarnished love story snuck in. It's almost like being engulfed in a major cold and bitter thunderstorm and then a beautiful day full of sunshine sneaks in giving one a completely different perspective on life.

This story on its own is a nice glimpse of a lovely relationship. But the quick read thrown into a section of the world (LW) that can be so negative, it was absolutely beautiful.

Even though it was obvious it was her funeral from the very start, I was still hoping he was telling Dani's story, in relation to the person that died. I hate it when beautiful women, and in this case a loving wife, dies. Especially at such a relatively young age (60?). But, alas, that is the human condition.

I'm sure many were waiting for the MC to bring up the affair Danny had with "his best friend" in the eulogy. I was to some degree as well, but thought it may not be there because of the introduction. I wish you left the introduction out SG, and let the innocence of the story completely sneak up on us in this not so innocent world of LW.

Easily 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tears in heaven

This is what it's all about brother. Good heart-wrenching story on this Friday afternoon this old Marine has tears in his eyes. Semper Fidelis

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
My tears in my coffee!

So much love in one story. I think God everyday for my wonderful spouse everyday I'm blessed . Thank you

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Dang it, excellent story, you made me tear...

What a touching, loving story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

A great ride in life. Should we all do this like the story rather than other venues.

Wonderful job.

T.T.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Sweet, sad story

Thanks for sharing it.

wonder203wonder203over 4 years ago
Just Wow

I had tears reading the end of this story. Thank you so much for sharing this loving story.

LM

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story been there done that

my wife fought cancer for 9.5 years leaving me with two teenagers. She died quietly at home after months of getting weaker. She woke and said "I'm sorry" (for leaving me) and quietly went back to sleep. I told her "you have been the greatest mother and wife you could be, I love you and you can go". She passed a few hours later all of us at home. She was my soul mate from the first time we spoke to each other...………..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Well written, uplifting story, great emotions. A good break from btb and raac. I needed the wonderful message here. Thank you again.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I thank The Style Guy for this well written

post. It was touching and it created emotions in readers. My point is this. It read more like a very sad obituary than a story.

"A story has five basic but important elements. These five components are: the characters, the setting, the plot, the conflict, and the resolution. These essential elements keep the story running smoothly and allow the action to develop in a logical way that the reader can follow."

There was no real conflict or resolution. I did not see an actual plot. Boy meets girl, falls in love, marries her, has kids and she eventually dies. There were characters and a setting. We don't always get all the elements of a story here in Lit, but we are usually offered some conflict. A great mom and grandmother dying is sad, end of story.

All of that said, I will read everything The Style Guy posts. I simply hold him to a higher standard than most of the clowns and jokers who post here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yes a real loving wife story......

which is scoring h ighly but your other stories about cheating wives score very high which indicates to me that you cheat your scores....this one is one of the few to get 5 from me

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful.

What a beautiful well written story. A true "Loving Wife" tale.

SkierDadSkierDadover 4 years ago
Thank You

Not what I was expecting, but I was blessed to have read it.

Samhain8415Samhain8415over 4 years ago
Fucking cancer

Beautiful story, I recently found out my mom has 4 cancerous tumors pushing against her brain. Doctors said it’s too far along and being she’s already an invalid no treatment would help. I flew from Cali to SW LA few weeks ago to be with her before her memory is gone and to tell her how much I loved her. Your story brought back the tears so thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Definitely agree with someone..

That'll be blackrandl comment. Beautiful story, definitely disagree with hdk, time to get over yourself methinks as just lately you're putting some really good stories down. To tsg i would very happily pay for story of this quality, there's been a dearth of this good stuff on lw for a while, thank you 5*

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Dammit, my eyes are leaking

I wish every couple could experience what those two had. Mine left for greener pastures after 3 years. She never found happiness again. I was lucky to have my 3 greatest years with her. Some people never find it at all. Great story....5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hubby should have gotten a DNA test for Wendy

Cluelees idiot.

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
The other comments said it all...

The other comments said it all: a wonderful story deserving no doubt to take a place in the Hall of fame...Thank you for writing it...5*

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
5 stars

Well shit! This one came out of left field. No cheating? No baby from another dude? So there's actually good women out there?

My wife would kill me if she read this.

rockthedogrockthedogover 4 years ago
Thanks!

Wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Road Less Traveled

Ms Long's decision to use her authority as a teacher to influence the personal lives of two high school students surprised me. If the compelled meeting had gone poorly her involvement would have been difficult to justify and would have attached liability to both her and the school.

When I looked back at Scenes - An Anniversary Cruise I remembered NBB's comments and questions. At the time I thought his post fairly presumptuous, intrusive and, in one instance, rudely worded. To his credit he ended on a warm note that seemed truly genuine. Nonetheless the post as a whole left me sour.

It would have been easy for you to react with anger and hurt and then withdraw from his words pushing them away from your thoughts. Instead you opened yourself to them and took up the challenge to create this work in which the MC (and you by extension) allows himself to be emotionally vulnerable to the reader. Thank you for choosing the more difficult path. It is an example of courage I will not forget. Dani easily receives full marks from me.

NBB, I have now read your three stories and see your post in a much more positive light. Much appreciation to you for planting the seed for this story.

TSG, after considering NBB's questions as well as your preface I am uncertain how much Dani and Chris' story reflects the experiences of you and your family. If you did indeed lose your wife I am sure all of your readers join me in expressing heartfelt sorrow and condolences. May you and yours know ongoing peace of mind and strength of spirit.

Thank you for being here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This jumped around too much

And it was hard to follow. Like you said it belongs in romance, maybe non-erotic. I'll never understand why an author would come to a porn site and post a tear jerker. It's completely out of place.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I have to agree with HDK. It was a nice story, but didn't belong in Loving Wives.

The most interesting part of the story was glossed over... why a popular, beautiful cheerleader would ask out a shy, geeky beanpole. There has to be some kind of explanation for this highly improbable event.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Loved it

Great story about what I consider a Loving Wife, and husband. Just a beautiful story . Thank you.

katranmankatranmanover 4 years ago
Sublime

Such a wonderful story....thanks. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice indeed.

The Style Guy being bold and beautiful in the loving wife's section. 5 stars.

alfiemoon1alfiemoon1over 4 years ago
Beautiful

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice and sentimental.

Thanks for the pleasure.

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
What a beautiful story.

A truly Loving Wife.

arobkarobkover 4 years ago
HDK

I hope you read this. I love your stories. Not everything has to do what you want it to do. Some of us reading LW like to read a nice tale of real love in a marriage. I don't hate on those who want their cuck stories, please don't hate on us that like a real love story about a wife and husband. No trauma necessary. Though this did have a little trauma early and much later. Loosing a loved one sucks as I bet you know.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
arobk, I appreciate your sentiments.

I did not hate this posting. It was a tear jerker. I commented to express an opinion. A man lost his wife, whom he loved. Most of us have lost loved ones and it hurts. I know that. I was not discussing losing a loved one, but rather the merits of this posting as a story. It was very well written and The Style Guy is a very good writer. This was touching and tugged at the heart strings. What it did not do, in my opinion, is actually tell a story. It was sad, but where was the actual plot? That is/was my point. I do not hate the posting and I very much like the writer. I simply felt it was not truly a story. My comment was not intended to show any disrespect, nor do I think it did.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
@HDK

I have to respectfully disagree. A piece of art at its best is impactful, elicits thought and strong emotions, and offers a new insight about the human condition. This story did all three. At least for me.

I got married in my thirties, because from my teenage years I had the belief that a man needs to experience life, and have many adventures before settling down. That included women for me. I love women, and they seemed to like me enough that I didn't have a limiting factor. This story made me think how innocent and lovely it is when it's the first young love for both people, they have a lifelong romance, and then after 42 years you lose that one person that's been your everything.

This story had plenty of conflict, or at least potential conflict. This being in LW, with all our jaded senses reading so many of these stories, how many of us were waiting for the MC to discuss a time when she cheated on him? The break in college hinted at a potential future misdeed. There was enough tension, but because the story was so lovely, I didn't want there to be any tarnishment of this beautiful romance. But, unfortunately, waiting for that other shoe to drop took a little away from me in reading this story, and enjoying it for what it was.

In our early marriage, my wife and I within one year visited art galleries in three different cities. By sheer coincidence this one painting of an early work by Picasso happened to be on loan at each of the galleries. Each time my wife saw that painting (it was a portrait of his mother) my wife couldn't look away and silently cried. It was very impactful on me as well, as I couldn't move my gaze from that painting for many minutes each time. That's art of the highest order. Something that touches your soul, and it doesn't necessarily need to have drama or conflict.

writer888writer888over 4 years ago
Good manuscript...

Now give it to a writer, who can make it into a real story. There is no connection with the characters, only telling us what they are doing.... Try showing...it makes the story longer, sure, but then we know the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ok.

That first comment by hdk was fucking appalling.

Sorry boy but who the fuck do you think you are? Ernest Hemingway?

You are very much a part of the clowns and jokers on here ffs.

Wind you neck in, you are no dreamcloud or Todd.

As for the story.

It was nice....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well

that's one way to keep a wayward person in line.

dumps her highschool sweetheart for 'funsies'

parents verbally beat her up, and she finds out later she dumped him while he was

fighting cancer. that's gotta leave a mental scar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Meh. I don’t get it...

I’m surprised at the kudos this story received, and by many of the elite here. I couldn’t agree more with HDK. What I like in a story, but especially here in LW, is when SOMETHING HAPPENS. Why in the world would she be interested in him? That’s only the first of many times the story could be interesting...but isn’t.

Stories require conflict, pure and simple. Cancer is a yawn unless you care about the characters, and how could I? They weren’t compelling enough to warrant any emotion from me, so they didn’t get it. Tears? What’s wrong with you people?

I usually enjoy TSG’s work, but this one is nothing more than a Romance. Next time please put your story in the appropriate category.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
To anonymous Ok.

You capitalize Ok. You need to capitalize HDK when you are referring to me. Do NOT call me "boy". Show proper respect. Smile when you refer to me as "Ernest Hemingway". Who are "dreamcloud" and "Todd"? What does "ffs" mean? Isn't "fucking appalling" a rather harsh term to describe my comment? Why are you sticking up for clowns and jokers? Are you in PACIFICA? Am I paranoid? Why do I stick my neck out, anyway?

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
@Writer888

Maybe you should take your own advice and give your idea to someone else to write. Maybe then it can achieve a score of 3.0.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years agoAuthor
@HDK

Please continue to "stick your neck out"...in your writing and in your comments (to me).

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Nice

to have a sweet story once in a while. Especially one that is well written. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
OK, but over rated...

If I manage to read thru a story I give it four stars, less and just don't comment on it. So, I gave this a four but I have to say I think it is over rated... a 4.63 at the time I read it. I found it a little difficult to follow, for me it didn't flow well. This type of story requires a lot of character development to be interesting and it just wasn't there. I never felt that empathy for or a closeness to the main characters.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Finally!!!!

An actual “Loving Wife” story! Thank You!

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
"the clowns and jokers who post here"

@HDK

We know you're good. You know you're good. But you were probably one the those "the clowns and jokers who post here" once upon a time.

Let's stick to compliments and critiques and not bad mouth each other.

As to this posting, the author is talented indeed. The story seemed to lack drama. There was not anything that grabbed the reader and compelled him/her to read on.

But I did enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

A simple, well told story. Thank you. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More then touching......

A true love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

I am a 64 year old man fighting back tears. I am fortunate to have been married to the love of my life for 41 years. When I met her we dated for three weeks and got engaged and were married in six months. Still going strong. What a great and touching story you have written please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
If You Have Ever

Lost a loved one or more than one to cancer you will really appreciate this story. Signed: BTW

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
OH GOD !

This story is so close to mine it is scary. My wonderful loving wife of 44 yrs. died in my arms from an unoperable brain tumor. Let me tell you about hospice workers. They are the most loving and caring people I have ever met besides my loving wife. If you ever find yourself in this type of situation they are the very best of the best for care giving. Thank you very much for this story even though it brought back some painful memories.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Touching

Thank You. I live in the Northeast and was married 35 years ago at the end of February, it was 72 degrees that day. I think it is still the record high for that day. The girls all had heavy dresses for a wedding in winter. I felt for them, they were sweating to death.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5* Speechless at how good this was! Write On!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This is the third time I've tried to read this story. Maybe sometime I'll make it to the end in one go. My wife and I were together for 35 years, married for 30 of them. I lost her to cancer 5 years ago and I'm still stumbling around in the dark.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Interesting

Apparently, many commenters are looking for a literary masterpiece on a free, erotic story site. While this posting more closely represents a eulogy (what a surprise! it's husband's memory speech at Dani's funeral) than a classic story, it IS beautifully written and emotionally stirring. Thanks to TSG and keep 'em comin'!

My sympathies to all the confused readers who couldn't keep up with the many timeline indicators.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanh you

Thank you for a very lovely, well-written story. Haven't been there a hope to never have to, but I loved your story. It touched me. Not many stories here do that.

Don't listen to the naysayers, there are way too many people out there who don't know how to read a map either. Their only hope is a GPS that tells them what to do. They obviously don't know how to read a story either.

Keep 'em coming or coming, your choice.

detroitdave

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Emotional

Very touching. Liked it immensely. 5. Always surprised how your able to change styles and pace. Very talented.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

I loved it. I intend reading a lot more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Writing

I will have to say that this is the best story I have had the pleasure to read that ended on a sad note. Those that have trouble with it have less than half a brain as they can't see the whole picture. Great writing. Don't let the comments of the little people discourage you! 5 STARS CC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dammit

I hate crying over a story. But this one struck too close to home. I lost my wife to a tumor. Everything was so quick. I felt I had so much I wanted to tell her but never got the chance. If she had not guided our relationship along, I would still be trying to get up the courage and find the words to ask her out. She is the one who told me it was time we decided to get married. She took care of every detail of our wedding. All I had to do was show up. I didn't even pick a Best Man. At the last moment...literally...she had one of her male cousins stand up with me. Every day of our marriage...18 years...was like our first year. Sometimes I want to shake my fist at God. But then I want to thank him for 18 perfect years of blissful marriage. Thank you for the story...but damn you for making me remember the pain of having to say Goodbye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It was wonderful Style Guy. Thank you.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Nice story, bit terry

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Excellent thanks, brought many a tear to my eye.

jesemmojesemmoover 3 years ago
Good Story

Had a hard time finishing the story because I lost my wife in a similar way. We had a great life together and when she was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer my life came to a reality of loss that I've never really recovered from. I enjoyed the story and the love they shared, but I hated facing a reminder of my loss.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Realy

Realy nice story.

ease037ease037over 3 years ago
Onions

I'mnot crying, YOU are crying....

very well done sir. it touched me deep

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
yes

a real loving wife story. Thank you so much. It's needed from time to time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A beautiful story, told with true style. thank you guy!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Heartbreakingly good.

A wonderful story, very well told. Top marks.

Thank you, sir. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WELL THAT WAS UNNECESSARILY GUT WRENCHING........................................

Especially since a close friend also named Dani just recently died pf cancer.

kansasjackkansasjackabout 3 years ago

What a wonderful story!! Unfortunately it is also very true to life. Dani was very brave to handle her sickness as well as she seemingly did. I picked up pretty early during the story that he might be speaking at her funeral. As hard as it is for the patient I hazard to guess how he got along after the love of his life was gone. At least they are H.S. sweethearts so I presume that they were close in age.

My wife and I have been married for 29 years as of April 22th. She is the love of my life and she is close to 16years younger than me. September 26 of 2019 I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer Stage IV. What I worry about more than anything is leaving her behind to fend for herself. I have survived for Eighteen months so far. My Oncologist told me 90 % of all patients will not live 12 months after diagnosis. I am very lucky because I feel as good today as I did when I was diagnosed. We don't talk about my cancer very much but I know she is worried. I am lucky because I really do feel great/good because I just accept it as a part of life. I refuse to let it bother me because there's nothing I can do about it. I will be 75 in June and she just turned 59. If you feel up to it please say a few pray about the couple in DeSoto, KS.

Thank you!

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 3 years ago
Well done

I agree with your intro, this could easily fit into romance. However, it is also refreshing to see a story about a true loving wife. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A lot of us wish

we had that marriage. That you for writing so well.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

I think this is one beautiful story by TSG. I really enjoy the rare Loving Wife story without cheating and conflict. This was all that, and induced a few tears too. To think, I once gave a TSG story a *2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Outstanding

You brought a tear to an old mans eye

bobbythreebobbythreeabout 3 years ago
Wow

I do believe this is the best story I've read on this site.

Thank you.

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

Just so lovely, just so sad, I didn't enjoy it, I didn't want her to die. I feel so empty. Beautifully written, possibly the best written story on lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The last minute drop in of a male student nurse, on someone about to give birth "don't carry water"! That would have, should have, been agreed upon in advance. Especially since the student was a male! The husband definitely would have to have been on board with that before that boat left the dock!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If you wanted your reader to leak a tear, you achieved your goal with the second “Hi, my name is...”. Well done.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

cordialddcordialddalmost 3 years ago

Just 'Cuz you got me all emotional doesn't mean it deserves a 5.

Oh hell, it really does. Nice job IAH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This one was so well written I actually felt a sense of loss at the end of it ! I also liked the way you teased the reader with scenarios that hinted at her cheating on him like the break up and the student nurse but she never does , yet it’s in the company of mostly cheating stories in this category .5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A wonderful loving beautiful marriage (the way they all should be). The ending was so sad. Anybody have a tissue. A 6.

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

A great story. I shed a tear at the end. Sex scenes? Who cares? -5-

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Lovely! We need more stories like that. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do another!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.

SIMILAR Stories