Danny and Elise Ch. 04

Story Info
How will Danny & Elise's first date go?
1.4k words
4.46
4.9k
2

Part 4 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/07/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
141 Followers

She smoked in the car on her way home from work Friday afternoon. She smoked again out back on her patio before getting in the shower. Elise knew she would still be a hot mess by the time Danny came to pick her up for their date in 2 hours, but she didn't dare risk the chance of smelling like cigarettes around him. She was aware of how irrational she was feeling, but Elise was scared to death of doing anything to fuck things up with this man she barely knew. But why?

Would it really be the end of the world if they didn't hit it off? If they found they had nothing in common? Continued on with their separate lives, seeing each other briefly in passing at work for who knew how long? Months? Years? Always wondering what could have been? The heavy ball in the pit of her stomach said it would.

She tried not to sweat as she dressed after her shower. Elise chose a red sweater and skinny blue jeans. Everyone always said red seemed to make her green eyes even more dazzling as well as bring out the natural red highlights of her auburn brown hair. Though she still felt a little self-conscious wearing them, Elise would have been lying if she said she hadn't chosen them on this particular occasion to show off her ass. She curled her mid-back length hair in big, loose curls and pulled it back on one side with a large clip with tiny little silver rhinestones on it. She applied her make-up more deliberately than usual, pausing at her lips, the final touch.

Elise couldn't help herself from thinking about Danny's lips. Her own reminded them of his, in a way, as she stared at herself in the mirror. Not too big, Not too thin. Just right. She finished with the lipstick and took a deep breath, continuing to look herself over in the mirror, secretly hoping some wise, subconscious part of her brain would suddenly make itself known and give her the best pep talk she had ever had. Elise resigned herself after no magical genies or shoulder angels popped up after a couple of minutes. She made her way to the living room and waited on the couch.

"Hey, Elise," she opened the door 20 minutes later. Reading a book while she waited to calm her nerves proved to be an effort in futility. She was fairly certain she couldn't remember a single word she had just read.

"You look...wow," Danny trailed off, staring at her, mouth slightly agape. Elise's cheeks began to burn.

"Sorry," he shook his head after what felt like an eternity of him looking at her in this way. "You look amazing."

"Come in," she said shyly, standing to one side, making room for him to enter.

"Thanks," he said, still staring at her with an amused smile on his face as he stepped into her living room.

"What?" Elise nervously asked as they stood awkwardly together near the door.

"I'm sorry," Danny apologized and shook his head again. "You just look so different than you do at work."

"Yah," she laughed softly.

"Not that you look bad at work. Just different. Wow. I really need to stop talking," they laughed nervously together.

"Are you ready for a fun-filled night of me sticking my foot in my mouth?"

"Yes, I just need to grab my coat," she pointed to the wall behind him where it was hanging.

"Which one?" he asked, turning to get it for her. She indicated her black pea coat to his left and he helped her slip it on.

"Thanks," she replied bashfully. For some reason, he was surprised by his manners, thoughtfulness, whatever you wanted to call it. She wasn't complaining, though. Elise only hoped it wasn't just part of an act to win her over. She deserved someone genuinely nice, didn't she?

They ended up talking for hours. They talked about anything and everything. It had taken Elise a surprisingly short amount of time to relax once they started chatting at the restaurant. By the time they left, it was nearly 10 o'clock.

"How about a walk?" Danny suggested as he helped her with her coat once again. "Or are you ready to call it a night?" he made an anxious-looking face. Elise wondered if he realized his brow was furrowed in an almost scowl, deep in thought, it seemed.

"A short one. My parents will be here in the morning, remember?"

"Right, right, right," he nodded his head vigorously. "Totally up to you then. I know it's getting late."

"No, I'd like to," she smiled at him wanly.

"Brr!" Danny rubbed up and down his arms when they stepped outside. "Sure got cold while we were in there."

"It has been like 4 hours," Elise chuckled.

"True," he joined her as they started off down the street towards the main part of town.

"Still. Why couldn't you have moved here when it was warmer out?" he joked.

"I did. You just didn't know me," a small smile played on her lips. Her face was beginning to hurt from smiling and laughing so much all night. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she had laughed so much. That was one of her new favorite things she had discovered about Danny that evening: How easily he could make her laugh.

The late October air was taking on a bitter coldness. She searched her pockets for a pair of gloves, but came up empty-handed.

"Damn," she mumbled.

"What's wrong?"

"I must have forgotten my gloves."

Suddenly, without asking, Danny took one of her hands in his. Normally, she probably would have tried to jerk it away, but she welcomed his touch. Their hands had already brushed against one another several times on their short walk. She savored the warmth of his strong, slightly rough hand enveloping her own small one. They both looked down at their entangled hands fleetingly before looking up at each other, stopping momentarily. Danny still didn't ask if it was ok, but he didn't need to: His eyes said it all.

"I didn't let go, did I?" This seemed to appease him and they continued walking, crossing Main Street, headed back toward the parking lot where Danny's truck awaited.

"I'm sorry," he said after they walked in silence for half a block.

"For what?" Elise looked to him.

"I'm not usually this forward. Well, not with a nice girl like you."

"What if I weren't a 'nice girl'?" she instantly fired back.

"You probably don't want to know," he gave a nervous laugh.

"You might be surprised." Elise kept her eyes forward, not wanting to see his reaction. It would likely only lead her to more inappropriate thoughts.

"You're treading on thin ice," Danny laughed.

"I might not be as nice as you think I am. Never confuse shyness with niceness," she let his mind wander.

He burst out laughing as they neared the parking area.

"You are something else, Elise Roberts. Hard to read, if nothing else, but certainly something," amusement filled his face.

"And you are exceedingly charming, but I must get some sleep," she said this while resting her other hand on the side of his face, looking him in the eyes.

"Besides, you're parking ticket is going to be outrageous. Are you sure I can't give you any money for it? It's the least I can do. It's not as if you talked to yourself all evening," they both chuckled.

They each fidgeted nervously in front of Elise's apartment door upon returning. She didn't dare invite him inside. Her brain was telling her to behave herself, but every square inch of the rest of her body was telling her otherwise. Not that she had much experience in the dating department, but she was trying hard to resist the urge to rush into things. She had a sinking feeling she was going to fail miserably at this in the end.

"I had a really good time," Danny offered.

"Me too." How had they ended up standing so close to one another?

"I guess I'll see you at work Monday."

"Yah," she tried to keep the disappointment out of her voice. She didn't want to see him at work next. Elise wanted to spend more time with him now.

"Oh. And happy early birthday," Danny finally made the decision to kiss her, but confined it to her cheek, the "safe zone". Beggars couldn't be choosers, though, and she took what she could get. Unfortunately, the feel of his warm lips against her skin just added more fuel to her pre-sleep daydreams, fantasies, what have you later that night.

"Thank you," Elise squeezed his hand before letting go. "Goodnight."

hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
141 Followers