Danny and Elise Ch. 11

Story Info
Danny and Elise's big day...
6.4k words
4.83
3.8k
4

Part 11 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/07/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
148 Followers

Per her insistence that yes, she was ok with doing it right away, Danny started helping her move in with him the following week. She had never lived with a man aside from her father, but it didn't feel as weird as Elise expected. The strangest part for her was selling all of her furniture. It had been a constant for her through the several times she had moved since graduating high school. It was "well-loved", sure, and it needed to be replaced anyway, but it felt like she was selling off old friends, as ridiculous as that sounded. Still, she was excited (and a little nervous, if she was being completely honest with herself) about starting this new chapter in her life with Danny.

As soon as Danny left the office Monday morning when they returned to work and the real world, Elise spilled the beans to Mary. She had to tell someone, anyone, and besides, she and her co-worker had become quite chummy in the 7 months She had worked for INDOT.

"How was your trip this weekend?" Mary asked from behind her screen, barely peeking her eyes over the top. Elise was still standing and crossed the short distance to her co-worker's desk. Slowly, she slid her left hand over the top of Mary's computer monitor. A gasp came from behind it.

"Shut. Up!" she grabbed Elise's hand and stood to get a closer look. It was amusing to hear her middle-aged co-worker talk like a teenage girl.

"Oh, it's beautiful, Elise."

It really was. At least she thought so and really, that's all that mattered. The band was made of 14-carat gold and held an emerald in the center. On either side of it were two Celtic trinity knots. Once Elise had gotten a good look at it in the light of the cabin after their nighttime trip to the falls, she had been even more floored by its significance.

Aside from being pretty and having an emerald, her favorite color, she knew Danny had chosen her ring in particular because of a story she had told him about her family history.

The story sounded made-up, the stuff of movie or fairytale fabrication. It was the love story of how her great-grandma and grandpa had fallen in love. She, Rachel, a poor young woman from Ireland, living in England as a servant for a well-to-do family, just trying to scrape enough money together to send home and help keep the rest of her family alive: Her parents and 5 younger brothers and sisters.

The young man of the house, Robert, was taken with Rachel right away. She secretly harbored feelings towards him as well, but tried rejecting his advances for a while, afraid of risking her sole source of meager income, of feeding her family. After 4 months, she couldn't stand it any longer and broke down one night. They kept their love a secret for several weeks before Robert was able to secure them spots on the next ship to America. The rest, as they say, was history. Rachel and Robert married right away in the new country, had 6 children together, and lived to a ripe old age.

Elise loved hearing that story from her grandmother, Opal, growing up. Although it was hard to believe with a very Cinderella-feel to it, she had always believed every word of it. Even if some of it was exaggerated, who cared? It was still a great story. Elise wanted to believe in it. Even as an adult, some recessed part of her wanted to find a love like that...Even if she hadn't exactly gone seeking it out...

Her grandmother had made several trips to Ireland before she passed away and said her mother, Rachel, had very much kept their their culture alive in their new home in America growing up. Elise remembered her own interest in the trinkets with elaborate Celtic designs her grandmother kept around the house, a few of which she inherited when Opal passed, and the pictures from her trips she had taken to Ireland, beautiful sweeping views of pastoral lands and unimaginably high seaside cliffs, blown up and hung on the walls of her home.

Her grandmother's love of all things from their ancestors' homeland had been passed on to Elise. She collected her own trinkets and knick-knacks, loved tracing the designs herself as a kid, and even went through a phase where she became obsessed with Celtic folklore. The simple emerald ring held between two trinity knots meant more to Elise than Danny would probably ever know.

"It's not much and I know you probably want to pick your own wedding band out, but I have something really special in mind when we get around to it," Danny had said back at the cabin as Elise twisted and fingered the ring in bed that night.

"No..." she trailed off, lost somewhere in thought. "It's perfect."

"So this was the real reason for the big romantic getaway, huh?" Mary looked up at her, still holding the end of Elise's fingers lightly to look at the ring.

"Evidently. How stupid am I for not realizing what was up?"

"So you were surprised?" Mary asked, genuinely curious.

"Yes!" she giggled, shaking her head. "He's had this planned for a month, as it turns out. He's been super sneaky." Elise explained all of the other things he had asked her over the weekend.

"Wow...," Mary paused. "I don't even know what to say," she shook her head lightly. "I've known that kid for years. I never would have guessed he could plan something like that or be so sweet. Not that he's not a sweet kid, but" she tried to correct herself quickly.

"It's ok," Elise laughed softly. "I knew what you meant. I'm still in shock myself" she twisted the ring back and forth slightly with a small smile on her face as she looked down at it.

"You guys are just the cutest, you know that?" Mary asked. Elise just smiled at her and walked around her desk to sit.

"Guess I'd better get my head out of the clouds and get to work, huh?"

Elise felt like she could puke at any second she was so nervous. Danny's parents had just arrived at their house and hers would be there any moment for her and Danny's big announcement dinner.

She had been smart and put her ring away in her jewelry box. Her mother was sometimes oblivious, but something told her her dad would probably notice it and definitely Danny's father, Harold. Nothing got by him. He had been trained to notice small details in the Army and it was clear the habit had never fully worn off.

Elise paced in the kitchen when she wasn't helping Danny prepare the food. The roast chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, and green beans all smelled delicious cooking, but she was afraid she wouldn't be able to eat much, even though the delicious aroma was making her stomach growl.

"Calm down. It'll be fine," Danny moved away from the stove and grabbed her, attempting to rub some of the tension out of her shoulders.

"I'm freaking out."

"I noticed. Deep breaths," he spoke low in her ear. Her heart rate had increased noticeably all morning. She tried his suggestion, which helped some...temporarily.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Danny called, not wanting his parents, who were watching tv in the living room, to worry about it. It was his house, after all. No. Their house. Elise was still having a hard time getting used to that. It had only been two weeks, a little less, really, since she had moved in.

Elise followed him to greet her parents.

"Hey, guys! Come on in!" Danny greeted jovially, not a care in the world. How could he be so calm all of the time? She envied him for it.

Elise hugged each of her parents as they got in the door.

"Did you guys make it here alright?" Danny asked them.

"Oh, yes. No problems at all," her father answered. "Gotta love modern technology," he waved his phone in the air and chuckled.

"Good. Glad to hear it. Come on in and have a seat. Dinner's almost ready. These are my parents, Harold and Lorraine," he introduced.

"Hello, Jerry Roberts," her dad went over and shook hands with Danny's parents.

"Beth Roberts," Elise's mom followed suit.

"I'm gonna check on the chicken. You guys make yourselves comfortable. I'll let you know when the food's done," Danny left them to their own devices in the living room.

Elise wasn't sure what to do with herself. Her parents occupied the loveseat, Danny's the couch. There were 2 recliners left, but she felt too nervous to sit, but felt it would be rude to hide in the kitchen now that her parents were there.

"For God sake's, Elise. Sit down. You're making me nervous," her mom said.

"Sorry," she crossed the room and sat in the recliner between her parents and Danny's. Elise felt like she should be the one making conversation, being a good host, but she was horrible at small talk on a good day. She secretly hoped her chatty parents or Danny's sweet mom would think of something to say first.

"So you guys are from up north?" Lorraine asked. Elise felt her shoulders relax and hoped she hadn't let out an audible sigh of relief.

Her and Danny's mother made chit-chat for a few minutes, her father occasionally interjecting. Harold seemed more interested in whatever was on tv. Even though she still found him intimidating, he was gaining points with her all the time. He may not harbor the same neurotic tendencies as her, but other than that, they were actually quite similar in their demeanor around others.

"Dinner is served," Danny appeared in the doorway, smiling. "Everybody come grab a plate," he waved an arm and disappeared back into the kitchen. Elise somehow ended up trailing behind everyone else with Harold.

"Not a fan of idle chit-chat either, huh?" he spoke in a hushed tone and smiled slightly.

"That would be an understatement," she somehow found her voice and smiled back.

All Elise could focus on through the course of their meal was the clink of forks and knives against plates. She nibbled on her own food now and then, at least to give the illusion that she was eating. Of course, her mother still noticed.

"Elise, you've barely eaten a thing," her mother commented. "Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine," she spoke quietly. "My stomach's just a little upset." It wasn't a complete lie.

"Well, hopefully you're feeling better later. This is delicious, Danny. Thank you," her mother smiled at him.

"Yes, thank you," her father chimed in.

"No problem. I'm just glad you guys were able to make it down," he smiled back at them.

"I have to admit, though, we had ulterior motives for inviting you guys here today." Danny took her hand under the table.

"Oh?" Jerry asked.

"As you all know, Elise moved in with me a couple of weeks ago." Some of their parents nodded their heads. "But something else happened a couple of weeks ago that we wanted to share with you guys."

"Are you pregnant?" Beth looked at Elise.

After being totally and completely flabbergasted for a few seconds, she finally spoke.

"What?! No!" Elise wanted to die right then and there in front of everyone. She had never been so embarrassed in her life. Her face burned.

"Well?! You said your stomach was upset and you barely ate anything. What did you expect me to think?"

"Ugh. Mom..." Elise mumbled. She wanted to bury her face in her hands, but resisted the urge and let Danny finish speaking.

"No, I asked Elise to marry me. And she said 'yes'," he squeezed her hand under the table. Lorraine and Beth both gasped. Both of their fathers looked surprised, though Harold less so with just his eyebrows raised. Elise didn't get the impression he disliked her. He just wasn't that emotional. Or at least he wasn't expressive about them. Danny definitely took after his mother more.

"Oh my God! Congratulations!" her mother said as everyone got up from their seats to hug and shake hands with Elise and Danny. It felt weird having so much attention drawn to her, but she was also relieved everyone seemed to be happy. She wasn't even sure exactly why she had been so nervous. Maybe she was afraid they would think they were rushing into it too quickly. After all, they hadn't even been dating for a year. Better question, why did she care? Because it was her parents, of course, and their opinion mattered to her and she wanted Danny's parents to like her too. Still. She needed to stop caring so much what others thought. The only thing that mattered was that she and Danny were happy, right?

"I'm so excited for you guys!" Lorraine hugged her, the same twinkle in her eyes that Danny got when he was excited or up to something.

"Where's your ring?" she took Elise's hand.

"Yah, sweetie. We want to see it," her mother chimed in, getting caught up in the excitement.

"I didn't want to ruin the surprise. It's in my jewelry box," she chuckled, amused by their excitement. They reminded her of teenage girls, the same way Mary had when she showed her.

"Right back," Elise excused herself to the bedroom and retrieved the ring from the jewelry box on top of her dresser in the corner of the room. She felt a sense of relief putting it back on. Ever since Danny gave it to her she had been scared to death of losing it.

Elise returned to the living room and held her hand out to her waiting mother and soon-to-be mother-in-law. When she looked up at her mom, she saw tears in her ears.

"What is it, mom?"

"You told him the story, didn't you?" Beth referred to the story of Elise's great-grandmother and grandfather.

"Yah," Elise admitted quietly. "I hope that's ok."

"Of course, sweetheart. That's just, so sweet," she swiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "That boy's definitely a keeper," she smiled at Elise. "You raised a thoughtful son," she patted Lorraine on the shoulder.

"Thank you," Danny's mom responded. "We sure are looking forward to having Elise in our family now too," she leaned forward and hugged Elise.

"I'm just glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore," she laughed softly. "This has been the most nerve-racking 2 weeks of my life!"

Naturally, they held their wedding at the local state park, Glendale. It was close enough for all of their family to attend, they could hold the ceremony outside, and it was one of their favorite places in the world, even though it was a mere 10-minute drive from their home. They couldn't have asked for better weather either, which had been one of Elise's main concerns having an outdoor wedding in the middle of the typical rainy season in Indiana. It was a sunny, low 70's afternoon. Only the occasional cloud drifted by as her mother helped her get ready in the cabin Danny had rented for the two of them for the weekend.

Elise grew nervous thinking about reading the vows she had written in front of their family, even her own. They were very heartfelt, getting caught up in the moment when she had written them, thinking only of speaking them to Danny. She tried to remind herself of that now as her stomach churned. You're just reading them for Danny. You're just reading them for Danny.

"You ok, pumpkin?" her mother suddenly stopped fussing with her dress, looking up at her.

"I'm fine. Just a little nervous," Elise forced a smile and smoothed the front of her dress out.

"Don't go getting cold feet now," Beth joked, smiling back at her before continuing to nitpick at Elise's dress.

"It's not that," she laughed softly. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life," she paused. "I'm just nervous about sharing that in front of everyone."

Elise's mother took her by the arms and looked her seriously in the eyes.

"This is your day, sweetheart. No, let me rephrase that," she shook her head. "This is yours and Danny's day. Say whatever is on your heart, Elise. Pretend like the rest of us aren't here because you two are the only ones who matter today."

"Thanks, mom," she smiled and hugged her.

Neither she nor Danny could wipe the silly grins from their faces throughout the short ceremony. Everything was right in life at that moment and everything was falling into place where it belonged.

"You look beautiful," he had spoken softly in her ear as she made her way over to him at the lookout where their wedding was being held. Just because they were having a rustic, small, outdoor wedding didn't mean that she had wanted to scrimp on the fancy dress.

The dress Elise chose was an A-line, sweetheart neckline number with tiny, see-through capped sleeves. She had never been a fan of sleeveless dresses of any kind and her modest side felt like one for her wedding would be too sexy, especially considering her build. She had inherited her mother's large breast size and curves. Per Beth's insisting, Elise had tried on one sleeveless dress when she was shopping around. She was scared to death one of her boobs was going to flop out at any second. Even her mother had taken a long look at her with it on and said, "Go try another one."

Danny seemed smitten with her choice now as much as she was, but knew in her heart she could have shown up looking like a hobo and he would have been just as happy. Elise had never seen him in a tuxedo either, and couldn't help but think how funny, but handsome he looked, reminding her of the only other time she had seen him in something so nice, the suit he had worn to dinner the night he proposed.

"Elise, would you like to read some of your own words?" the pastor speaking her name got her attention. Had she been off in her own little world that entire time?

"Yes," she tried to speak up, how she spoke around Danny, not her usual meek voice around groups of people. Elise looked to her mother briefly, searching for reassurance.

"Go on," Beth mouthed and smiled.

She turned her attention back to Danny, who winked at her, giving his own non-verbal reassurance. Elise took a deep breath.

"Danny, I knew you were going to be trouble from the day I met you." Everyone chuckled, including Danny.

"The way you kept staring at me, sneaking glances throughout that meeting on my first day. I fell for your outward appearance right away too that day, but it didn't take me long to realize you were an even more beautiful person on the inside," Elise paused, feeling the first emotional stirrings.

"If I had known that day what a wonderful, patient, kind human being you were that day, I wouldn't have been as scared to fall in love with you. Well, that's not entirely true. You and I both know I would have still acted the way I did." Danny chuckled silently as he held her hands, but the tears were glistening evidently in his eyes.

"Still, if I had known then what I know now, it wouldn't have been as scary. But you were just the person I needed and still need. Falling in love with you was scary at first, but in a good way. Like a roller-coaster. Thrilling and safe at the same time," she smiled at him.

"You always say how beautiful I am, making it seem like I could get any guy I wanted. But there is no other guy for me. You are it, Danny. They say 'opposites attract' and that seems to be true of us. For all of my insecurities, you make up in confidence. You bring out the better parts in me, make me feel like a whole person. No one has ever made me feel or act this way and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else," Elise squeezed his hands tightly, looking up at him, trying not to cry too much. There was an empty pause before the pastor asked if Danny would like to say a few words of his own as well. Elise didn't dare look away from him. He was grounding her in the moment. Danny mouthed, "I love you," before he spoke his vows aloud.

"Elise Marie Roberts, I have loved you since the day I met you. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I knew I was meant to be with you from the day I met you," he smiled at her again, still holding her hands.

"I don't want to say that I knew we'd be here, a year and a half later, getting married, because I didn't. But I'm glad you chose me as 'your person'." Elise was having a hard time fighting her happy tears back.

"You are so funny, smart, beautiful and a million other things. I could go on about you all day, but I'm ready to get this party started," Danny joked, trying to provide some comedic relief. "You're my favorite person in the world and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," he leaned in, slightly, as if he were going to kiss her, before quickly pulling back. Elise couldn't help but wonder if anyone else had noticed. It was another one of his "Dannyisms" that she felt like was so slight that only she noticed.

hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
148 Followers
12