Dark Angel: Rising from the Ashes

Story Info
Triumphant return to her first love.
5.7k words
4.78
12.1k
37
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bleeep
bleeep
591 Followers

This story is a continuation of "Dark Angel".

5 years later.

I'd always told Reyna I wanted my own shop, but after trying it for a while, it was just too much work. Ultimately, I ended up at a local dealership as a line mechanic. I could work when I wanted and didn't have to fuck with the paperwork and bureaucracy. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers were friendly. I'd struck up a friendship with one of the other mechanics, Jeff. He was only a few years out of high school, but was very talented, probably rivaling my own skills, but what had drawn me to him initially was his appearance. Jet black hair, tats covering both arms and Metal music always blaring from a beat up boom box on his work bench. If only he knew who I was married to, he'd probably shit himself.

Reyna had gotten her degree and was working as a counselor for abused and battered women, something she was very passionate about. She divided her time between her two loves, work and our children. With the

addition of our daughter three years ago, we now had two, but she was growing restless. Increasingly, I saw her scribbling in a notebook. Sometimes in bed, others in moments of quiet in the evenings after the kids were in bed. One evening I asked her about it.

"I've seen you with that notebook quite a bit recently." I observed. "What's up?"

"I've started writing again." She answered.

"Writing?" I questioned.

"Songs, I've had a few bouncing around in my head recently, wanted to get them on paper before I lost them." She smiled.

"You thinking about...?" I started.

"Maybe." Reyna interrupted. "Music was a big part of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy. You and the kids are my world, I'm thrilled to be where I am. I just miss the...I don't really know what, I just miss 'IT'."

"You want to be 'Dark Angel' again?" I asked.

"No, never." She answered. "She's dead and I'm an entirely different person now, thanks mostly to you. She was angry, alone and bitter, hence why I gravitated towards Death Metal. What I'm hearing in my head and attempting to write down is much more upbeat, still Hard Rock at least, maybe light metal, if such a thing exists. Even got a couple power ballads that might pan out."

I grinned. "Kinda all over the place aren't you?"

"Yeah." She giggled, leaning on my shoulder. "But you knew from the start I was complicated."

Several days later, I was elbows deep in an Audi, when Jeff wandered over.

"Hey, Eric." He said, trying to be heard over the noise in the shop. "Got a minute?"

"Sure." I responded. "What's up?"

"I don't know, just thinking." He sighed.

"About?" I inquired.

"The band." He answered.

Jeff was lead guitarist and backup vocalist with a hard rock/metal band, a bunch of his school buddies. I'd seen some of their stuff on the internet and had to admit, they were pretty good, even Reyna thought so.

"We have a contest in a couple weeks, and our lead singer quit." He explained. "She was dating the drummer, and they had a falling out. Now we're fucked. I can do backup, but I'm not nearly good enough to lead. The rest of the guys sound like cat's mating."

"Ouch." I winced, imagining the sound, then a thought occurred to me. "I just may know someone that might be able to help you."

"Really." He beamed. "Dude, that would be awesome. Who?"

"Can't tell you right now, but I'll let you know as soon as I can." I deflected.

Later that evening I told Reyna of Jeff's dilemma. She sat silently all through dinner and into the evening before sitting in my lap as I watched TV.

"You'd be OK with this?" She asked, peering into my eyes.

"If it's what you want, then yes." I assured. "Can't say I'm not a little scared though. What if they figure out who you are?"

"I'm Reyna, it's all anybody needs to know." She grinned. "Any resemblance between me and her is purely coincidental."

The next day at work, I told Jeff I'd found him a singer.

"She any good?" He asked.

"You in any position to argue?" I teased. "Besides, is that any way to talk about my wife? To answer your question, yes she can sing, probably better than anyone you've ever met."

"You could be a little biased." He grinned.

"I am." I chuckled. "But not about this, honestly, what have you got to lose?"

"We had a practice scheduled for tonight, if I can get the guys together, you think she could be there?" He asked.

I texted Reyna, and she agreed making Jeff really happy.

That evening, I sent Reyna to the address Jeff gave me. I stayed with the kids. On short notice, we couldn't find a sitter. Probably for the best, though. I'm no musician and other than moral support, I'd just be in the way.

I was already in bed when Reyna got home. Trying to be quiet, she prepared for bed and silently slipped under the covers.

"How'd it go?" I asked, pulling her into me.

"Shit." She hissed. "Scared me to death." Then she grinned. "It was...wonderful, exhilarating, terrifying..."

She was almost bouncing, she was so excited.

"It was a little rough at first." She explained. "It's been a while. I had to learn their style and they had to learn mine, but ultimately, we got it together. In the end, we didn't want to stop. That's why I'm so late."

While she was telling me of her night, she'd been fondling my cock and once it met her expectations, she straddled me, impaling herself. From the level of wetness I detected, she was very aroused.

"So, no fun at all?" I teased.

"Quiet you." She commanded, gyrating her hips, moaning softly. "Or I'll do this without you."

I pulled her into a passionate kiss, our tongues dueling as I thrusted up into her soaking pussy. She bucked just that much harder and sat up, pinching her nipples and groaning as her lust rose. Damn, she was wound up. It only took a few minutes before she went stiff and orgasmed, exhaling sharply, then collapsed on my chest, panting heavily.

I stroked her hair and held her as she recovered, my stiff dick still encased in her warm depths, I hadn't cum yet. As I was thinking of continuing, Reyna started snoring. Apparently she'd had all the excitement she could handle for one day. Just my luck.

"Good night my little rock star." I whispered, kissing the top of her head, then went to sleep myself.

She was up and gone when I awoke the next morning, I'm sure getting breakfast ready for the kids. Our daughter, especially, rarely slept in, much like her mother.

I showered, dressed and went downstairs, finding the whole family at the table. I ruffled my son's hair, smiling. "You're up early, Bumble." I teased. I'd nicknamed him after the character from 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer' because of his unruly white hair and adorably goofy grin.

Hi daddy." He chirped. "Mommy made pancakes!"

I kissed my daughter on the cheek. "How's my little tsarina?" She just grinned, mouth full of food.

Finally, I kissed my wife. "Morning kroshka, sleep well?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "But I kinda left you...sorry."

"It's OK." I reassured her. "Yesterday was very emotional for you. It's been a long time and it overwhelmed you. I'm very glad it went that well, you deserve it."

"So you're OK if I go with this?" She asked.

"I saw happiness in you last night that I've only seen on rare occasions since we met." I stated. "Our wedding, the births of the kids. I couldn't deny you that. Chase your dream again."

She kissed me, beaming. "Thank you lyubimaya, I love you so much."

"How could you not, I'm adorable." I teased, kissing the end of her nose.

"To work you, before I drag you off." She purred.

I'd barely made it to my toolbox when Jeff hollered at me. "Where in the hell did you find her?" He boomed.

"I take it you were impressed." I said, grinning.

"Man, she's amazing." He shook his head. "That's a big voice in that little woman. Has she ever been professional, I feel like I've heard her before?"

I swallowed hard, buying time to think. "I think she was in a high school musical or two, if I remember correctly, but beyond that, I don't think so." I lied.

"She easily could be." He complimented. "We're gonna wipe the floor with those other bands, I owe you BIG time."

"I'm happy to help, and she's ecstatic." I assured. "Just make sure she stays safe and it's all good."

Reyna and the guys got in a couple more rehearsals before the contest, and were very happy with the results. She all but floated around the house, humming, or outright singing nearly constantly as the date approached.

"You nervous?" I asked, the night before.

"A little." She answered. "The guys are ready, and I admit, they're good, like almost professionally good, but I'd like another rehearsal or two. Not gonna happen, of course, but... It helps that expectations are low, I'm not performing as 'her', just a suburban housewife, so even if I screw up completely, nobody's going to care."

"I'm sure that won't happen." I comforted, kissing her forehead. "I know how hard you've worked for this."

Friday night we dropped the kids at Reyna's parents for the weekend and prepared for the band contest.

She was actually excited. "It's been so long, I've missed this so much." She grinned, fidgeting in her seat waiting for the first band to take the stage.

"Am I going to have to sedate you?" I chuckled.

"Probably." She giggled.

Their band was fourth. The first band was, to be kind, horrible. Scrap metal in a dryer would have sounded better. It might be a very long night.

Just before the second band started, Jeff came out. He looked panicked, his eyes scanning the crowd. Finding me, he took off towards me.

I saw him approaching. "Man, you look worried, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Just a bad case of nerves." He grimaced. "Happens before every show."

"You guys got this." I assured. "If that first band was any indication, I could win this beating on a car fender with a hammer."

Jeff laughed. "They were pretty bad weren't they?"

"Skedaddle." I grinned. "There's a band back there that needs you."

The second band was just finishing by the time I found a good seat. They were good, maybe some competition after all. The third wasn't terrible, but I wasn't really paying attention. My mind was reeling from the realization I was going to see my wife perform for the first time. I'd heard her sing before, around the house and when we were messing around, but not professionally. I just hoped she wasn't as nervous as I was.

After what seemed years, the band took the stage. Reyna looked so small in front of these big, burly, biker looking dudes. I guess if she was in her 'Dark Angel' persona, she'd look more appropriate, but she was in jeans and a frilly, light green top. She'd let her hair go back to it's natural white and given up her purple contacts for a more normal amber. From the crowd's view, she looked like a tiny teenage girl, and absolutely NOT like 'Dark Angel'.

The band started playing...loud. Blasting the intro to Joan Jett's 'Bad Reputation' across the arena. Reyna stepped forward, mic in hand and jumped in.

Not a really good song for her talents, but she made it sound amazing. The crowd was lackluster at first, being as the first three bands were decent at best, but her voice and her phrasing started to win them over. By the end of the song, they were paying attention and applauded when it ended. The songs the band played continued to rise in tempo and energy, building to the climax Reyna had picked. The crowd had responded in kind, becoming more engaged and animated as set progressed and by the time the last song started, they were standing, crowding the stage as she sang.

The last song started, Pat Benatar's 'Promises in the Dark'. Reyna started out slowly, as the song doesn't really take off immediately, standing just out of reach of the surging crowd, then as the chorus started, she exploded, voice soaring, with a power and fury her small frame seemed to make impossible. The crowd went ballistic!

Reyna sang her heart out, nearly bursting from the emotions swirling inside her. What started out as fear and trepidation quickly gave way to elation as she realized she was exactly where she wanted to be. She needed the crowd, she fed off their energy, absorbed it, amplified it and sent it right back at them. It was the most amazing and at the same time the most terrifying thing I'd ever witnessed. She drove the crowd to the brink of chaos, then held them there, spellbound. As the last notes died away, they stood, mouths agape at what they had just witnessed, then they erupted in applause. Jeff and the Bass player stepped in front of her and blocked the crowd as Reyna made a hasty retreat.

I met her backstage, threw my arms around her and hugged her. "That was AMAZING." I screamed over the din of the crowd. "I can't even describe how proud I am of you."

As the last band took the stage, we went to find the guys and find a quiet corner to wait for the judging. Deliberation didn't take long and it was little surprise they won. $5000 worth of won.

As they completed loading the gear, the guys approached Reyna. "We want you to have this." They said, handing her the check. "If it weren't for you, we'd have never won this."

Reyna smiled. "I appreciate the gesture guys, but we don't need the money, you guys do. Please split it amongst yourselves and if you'd all come by the house, we'll celebrate and I'll explain why."

I looked at her, fear flashing in my eyes. "You're going to tell them?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "I think it's time I quit hiding who I am, or at least who I was."

About an hour later, were sitting in our living room, swilling beer and celebrating.

"OK." Reyna inhaled, a serious look on her face. "We need to tell you something. Something we've kept secret for a very long time. Something, we hope you can keep secret as well, for now anyway."

"Guys." Jeff said, confused. "You're scaring me. Are you hiding from the mob or robbed a bank, or something."

"Nothing nearly that interesting." Reyna chuckled. "Just answer me this, if you could meet a dead musician, specifically a female musician, who would you pick?"

Several names were thrown out, then Biggs, the drummer said "I always thought 'Dark Angel' was pretty cool, such a little thing with that great big voice, she...kinda...NO!"

"Biggs?" Jeff said. "You OK, man?"

"Guys, don't you get it?" He shook his head, trying to make sense of the thoughts swimming in it. "She's..."

"Son of a bitch, he married 'Dark Angel'." Jeff gasped. "That voice couldn't belong to anyone else. We did a set with..." He slumped over, totally dumbstruck.

Over the ensuing hours, we explained how we came to be who we are and asked the guys to keep the secret as best they could. If Reyna was comfortable telling them our secret, I suspected this wasn't her last appearance.

"Would you guys like me to sing with you again?" She asked, practically reading my mind. "I had a really good time. I'd forgotten how much of a rush it is."

The unanimous opinion was if she wanted to slum with a backwater band of misfits, they'd be honored.

"I've started writing again, if you'd be interested in some original stuff." She grinned.

"You do know you're dangling a hamhock in front of a group of starving dogs?" I chuckled. "Even I'm smart enough to see the potential in that deal."

All they could do was nod stupidly, amazed at their luck.

Later, after the guys left, we talked. "You really ready to go back in?" I asked.

"I think so." She nodded. "But not as 'Dark Angel', I think she needs to stay dead, not even going to try that music again, I don't 'feel' it anymore. The new stuff I've been tinkering with is quite a bit less brutal, some of it's even happy. Guess I'm mellowing in my old age."

"Are you worried about them finding out you're not dead?" I inquired.

"I haven't done anything wrong, technically." She pondered. "I implied suicide, but it's not illegal to change your mind, and I never concealed, or altered my REAL identity. 'Dark Angel' was my stage name, many performers have changed their personas."

"You're right." I admitted. "I just remember how adamant you were about protecting your identity when we first met."

"I was in a whole different place then." She explained. "I was alone and scared. I didn't have anybody. I have you and the kids now, I belong somewhere. I'm not afraid of them anymore."

I still have a hard time believing just how strong she has become since we met. Deep down I was very proud of her even if I was scared shitless about the future.

That night as we lay in bed, Reyna snuggled into me, we continued. "What's the plan?" I asked.

"Sing with the guys, if they'll have me." She giggled, knowing they'd be fools not to. "Beyond that, just see where it goes. Oh, and..." Her hand slid down my body. "I kinda owe you from the other night."

We didn't get much sleep that night. Reyna was hellbent on making up for leaving me unsatisfied the night of the first practice. I tried to tell her it wasn't necessary, but it's really hard to talk with a very excited woman sitting on your face. It had been a very long time since we'd fucked like that. She totally drained me, leaving me gasping and sweating in a puddle of our own making. We were both so exhausted we just fell asleep afterwards, waking in the morning, stuck to each other and the bed linens. A night I will long remember.

A few days later, a video of her performance hit the internet. Reyna was surprised. It hit over 5 million views in the first two weeks. A few had already started speculating that she was more than she seemed.

"Guess I still got it." She beamed.

"Anyone that says otherwise has to fight me." I chuckled.

The band got booked for a performance at a local venue several weeks later. Not huge, 500 seats or so, but they nearly sold it out. Due mostly to internet chatter about Reyna's voice. They performed some covers, but a good amount of Reyna's new stuff was included as well. It was a resounding success and they were invited back for a repeat the following month. That show sold out in less that 2 hours.

"We need to find a studio somewhere." Reyna said after the show, sitting with the guys backstage. "The new songs are really taking off, we're missing out on a lot of opportunity here. We can sell the CD's at the shows and offer downloads online, but we need professional help. We also need a name for the band, something catchy and memorable."

Watching four guys sit around and rack their collective brains is painful under ideal circumstances. This was absolute hell as, one after another, they threw out whatever oozed from their neanderthal minds. Most were stupid, several were offensive in general or to women in particular, then came the winner. Phoenix.

Reyna nodded, intrigued. "Where did that come from?"

"Think about it." Explained EZ, he was the bass player, he'd look more at home in a jazz or blues band, but really brought something special when he played. "The phoenix would die, consumed by flames only to rise the next day from the ashes of its own destruction, reborn. Much like our esteemed lead singer here."

"Hell yeah!" Jeff exclaimed.

"What's a 'feenicks'?" Biggs asked. Drummers don't necessarily need to be smart. Biggs wasn't going to win a Nobel Prize any time soon, but he was loyal and friendly and very, very talented.

Reyna hugged the tall, black man with tears in her eyes, then kissed him on the cheek. "I love it and I get the reference. It's perfect. 'Phoenix' it is."

The band played once a month or so, never more than an hour from home and started filling larger venues. In their second year, 2000 seat arenas filled in hours after ticket became available. With the influx of cash, studio space was rented and the first album was recorded. Sales were brisk as they became more widely known. The guys tried, unsuccessfully, on many occasions to get Reyna to take her share, but she staunchly refused, reminding them that her previous career left her with more than we'd ever need. Reluctantly, they agreed, but further discussions were not ruled out. Finally, the day I was dreading came. 'They' noticed.

bleeep
bleeep
591 Followers
12