Dark Archer, Pt. 02

Story Info
Adventures on the mountain.
1.5k words
4.63
1.1k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 03/28/2024
Created 03/17/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sleep was the best I had experienced in some time. I imagine Graud and his watchfulness had something to do with this. I trusted him. I don't know why. Solenne was returning from the forest with looked to be a massive pile of roots. Since we would feed Graud, it was a good idea. Solenne began the roots. I started the coffee.

Graud announced he wanted fish for breakfast and thundered away from camp. Some fifteen minutes later, he returned with seven or eight large fish. These I cleaned and began to cook. Graud seemed very pleased with himself. And I like fish. It was all Solenne, and I were able to do to eat just one fish. The rest were consumed by our new friend. Graud was also eying the coffee. Coffee all around then.

I was more observant of Solenne when she partook. A hypothesis was developing. She had coffee and was becoming younger. This morning, her skin was smoother still, she stood taller, her eyes were clearer, all her teeth appeared to be there, and more energetic than before. Solenne also seemed less gassy and more lady like.

A few days of rest made a large difference. Our now trio went forth. Graud's size set a hard pace for us. We had to rest more often Solenne and me. But our new friend knew the paths and where to find food and water. A big help. The speed wore Solenne down too quickly. Graud showed he had a gentleman's side to him. He offered to carry her. Solenne allowed this and he scooped her into one arm as though she weighed nothing. Nor did it slow him down. We had a great distance to cover, but today was good progress.

Towards late afternoon, Graud stopped. His large nose lifted to the air as he sniffed. There was a look on his face. Something that hinted of caution. Solenne was gingerly placed to the ground. Graud scanned the woods and sky. My hands gripped my bow and arrows in preparation.

"We stay here tonight." Graud said. "We make camp here."

Something was wrong and he wasn't sharing. But I believed him.

We made camp as asked. Graud went into the forest to collect wood. You could hear the snap of massive limbs as he broke them with brute strength. The amount he returned with was enough for a bonfire, yet he went back for more.

Something had Graud concerned. If he was concerned, I should be frightened to death. The size of the campfire was immense and the heat drove us back. Graud sat with his back to the fire, constantly scanning the darkness. My weapons were always close by. Solenne and I were told to sleep. Graud would watch first and wake me later. Solenne and I settled to have some food and I made coffee. No one would sleep deeply tonight.

Later, Solenne went aside to wash a little. I marveled at the changes in her. The grey and straw-like hair had darkened too, almost black. The hair fell past her shoulders in long full silk strands. The skin had smoothed and was without wrinkles. Solenne raised her skirt to show the bronzed and shapely legs.

She looked towards me as I stared at her. I was unable to help myself. Firelight danced from her eyes as he looked in my direction. There was a heat rising in my body not related to the fire. Desire grew in my mind. To tease me further, she undid the top laces of her blouse to wash. The sloping tops of her breasts became visible. Still her gaze held me. I knew she was a Witch of some sort. The changes in her as we traveled could not be made in any other way. Was this her magic working? Or perhaps the magic that a woman uses on a man? Suddenly she ceased washing to cover up and sleep. I would not sleep with such thoughts and visions in my head.

My eyes did close at some point. I dreamed of a great darkness. You could feel menace as a tangible thing. I spun round and round in my dream as I tried to discern the impending threat. The blade was gripped, and I swung it at an unseen foe. What was out there? There was no sight of my traveling companions in the dream. I stood my ground alone. The hair on my neck stood tall. Whatever it was close.

Then I was awakened by Graud.

He whispered. "It comes."

I quickly and quietly rose to my feet. An arrow was notched. I stood ready. Peripheral vision showed Solenne also at the ready. She stood tall with a six-foot staff in her hands. Solenne's eyes narrowed as she too searched the dark expanse.

The thing sprang from over the treetops. The leap was impossibly high. I call it a thing as I have no idea what it is. There were eight legs as a spider would have, but they looked to be the legs of a lizard. Scaly and muscular they were. There were just as many arms as legs, and they lashed about like an octopus I once saw. These arms were also covered with scales and powerful.

The head had many eyes as a spider would, each one blood red. The head was covered with smaller scales and instead of a mouth, a great and snapping beak. It was among us before we realized.

Graud attacked with ferocity and a massive roar. Yet the beast tossed him aside with ease. Undeterred, He arose to renew the attack. Graud avoided the snapping claw ended feet to wrestle with multiple arms. The beak tried many times to tear into Graud's flesh. But he always managed to avoid it.

I shot multiple arrows in the span of seconds. They merely bounced off the hardened scales. My arrows cast aside, and my sword drawn now. I slashed at the dancing limbs to little effect. A great blue beam emanated from Solenne's staff, striking the beast's main body. It roared in anger and pain. The attention was now directed at Solenne.

Graud leaped on the beast to wrap massive arms around its neck. Solenne continued to pummel the beast with beams and I leaped about slashing with my sword.

Our trio did little damage as we fought. We, however, grew tired of battle. Solenne shouted to me to hold out my sword. I did so and the blue beam she fired at it made the steel glow the same blue color. She renewed her attack on the beast. This time when I struck with sword, a scaly limb now lay on the forest floor.

The beast screamed in agony. A tentacle reached for Graud and tossed him to the ground. A clawed foot ripped into his chest and shoulder. It was now Graud that cried in agony. The glowing sword struck again and again. Each time inflicting damage. What passed for the creature's blood made the forest floor slick. Solenne shouted to throw the sword at the creature's head. My weapon arched over my shoulder, and I let it go with all the might that remained. The glowing blade lodged in its neck. The roar was now replaced with a sickening gurgle.

The beast slumped and soon lay dead. Solenne and I both rushed to our fallen friend.

Graud lay on his back. Red blood leaking from his injured body. We packed it with cloth as best we could to stay the flow of blood. I have seen wounds like this before. It was a matter of time. I tried to make him comfortable and offered him water.

Solenne stood nearby with a troubled and pained look upon her face. Life was slowly flowing from our large friend. Solenne jumped forward and placed both her hands on Graud's chest. She began to glow a golden color. The glow moved down her arms and into Graud. He writhed at her touch.

Soon they both show in golden light. Suddenly the light went out and Solenne fell to the ground. I rushed to her aid to find the old crone had returned.

Heavy eyelids and a rasping voice said.

"He will live or die. I don't know which."

Then Solenne passed out and fell against me.

I carried her in my arms to nearer the fire. There I place her on her bed and wrapped my cloak around her body. I strode over to Graud. He appeared to be sleeping, but the breathing was shallow. His chest no longer leaked blood. I went ahead to cover him as best I was able and built a fire next to him to keep him warm. This being done I returned to Solenne. My cloak was removed, and I held her to me, wrapping us both in my cloak. My body and the fire would keep her warm. The sword remained in my hand the rest of the night as I watched over my traveling companions. Now my battle cohorts and friends.