Dark as Daylight Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, ma'am, I appreciate your help. Richard give me your silver dollar."

"Why can't I flip it? It would seem more even that way."

"Okay, go ahead.

"This will determine 1st place after this go around. Sam, Joan, this is heads, this is tails, Joan: call it while it is in the air."

"Tails!"

"It is tails. Sam you are out of this round. Debbie and Rebecca the same rules apply to you. Debbie, call it while it is in the air. Heads!"

"It is a tail. Debbie you are out of this round. This will be for 1st and 2nd place. Rebecca, call it while it is in the air. Tails!"

"It is a head. Joan will lead us off, Rebecca will go 2nd.

Sam, Deborah, this will be for 3rd and 4th place. Deborah call it while it's in the air. Tails!"

"It is a tail. Deborah you will go 3rd, and Sam you will go last."

Sam muttered, "This was fixed. He wanted all the women to go before me. He didn't want to get in any trouble with Rebecca so he put me last. I'm going to play my best game. I'm going to show them who the best golfer in this group is."

  • 1. Tea Olive (Par 4)

As they walked up to the T, Joan said, "Oh crap, the wind is out of the north."

Rebecca responded, "It's not a real problem for you grandma. Take a 3 iron and hit it down the right side. Keep it low under the trees, and the wind won't touch it."

Sam said, "I'm going to eat you 3 up today. You are going to play not to lose, and I am going to play to win."

"You play to win, Sam. When you reach 100, leave off the 1st number so you don't start crying."

Joan teed up her ball and swung as hard as she could, rifling it down the right side of the fairway, well under the trees, short of the 1st bunker, and 190 yards down the fairway.

Rebecca and Debbie followed suit hitting their balls 210, and 208 in the center of the fairway.

Sam teed up his ball with a 3 wood in his hand. He aimed down the left side of the fairway wanting to the ball to fade into the center of the fairway. He hit the ball hard along the left tree line, as the wind picked up. The ball didn't have a chance against a 30 mile an hour wind. It stayed left and bounced into the rough 237 yards from the pin. He did have a problem. The green was now a dog leg to the left, from his position, 208 yards away, with a bunker in front of it. The wind would help him this time, pushing his ball onto the green.

He would let the girls make up his mind for him. If they went for the green, and made it, he would try a big hook to get onto the green. If they didn't, he would play it safe and go for his par."

Joan had a perfect lie. The ball stood up waiting for someone to hit it. Joan was going to do just that with her driver. She had nothing but fairway ahead of her, and she didn't think she could reach the bunker in front of the green. She had nothing to lose, and everything to gain. She aimed right of the green knowing the wind would push it left and it did.

As soon as the ball cleared the top of the trees it seemed to turn left 30° and head straight for the green. It also picked up distance in the process. Joan started yelling, "Get down, dammit, get down." To everyone's amazement it did, on the very back of the green, 80 feet from the pin."

Debbie yelled, "I'll give you a dollar, if you can do that again."

"Child, that is the best drive I have ever hit. I don't think I will ever hit one like that again."

Debbie said, "Grandma just hit a shot over 240 yards with the driver. I'm going to use a 4 iron and get it up into that wind and see what happens."

Rebecca replied, "I was thinking about a 3 iron, but I'll see what happens with you first."

Deborah address the ball and swung viciously at it. It was up, into the wind, within 25 yards and took on a life of its own. The wind had to be blowing well over 30 mph, judging by the tree tops, and it was pushing the ball directly towards the green. It bounced 20 yards in front of it and continue to roll until it was right on the apron, where it stopped. Deborah and Joan were jubilant. Rebecca addressed her ball and hit it with her 3 iron. She forced it more towards the trees on her right then Debbie did, and it took longer for the wind to catch it. It did and it followed the path to the green like it had eyes. The ball bounced 5 yards short of the green, onto the green, and stopped 15 feet short of the pin. The 3 women were exuberant. Sam just grunted, while he tried to figure a way to use the wind and a 5 iron to get onto the green. He addressed the ball, hit it hard and flush into the teeth of the wind and watched it curve back to the green. It was a beautiful, as the ball curved and passed directly over the pin, over the back of the green, and into the woods behind it. Due to his position, he didn't know where his ball landed, until 1 of the rangers pointed out to him.

The ranger said, "Better men than you have wound up down here sir, so don't feel bad."

"Thank you, I won't, but those 3 will never let me live it down."

"You have 17 more holes to play, give them hell."

"I intend to, thank you very much."

It took Sam 4 shots to complete the 1st hole and ended with a respectable double bogey. Joan finished with a bogey 5 from her 80-foot putt. Debbie finished with a par 4. Rebecca started out with a birdie 3.

Sam complemented her. "I should never have taught you how to play this game."

"Who would you play with grandpa if it wasn't for Deborah and me?"

"Your grandmother, stupid."

"Samuel, if there's one thing you should know, it is your grandchildren are not stupid. Take that back this instant and mean it."

"Sometimes I hate being me, especially when she's around. Rebecca, I am sorry I called you that name. I know one thing for certain, anyone who graduates from the University of Chicago, summa cum laude, is not stupid. I was for calling you that. I apologize."

"It's this game of yours, grandpa. Everyone you play with is better than you are, and it drives you insane. You can't stand the fact that you are a great teacher, and a poor player. Some of the best teachers in this world are not able to play the game they teach. Why do you think we were able to correct many of our teachers in college? We were so far advanced in the sciences they were teaching; they weren't able to keep up with us. They didn't mind that our information was more current than theirs, because we were not as busy as they were. We had more time to investigate what was happening at that moment. They only had time to glaze over it, and that was not enough to stay current."

"Have I told you 3 today that I hate you all?"

Debbie said, "I believe he told us that at breakfast, didn't he?"

Joan replied, "It's the 1st thing I hear in the morning, and the last thing I hear at night. So, I'm sure I heard it today."

  • Pink Dogwood (2 Par 5)

"God, you need binoculars to see the green. I think I'll use my driver for this one," Rebecca said.

Sam replied, "I believe you'll use your driver for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shot on his 500+ yard hole, Becky."

"At least I'll be in the fairway, grandpa."

"Everyone hates a wise ass."

Rebecca led off with a driver 220 yards down the right side, followed by Deborah who was 5 yards further down, and Joan who was in the right-center of the fairway. When Sam teed up his ball, all 3 women applauded. Respectfully, he bowed, addressed his ball and hit it 240 yards down the left side of the fairway. On this hole, the one place you did not want to be was on the left side of the fairway.

I will not linger any further on the day's golf outing, especially for Sam's benefit. He did not hit triple digits, but for the lack of one stroke, his 1st number would have been out of the 9s, and they may have had to rush him to a hospital because of it. He had not had such a lousy day of golf in 18 years, and he swore he never would play this golf course again.

On the 12th, 13th, and 14th holes, better known to professional golfers as 'Amen Corner', Sam broke two clubs out of frustration. Rae's Creek would have run red with blood, if Sam had a machete close at hand. He never shot a 12, and 15 on consecutive holes ever in his golfing lifetime, but he did today. He also had birdies and pars, but those 2 holes ate them up like so much birdseed.

Joan came in with a respectable 82, 10 over par, which she was very happy with. Deborah was angry with herself, because her putting was subpar and came in with a 77. She was fit to be tied to be 5 over par, at 77, watching her sister, whose putter was on fire the entire day. Rebecca came in four under-par with a 68.

The ranger approached the group and said he would sign their cards and make them official. The 3 women agreed instantly, Sam refused saying he had a very bad day.

The ranger said, "Many pros leave here saying the same thing, sir. They get paid for playing this game of ours. You don't."

"You're right, I only play at this game."

"Enjoy the rest of your day."

Richard said, "I most certainly will."

Rebecca kicked him in the ankle for the evil smile on his face.

"I don't know about you, little one, but I'm getting married today. I also have a few surprises in store for you afterwards."

"There are only 2 things I want after I get married. You, and sex. Anything else is extra."

"I thought you wanted children too?"

"In order to get them, I have to have sex first."

"And I thought you were a scientist. You should know better than that at your age, Becky. A petri dish, a sterile tube, and ultrasound machine, a bed with stirrups, you in the appropriate position, and you could have sextuplets within the next 9 months."

"So help you God, Richard, I'm not sure if you are going to live long enough to marry me."

"Just think of how much richer Mrs. Laver is going to be sweetheart!"

"I hope she enjoys the money, as I dance on your grave."

"I'm sorry, but you're not going to be able to dance upon my grave, darling. I'm being cremated."

"Aren't you ever at a loss for words?"

"I haven't been, so far."

"I am absolutely sure, I hate you."

"Mrs. Finch, where is the justice of the peace? That is as close as I'm going to hear her say that she loves me today. We better get this over with now."

"I would imagine inside the clubhouse, Richard. Carry her if you have to, but don't let her get away."

"I believe that is Mr. Finch's job. I could die in the process of carrying her. You could be very wealthy if it happens to him."

She turned to 1 of the guards and said, "Steve, you carry her in. Please don't kill her before she gets married."

He shook his head sorrowfully. "Why the hell is it always me?"

Holden replied, "You're on the top of the fitness charts this month, Steve. You get the very best jobs there are."

"If I knew this was going to be 1 of the jobs, I would've done 50 less push-ups, and come in second."

"You would have given up the $2500 a month bonus?"

"Sometimes Mr. Luck, money isn't everything."

"Steve, if I get married today, you can have that saying printed in platinum and hung over my bedroom door in the spacecraft."

"Richard, if he does that, don't ever open that door, and expect me to be smiling on the other side."

"As I recall, darling, you promised to be a normal human being after we got married. What happened to that promise?"

"I am a woman, and women have the prerogative of changing their minds."

"Holden, you are with me. Steve, Frank, don't let her leave this area. There is a helicopter waiting for me out front of this facility. It was meant to take me and my bride somewhere. However, it does not look like I'm going to be married to your granddaughter today, Mr. and Mrs. Finch. I will not marry a bitch, and someone who could not keep her promises. Holden and I will stay at the building site until take off day. It appears it is going to be delayed approximately 2 months, as everyone attempts to build a transmission unit like Teddy did to transmit messages between planets instantaneously. The 2 of you and Deborah are permitted on site any time you wish. Rebecca will not be allowed on site at any time. If she attempts to access the building site, she will be thrown into jail. We will charge her with trespassing and turn her over to the appropriate authorities for processing.

I will still love her, I can't turn that off in my head, or in my heart, but I know I will never be able to live with her as she is today. My life would be horrific, and my work would be severely impacted. No one, and I mean no one ruins my work, not even my brother, Holden. Let's go Holden, I have a very exclusive house waiting for me on Kawai Island for the next week. It has Butler's and servants and all the special things a bride would've loved, instead it's going to be 2 bachelors on an extended weekend."

Rebecca screamed, "Richard if you take one step, I'm going to throw Frank at you. You haven't even kissed me today, and you expect me to marry you? You are some piece of work mister. I should be the one leaving you."

"Please do, so you can tell all your 'friend' that you are the injured party! I use the singular, in the word friend, because I don't believe you've ever had more than one, and that is your sister. I don't believe anyone could put up with your superior attitude, as long as I did. Now shut your face, Rebecca, I'm leaving. If you can throw Frank this far, without him taking your head off, you go for it, because I am gone."

He turned, grabbing Logan by the collar as he did, and started climbing the stairs to the clubhouse. Before he made it to the door, he heard a loud scream, and it wasn't from Frank.

"Richard please don't leave me like this. I'll put tape over my mouth if I have to, but I will be good. I can't see myself living without you. You are the only thing in this world that keeps me going. Maybe, just maybe, when I see my mother, again, she may be able to help me set myself straight. However, I can't do it alone now. It's one of the reasons I wanted to get married early. I couldn't stand the thought of you getting away from me. I would've gone insane. I just know it. I do love you, Richard, more than anyone can ever imagine. I knew it the day you sat on my chest, and we talked. If we were alone, and it was legal, I would have fucked you right there."

Joan shouted, "Rebecca, watch your mouth."

"I can't, grandma. My life is on the line right now, and I'm saying what's in my heart."

Richard said, "As far as I was concerned, I didn't care if it was legal. I just wanted you. As far as the audience was concerned, let them enjoy the entertainment."

"I was the one facing the stands, not you."

"All they would've seen was my ass, and nothing of you."

"One day, you are not going to have the correct answer."

"Are you going to behave correctly for the rest of your life?"

"Are you ever going to leave me?"

"Only after I die, and only you will hasten it."

"Please don't tempt me, you're not that good, Mr. Luck."

"I am still better than you are, Ms. Finch. Now answer my question, or Holden and I are out of here."

"Grandma, come here please."

"What do you need, child?"

"I'm going to swear to something, and I want you to hold me while I do it. I will never break this promise as long as I live."

Joan said, "Are you very sure you can live with what you are about to say?"

"Yes, I am."

"Then go ahead and speak your mind, and your heart."

Joan hugged Rebecca as she began to speak.

"Richard as long as you are alive, I will have no other man in my life. I will live with you, and I will love you all the days we are married. I cannot say I will obey you all the time. If I did, I would be lying, because I have the mind of my own, and when it starts down a path it will not deviate until it reaches its goal. I would hope you would help me get there, so we could work on it together. We are scientists, and we are very smart. I don't know what our life in the universe is going to be like, but I'm sure it's going to be exciting. Let's conquer it together, and have a great time doing it. Even your brother, Holden can help. He's not as smart as you are, and he's ugly as hell, but if I have a problem that we can't figure out, he can help."

"Why did you have to antagonize my brother?"

"Turn to your left, and look at the big smile on Holden's face. I should turn Debbie loose on him and have her pull his arms out of their sockets. He's laughing inside, because I am apologizing, and I never apologize. Well, maybe just once."

After turning, he said, "Holden, think of the pain you could be in. Wipe that smile off your face, now!"

"It's not a smile, dear brother. It's gas."

"How far do you think that lie is going to get you, with Debbie all over your ass?"

"When she smells it, she will know I wasn't lying."

Debbie made a move towards him and Joan shouted, "Deborah stay still. I will deal with you later."

"Becky asked!"

"I will talk to her about that later, hopefully, much later."

"Are we going to get married Richard?"

"Are you going to act like a normal person for the rest of your life?"

"I just promised that I would."

"It's funny, in everything you said I never heard those words. They were wonderful words, and I loved every one of them, but you never stated that you would act like a normal person for the rest of your life."

"Grandma, grandpa, Richard, I will try my utmost to act like a normal person for the rest of my natural life."

Without giving her a chance to breathe, Richard grabbed Rebecca, threw her over his shoulder, took Joan by the other hand and pulled her up the stairs.

"Holden move your ass. I'm getting married right now."

Joan shouted, "Sam hurry!"

"I am in front of you dear. I'm the one holding the door open. I had to pay the justice of the peace extra to keep her here longer than she was supposed to stay. This wedding is costing me a fortune."

Deborah shouted, "Yes grandma, it costs grandpa an extra $50 to have the woman stay."

"Sam, you are the cheapest person I ever met."

"I got us rich, didn't I?"

"Do you want to get into that now, Samuel?"

"No, we can do that at lunch."

Debbie asked, "Grandma, does grandpa ever think of anything besides Golf, Eating, and Money?"

"Honey, his brain is so small, he can't fit anything else in. I'm surprised he remembers my name every day."

He shouted, "That's a lie, and you know it."

"Hello everyone, who are the lucky couple? I could guess that it is the young man with the young woman over his shoulder, but she's not screaming, which they normally are when they come in here."

Richard replied, "Ma'am, we've come to an arrangement. She gives up all rights to complain, and I get all the sex I want for the rest of my life."

"Richard you lying bastard, put me down."

"Remember all your promises, little one. I would hate to have you break 1 of them, so quickly, especially with your grandmother standing alongside you."

"Richard, I hate you."

"That's proof positive that this is the loving couple. Would you both stand in front of me, with the best man at the groom's right, and the maid of honor on the brides left."

"So help me God, Richard, if you fuck this up, there will not be enough left of you to cremate."

When he didn't respond she gave him a worried look. He always had something to say, and when he didn't have the words to respond to her she was frightened.

1...45678...10