Dark Division - Dani Ch. 15

Story Info
Dani heals with the help of Vince.
5.8k words
4.59
3k
2

Part 15 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bdbeauty
bdbeauty
166 Followers

Nick and Vince picked up the GPS location of the van and found themselves parked across the street as they took stock of the vehicles parked in the driveway. Sure enough, they were the same ones from the barn and Dillon's bar where they had just left. It was clear they were in the right place, even though it looked deserted and was in bad need of repair.

"Let's go." Vince cocked his gun and went to step out.

"Hang on. Oz said that these mummies are probably the most vulnerable once the ritual has started."

"What ritual?" Vince suddenly realized that he didn't have the whole picture.

"Listen, they didn't take Lily just because she was Dani's child. They need a child to put the mummy's spirit into so he can live. Once he is mid-transition though, he's likely to be at least part human. So, we have to give them a few minutes before we go in guns blazing." Nick looked at him.

"How in the hell do you know so much?"

"Oz and I did a little research while Oz drove us to the bar."

"In 15 minutes? Jesus. Anyways, there's no way I'm waiting. I'm not taking the chance that she gets hurt."

"You have to Vince. It's the best chance we have at saving her."

"Or I could rip that monster's throat out."

"I know you're upset, but we have to still do this smart."

"Fuck smart. They hurt Dani and they have my little girl. I'm done being smart." Vince looked down at his still blood stained hands from holding Dani. That bastard and his little minions in there were responsible for hurting the love of his life and were trying to hurt his daughter. No one was getting out of that house alive.

"Vince, come on trust me. Please." Nick had never seen Vince like this, but then again he was tired of thinking that every time he saw the man interact with Dani. His mind let the image of Dani float back in and he froze. Vince would be devastated if he lost her. Nick prayed to anyone who was listening to save Dani in that moment, because the death of that woman would kill his partner too, and break his own heart.

"How long do we wait?"

"Let's walk up so we can hear, but promise me you won't go in until we see that it's started. And Vince..." He reached a hand out to put it on the other man's shoulder.

"Yea?"

"She's gonna make it you know, because it's Dani. She's the toughest woman I've ever met."

Vince nodded in response and they both got out of the car heading over to the house to listen for their chance. A quick look inside and they saw the living room was empty, so they eased the door open and entered slowly. From there, they heard chanting coming from the basement door that sat between the dining room and kitchen across from them. Nick pointed upstairs and Vince followed him so they could assure the house was empty.

Sure enough, a quick sweep of the upper floor and they were heading downstairs again. It was small place, just a three bedroom. And the downstairs was open enough that they knew everyone inside was in the basement. The house was bereft of furniture, and both men realized that it had been chosen and prepared for just this occasion. So, there was a great possibility that the basement had traps or something set up already.

Vince motioned to the basement door and Nick opened it a tiny crack. He listened through the small space, waiting for any indication that this ritual was underway. A loud chorus of chants was coming through as he let his eyes adjust to the dimly lit space before him. He could only just glimpse through a small space in the railing on the stairs to see candles lit in a circle on a large table of some kind.

Nick couldn't tell if anyone was on the table, only that it was surrounded by cloaked figures. The smell of incense wafted through the air stinging his nostrils. He listened closely, but was only able to make out a few words of the chanting. Nick cursed himself for his lack of proficiency in Latin. He knew a lot of Latin words, but had always sworn he would learn the entire language.

Vince tapped him from the side and Nick held up a finger as he listened intently. The chant started to repeat itself related to something about the body and the spirit. He tried to figure out the last word, when suddenly the chanting stopped. In the next moment, the figures knelt to the ground in unison and he saw lain out on the table a tiny red-haired girl with her eyes closed. Next to her lay the nude shriveled corpse of a man. Clearly, he was rotting away as bits of flesh hung from him.

Slowly, a red mist rose from the mummified flesh of the man. He looked at Vince and nodded before throwing his entire weight into the door and felt it collide with a figure that was just a few steps down. He made quick work of the stairs and in a few seconds he was on the basement floor while Vince put a bullet into the back of the man's head that had guarded the stairs.

"NO! Don't interrupt the transference." A woman shrieked and pulled her hood back standing up in front of the table.

"Move or you die first." Nick pointed the gun in her face and a gunshot rang out from his side. He squatted down near the figures and fired at the sound. He saw his bullet connect with the gunman's head and stood back up.

"Anybody else want to be a hero?" Vince chimed in behind him as he levelled his gun at the crowd.

"The master can bring us back, swarm them everyone." The woman found a bit of courage and moved forward. Nick ended her movement with one shot to her forehead and Vince took out the only other person that had jumped up with her.

There were still several figures crouched around the table as Vince stepped closer moving to pick up the tiny girl, whose eyes were closed as she lay there. Vince thought she looked like an angel. His arms wrapped around her protectively and he pulled her up and off the table cradling her against his chest.

When she was removed, the red mist suddenly sucked back into the mummy's flesh and his eyes opened. They were a dark shade of red and full of hate as he screamed out. Something in the cry made the rest of the figures rise up in an attempt to protect him. Nick was quick on the trigger as Vince backed up pulling his gun out and joining in the fire.

After a few more minutes, the room was silent. It was full of the smell of gunfire and that incense, both strong enough to make Vince's eyes burn. He shoved his gun back in his pants and pressed a hand to the back of the little girl's head hoping to shield her from the smell.

"Go upstairs. I'll check for anyone else. And, I'll text Oz to let him know we need a team here." Nick called out and Vince made for the stairs heading out to the fresh air outside before he pulled the small figure from his chest.

She coughed a little and opened her eyes a fraction as Vince fell to his knees on the porch. The eyes that looked back at him were familiar; catching his heart instantly just like her mother's had years ago.

"Oz is sending a cleanup. Is she okay?" Nick joined him on the porch a minute later, hovering over his partner who held the little red-haired girl in his arms.

"I think so, just a little sleepy. They probably gave her something." The little girl rubbed her eyes and yawned before opening them completely.

"Hey sweetheart; are you doing okay?" Vince smiled at her and waited.

"Hi." She smiled and nodded after the single word, and he felt his heart melt.

"Hi. Man, you had us worried there." Vince had a huge grin as he spoke. Nick came up next to him and knelt down.

"Hi Lily, are you sure you're okay?" Nick's voice softened instantly at the sight of the little girl.

"Uh-huh. Who are you? Where's mommy?"

"I'm...uh...um..." Vince stammered, a little unsure of what to say to the gorgeous little angel he held in his arms.

"We're good friends of your mommy's. We're going to take you to her." Nick jumped in sensing his partner's complete shock at being asked that question by his own flesh and blood.

In another instant, they were taking Lily to the car to go to the hospital. Oz had texted the address, but nothing else and they didn't dare ask if the worst had happened. Instead they were speeding as the little girl sat in the back with Nick. The small streets flew by as both Nick and Vince contemplated how much the world was changed now and that only seeing Dani would make that change okay.

********************************

"Oz...Oz...where?" Vince ran through the emergency room doors just barely making sure the car was parked before he sprang out.

"She's in surgery now. They think she's going to be fine, Vince." The older man met him just inside the entrance, his arm already in a sling.

Vince's eyes filled with tears and he collapsed into a chair nearby. Nick came in holding Lily on his hip moments after.

"Is she?"

"I just told Vince. She's in surgery and probably going to be fine."

"Oh, thank God." A sigh came out of Nick's lips as he pulled Oz in for a half hug. "And, Oz, this is little miss Lily."

"Hi." She waved at him and Oz smiled. The little girl smiled back with a slightly lop-sided smirk that was decidedly Vince's.

Oz sat down next to Vince and Nick did too, putting the tiny girl on the ground. Lily found her way to standing in front of Vince then and looked up at the relieved man. Vince pulled his hand from his face to take in the little girl's expression as they all sat in silence.

"You're Vince?" The question came out as Lily's tiny hand planted on Vince's knee.

"Yea...yes."

"My Daddy's Vince. Are you my Daddy?" It was the simple question and understanding of a child, but for him it held so much more and he was speechless. But, those damn eyes stared at him, the same ones he could never refuse and he cracked.

"Yea...I am Lily. I'm your Daddy. It's really good to meet you." He smiled at her through a fresh set of tears.

It was three more hours before they heard that Dani was out of surgery and the guys were able to greet her in her room once more.

"Hey kiddo, glad you're doing okay." Oz saw her eyes open first and Nick and Vince bolted up from their chairs. Vince held Lily firmly in his arms.

"Hey...Lily? Is Lily okay?" Her eyes opened wider as she tried to focus.

"Hi mommy, look ... Daddy." The little girl exclaimed.

"Lily, hi. Mommy was so worried. Are you okay?"

"She's fine, and everything is taken care of." Nick smiled down at her feeling relief wash over him. All seemed right with the world now that Dani was going to be okay.

Vince walked up leaning down so the little girl could kiss her mom. His eyes met hers and she smiled at him.

"Mommy, I have to pee." The little girl said the words without even thinking.

"Um. I tell you what, why don't Nick and I take you to the bathroom while Mommy rests a little bit." Oz took her from Vince's arms and Nick willingly joined him as they left Vince and Dani alone to chat.

"So, she knows huh?" Dani chimed in first.

"Yea. I guess you told her my name and when she asked...well I couldn't lie to her." He looked down a little, feeling like he had fucked this one up for sure.

"It's okay. She should know."

"Listen, you are probably going to be laid up for a few weeks getting better and all. I was thinking maybe I could stay for a bit and help you out." Vince smiled.

"You don't have to. I can make it work on my own."

"I never said you couldn't. Besides, it would be nice to get to know Lily a little bit."

"You know I'd love that Vince; although, you might end up being more of a nurse than anything else for me." She smiled and Vince saw her eyes start to slip shut once again.

"I told you before I'll be whatever you need me to be... as long as I don't have to wear that little white outfit or anything." He winked at her.

"Nope...I just...I..."

"Dani, just rest now. We'll figure it all out." He leaned down kissing her forehead as her eyes closed the final bit. They really would figure it all out. He knew it, and somehow he knew this would be okay. It had to be after all, now that they were all together.

*************************

Oz left as soon as he knew Dani was fine. She was at the hospital for a few more days, but once she was released; Oz knew it was time he got back to running the area. He left Nick and Vince to make sure that things were as they should be.

Once Dani was home, Nick and Vince split the time between helping her out and watching Lily. It was great for all three, like they had never parted. Nick felt like this was his family as much as Vince did and it was great to see Vince happy for a change. The little red-haired girl brought something out in him, something Nick had never seen before in the gruff man's eyes. It was perfect.

That's why when something had to be done nearby, Nick had Oz send over a car to pick him up and take him there with some newbie agent. He figured giving Vince every moment of time possible with Dani and Lily was the least he could do. Vince deserved that bit of happiness, and after everything she had been through Dani deserved it too.

Vince, while thrilled to be able to spend time with Dani and his daughter, was more anxious than he ever thought possible. Nick had a tempering effect on him while he was there, but once he was gone that dissolved. Between himself and Dani, there was no way they were letting Lily out of their sights. He was nothing compared to Dani, though, who took a substantial amount of convincing to even allow Lily to return to daycare. She was trying to figure out how she could stall the process and keep the little red-haired angel by her side. Of course, Vince knew that if Lily was kept in the house like a prisoner, then it would only be worse. He didn't want the little girl to be terrified of the outside world.

So, even as he watched Dani continue to struggle with getting better, he pushed to make it so some part of Lily's world returned to normal. That meant, after a few weeks, Dani finally agreed and Lily was on her way to daycare. Of course, Dani insisted that Vince accompany her every day while she was there. Truthfully, he didn't fight her very hard because he didn't want the little girl to be that far from him either. So, each day Vince dropped her off, then waited patiently on the side of the building while the children were inside, but the moment they had recess he was outside to watch them. Lily would often smile and wave at him and he understood each time that tiny face lit up why he was there. It was the right place for him to be, although after a week of watching her silently from the edge of the playground the inevitable happened and he was forced to trust her outside of his grasp.

A conversation with the acting head of the school was all it took the second Monday he appeared to drop Lily off before his plans of being the ever watchful eye were derailed. He only hoped as he walked into Dani's house that she wouldn't freak out and set back her healing.

"Hey, I thought you were watching Lily." Dani sat up in the bathtub as he entered the large master bathroom.

"You know I was, but the acting head of the school sort of asked me to leave. Apparently, it's not really okay in this day and age for a grown man to be peering at kids all day. Go figure, but in any event there has to be a time where she'll be out of both our sights."

"I know Vince; it's just that it's only been 5 weeks and I have another two before I go back. I guess I just don't like the thought of having her alone without one of us after everything she went through."

"Well, then let me take your mind off of it." He grinned and stripped off his over shirt walking over to kneel next to the tub.

"And how are you going to do that?"

"Well, you have the stitches out now, so I suppose I figured maybe you were cleared for almost everything else."

"Like?"

"Like putting on a show for me."

"Vince, this is not the time. I mean Lily is over there with no one nearby in case something happens and you think that I can just not think about that?"

"Look, I'm just as freaked out as you, but at least we can be freaked out together right?"

"Fine, but I don't know what kind of show you expect with everything going on right now." Vince sighed and skimmed his hand across the top of the water.

"Honestly, I don't expect you to do anything except lay there and try not to stress for a few minutes. I'll do all the work." He smiled at her and she eyed him questioningly. They had barely exchanged a few kisses since her shooting. It wasn't because they didn't want to, but they each had their own reasons. Dani insisted that if Lily saw anything it would only freak her out. Vince, on the other hand, was terrified of hurting Dani. He had seen her get tossed around before, but that day at the bar he thought he was going to really lose her and it still tore at his heart when he thought about it. Now, though, he needed to take this beautiful woman's mind off her greatest fears and more importantly needed to see her happy if only for the briefest of moments.

Vince's fingers slid beneath the water's surface as he looked into Dani's eyes. They caressed down her chest, allowing the back of his hand to just graze over her hardened left nipple. She stared at him evenly, resisting his efforts with her mind, although not her body. In another moment he trailed down just a little further before running over a rough line.

"Ah, careful. It's still a little tender." She shuddered a little and he grazed his hand down to her hip before leaning in to kiss her mouth softly.

"Sorry. I forgot where it was exactly."

"It's pretty close to the old one, almost makes a heart if you look closely and squint." She smiled at him as her eyes softened slightly.

"It definitely does not, but it does look kind of cool to have two bullet wounds in your stomach." He grinned at her as his hand slid back over her lower abdomen before caressing through soft curls towards his target. His fingers slid easily down between her legs and she inhaled softly as he brushed over her clit.

"My dad would be pissed you know. If he knew I got shot again. I would get that old talking to about not being careful and always knowing my surroundings." Vince's fingers caressed down the inside of her thighs as she spoke and he saw a flush creep into her cheeks that made his heart skip again.

"He'd forgive you, but let's not talk about that now. How about you tell me how this feels." His fingers danced once more over her sex, but this time with more intention, providing a delicious friction that made Dani sigh as she stared at him.

"Like I haven't been touched in forever." She reached out threading her fingers up onto his scalp and Vince leaned in welcoming her kiss as his fingers continued to dance on her clit. He felt Dani's legs open for him and he took the invitation to slide a finger inside of her causing her to break the kiss as her head laid back onto the lip of the tub.

"I always forget just how beautiful you are like this and then you do that and it's all I can think about." He whispered the soft declaration to her as he watched her expression grow in intensity as his hand grew faster and faster on her.

"Fuck...it feels so good already. I've missed your touch for so long." She groaned and he watched as her other hand came to her mouth. He felt her hips shift with him as a second of his fingers entered her body. It was driving him crazy just to feel her with his hand, but all he could think about was giving her pleasure. He needed to see her release with every fiber of his being.

"I'm not hurting you at all am I? I don't need to explain this to a doctor." He laughed a little before venturing forward and licking a stripe up her neck where it was exposed.

"It only feels good, just don't stop please." She was soft as she looked at him and her eyebrows drew together.

"For you, I could do this forever." He increased his efforts and both her hands sprang to his neck holding him in place as she stared into his soul with those impossible eyes.

bdbeauty
bdbeauty
166 Followers
12