Dark Division - Dani Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was only another minute before Dani's eyes pulsed as he watched and she whimpered out his name. Her body seized on him and she shifted softly riding the waves of her pleasure on his hand. With a sigh of release a moment later, Dani's hands relaxed on his neck and she lay back into the tub with a blissful grin.

"Wow. I needed that so badly. Oh Vince...oh thank you." He kissed her lips and pulled his hand from her sliding it to her hip so he could hold her softly.

"Never thank me for that. It was as much for you as for me. I love to see you happy Dani. You know that right, that I would do anything to make you happy?"

"Vince, when are you going to ever understand that I'm not worth all that?"

"Never."

"Well, can I at least show you what you're worth?" Dani's grin became full of mischief as she pulled his head towards her and grabbed his lips into a passionate kiss. "Why don't you get in and enjoy this tub with me big man?" Her voice had lowered when she pulled back to catch her lip in her teeth.

"You have no idea how much I want to, but I also want you to get better. So, why don't you just get out and we can enjoy the quiet for a few hours until I go back to pick up Lily." He turned and grabbed the towel from the nearby rack and held it out to her. Dani stood up and nearly fell out of the tub.

"Shit. I guess my legs are a little more wobbly than I thought."

"See? Now, dry off and get dressed before I ravage you without caring about your condition." Vince laughed.

"Man you know how to talk to a lady." She smiled and stepped out with his help drying herself off.

That day proved to be the first of many happy ones. Vince and Dani learned over the next two weeks that enjoying each other's bodies, even in a limited capacity, was a great way to pass the time while Lily was at daycare. It allowed them both to take their mind away from a crippling fear that something might happen to the little girl in their absence.

By the time Dani was up to nearly a hundred percent, they had a regular routine and found themselves happy as if they had always been a family somehow. In the back of Vince's mind, he knew the day was fast approaching when he would have to leave, though. After all, with Dani back to normal there were no more excuses to give Oz for why he wasn't back at the bunker.

"Whew, Lily is finally asleep. What are you thinking about looking so serious out here?" Dani came into the living room to find Vince staring at the TV aimlessly.

"Oz called me and I think I might need to go back into the field with Nick. I can't lie to the guy and tell him you need help that much anymore, you know?" He sighed heavily and Dani took a seat next to him on the couch.

"I guess it was inevitable that he would need you back. You're a great agent, and Nick shouldn't be working too many jobs alone anyways."

"I know, but I guess I was just hoping the day would never come. I love being here with you guys, and I don't want to start just coming by for visits."

"When does he want you to go back?" She grazed a hand over his face and he looked into her eyes. This was his dream; having her and Lily in his life every day was so perfect he couldn't imagine not having that anymore.

"Honestly, he called a few days ago. He really wants me to be on a job with Nick tomorrow night. I just didn't want to leave."

"Vince, how far away is the job?" Dani gave him a questioning look. It wasn't like Vince to not be there to have Nick's back and she looked completely blown away by his response.

"Probably a solid nine or ten hours."

"Then, you better leave after you drop Lily off tomorrow. I can pick her up. I'm cleared to drive Vince, so I can handle this. Hell, my work wants me to come back next week." They both just stared into each other's eyes feeling the heaviness of the moment and not sure what to do about it.

"I guess you're still in our area, so I can try to come by when we're passing through. And, I'll call you too and Lily. Hell maybe you can even come see us on weekends if we're not too far away." Vince looked at her with hope in his eyes.

"Why don't we go to bed for the night and work all that out later?" She raised an eyebrow at him suggesting more than just sleep. He had moved into her room when he brought her home and she was on the couch and then joined him in her bed. Vince had never really moved out of her room after that. And with the rekindling of their physical and romantic relationship, that was just how it was now.

"That sounds perfect, but tell me if you're cleared to drive, then are you cleared for everything else now?"

"As of yesterday, the doctor said I have no restrictions, just need to ease into everything. So, Vince is there anything you want to ease into this evening?" Her lip caught in her teeth as she smiled at him and Vince leaned forward kissing her before he seized her body to him, wrapping her legs around his waist and carrying her into the bedroom.

That night, they made love for the first time since she was shot and it was beautiful. Neither even considered what the next day might bring. Instead, it was just about being close and sharing the space. Vince felt his heart about to explode with each sigh that came from Dani's lips. He wanted nothing more than to be in that moment with her forever. Truthfully, it was the first time they had been together with no boundaries and no baggage. This was just the two of them sharing one mind and body for a as long as they could.

Afterwards, Vince held Dani in his arms. She lay there so peacefully on her side with her back molded into the crescent of his body. The smell of her hair wrapped through his nose and to his brain as each of her breaths caused her side to raise his arm that lay across it. He fought hard to keep his eyes open and enjoy this feeling for as long as possible. Before he knew it, though, time caught up to him and Vince fell asleep.

The next morning, it was like any other. Dani busied herself with getting Lily ready to go to school and Vince got himself ready. They shared a brief breakfast and with a soft kiss, Vince was heading towards the school with his little angel in the backseat of Dani's car.

He wasn't sure what to say to the little girl other than his usual goodbye with a kiss when he took her inside the school. When she waved at him, he tried to memorize that perfect little face, but he knew it would change as she grew and he knew he wouldn't be able to see that change every day. It made him sad, but he showed none of it as she smiled and waved at him.

The ride back to the house was silent; he couldn't even bring himself to turn on music in the car. He was too lost in how leaving her was going to be really different this time. Dani was finally completely with him, and they had a family together. It was no longer about leaving and missing out on time with her or being with her physically. Now, it was missing an entire life that he wanted more than anything. By the time he pulled into the driveway of her house, Vince was on the verge of calling Oz to tell him he was done with the job. But, he just couldn't do that either, not yet.

Vince's limbs were leaden as he got out of the car and approached the front door, not sure what to say to Dani. He somehow knew that he only wanted one thing, but at the same time wasn't sure what she wanted. He opened the door and found her there with a bag of his in tow. She plopped it on the ground next to another just inside the door as he entered.

"I think that's everything. Do you want me to help you load it into the GTO?" She seemed cold somehow, and Vince felt a dread in his stomach that only Dani could cause.

"No, but I was thinking maybe I would leave a few clothes here. That way when I stop by I'll have something." He closed the door behind him looking at the gorgeous woman in front of him. She had her head down and when she raised it her eyes were full of tears.

"No Vince. You need to leave and take all your stuff." She wiped her eye with her hand as she looked steadily at him.

"Okay, I guess it's not a big deal to bring things along. You have a washer." He smiled at her, thinking this was just saying goodbye for a little bit.

"Vince, what I mean is you need to leave for good. You shouldn't come back, you shouldn't visit, and honestly you shouldn't call. I'll explain it to Lily somehow, but for now...I think you need to be a ghost." A tear rolled down her cheek as she spoke to him.

"So, you expect me to leave and never come back? Just abandon my own daughter?"

"Vince, I can't have her in danger again, never. Don't you understand? I gave it all up to make sure she was safe and she still wasn't. If an Agent of the Dark Division is part of her life then she will never be safe, never. I can never lose her Vince and if that means cutting you off, then I will. Look, I'm going to try to stay here. We have a good life here, but if I have to move so you can't find me, then I will do that too."

"Dani, this isn't..."

"I know it's not fair, believe me I know. But, Vince you have to do this for me, for us. You have to walk away. Go back to being a damn good Agent and I'll go back to working at the preschool and being a good mom. Then, maybe one day when this work is behind you, you can call me. We'll see where we are when that day comes."

"Is that really what you want? You want me to leave you and leave Lily? Are you just going to find some idiot local to marry and pretend to be happy?"

"No. Vince, no. That's not what I want. I want you. I want to marry you like an idiot and a sell out and live happily ever after. For God's sake, I gave up being a lesbian for you. I love you Vince, but I love Lily too. And, I will sacrifice everything to keep that little girl safe even what I want more than anything. Please, just think of her and walk away."

"Okay. I will, but you have to know that I will always love you. There won't be someone else for me. It's not possible, and I don't care how long it takes. I will call you one day." Tears were in his eyes too as he approached and leaned giving her one last kiss.

"I hope you do." Tears flowed down her face as she watched Vince pick up his bags. Vince took one more look around and then smiled at Dani before he made his way to the front door and out of their lives.

As he drove away, he felt his heart break in two. Half of it would always stay with that woman and little girl.

**********************

12