Dark Roots Ch. 15

Story Info
Indigo and Albert and Charles venture into a different world.
4.5k words
4.56
1.3k
3
0

Part 15 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/14/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Blue Sea

Washington State

Red Woods

It was seven-thirty in the morning and the sun outside rose, with sunbeams breaking past the horizon, illuminating the skies with a warm orange hue and magnificent sun bolts; casting shadows from everything its inviting light touched.

Ground animals in the woods hurried out of their burrows to come out and search for food. Chirping birds in their canopies flapped their tiny wings, welcoming another new day. Passing mother bears with their cubs avoided humans while making their way to the river to catch food. The fish in the rivers swam with the motions of the direction its river flowed. They leapt out of their watery abode to drink in the light of the sun if only for a moment before diving back down into the river to continue their journey.

Eric talked about different powers and transformations to Albert on a bench so he could understand his virgining strengths from his half-divine heritage.

"The first and most common transformation for beings like us, Albert, often is what I call The Berserker. In your case, should you let your emotions drive your state of mind, your power will explode out of you and cloak your entire body in roiling hot white flames. Your strength, speed, and other supernatural abilities are working overdrive in this state. Although your power is working overdrive in this state, you can't benefit from this explosive power because you'll have the mental state of a mindless animal hellbent on only fighting. The major downside to this state is that unless you can snap yourself out of this state of mind or don't have someone who can pull you out of it, you'll burn yourself out and die.

To be transparent with you Albert, your entire body covered in roiling white flames looks visually impressive, but this is the rawest and most basic appearance of your divine power's arsenal. The objective of taking control and taming your power is to change that raw wild spirit so that later it looks and acts more refined and polished.

Let me use this analogy so you can better visualize it in your mind. When a metalsmith is finished crafting and shaping his sword, he dips into oil so it can harden. When he pulls it out, it looks filthy and burned. This is The Berserker. After its polished, it will shine.

I remember when I first let my emotions take hold of me, my entire body became covered in blinding electricity accompanied by a chorus rumbling of thunder my body generated as if it were a thundercloud. I became a blinding beacon in the night. The power I was outputting was enough to power an entire city for days. I give thanks to the great spirit I had elders who have experience with beings like me and managed to snap me out of my Berserker state before I drew the attention of the Heavenly forces."

Albert scribbled all this information on a notepad he retrieved inside the motorhome. He muttered 'Berserker mode' and waited for Eric to continue. He was drinking up all of this information like a kid eyeing rows and rows of candy in a candy shop.

Eric continued, "After you take control and tame your new power, you will be able to shift between in and out of your base form and what I like to call the Virgin state or Primary mode. Honestly, Albert, these modes are for you to name as you see fit. You don't have to call them what I do. As I was saying, when you enter your primary mode, your fire will become more relaxed, and instead of flames appearing on your body, you'll have a soft white glow cloaking your entire body. The same thing happened to me before I shifted into my thunderbird form. Do you remember how my body glowed a blue color?"

"I do remember. Was that your primary mode Eric?" Albert was intrigued beyond all words. He had a look of amazement on his face, like a young boy watching superheroes and villains duking it out in epic battle on screen for the first time.

"Yes, it was. This next part is where you and I differ. After my primary mode, I shift to Controlled Primal Mode of my power, turning into a giant Thunderbird you saw before I changed. I'm not sure if you have one, but I suppose time will tell. It's called controlled primal mode because it allows me to tap into all of the raw and explosive power of the berserker but without losing control."

Albert wrote all of this down, making bullet points and making quotation marks on specific details that came from Eric's mouth.

"The third and final transformation, I coin Master Thunderbird Mode. Here, my controlled primal mode changes, turning into blue electrical armor that adorns my entire body ready for a long protracted battle. The transformation you saw isn't for aesthetics; instead, it reflects the marriage of my soul, power, and heritage which birthed my final transformation."

"You come straight out of a webtoon, Eric, you know that?" Albert chuckled, looking at his friend like he was in the presence of a celebrity.

"It's really nothing, Albert. I am curious about something, though. Thunderbirds are supernatural and legendary creatures with a finite amount of power. Our power and speed are legendary compared to other races, but you, my friend, you're going to make the man of tomorrow look like a lone seed in a barrel."

"Whatever," Albert said, dismissing Eric's assumption. "If I can't get my powers under control and undergo my own mastered mode, I'm not going to be making anyone look like anything anytime soon. Since I have you here, Eric, let me introduce you to my son. Charles, you can come out."

Eric watched a four-foot-long snake slither up behind Albert's shirt and coil around his neck. Eric saw that this male Lamia bore a resemblance to Albert, especially his hair.

"This is your son?" Eric said quizzically, "Let me guess. you mated with a Lamia, didn't you Albert?" Eric looked amazed but concerned at the same time.

"Whoa, I didn't even have to tell you anything; how did you know that Eric?" Albert looked at his son who stared blankly at him.

"It's all over him. By that I mean trace of your aura are mixed in with his. A quarter human, quarter Angel, and half Lamia. Who is your mother, Charles?" Eric spoke with directed authority towards the half-snake boy.

"Pleasure to meet one of my father's acquaintances. My name is Charles, previously known as Dork." Charles spoke with refined pose befitting an English nobleman.

Erick gave Albert a 'are you serious?' look when he heard Charles speak. "What, Eric? He liked the sound of it. I only changed his name because he sounds like a Charles, don't you think so? Or maybe Edward better suits him."

"I suppose your right?" Eric answered unsurely.

Charles uncoiled from around Albert's neck and slithered on top of the bench. "You are inquiring about the identity of my mother. What would you like to know about her?"

"Anything you are willing to divulge," Eric replied.

"My mother's name is impossible to pronounce in the human tongue, but for those of us not of complete human origins, her name is...."

Eric smiled and chuckled softly, hearing her name as clear as crystal. "She's the warden of North America for supernatural races. A crucial figure for beings like us," he said, looking at both Albert and Charles. "Newly born beings belonging to one of the many mythical or legendary races must pay allegiance to her to live in peace from aggression from both Heaven and Hell. How on earth did you manage to obtain a 'Booster' from her?"

"I'm sorry, a what? Did you say Booster? What exactly is that Eric?" Albert wondered, petting Charles's long serpentine underbelly.

"I meant your son is a Booster, Albert. Like the one you bedded, Lamias are hyper magical creatures in the supernatural world. The magical power they have at their disposal is enough to rival low-level divine beings in the celestial hierarchy. A Booster does what its name suggests, boosts your power, BUT their secondary function is to serve as a stabilizer. Charles, tell me how you helped your father with his powers?"

"Gladly," Charles spoke. "Like I told my father before I was born, he would ask me to help him out here and there; I would snatch a large piece of ember from the source and let it burn within him. However, my paternal grandmother's fallen nature is guarding the main source. She never noticed me snatching some of it because I hid my presence. But I can't fully boost my father's power past its threshold until he confronts her. I have done well stabilizing his power so far."

"Hmm, interesting. Would you say my guess on Albert's transformations are correct or completely off the mark?" Erick asked curiously.

"You're not entirely wrong, but you're not quite correct either. My father is different from the average and legendary supernatural being. His burning bright white eyes and hair burning partially or entirely, displays what you can call his primary mode. His secondary mode will cloak his entire body save for his hands and face in roiling hot white flames only after defeating his mother's dark nature in battle. His third to final mode will borrow from his mother's former heavenly attire and mix with his own sense of style. Father will become an unstoppable force on the face of the earth."

Eric and Albert both raised their hands, but Charles shot them both down. "If you're wondering how I know all of this, it's because I have already seen it. Let's call it a premonition."

Albert pet Charles's head, getting an appreciative nod from his son. He acted more like a content cat than a son. "Well, then Albert, I have one gift for you. Before your mother and girlfriend wake up, I want to give you this."

Eric held out his hand, cloaked in snapping electricity. A hat that looked more like a flat crown made of eagle feathers materialized in his hand. Albert received it from him and wanted to place it on his head before Eric stopped him.

"I wouldn't put that on just yet, Albert!" Eric warned, a dark look falling over his face.

"How come, Eric?"

"Only after you have gotten comfortable with the limited amount of power you have access to would I recommend putting it on. When you placed that hat on, you'll be forced on a trip into the recess of your soul, where you will encounter your mother's darker nature, the guardian of your true powers. This hat is a gift from my tribe elders. It's a tribal heirloom passed down from the founding of our tribe to this current generation. I hope you are ready when you decide to use it, Albert. Don't' worry; I will be with you when you're ready to confront her."

"Albert!" Indigo's voice rang, piercing the silent veil around the three boys. She found her man sitting on the bench by the motorhome, with Charles and Eric with him.

"Good morning, Indigo; I trust your night with Albert and Lisa went well," Erick asked her, shooting her a sly smirk.

"It did," she said, slightly blushing, "I'm sorry but was I disturbing the three of you?" Indigo asked, worry stamped on her face.

"Not at all; I've finished business with your man for today. I'll let the four of you start your day." Eric and Albert rose out of their seat and hugged it out bro style.

Indigo approached Albert and hugged him from behind. He smirked and groped her ass in return. "Your mother said she wants to go to 'that place.' She said whenever you're ready; we'll take off."

"I'm ready now; how about you, babe?" Albert asked her, uncertainty clinging to his voice.

"Babe, I told you already that I'm ready, I thought I made it clear last night" Indigo assured him, lightly tapping him on his chest.

"You do know that when things get heated, we're going to start saying shit we don't mean." Albert's warning would soon manifest as Indigo would see.

The Big Dong Boulder

"Oh God, how much longer till we reach this 'magnificent rock' you told us you'd show us, Lisa. My feet are starting to hurt. It feels like we've been walking forever." Indigo whined and complained. She stopped several times to lift her foot behind her butt and rub it while leaning against a nearby tree for support.

"Fear not, Indigo, I can help you" Charles, who kept himself invisible, made himself visible again. He was coiled around Albert's back, waved his hands, and lifted her up off the ground. She took a seat on an invisible throne and followed behind Albert.

"Oh wow!" Indigo said excitedly. She rested her forearms on a set of invisible armrests beside her. She leaned back, crossing one leg over the other and relaxed while Charles's power pulled her along.

"Hey, that's not fair; what about me, Charles? I'm your father. Give me an invisible floating throne too!"

"You can make one yourself, father; use your powers. Indigo doesn't have any powers, so it's only fair that a gentleman treat her like a lady."

"Awww, Charles, you're such a sweetheart. You could learn a thing from your freaky son, babe."

"Kiss ass," Albert muttered beneath his breath, groaning angrily that he had to continue walking on his aching feet.

"Here we are, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Big Dong." Lisa pointed to the famous landmark in front of them.

Indigo was set down and stepped off her invisible throne. She took her place next to Albert and Charles and stood in the massive boulder's presence.

"It looks like a giant rock dick....Bwahahaha!" Albert laughed after a momentary pause. Indigo stifled laughter back until giving in and joining him in laughter. Charles stared peculiarly at the rocky structure and wondered why it looked like that.

"Laugh if you must, but aside from its hilarious shape and name, I was the one who named it; by the way, this landmark is a portal that's going to take us to our destination. This monument leads us into the home of the Oceanids, led by Hyades. Once we step through, the portal won't open again for a few days. But every great American explorer from the past who has managed to step in has rarely ever wanted to come back home. Step back son, Indigo and give me a few minutes to open the portal. You can ask me anything while I open it."

"I thought the Oceanids were from Greek Mythology Lisa, why is a portal to their world located in the United States? I thought it would be somewhere in; I don't know, Greece?"

"I know you haven't met her yet, Indigo, but the warden of North America for supernatural and legendary creatures and races has moved this portal over here to keep it safe and close to her should the Oceanids need her help. It would make sense if the portal to their world were in their ancestral land of Greece, but due to supernatural politics unknown to humans, all non-Judeo-Christian deities and spirits were kicked out of Greece."

"Every time you mention anything related to Heaven, they sound more and more like bullies and racists." Indigo crossed her arms over her chest, angered and disturbed.

"Well, calling them racists wouldn't be correct, if any non-Christian supernatural creature or race wishes to align with Heaven, they will be allowed to stay in their ancestral homes in exchange for doing Heaven's dirty work."

"That's so cruel and underhanded," Indigo said.

A tribal elder watched Lisa unlocking the magical locks on the giant boulder from afar. His eyes snapped with electricity and glowed with power. Lisa was, of course, aware of his watchful eye though she had nothing to fear, for he was not observing her but looking out for passing sentries from Heaven above the clouds. Should they find this portal, they would swarm the area hellbent on destroying the portal. In response, the entire tribe and its warriors will fight to the last to repel the attack until they can hide the doorway from sight. A heavy-losses conflict scenario is something the tribe doesn't want nor Heaven if it brings Lisa, a former angel of the rank of Thrones, into the fray.

"She's taking her son and his friends to their world. I do hope Lucilia is doing well. I miss her dearly and so do her children." The elder monologues.

"We're in!" Lisa pointed at a giant swirling mass of blue and black energy emanating from the boulder.

Cerulean Shores

The group locked hands together while they stood in front of the portal. Albert and Indigo looked at each other, then at Lisa, who smiled at them reassuringly. They stepped forward together and vanished into the portal. Charles traveled with them, coiled around his father's waist under his shirt; hidden from sight.

Inside the portal, the passage was reminiscent of a subway train tunnel, only with swirling stripes of energy on the walls. It was somewhat cold, which made Indigo walk closer to Albert. Lisa saw this and explained the drop in temperature and about portals in general.

"Whatever you guys do, do not let go of each other's hands. Portals are spaces between the living world and the spirit realm despite where they lead. The spirit realm can be either the divine domain, the infernal, or realms that belong to supernatural creatures like fairies and ghosts. You'll be erased from existence if you don't have proper protection and break the link to the person whose power keeps you safe. Like many other portals, this one is like a violent river that tears at the spirit and deeper until it shreds the soul. It's cold because in-between the living spaces and the spirit, time doesn't exist, nor does temperature. Sometimes it's blazing hot or bone-chilling cold."

Albert saw that Indigo was the only one in the group shivering under her skin with chattering teeth; each time she exhaled, she let out a thick cloud of steam.

"Charles, please keep Indigo warm."

Charles slithered out from under his father's shirt and snaked over to Indigo, where he coiled around her waist. His body glowed ruby red and evening orange. Indigo sighed, relieved that her body temperature was rising and stabilizing.

"Mom, why isn't the temperature affecting me like it's affecting Indigo?" Albert asked quizzically.

"Because baby, your power is always keeping you safe whether you're using it or not. It doesn't make you invincible, but its defensive power is always on standby. The only time it turns off is at your death. And that is an event that will never come for you; I'll personally make sure of it." Her tone and words as serious and as cold as the portal they walked through.

The group reached the end of the portal and walked onto a beach with sand like white snow. Unlike the portal, this world was warm. The portal behind them closed in a pinch as soon as they all stepped out. Albert stared out at the longest beach he had ever seen in his life. The beach had water that glistened like liquid sapphire. The rolling waves crashing against the shoreline mirrored billions of diamonds beaming in the ever-present presence of a sun and moon, enthroned permanently in this world's skies.

The ocean seemed to go on forever. Albert and Indigo knew they were on an island in the middle of an infinite ocean that expanded into the edges of Eternity.

Hundreds of small pools of water big enough to fit a handful of people peppered the land on the island. Strange but beautiful flowers as tall as humans slowly sprouted out of them. When they fully matured, their buds, which glowed, blossomed until slowly dying and repeating the process all over again endlessly. In the same pools, streams of water shot out, creating multitudes of intricate and beautiful water fountain effects. Indigo saw waters stir to life in the water collections and rising from the surface. Some rose like stretched gum, others like water bubbles, and others steamed upwards, all took feminine forms while rising.

The group looked around at the beings forming, human in appearance and fully naked. The women rising out of the pools of water had skin colors of different shades of blue. Albert watched two women approach him, each bearing different hair colors, sea green, and smoky gray. They wore jewelry that mirrored bras and panties or swimsuits. Jewelry of gold and silver coupled with precious jewels connected by gold chains covered their intimate areas. With each step they took, their jewelry clothing rattled and clanked. Indigo was in awe at each woman's beauty but noticed their beauty and attractiveness differed from one another.

12