Dark Stag Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Wolf and the Mammoth sat at a table, inviting me over. I came, seeing there were quite a few people already there.

"Guys, this is Summer..." They didn't know my real name, "He's a high profile trainee, one making waves..."

"Nice to meet you Summer..." A caucasian man with a darker complexion said, extending out his hand for me to shake, "Call me, Gin." I shook his hand, giving him a nod.

"I'm Roberto, Summer..." A Spaniard across from me said.

"And I'm Drinia." A short but curvaceous Syu Semitic woman said.

"Nice to meet you all." I smiled.

"How's your training going?" The Wolf asked.

"I'm on week eight so next week is the last week." I sighed.

"You got through it, a bit longer than some, but you got through it nonetheless. Quite a few people can't make it." Drinia said.

"Not going to lie," Roberto began, "I thought Devari was going to kill you. Everyone could see you were his most difficult trainee ever! That day when you beat the entire brothel guard... We thought you were done for!"

"What was that about?" Gin asked.

"Um... I've been writing my family. Mardee found out and stole my letter so I got pissed off and wrecked him. I try to hide it, but there's no getting around it. I was an Illisian warrior-hunter before this and, need be, it will come out again." I said with a little smirk.

"It's so unassuming." Gin smiled.

"I was thinking the same shit!" The Wolf added.

"I agree, he doesn't look half as capable as he is when it comes to whooping some ass!" The Mammoth teased, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Didn't you kill the Giant of Nok?" Roberto asked.

"I didn't really try to. He just was kind of scaring me..." I shrugged, nonchalantly.

"How'd you do it?" Gin persisted. I paused with a conspicuous sigh, these questions getting old, fast. The Wolf and Mammoth could see I was getting quite annoyed.

"What do you all do here?" I asked, changing the subject all together.

"I'm a street performer." Roberto sighed.

"I'm just a midrange escort." Drinia said, wishing she was upper echelon.

"I'm also a street performer." Gin said, his tone a bit dryer.

"That's cool. What's it like being a street performer?" I asked.

"It's long hot days, butt ass naked in the sun, standing on a pedistal just to advertise for the brothel. It's pretty awful but the pay is amazing!" Roberto said.

"What were you before you came here?" Gin asked, seeming to forget the question was already addressed.

"I was a hunter about ninety percent of the time but well trained to be a warrior. I know the Illisian form of kickboxing as well as ring wrestling. Every now and again, I'd compete with other families for title of tribe chief. My uncle trained the living shit out of me! And when my father was around, he taught me a style of fighting from the Tanzanian coast. My mother was also an elite swordsman and she trained me as well. I mix the four to form a style of my own." I explained.

"What did you hunt?" Gin persisted.

"Anything to be honest. We were in one of our worst droughts so most big game headed south through the Rift Lands and hadn't returned." I smiled.

"That sounds tough." Roberto nodded.

"It's tough, truly. But I wouldn't trade it for the word." I said, missing my home, "Well, anyways it's time to for me to go. Nice talking with you all!"

The Wolf seemed as though he wanted me to stay, as though my departure was premature but I didn't like the entire social interaction thing. I spent most of my youth alone... Having friends now, despite it being beneficial for my needs, was too taxing to pursuit. The only thing on my mind was sleep!

That was precisely what I did. I slept and slept on and off all day. As the evening rolled in, Devari came to my room.

"Has your sources contacted you again?" He asked, seeming to be quite concerned.

"No." I shrugged.

"I kind of don't know how to feel about that," He said, his uncertainty showing it's head, "I don't know what you all are saying when I'm not around. I don't know what your true motives are, still."

"Do you not trust me?" I asked.

"Well..." He said, making it clear.

"Have I not given you information you needed?" I continued, turning to face him.

"You have..." He sighed. I just stared at him, not sure what more could he want. Devari was rather controlling, loving things to be his way. It was kind of annoying.

"I'm going back to bed." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I didn't mean to make you upset." He said, edging over, "It's just this is a pretty tough time for me. I'm busting my ass every which way to keep my brothel and you've helped for sure, but you're not giving me a platform steady enough to stand on. Everything with you is a gamble on trust and with all the tedious things I have going on now, I don't need the uncertainty of your promises..." I continued to stare at him, the boy having to rethink his words.

"Fine," I shrugged, "I'll help you no longer..."

"Wait, that didn't come out right! Shit!" He clenched his head, "Kijus... I want to trust you! I do, I really do! I just don't like uncertainty!"

"What do you want me to do about it then?" I shrugged, realizing there was no middle ground, "There's nothing I can do to assure you that I'm not double-crossing you..."

"I should go..." He said, "I'm an idiot. This is not what I meant..." He sprung to his feet, heading to the door, "Goodnight..."

"Goodnight." I smiled back, finding Devari to be extremely adorable when he was in a frantic state. As time went on, he was the prevailing thought in my mind. It was something about his walk, his mannerisms, the way he stared at people, the way he could make something so objective feel subjective... The way he pulled his hair from his face, the way he'd squint and tap his chin when he was thinking, and those reading glasses of his! I loved those glasses.

Devari was just a charming man, one I almost admired. The way he cared so deeply about everyone around him, had such a passion for this brothel and fought so hard for it's survival was amazing. I wish I had his level compassion! He was nothing but a big heart, seemingly tough but actually just raw and emotional.

These thoughts eventually put me to sleep, Sunday rolling in, passing nearly identically to Saturday. I spent the whole day lounging away in my bed until Devari came in to visit.

"Okay..." He began, shocked to see me laying there, "You okay?"

"I'm fine... Just taking in the weekend." I said, sitting up to face him, "Yes?"

"Yeah, um, I won't be here Monday. This will be the first day Mukir will be running the show so try to go easy on him. In other words, Mardee might be the one in charge considering Mukir really has little experience." He explained.

"As for my training?"

"It's gonna be a surprise..." Devari smiled deviously. I rolled my eyes, not excited, "How I knew you'd do that."

"Am I getting that predictable?" I laughed.

"Kind of." Devari noted, "But anyway... just be ready to take a lot of erection pills..."

"Why?" I asked plainly.

"Fuck, you forgot... This is gonna be good!" Devari laughed, almost evilly, "I'll see you Tuesday..." He got up and left.

It left me desperately trying to remember what my training would be tomorrow! There was no use. I couldn't remember anymore. The only thing left to do was wait for the eminent day. It rolled in too swiftly for my liking, Mardee summoning me from my room, as short and ill-patient as ever.

I put on some shorts and a robe, making my way down to the training studio. Sitting on the bed was a naked, dark skinned woman, quite thin but curvy. Her eyes were grey, her thick curly hair so black it looked blue. It was pinned up as she lay in the bed sizing me up. This was the defining moment of turning into the Brothel! My heart began to swelter and thump, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Is he Illisian?" She asked.

"Samara?" I said out. The woman leaned up, looking at me.

"Que duci buteg que lorqat?" She demanded.

"Istoy am Kijus Malik dionde ino Lacri suede Illisia. Istoy am taqui jonjo!" I said.

"Kijus?" She said, getting to her feet. So much shock was on her face!

"Hey," A Gaurd said, "Speak in the native tongue?"

"Pior Quedon taqo aqui?!" She asked, her shock turning into anger.

"Istoy, Istoy... van capturio chan slavarisitos nan cuartros atet. Istoy taqo performancio a la destri y tenoy esmoso taqo!" I responded.

Her eyes welled up, unable to make sense of this. Slowly she shook her head.

"Nios nada muchan hora... Nios is prioritidad que nios departante dionde aqui!" I told her, "Nios in mortemde lecre fin nios ati! Per favore, compire! Nios nada muchan, mui jonja!"

"I said the Native tongue!" The guard said, rushing forward with his stun staff. I was jabbed in the back with it, forced to my knees as jolts of electricity filled me.

"Stop! STOP!" Samara demanded, "That's my brother!" She wrapped herself in a robe, hesitant to rush over.

The guard persisted to shock me. This was the worst pain I had ever felt! The searing, fiery muscle contracting pain, had me fighting for control. The sheer amount of pain was unbearable but the guard was unrelenting! Every muscle was tense! There was no escaping this! This could be my end doing.

"STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" My sister screamed, rushing forth. The guard held up the staff, jabbing her with it as she came forth. The bright pulse, repelled my sister back. It made me so angry!

That guard had fucked up! It only took a split second of relief for me to pick him up by his shins and fling him backwards. He landed on his head, rolling on the ground in pain. More guards rushed forward with their staves, jabbing me. These quick stabs were hard to dodge, the electrodes making contact with me several times as jolts of electricity filled my body.

I grew angrier and angrier, picking up the fallen guard's staff from the ground. Another guard jabbed at me once again. I narrowly side stepped it, spinning towards him to build up centriptal force. The staff in my hand extended out, battering him in the side of the skull. Another guard jabbed at me from behind. I managed to block it with the staff, getting in close and fast with the staff, and shocking his face. He fell; the only thing I wanted to feel was his throat collapsing under the pressure of my feet.

However, the first man I took down was back on his feet. I turned to him, huffing and puffing. His challenging stance became weary as he could see his comrades all down on the ground. I wanted to kill him! Without hesitation, I sped towards him, sweeping my leg under his. He fell to the floor with a hard thud.

Just like he electrocuted me, I did the same to him, jabbing the electrode in his face. Bright light and crackling filled the room. The man screamed out, the smell of seared flesh beginning to stagnate the air. More guards rushed in, one coming in to strike me with the staff. I side stepped the over the head strike, sending the electrode of the staff in my hand into his belly.

I rushed forth to the next guard, spinning with the staff before striking him in the head. I wanted more and more of them dead but they were hesitant to fight me, backing themselves into the rear of the room.

"COME FORTH!" I demanded, "ALL OF YOU! NOW!"

"We don't want to fight you..." A guard said, pleading on behalf of everyone in the studio.

These men straight up refused to continue. This bloodlust of mine was starting to dissipate. The damage of what I had done set in. A man lay dead on the floor, his face unrecognizable while a number of others were either unconscious or incapacitated. There was no guilt, no shame. I just hadn't realized this many men had been taken down so swiftly.

Mukir rushed in after hearing the screaming and the loud crackles of the electrode staves. He and his entourage rushed in, shocked by the sight. Mukir clenched his head, not sure what to do. Mardee looked up at me, beyond angered. He looked to the guards.

"Kill him..." He demanded. I slowly turned to face them, wanting them to try their best. The men were so apprehensive.

"No...just restrain him." Mukir said, Mardee looking at him in disapproval.

"That monster needs to go!" Mardee said, pointing at me.

"We'll let Devari decide what to do with him." Mukir countered.

"Don't you realize you're in an administrative position? You have authority! You should lead by example! A slave killed a guard and mained an number of others! You should deal with him accordingly!" Mardee said, sounding like a snake in Mukir's ear. Mukir slowly looked up at me, my heart beginning to pound. He had that same indiscernible expression I haved from Devari.

"Drop the staff..." Mukuir said. I did so, holding up both hands in surrender, "Restrain him..." The reluctant men, wearily did as was told, taking me to those holding cells in the center of the warehouse.

They placed me in, locking the door, happy to get far away from me. Mukir, paced back and forth outside the cell.

"Devari is going to flip shit..." He said, nervous.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, resenting every moment of putting the boy through this.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" He asked.

"I... I... Can I just wait for Devari?" I responded.

"NO, you better tell me now so I can butter him up before he meets with you! You don't know the significance of what you've done and you haven't seen Devari angry!" Mukir responded.

"He's my brother..." A feminine voice said from an adjacent hall. It was Samara appearing from the hall, looking quite concerned. Mukir, turned to look at her then to me.

"You two... are siblings?" Mukir asked, trying to make sense of this.

"I joined this brothel because months ago, I saw her performing on a street venue. She didn't recognize me because last time she saw me, I was seven and she was thirteen. I...I..."

"So you thought you could come in and save her?" Mukir asked, thinking the ideology wasn't too bright.

"She was the only piece of home I had left in this city. I was going to take her from this place and head back home so we can be reunited with our family again." I said, unable to bare Mukir's irate glare. Samara seemed to grow upset but remained silent.

"So this was your plan all along, to fucking join the brothel to steal your sister back and get out?" Mukir asked.

"Essentially... At first, I was going to kill everyone, burn everything down, leave my mark... But I learned that there are greater evils and right now, the mission of getting my sister out of here is of gravest importance." I responded.

"Why?"

"My sister is a heiress and title holder just like I am. As a person with noble blood, she is a political player whether she knows it or not. Any person who's a political player has to be accounted for by the Free Agents and taken out of harm's way." I explained.

"So you're a prince?" Mukir asked, it all making sense to him now.

"I am... view it more so as a tribal chief and the nephew of several War Kings... It's a lot more to it than that but that's the important part." I explained.

"Devari warned me that this might happen, told me that you're a bit of a misnomer. I didn't really believe him but he surely was right... He'll be back early tomorrow morning to address this. I wish you luck..." Mukir said, leaving.

Samara made her way over to me. She didn't look pleased one bit.

"You were coming to save me?" She asked. The question made me apprehensive to respond.

"You don't want to be saved?"

"Save me from what? You don't know anything! The life Illisians live is a lie! You can't save me from this brothel! That whole purity bullshit is all it is... bullshit! There is no god! There is no, heaven! This brothel is the closest we'll ever get to heaven! That is all I know! I've been an escort here since I was thirteen! This is the only world I know and ever care to know!" She said, truly upset.

This was heartbreaking to hear. The only thing I could do was cry.

"I know," I began, "I found this out the hard way... I would pray, and pray and pray. But it seemed the gods would just make things worse to see me struggle, as if they needed something entertaining to laugh at. After a while, I stopped praying and just started doing my own will. Some ideals are hard to let go of still but it's whatever... I've learned a lot about brothels. This is a family, not just a house for whores. But I'm not trying to save you from the brothel! I'm trying to save you from war..."

"War?" She asked.

"There's been a lot of political and economic issues arising... since I've arrived." I chuckled, "And a corrupt regime has surfaced and taken over... A battle for this Ziggurat will be eminent." I explained.

"Who... what? Who took over from the Bourgions?" She asked, surprising me that she knew who they were.

"Sir Socoshian... You know him?" I said back. She rolled her eyes.

"We know him... He used to bring King Bourgion here all the time. He was a creepy little man. I'm not at all surprised someone that looks like him could take over. That man had a lot of power! Not just in the Ziggurat..." She noted.

"Yeah, we're still finding out just how far his power reaches out. He needs to be killed..." I sighed.

"Killing him would be a mistake. This man's hands are all over the Caucasus. If he's killed, his assets that support the bank might not remain. Knowing him, he'd have a plan to get rid of all the money to cause economic collapse. Afterall, he has wriggled his way into placing the entire city into debt. And if this Ziggurat collapses, every other Ziggurat falls..." She explained.

"Damn... you know more than I do!" I said, astounded.

"My last client was a twelve Ziggurat councilman who knew of Sir Socoshian's endeavors. Chances are, Sir Socoshian is probably plotting a way to put these men in his debt. I think he wants the Twelve Ziggurats!" She continued.

"But why?" I asked.

"Do you really want to get into that psycho's mind?" She retorted.

"No, not really. I just want to know his motives." I shrugged.

"We'll see..." She slowly nodded, "We'll all see."

"You say that as if this place is doomed?" I noted.

"It's doomed. Is it doomed today? No... Tomorrow... I don't know. In the future... certainly. Last night when I came in, Devari had a long talk with me, about you in particular and his appreciation for the money me and my girls brought in. He's working hard now to save this brothel... With all things going on, I feel like we're holding off the inevitable for now." She said with a smirk.

"That's... There's a chance we can win this. The Free Agents are piecing together every bit of information they can to combat this! All we have to do is get out of here!" I responded.

"No... I'm not leaving... This is my home... It might not be yours but it's mine." She refused.

"This is not our home!" I disputed.

"I was thirteen when I was taken away... A child. You were, seven? I grew up here, forgot the Illisian way of living and now, thirteen years later, I'm twenty six! It's too late for me to adopt that way of living again. I like this! I like to be pampered, spoiled...exploited... I know it's not the Illisian way but fuck it! Fuck them... This is me now!" She made clear. I slowly nodded.

"I understand." I said back, smiling thinly.

She looked at me intently.

"My god, you are my little brother." She said, her eyes glistening with tears ready to fall, "How's gram, father, our little sister, uncle Sammi?"

"Father died trying to save you. He's been dead for as long as you've been gone. Gram and our little sister are doing well. They had to move to the city where they are doing fine. I sent them a huge heap of money so they won't ever have to worry about a thing. I have a question for you though... is mother...?"