Dark Wonders Ch. 02

Story Info
Mateo helps Alexandra Daddario with a contract dispute.
10.1k words
4.8
16.3k
56
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/16/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story is completely fictional and did not happen. All characters and names are fictional and were made up. I do not make money from these stories. Please do not copy and plagiarize my work.

******************

Los Angeles, California

A black dot was visible from the distance, peeking into small hole of the white plastic lid covering the cup. Morning coffee had been freshly brewed by the assistants throughout the offices of the TTY Agency building, utilizing a set of machines the company had shelled out extra money for. Mateo found himself arriving early on this Friday morning, but it wasn't for the paycheck that awaited him. Standing there in his office, the light above shined across his black pinstriped suit as he raised the cup of coffee up to his lips for a slow sip. His face was clean shaved as usual, dark hair slicked back and on point. After the fun he had enjoyed earlier in the week with his new client on file earlier in the week, it was difficult for him not to enter work feeling high and mighty. Still riding the waves of not only signing Christina Hendricks, but giving her a taste of what kind of man he was.

In the following weeks, he would have his hands full managing the business side of Christina's career. Mateo would have to call her and check what kind of work she was looking to seek. Whether it be landing photo shoots for magazines with interviews or moving up to get a new role for television or film work. That was his duty now that he was her agent, but today he wasn't worried about Christina whatsoever. The thought of fucking her was still fresh on his mind, merely days away. As he leaned back against his desk, sipping on the coffee, his eyes wandered across the office. The door opened, followed by the sound of high heels clacking down on across the tiles below. Mateo gazed up to see his assistant Cindy entering the office. Her black heels were the only piece of clothing over her body that wasn't clad in grey. A matching skirt went with her pinstriped suit jacket.

"Hey, how's the coffee?"

Cindy didn't smile when she asked Mateo that questioned. There was an obvious look of concern or stress across her aged face. The older woman stepped in carrying her own cup of coffee. Mateo nodded before responding.

"It's good. What's going on? You don't look so happy today."

"I just got back from the break room. Has anyone told you what happened to little Joey?"

Mateo shook his head while Cindy took a sip from her cup. Joey had been a recent hiring to the agency a ew months ago. A firebrand of a young man who had quickly made his name known throughout the offices by working alongside a few Hollywood stars. He had connections in the film industry, it seemed. Other agents with Mateo's years of experience on their belt may have taken the younger man as competition, but he didn't. Joey was worthy of respect as a hard worker.

"He got T-boned in a car accident a few hours ago."

After uttering her words, Cindy stopped to take another sip of her coffee. Mateo stood there against his desk, listening to her explain the situation.

"His car's totaled. He just came out of ICU, breathing fine. He has some broken ribs and a broke arm, suffered a concussion from the impact too."

Letting out a sigh, Mateo shook his head.

"Damn, I hate to hear that. He just bought a new car last month, didn't he?"

Cindy nodded back at him, then carried on speaking again.

"Yeah and he had a meeting today with some actress he was working out a deal for a new movie. Michelle is going crazy with the phone ringing off the hook, the studio isn't wanting to re-schedule anything. He needed to be there today to finalize this deal."

Michelle was Joey's office assistant. Much like Cindy worked for Mateo, the woman handled all of his phone calls, fax sheets and other office related work. While standing there and listening, Mateo grew more curious about the situation. He sat the cup of coffee down on his desk and stood a bit closer to Cindy.

"What's he need? Someone to be there to negotiate a payout for a project?"

"Something like that, I don't know. Michelle don't know what to do cause the producer is being a dick to her over the phone."

Heading for the door, Mateo nodded and spoke back to his assistant.

"I'll take care of this."

Leaving her there in his office, Mateo stepped out into the hall while the phone sitting on his desk began to ring. Cindy had to set down her cup of coffee, rushing over to grab the phone, but it was of no care to him. He could hear the phone ringing in the distance, but Mateo had more important things on his mind for now. He wasn't close with Joey as another man at the office, but they had shared some words before. In his mind, Mateo figured that if he would do a favor for the young man, that he would appreciate it and that could be the beginning of a possible friendship. He wandered to the office door with an engraved gold name over the glass window, reading Joseph Miller. It would've been more mindful to knock, but Mateo turned the door knob and invited himself in, unannounced. His eyes wandered across the small office room as he witnessed Michelle sitting down in the desk chair, phone up to her right ear as her eyes wandered up at him.

"Hey, you on the phone with the hospital or a studio?"

Michelle's deep brown eyes looked up. The short black woman had dark hair, split down the middle. A shiny round beaded pearl necklace down below that matched her white shirt and jacket. Mateo stepped into the office, shutting the door and then walking around the desk.

"Are you Mr. DeLaRosa, sir?"

Giving her a nod, he leaned over the desk and she hung the phone up. Mateo offered a smile and then spoke.

"Cindy told me you've been catching hell from some studio while Joey's in the hospital right now. Who's giving you a hard time?"

"It's an executive producer signing an actress up for a movie production. She's been calling around the clock, cause everything was arranged for today with this contract. I don't know what to think. It's like this guy thinks Joey got himself in a car accident to not show up."

As she spoke of the situation, Mateo's eyes glanced down at the desk. An open folder was visible with a some faxed papers printed across it. He grabbed one of the papers that contained a screen test photo printed with it and information regarding the movie. The photo was of a white woman with deep blue eyes gazing back from the wall and a heavy cleavage contained in her black dress. Mateo softly smiled, reading her name as Alexandra Daddario.

"Is this her I'm looking at? This is Joey's client?"

Michelle nodded.

"Yeah! She's meeting with the producer right now. They're at some restaurant across town. Joey had them booked this afternoon at the Starfire."

"I know that place. Call Miss. Daddario and tell her that someone is coming up to see her."

The assistant's eyes became enlarged for a moment as Mateo grabbed the files and began to flip through them. She realized he was going to help what was almost an unsalvageable situation. Standing up from the desk, Michelle spoke again.

"The contract isn't in those papers. She's worried about money and from what I'm guessing, the producer wants to go cheap."

Mateo set the papers back down, looking over at Michelle and then nodding.

"Alright, that's good to know. Call her and tell her that someone is on their way to finish the deal."

Heading out of the office, he grabbed the door knob and turned around. Pointing back at Michelle, Mateo spoke again.

"And if that producer calls you back and is rude to you, tell him to go fuck himself!"

Flashing a full smile, Michelle bust up laughing. As Mateo stepped back into the hall, Cindy was there to greet him.

"Miss. Hendricks called and wants to talk. I've got her on hold in your office."

Shaking his head at Cindy, Mateo brushed it off. This wasn't anything work related he assumed with Christina. The woman was likely calling to talk about the other night when they fucked.

"I'm working right now, get her off the phone. She can wait on me. I'm going out to finish this job for Joey."

"Alright, good luck hon!"

Cindy's smile would melt anyone's heart. Mateo was about to grow frustrated with Christina, but that smile made him forget about the woman for the time being. He marched down the hall, heading to the elevator and taking it down. The Starfire was a fancy restaurant not far from the TTY Agency. Mateo was already figuring in his head that it would be a twenty minute drive. By the time he entered the car park and began to run up the stairs, his cellphone began ringing from the inside pocket of his jacket. He reached for it, taking a look across the screen to see Christina Hendricks' name. Since he didn't answer the office phone, now she was calling his cellphone. It may have been urgent, but Mateo didn't want to talk to her at the moment. He had a job to do and a meeting with Alexandra Daddario so he let the phone ring, shoving it back into his jacket as he arrived to his white Ferrari Testarossa car.

After unlocking the doors, he climbed into the driver's seat. Before sliding the key into the ignition, he took out his cellphone and switched the status to silent mode. Starting up the car, Mateo wasted no time pulling out of the car park and driving his elegant sports car back onto the streets. He knew Michelle would make the phone calls necessary, leaving Alexandra Daddario waiting for his arrival. Thinking back to the moment he noticed her photograph printed onto that sheet of paper, he grinned again. Rumors had spread across the TTY building about Alexandra. Mateo had never met her before, but he had heard quite the tall tales of how she liked to handle her negotiations. He was already thinking about the possibility that Joey had been fucking her and maybe that was the real cause of argument regarding payments with a studio producer.

Taking his time cruising through the streets, Mateo's mind wandered back to the memories of hearing such rumors regarding this actress. Another agent under the TTY banner had once worked with Alexandra, having affairs that ultimately led to a divorce in his household. There was little doubt in his mind that Joey was probably getting lucky with her. Whatever the case, Mateo figured it was worth a shot. Sometimes he had to indulge himself in such vanity, chasing after women like that as another notch on the belt. Even funnier was to think that there was another woman out there currently trying to get in contact with him throughout the day. Pulling up on the side of the street outside the restaurant, he glanced over the sidewalk before shutting down the engine to his car. Few people were walking nearby, as the glass windows of the building offered a bright reflection from the sunlight. Mateo got out of the car, ready to enter the restaurant.

Stepping through the door, he was greeted to a cooler feeling, beating the blazing heat outside and the sound of slow tempo Jazz music playing from the distance. Piano notes ringing out, as there were rows of tables matching the fancy dark wooden interior design of the place. Mateo looked around, deciding that he would find Alexandra himself by noticing her in the distance. Quietly walking past some tables, his eyes gazed around until he noticed the dark haired woman with pale skin. She sat down across from who Mateo could only assume was her studio producer. Elbow on the table, Alexandra rested her left hand on the side of her face, looking bored as ever while sipping on a glass of wine. Across from her was a man in a white shirt, short blonde hair and finishing up the ordered dinner. This was definitely the waiting guests. Mateo approached, causing Alexandra to turn and make eye contact with the older man now standing over their reserved table.

"Hello there... Miss Daddario, I take it?"

"Yes, that's me. You're Mr. DeLaRosa, right? Joey's agent called about twenty minutes ago."

She softly smiled, curving her pink lips and then moving her left hand to pay the open chair to the right. Mateo pulled it out, inviting himself in as the producer didn't look at him at all. Still chewing on his foot and plucking a fork from his mouth, the man's brown eyes gazed over as Mateo gave him a stern look.

"So, what's your name, Mr. Hot shot?"

The cold expression turned to a smug grin. Mateo felt he had a good read on this man, making out his body language and quiet demeanor. This man would be easy to intimidate and belittle, if the negotiations had truly stalled, as he had assumed. Setting the fork down, the man wiped his mouth before speaking.

"I'm Drew Knight. Didn't that bitch back at his office inform you of that?"

Alexandra rolled her eyes, sighing at Drew's words. All Mateo did was stare back at him before replying.

"No, she didn't tell me that. But she did tell me that you wouldn't cancel this meeting today, knowing that Joey is sitting up in the hospital with a broken arm and smashed up ribs."

"That's not my problem."

Mateo chuckled for a moment before replying.

"As a matter of fact, it is your problem now. Since you wouldn't cancel the meeting for Joey, you get to deal with me today."

He grinned back at the man and then tapped his fingers down on the table.

"So, what's the big hold up? I'm assuming it has to do with money."

Clearing her throat, Alexandra spoke up.

"Actually, no. I'm willing to take the pay cut if I still can make at least fifty thousand from this movie. It's not-"

Drew raised his right hand index finger, pointing at her. He cut her off, speaking over her.

"No no, honey! We negotiated lower than that before someone decided to shove their nose into it."

He gave Mateo a dirty look, who's eyes wandered to look at his hands. Drew was wearing two silver rings on his ring and pinky fingers. Mateo felt the need here to begin his intimidation, as he guessed this man was weak and wouldn't attempt a physical altercation if things got out of hand. Drew spoke again.

"You're not worth fifty thousand. Hell, you aren't even worth the sixty thousand that your real agent first negotiated."

"Don't give me that bullshit! You don't have any other star power in this fucking movie but me! I want my cut! Fifty thousand, that's it!"

Alexandra was quick to retort, but Mateo spoke up before they got into a bigger argument.

"That's some nice rings you've got there, Drew."

Caught off guard, the man looked back at Mateo somewhat puzzled. He carried on speaking.

"I doubt they would make up for an extra ten grand off her salary, since you're going cheap."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

This question had only made Mateo laugh. Leaning back in his chair, he spoke in a low and stern voice.

"Let's cut the chase right here. I'm not here to fuck with you, but I definitely will if I have to. I'm only here today cause you just can't help being a pain in the ass to some friends of mine. You've got Joey up in the hospital, probably won't be back in the office for another month with all the injuries he has right now."

It was a speculative lie on behalf of Mateo's voice, but the man wouldn't know that. Leaning down, he looked him right in the eye and then finished his speech.

"I'm not in the mood for your shit today, pal. If anyone's gonna be a pain in the ass to someone, leave it to me to make your fucking life miserable today."

"Are you trying to threaten me?"

Mateo nodded, quick to response.

"Yeah, I'm threatening you alright. Joey got his car smashed up in a wreck, I can make sure your car gets smashed to hell and back today."

Alexandra's big blue eyes enlarged as she swallowed her breath. Drew broke eye contact with Mateo, looking back at her to see the expression of fear across the actress' face. Mateo knew right here, that his words were having an effect and he had taken control of the situation.

"You're gonna pay this girl her fucking money. If Joey got it on contract for sixty thousand, that's the end of the story. You're gonna back out and try to nickel and dime her just cause he's in the hospital."

Mateo pointed his finger back at Drew.

"Not a penny less! You're gonna pay her, that's the end of the discussion."

Taking a deep breath, Drew exhaled and then replied, almost stuttering in his speech.

"I... I have the contract papers back in my car."

Nodding at him, Mateo smiled.

"I'll walk you out to the car. I wanna read over the papers myself."

"If you two are going out, I wanna come too."

Alexandra spoke up. Mateo motioned with his right hand, offering her a smile. The true reason he wanted to walk outside with Drew was only to make sure the man didn't get in his car and bail. All three of them stepped out of the front door in a line and then Drew walked over to his yellow Toyota car. Alexandra stood next to Mateo, smiling to him as they watched the producer open the driver's door and reach across into the passenger seat to grab his folders. He handed it over to Mateo, who quickly opened the folder and began to look over the contract sheets. Interestingly enough, they were already signed by the man himself. It was only lacking Alexandra's signature, but the contract accurately had a sum of $60,000 as her salary for the film. Mateo glared back at Drew before speaking.

"So you already signed this and weren't gonna let her since Joey wasn't here."

The man didn't answer him back, only hanging his head low. Mateo handed the folder to Alexandra and then reached into the inner pocket of his jacket to grab the black ball point pen he kept there. She took the pen, smiling side and then holding the folder across the trunk of Drew's car. Alexandra opened it and then quickly signed her name down on the blank line of the contract. Once she was done, she closed the folder and handed it back to Mateo.

"Sorry Drew, but I don't trust you. I'd rather Mr. DeLaRosa handle this paperwork."

Her words made Mateo grin smugly. He slid the pen back into his jacket pocket after she handed it over. Drew began to step back, prompting Mateo to dismiss him.

"Get the fuck out of my sight."

Almost running away in fear, Drew went to the driver's side of his car, opening the door as Mateo turned his back and began to walk alongside Alexandra.

"Oh my god, you saved my day! I can't thank you enough! That guy is such an asshole. He knew with Joey gone today, he could chew down my contract."

Smiling back at her, Mateo patted her on the shoulder, taking the folder.

"That guy's a pushover. You don't have anything to worry about now, honey."

As they began to walk down the sidewalk, Mateo approached his white Ferrari car when Alexandra stopped.

"Is this your car?"

She glanced back at him with those big blue eyes and a shocked expression across her face. He almost laughed, as this seemed to be the usual look across her face.

"Yeah, you wanna go for a ride?"

"Sure, how about we go down to the bar and I'll buy you a drink? That's the least I can do to repay your kindness for the day."

"I'm not gonna say no to that."

Not expecting her to make an offer, Mateo couldn't complain. He stepped to the driver's side door of his car, watching her slender legs move and noticing the black pair of high heel stilettos she wore. Alexandra wore a one piece black dress with small straps over her shoulders. Breasts jiggling all around as she approached the passenger side door of the sleek white car. While sitting there in the driver's seat, Mateo reached for his phone and saw that he had four text message alerts from Christina and a second missed call from her. "We need to talk... Talk now? It's about last night..." Mateo stopped reading after the third, not even bothering with her useless words. When Alexandra climbed into the passenger side of the car, he handed over the folder with her signed contract.