Date with Destiny-Demon Style Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Will both of you stop?" Ladrian's voice interrupted the two still-bickering princes. "There's nothing we can do."

"Ladrian, there has to be something." Darian's voice was still quite, but she could hear the tremors in his words. "We can't just leave her like that. It's been three days."

Three days? Three days!? She'd been a corpse in her own bed for three days?!

Ugh. Pity the person who has to wash those sheets.

"We can't do anything. She's either dead for good- "

"Or?" Lyzander's voice was frantic now.

"Or somehow she can pull herself through and wake up."

"Wake up! She's dead, you idiot! How the fuck is she supposed to wake up?" Lyzander's voice blasted through the wood, almost knocking her backward.

"Will you keep your voice down?" Darian snapped.

"What does it matter? She's dead. It's not like she can hear us."

Well someone certainly has a lot of faith in me.

Her thoughts came with a scowl. As much as she liked Lyzander, he could be extremely impulsive and callous. She figured that was just how he handled strong emotions. Knowing his family, delicate emotions probably weren't Lyzander's strong point. Besides, in Hell feelings of love and concern were few and far between.

"It does matter. There may be a chance that she could come back." She could hear Ladrian's voice, his tone now quiet and contemplative. "She did use the Hammer seconds before she died. If Kara died because of using such an enormous amount of force, and it was before her set time to die, Death could give her the chance to come back."

"Why would Death allow her to come back?" Darian's voice was inquisitive.

"Indeed. What would be the point of letting someone dead come back?" Lyzander mirrored his rival's tone.

"I don't care. I dare not question that creature." Ladrian's answer silenced them both.

Okay. I think they've suffered enough.

Pulling away from the door, she took a deep breath and grasped the handle. She looked up to notice the dancing demon carved into her door. As always, it smiled down on her, giving her a well-needed dose of courage.

Closing her eyes and holding her breath, she turned the knob silently and opened the door inch by agonizing inch. An excruciating minute later, she had pushed the massive wood door completely open. Letting the cool metal handle slip from her fingers, she stood just inside the doorway, watching silently.

Darian, Ladrian and Lyzander were crushed together in a small group a few feet in front of her door. They were still arguing softly, so close together that none of them seemed to notice her.

Her eyes scanned the hallway. The rest of the princes were scattered around her door. The twins were sitting on the tiled floor, their backs pressed against the wall and tossing stones at noting. Parthos was staring forlornly out an alcove in the wall, watching the souls below as they were tortured. Helion and Memnon were standing against the far wall, staring up at the ceiling and remaining silent. All of them, except for Malnos and Ziron, were waiting patiently for her recovery. Even Helion, the little brat whom she despised and who despised her, had come. Each and every one of them waiting for her.

Chivalry at its best.

Still tossing rocks into the air, Riordan's blue-gold eyes flicked to her now open door. Seeing her, he bolted straight up and stared at her with wild eyes. She smiled softly, happy to see that he had recovered enough from his shock to mirror her expression. Tristan noticed his brother's new position and looked up to see what was causing the alarm. He, too, sat straight up and smiled at her. Both of the stood silently, saving the surprise for the others.

"No, you idiot! That's not what-" Darian's retort was cut off when he, too, noticed her. His eyes shifted from black to a soft grey, his mouth hanging an inch from the floor.

Concerned at their friend's sudden loss for words, Ladrian and Lyzander turned their heads to see her. Helion and Memnon did the same, though Memnon was still as indifferent about her as he had always been. She figured he was only here out of duty and not out of any actual care or concern. Helion, she guessed, just came to see any fireworks that might go off.

One of the twins reached over and slapped Parthos on his hip, bringing him out of his trance. Startled, he spun around, shocked to see her at first, the elated. Of all of the princes she'd dealt with so far, he was probably her only real friend. The others were either lovers or assholes, but Kara could count Parthos as a true companion in this mess.

Collecting himself, Ladrian took a tentative step forward. "Kara?" His voice was shaky, as if he wasn't sure she was real.

She smiled shyly and gave a nervous laugh. "Hi...everyone. And how are we?"

"Better, now that you're awake." He swallowed, still nervous.

"Alive." Lyzander corrected.

She raised her eyebrows at him, her eyes conveying a message of corrections-are-not-the-most-important-thing-right-now. Lyzander smiled at her and clamped his mouth shut.

Good boy. He learns fast.

"H-how are you feeling?" Ladrian had dared to take another step forward.

She paused for a moment, mentally giving herself a once-over. "About as good as any person coming back from death can be."

"Did you-"

"Meet that creature himself? Yes, and I do not recommend going to that meeting." She rubbed her arms for a moment, suddenly cold from the memory. "That thing's scarier that this place."

"Yeah. It's got a reputation for that."

Now only an inch away from her, Ladrian stared into her eyes with a mix of caution and excitement. Slowly, he reached out and cupped her face in his hands, tracing the angles of her face. A smile slowly worked its way onto his face as he discovered that she was real. Overcome with joy, he wrapped his arms around her and crushed her against him.

"We thought we'd lost you."

She scoffed into his shoulder, her words muffled against his skin. "Please. It would take a lot more than a few blasts of fire to keep me down."

Looking over his shoulder, she noticed all of the other princes had gathered in a half-circle around them. Giant smiles of relief were plastered on their faces, and it wasn't until then that she noticed how much she herself was smiling. Grinning at all of them, she stretched out her hands and beckoned them to come closer.

Darian and the twins were the first to move. They rushed forward, Parthos and Lyzander a heartbeat behind them. All five of the crushed together, moving around so each could get at least one hand on her. In seconds, they became a mass of mingling words and twisted bodies. Every one of them was spouting off shouts of joy and questions of her time spent in Death's world. She smiled and shook her head.

"Enough." She made her voice loud enough for all of them to hers. They quieted instantly. "No talking, just hugging."

They stood there in silence, tangled around each other in a massive group hug. She notice neither Helion nor Memnon even tried to join them. With those two, it was the final straw. If they couldn't muster enough energy and happiness to celebrate that she was alive, then fuck them both. They could stay down here and sulk all they wanted. She had five other proud and ready men to choose from.

After a good five minutes of silence, her princes slowly began to pull away, giving her a little breathing room while still remaining close. She looked up and locked eyes with Ladrian. Midnight black eyes held a mixture of elation and concern.

"What?" She cocked her head.

He chewed his lip for an instant. "I'm thrilled that you're back. Believe me, we all are. But none of us knew what to do if you did come back. We only had a plan made for if you stayed dead." The last word made him wince slightly.

"Oh. Well, um..." She scrunched her face up, trying to concentrate. "I think I marry one of you, right? I mean, I've slept with everyone -- well, almost all of you." She shot a soft smile at Parthos. "So, I get to choose which one of you I want."

"And Lucifer?" Darian's voice, distant and hopeless, pushed its way into their conversation. "Remember him saying that he'd be marrying you instead?"

She let out a sharp burst of laughter. "Like I'd actually marry him. Come on, the guy's disgusting, rude and a total asshole. Besides I never signed a contract saying I would marry him. That's just some fucked up idea he's got stewing in his head."

A thought crossed her mind at that exact moment. "Did Lucifer...even try to bring me back? Did he do anything that might have helped me wake up sooner?"

Ladrian shifted his feet nervously. "No. he just stared at you and didn't say anything. It was Darian's idea that we bring you back to your room. Lyzander carried you there. The rest of us stayed back and cleaned up what was left of Emiline and the brothers."

A feeling of boiling fury swirled into her gut. "Lucifer didn't do anything, did he?"

He shook his head.

"Figures." Barely containing the rage now rushing through her veins, she crossed her arms over her chest. "Asks me to be his queen, I save his ass and he does nothing when I die. Fuck marrying him."

"Kara, Lucifer can force you into anything he wants." Ladrian's voice was worried now. "He can take away everything you have and beat you down until you submit. He's done it before."

"Remember when this whole thing stared and Lucifer said I was one of a few people who've challenged him?"

"Well, yes, but- "

"So what makes you think I'm not going to challenge him now?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Lucifer is the last person I'd ever allow to control me. If I'm going to marry someone and have their children, it will be my choice on my terms."

Ladrian, along with the others, let out a long sigh of relief. He lifted his hand and ran his fingers through his silver hair. "Well, that's good to hear. For a moment there I was afraid you'd- "

"Ah, there she is!" Lucifer's voice, loud and overwhelming, rumbled into the hallway. "She's alive! How wonderful!"

Shit.

The princes quickly dispersed, backing away several steps to give the demon king room to advance. Some bowed their heads, others stood at attention. Kara, on the other hand, barely managed to suppress a shiver of disgust as he approached. She refused to turn around to look at him, knowing he'd walk away missing three teeth if she did.

A heartbeat later, Lucifer's strong arm wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her close against his chest. She grimaced, though gave no struggle. Pulling away from him -- which would only end up pissing Lucifer off - when she'd just come back from God- knows-where was not a good idea. Instead, she scowled and let him have his moment of glory.

Lucifer pulled her closer, reaching down and cupping her face in his hands. He tilted her head sharply up, his gold eyes boring into hers, a vicious smile on his lips.

"My queen," he whispered, "I'm so happy you're safe."

He leaned forward and caught her lips in a scorching -- and very unwanted -- kiss. Momentarily too stunned to react, she stood frozen and Lucifer tried to pry her lips open with his tongue. That made her blood boil. She'd saved his ass, died, come back and had a great reunion with her princes. Now he was taking the chance to rub his stupid arrangement in their faces. Asshole.

Furious with his attitude toward herself and her potential mates, she grunted against Lucifer's kiss and placed her hands against his strong chest. Using all the human strength she could muster, she shoved him back, breaking away from his lips and drawing in a deep breath of air. She stepped back, putting a little more space between them while she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Lucifer stood a few feet from her, a look of angered confusion on his impossibly gorgeous face.

She narrowed her eyes at him, a few drops of her demon blood spilling through the walls of her control. Not enough to change her, but just enough to give her a fighting chance if something went wrong.

"First off, asshole, I am not your queen. I am, however, very pissed off."

He cocked his head to the side. "My dear, why are you- "

"Are you that fucking clueless?!" Her anger burst forth, demon blood flowing freely through her veins. "You make up so fake-ass marriage agreement that I never signed. I played every one of your stupid man games. I save your damned ass from getting killed. And when I die protecting you and your crown, you do nothing!"

He gave a mocking laugh. "Kara, you must understand. I did try to help you, I only- "

"You only what? Left me there to rot while the others took care of me?" She waved her hand in the direction of the princes. "At least they had enough class and respect to take me back to my room and clean me up while they waited for me to come back. But you? No, I should have guessed that you wouldn't do shit."

His gold eyes narrowed. "I find your attitude towards me lees than appealing. That is not how a queen should act. Especially my queen."

"I'M NOT YOUR GODDAMN QUEEN YOU, STUPID FUCKTARD!" Her eyes blazed red, her nails extending out and her teeth elongating slightly. Ass-kicking time was close at hand.

Her shriek had him stumbling backwards. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as Darian and the others backed up a step as well. Expressions of fear graced every royal face in that room. Honestly, she didn't care that they were frightened, too. All she cared about was getting through Lucifer's thick skull. No wonder God had kicked him out. That man was as stubborn as a rodeo bull.

With a tremendous effort, she pulled back on her demon blood, restraining it enough so that only her eyes remained changed. "Nor will I ever be. You've lied to me, cheated me and almost got me killed. You don't deserve to have anyone as your queen, you selfish, arrogant, worthless piece of sewer-soaked garbage!"

Taken aback for a heartbeat by her insult, Lucifer's face hardened. His eyes narrowed to slit, the gold irises blazing with fire. "You dare to defy me? Me! The one who helped create all of you. The one who allowed you this chance to prove yourself and claim your place among the royals here. I could have left you and your mother out in the Sahara desert to starve! But no. I took the two of you in, cared for you, groomed you for perfection. And this is how you repay me? By insulting my place in Hell and resisting my command? You foolish girl! You are nothing but an animal to me! I will see that the rest of your family, and the generations to come, will live in the gutters of the streets, begging for rotten food and chilled by the rain. Now come here so that we may wed, or face the consequences of invoking my wrath!"

She stood there, stunned and far past furious. His wrath? His wrath?! Of all the people to threaten her, he was the last one who should even try. Her anger exploded inside her, tearing through ever sinew and fiber of her being. With whatever strength she had left, she kept the walls of her control locked tight. No, she wouldn't change yet. Not until she felt she was in eminent danger.

Just able to contain the homicidal rage boiling under her skin, Kara took a deep breath, closed her eyes and focused herself. Taking the bait and losing control was exactly what he wanted, and she'd be damned to fall into his trap. Opening her eyes again, she stared coldly at Hell's king. His enormous black wings had been spread out to their full width, the black feathers shimmering with streaks of indigo and crimson. A magnificent sight, but still an asshole.

The gears in her mind whirled into motion, bringing forth an idea so forceful it nearly frightened her. She smiled in spite of her shock. It may be a horrifyingly morbid idea, but it might be the only chance she had of getting out of this trap alive. She widened her smile an inch, cocked her head to the side and letting the idea stew a little longer.

Lucifer also cocked his head, but his movement was out of confusion. "And your smile is for?" He pulled his massive wing back into themselves, tucking the behind his back.

"Just a thought." Her voice was light, almost playful, and devoid of any indication of the horrific thought that had been birthed in her mind. The calm before the storm.

"We have no time for thoughts, my dear. Plans must be made for our union. Now come." He held out his hand, a look of annoyed expectancy in his eyes.

Still smiling, she shook her head. "No."

Anger began to etch his features again. "Miss Haven, you do realize that if you do not comply, I can and will- "

"Would you like me to use the Hammer on you?"

The statement almost knocked him off his feet. Lucifer froze, his expression cautious. She'd caught him in her own trap, a trap he dared not try to escape. She could almost hear the litany of expletives racing through his mind. Perfect.

"You know I could." She continued to smile at him, knowing it made him all the more uncomfortable. "I may not survive the blast this time, but I'm willing to accept that. I'm sure even death is a hundred time better than being your bride."

Lucifer's jaw nearly hit the floor. Unused to being threatened or commanded, it must have been one hell of a shock to hear this young demon princess make such an audacious statement. But she was willing to make it. Every single one of them knew what kind of damage her Hammer was capable of inflicting, so taking Lucifer down would be easy. Fatal, but easy.

"Take me out and you throw the entire world's balance off. Who knows what could happen if you did that?" She could hear the slightest bit of fear in his majestic voice.

"I know. And I also know I'd probably die for good if I did it again. And then what would you do? Both sides would be in complete chaos, no one could blame you for their misdeeds and you'd be out a princess. How much would that suck?" Her sarcastic tone made the words cut just a little deeper.

His face became a stone. "I will not allow that to happen. I have spent far too long building my empire for you to simply tear it down."

She shrugged. "Well, then I guess that means you lose this one."

He stood there for a moment, speechless. She, meanwhile, was preparing herself for both courses of action: Fight and die, or have him concede defeat and walk away. Since she'd died once already -- an experience that wasn't as horrifying as she'd imagined it being -- Kara felt no fear in dying again. Even if she did, she'd be with her mother in a place of piece and quiet. She'd miss her lovers, yes. But they would recover and so would she. They would find new lovers and she'd finally find happiness.

"Very well, then." Lucifer's clenched-teeth hiss startled her back into reality. "You may have your choice of husband. Besides, it's not like I can't find another to be my bride. You were simply the prettiest and strongest of those I could choose from."

She gave him a stern sideways glance, still not trusting a word he said. "I don't believe you."

He raised one perfectly formed eyebrow. "No?"

"Not a chance. If I'm going to take your word for anything, I need a pact first."

He sighed, pulling back and crossing his arms over his chest. "A pact with whom?"

"Not who. What. You want me to believe you enough to not smoke your ass here and now? You swear by the river Styx that I am not bound to be your queen, that you will do no harm to me or any of my family - including my husband, lovers and children - and that I have free reign of choosing my mate." Her eyes, now back to normal, pierced through to his tiny black heart.