Date with Destiny-Demon Style Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His face scrunched up in a grimace of pain. He'd already made two oaths on the Styx for her, and he wasn't too excited about doing it again. But he knew as well as she did that making one last vow was the only chance he had of saving his ass from being burnt to a crisp.

He sighed dramatically, still speaking through clenched teeth. "Very well. I swear on the river Styx that you are no longer obligated to be my queen, that you may have full control of whom you decide to marry, and that neither you, your children or any of your lovers will find harm by my hand. Are you satisfied?"

She looked up for a moment, making an agonizing show of thinking about it. Finally, she smiled at him. "Yes, I am satisfied. Now get your old sorry ass out of here before I decide I'm not."

"You do realize that there is no point in you trying to command me. I am older than even this world we stand on. I created all of this with my own hands." He scowled at her, golden eyes blazing. "You my, dear, are nothing more than a privileged, self-righteous half-breed whose only notable reputations are for complete destruction and the massive consumption of hot dogs. You are nothing compared to any of the players in this game."

"And you are an insignificant disgraced fallen angel who holds no more of a rank in this world than a terminal case of bowel cancer. Now be gone, Crypt Keeper!" She waved her hand at him, a dismissive gesture that was sure to piss him off even more.

Shock crossed over his features, the anger in his eyes returning. He began to raise his hand as if to strike out at her.

She thrust one finger out, waving it back and forth. "Ah, ah, ah. You took an oath. Strike at me and your world turns to shit."

Furious but beaten, Lucifer lowered his hand, glaring at her with rage-filled eyes. She grinned at him, rubbing in her victory. It wasn't often that Lucifer conceded defeat to another, and she wasn't about to let him forget it. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, then opened them, a look of peacefulness on his face. She supposed that since he'd made the oath and knew she wouldn't hesitate using her Hammer on him, Lucifer had only begrudgingly accepted his failure in this campaign. He executed a perfect bow, though he managed to look up at her with a look that could have set fire to the entire place.

She watched his carefully as he backed away, finally stopping when his wings were pressed against the wall. Standing to his full height, he leaned back against the smooth marble, staring daggers at her but saying nothing. Defeated, yes. Humble, no.

Fine. He could sulk there if he wanted to. She'd cleared that air with him. Now she had to return her focus to the men who had taken care of her this whole time. She turned to face them, taking in the looks of shock and pride, along with barely-held-back smiles. Clearly, most of them found her telling Lucifer off hilarious.

She smiled back, and clasped her hands together. "Okay, now back to business."

Some of them exchanged glances of confusion. The twins stared at each other, then turned their gazes to her.

"What...exactly is the business, Kara?" Riordan cocked his head to one side. Tristan mirrored his action, making her think of those creepy Tweedel-Dee and Tweedle- Dum creatures from Alice in Wonderland.

She chewed her lip. 'Well, since I've had a chance with all of you, I suppose I choose my husband. Right?"

"Kara." Lucifer's voice, low and filled with warning, broke into her mind.

She wheeled on him, cobalt eyes narrowed in anger. "NO! We'll do it here and now, God damn it!"

He jerked back an inch out of surprise, then hung his head and sulked. She wasn't anywhere near PMSing, but he knew well enough that now was not the time to piss her off.

She gave a sharp nod. "Good. Now then..." She turned back to her suitors. "Are we all good for this? Is everyone okay if we just do this now and get it over with?"

A second of silence, followed by all six of her eligible princes nodding their heads in agreement. She had a chance with every one of them, so it was only fair that she got to finally pick the one she wanted. The one she wanted, damn it.

She smiled again. "Okay, so....could you guys line up please?"

All of the immediately scrambled into an uneven line. They stood shoulder-to-shoulder in no particular order, but each of them was intent on both getting her attention and giving his opponents a fair chance as well. Thankfully, most of them had become something of friends over the course of this whole shit-fest.

She scanned them with her eyes, memories of her nights with each of them suddenly bubbling up to the surface. She smiled at those images her heart had locked away, reminded of the happiness she'd felt with each one of them. As she looked them over, she became confident that no matter which prince she chose, he would be an excellent choice.

Prince...Not princes.

She could only pick one. That was a rule that had bee drawn up long before any of these silly rituals had been started. She could only have one husband to with whom she could have children. Which meant that while she loved them all, only one could come out the victor while the others had to sit back, stewing in disappointment as they watched her be happy with her husband.

Her heart dropped. She hated - absolutely loathed -- to break any man's heart, even if it was for a good reason. As much as she wanted to abide by the rules and pick only one of them, her soul quivered at the thought of disappointing the others. They were all viable choices for her, and she'd hate to see the others disheartened. She chewed her lip, now uncertain of her next move.

Ladrian's voice floated into her mind at that exact moment: It's been agreed with all of us that even if Lucifer marries you, the rest of us get to be consorts.

Well, duh.

Her eyes suddenly brightened at the thought. Of course! That was a perfect fix!

"Okay..." She scanned the faces one last time, flicking through her memories of each before pointing her finger at her choice. "Darian."

She watched as a look of shock crossed over his face, perfectly matching the others. Slowly, a smile spread across his lips, breaking out into a full-blown grin. She smiled back, crooking her finger to call him up. He moved cautiously at first, his eyes flicking to the side to watch a still-sulking Lucifer glaring at him. Sure that his master wouldn't move against him, Darian rushed forward, breaking just inches away from her face.

Reaching out, he cupped her face in his hands and pulled her forward catching her in a searing kiss that melted her bones. Hear heart skipped, signaling that she had made a good choice. Cannibal has he was, Darian had proven himself many times over by saving and defending her, as well as being a damn good lover.

Good job, self. Now fix it for the rest of them.

Breaking away from the kiss, she smiled at her new husband-to-be. He smiled back while his eyes shifted colors frantically, as if he was too excited to settle on just one hue. She giggled to herself. He was just as excited as she was.

Out of the corner of her eye, she watched the other princes sulk and hang their heads. She knew that, as happy as they were for their friend, each of them had wanted to have been the luck one to win her. Disheartened, some of them turned to walk away, making their way back to their own rooms to console their hurt feelings.

She panicked, fearing that she had taken too long. Quickly, she turned to Darian.

"Do you remember, when Lucifer tried to make me marry him, that little clause he put in the agreement? The one that said I could still have you as a lover even though I would be married?" Her eyes were wide, trying to convey the urgency of the situation.

"Yes. Why do you- oh." His eyes, finally settling on an icy blue, flicked to the other princes.

She chewed her lip, her eyes soft and apologetic. "Darian, I love you, I really do. But I don't want to just let the others go."

But his attention wasn't on her. His eyes were fixed on the others, watching them as they slowly made their way out of the hallway. His features creased for a moment, his eyes squinting in concentration. Horrifically long seconds later, he turned back to her and smiled.

"As long as you keep Lyzander under control, I don't care."

"All of them?"

Smiling, he shrugged. "Whatever makes you happy. You've fought harder than all of us just to marry one prince. If you want them all, go for it." He pulled her close, his breath tickling her ear. "Just remember that you're mine first."

She squeaked and threw her arms around his neck, kissing him fiercely. A heartbeat later, she pulled away, smiled, then turned to the dispersing princes.

"Hey, wait a minute! Come back here!"

All of them paused, turning slowly to face her, expressions of confusion on their faces. Out of the corner of her eye, Lucifer's head had snapped up, his eyes narrowing cautiously.

"Get back here! I have something for you." She motioned them to come.

She watched as they looked at each other, confused beyond comprehension. Despite the new wrench in the system, they turned and walked back, stopping a few feet away. A sea of eyes -- black, blue, green-grey and blue-gold -- watched her intensely, waiting for her to answer their numerous questions.

She smiled and took a deep breath. "Do all of you remember that lover's clause when Lucifer first drew up my marriage proposal?"

They nodded, Lyzander and the twins narrowing their eyes in confusion.

"That clause stated that I could have any of you as lovers even though I would have been married, right?"

They nodded again. Only Ladrian, standing on the far right and out of everyone else's field of vision, made any notable movements. His coal-black eyes widened, a slow smile crossing his lips. He'd figured it out. She just had to explain it to the others, and the best way to do that was to avoid drawn-out details and just spit it out.

"So I'm engaged to Darian, now. And I'm going to initiate that same design. Show of hands. Who's still interested in that idea?"

A second of absolute silence followed her question. All at once, four hands fired into the air, all of them straining to be the highest. Clearly, all of them were interested. All except Parthos, which she was fine with. He had stepped back, allowing the others the chance they deserved. He'd make a much better lover for Julie than herself.

Note to self: When it's Julie's time to do this, make sure you recommend him. He deserves a good word put in more than anyone.

She smiled to herself. Well this was good news. At least she had the ones she wanted. Ladrian would be easy to handle, and the twin could help keep Lyzander in line. As for Memnon and Helion, they could fuck themselves. Their attitudes alone wouldn't get them into any woman's pants, let alone hers. Not that their behavior bothered her; she would have denied them anyway. Having a spoiled brat and a philandering asshole as lovers would just make her lose her mind.

Giving a soft laugh, she stepped forward and walked up to each of them, kissing them all in turn. They kissed her back, deep, passionate kisses that solidified the bonds that had been forming for weeks. She didn't care who had her first or when they decided to start. She was just happy she could have them all. Her children would be Darian's, but her body could be shared by all. She shivered inside of herself. What a titillating thought that was.

When she had finished kissing them, she turned to watch Lucifer. Hell's ruler was still leaning against the wall, massive wings spreading around him like an ink cape. His face was turned away, but she could see a small glint of gold in the corner of his eye. Figures. He didn't wan her seeing him, but he wanted to watch her.

Se sighed internally. There was no getting through to him, no matter how hard she tried. Still, maybe there was one way to keep him in line. Taking quick, light steps, she made her way over to the fallen angel, stopping just inches away. She reached out, cupping one side of his face and turning it sharply so he could look at her. Smiling, she closed her eyes, leaned in and gave him a short but sweet kiss on his lips.

Pulling back, she silently reveled in the shock on his face, she admitted that seeing him so confused and unbalanced made her feel strong and in control, but she would never say that aloud.

"That was for giving me my freedom to choose."

A scoffing smile flashed across his features. "You are welcome, princess." His tone was condescending, reminding her of her place.

Her smile fell. Quickly, she cocked her arm back, spread her hand and smacked him across the face. Once again, she rejoiced in the look of pure surprise in his eyes.

"And that was for being an asshole." She stepped back and straightened her shirt. "There. We're even now."

Without waiting for his response, she turned on her toes and made her way back to the group of princes. Darian had joined them now, standing among friends and rivals with a look of pure joy. The rest mirrored his expression, satisfied that even though they may not be able to claim her as their bride, she was still theirs.

She walked to the middle of the group, extending her arms out and wrapping them around the shoulders of the nearest two princes. Darian and Lyzander happened to be the luck two.

"Who wants breakfast? I've been dead for three days and I am starving!" She turned to look at Parthos. Though not technically not part of her group of lovers, he had nonetheless stayed with her group to show his support. "You think you could make something? I don't care what. I just want food."

The eyeless demon smiled and nodded. "I would be happy to, my princess." He turned and began to make his way to the kitchen.

She looked over her shoulder at him. "Make it good and I'll tell you what Julie looks like naked!"

He bolted for the massive double doors that led to the kitchen, not bothering to close it behind him.

Laughing, she turned her attention back to the others. They were staring after Parthos, some of them with slight smiles on their faces. Her stomach growled, making her remember her body's main focus. Sex with any of them would come later. For now, food came first. Crooking her finger, she turned and began making her way towards the door herself, the princes crowding around her as they followed.

"Amazing how you could make him move like that." Of all of them, Ladrian's smile was by far the biggest.

She shrugged. "You going to tell me a naked woman never motivated you to do anything faster?"

His eyes met hers. "Never. One in particular almost killed me, though."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Do tell."
"I know how this story goes." Darian smile had grown as well. "Once upon a time there was a princess. She was beautiful and intelligent, but too strong for her own good. Some crazy lady tries to kill her and the men she loves. So she saves the princes, dies and gives them all a giant headache. She wakes up, though, but she- "

A strong elbow to the ribs silenced him, though he smiled through the discomfort and kissed the top of her head.

As they walked towards the kitchen, Kara was left to wonder what her life would be like now. She'd chosen her prince, but had kept four others as lovers. She would have Darian's children, all of whom would end up being half cannibal and half whatever the hell she was. And that was fine by her. The rest, especially the twins, could now have the freedom to do whatever they wanted with her. And, oh, the things she could imagine doing with them. She giggled to herself. This was going to be so much damn fun.

Now if she could just figure out who she wanted to sleep with first.

* * *

Two Years, Nine Months and Sixteen Days Later

"I'm nervous." Her voice was shaky, brimming with fear and concern.

"Relax. You'll be just fine." Speaking through a mouth full of bobby pins, Kara continued to comb out the stubborn tangles of the girl's hair, being careful not to yank too hard. "Just keep your eyes straight ahead. Answer slowly and clearly. And honestly. They'll know if you're lying."

Julie nodded nervously, taking a deep breath and exhaling loudly. She closed her eyes, pools of crystal blue rimmed with silvery shadow.

"Oh, and when you're answering Lucifer, don't look away. Ever. That will just make everyone think you're too scared to handle being a Hellion."

Kara watched the girl's reflection in the vanity mirror, taking in high cheekbones, a wide mouth and delicate brows framed by a perfect oval face. Her skin was darker than her own, a light tan tinting her flesh. The color of her skin perfectly accentuated the silver scrollwork that framed her face. Overall, Julie had turned out to be quite the looker. Just like her mother, really.

Continuing to brush the tangles out, Kara felt an enormous wave of sympathy for the girl. The marriage rite was difficult for every female half-breed. Hell, hers hade been fucking insane. But it must have been especially hard for Julie. Her mother had been killed by a drunk driver just months before her initiation, which left her with no one to lead her. Luckily, Kara had been there to save the day, stepping up to coach the young bookworm whom she had loved like a sister for eighteen long years.

"There. That's done." She gathered up Julie's long chocolate-brown hair and started pinning thick sections back with the pins. "C'mon, Julie. Smile. This is a big day for you."

The girl's lips turned up at the corners, but Kara could still see the anxiety and uncertainty in her eyes. Julie had dreaded this day since she'd learned about it. The fact that she was now just a few minutes away from beginning her own journey wasn't helping her anxiety much.

Julie's eyes flicked up to the mirror, her face flushing as she took in the silver scrollwork that framed her eyes and speared down her cheeks. Each of the half-blood daughters had a similar design that marked their lineage, though the colors and designs differed for each. Hers was a striking silver design that looped in and around itself, showing off her delicate eyebrows; Kara's was a blood-red filigree that accentuated her high cheekbones. That mark, as obnoxious as it may be to look at, signified her place in Hell's hierarchy and allowed her the rare chance to choose her own path. Without that, she wouldn't have had any choice who her husband would be.

Pinning the last of Julie's hair into place, Kara stepped back and put her hands on her hips, admiring her work. A tight bun wrapped in tiny braids with thin strands of hair left free to add a little movement. Not the most picture-perfect execution, but it was a far cry from her prom disaster. At least Kara managed to keep all of Julie's hair in place. The poor girl's mother couldn't even work a blow dryer. Here and now, though, Julie looked every bit the princess she was.

Her dress matched the formality of the occasion. Kara had seen to that herself. Literally shoving Julie's assistants out of the way, she had rifled through the racks of clothing until she settled on a black floor-length crushed velvet gown with a deep neckline and straps that crossed in the back.

She had slipped it over Julie's slender form, using a gold rope belt to pull the waist in. The poor girl was shorter and thinner than most princesses, standing only five and a half feet tall, which meant the dress had to be hemmed at the last minute to keep it from looking ridiculous. But the end result would be more than adequate for the occasion. She looked like a princess. Now she just had to have the confidence of one.

She stepped forward and gripped the back of Julie's chair, spinning it around so her protégé faced her. She reached over and pulled a tissue from the box on the end table.