All Comments on 'Dating Ellen -- My Best Friend's Mom'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
Diecast1Diecast14 months ago

Love the story. It was well written. AAAAAA++++++

CreekmanCreekman4 months ago

Loved the story and am really happy to see you writing again!

Southpaw1430Southpaw14304 months ago

Excellent! Thanks.

bigbob2406bigbob24064 months ago

Great story, thanks very much !!

opklompenopklompen4 months ago

Good to see you are wrting again

AmbulAmbul4 months ago

Wonderful love story. Well-drawn and developed characters and totally believable context.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved the reaction and growth in Jake after his mother fall in love with his best friend.

wmjm54wmjm544 months ago

One of the most believable best friend's mother stories I've read on here.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent story!

bjl257bjl2574 months ago

Great story . Only 431 to Go !

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDiesel4 months ago

I really enjoyed the slow relationship build. Very well told. Happy Valentine’s Day. 5 Hearts.

WalterWoodyWalterWoody4 months ago

I read it earlier, but wanted to come back and comment; this story is the poster child for having a loving, romantic story that still has hot, sexy scenes in it. Many writers act like it has to be one or the other, and you made a great story that definitely has both!

WoodencavWoodencav4 months ago

Awesome storey! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thumper94Thumper944 months ago

A little too perfect to be realistic

Seahorsey1970Seahorsey19704 months ago

Glad yo see you posting again. Love your

Writing

BGHillmanBGHillman4 months ago

What a beautiful read!!

BGHillmanBGHillman4 months ago

I second Walter Woodys comment. I was thinking along the same lines but he worded it perfectly!!

LiteroCat1147LiteroCat11474 months ago

Really fun to read. Thank you for your careful writing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comentarista82Comentarista824 months ago

I'll admit that this is the first type of story of this kind that I've ever read here. It is certainly the best one I could have imagined, and it's obvious you planned this one carefully. Certainly, you executed every element in a organized fashion and except for some exceptionally few grammatical errors, there's nothing to detract from the story.

***

I will inject some realism here at this point: basically, most relationships aren't much over the 10-year age gap; to really push it beyond 13-15 years is something that statistically I haven't found anything to back that up. However, the statistics for couples with a gap more than 10 years is only 8%. The ideal, according to Bride's magazine, is about 3 years. Now personally, while age is partly just a number, it has to be something that both partners can resolve together. Both certainly have to commit to knowing each other well, knowing what their differences are, and certainly knowing what things they share in common. I personally know of two age-gap relationships over 10 years: one is a lady that married a man 15 years older; both seem very happy. In another case, the woman went after a younger guy, that was still in college; in fact she was 31, about to be 32.. and he had just turned 19. What's interesting about this is that his older brother married somebody that was only about three or four years older than he was, and they royally crashed and burned! In contrast, the younger brother and the older woman are still going strong and also had two or three children. So, as long as both are committed to making it work, talking it out, and then trying to resolve any differences.. it can work. I felt like you took something that would not normally work- - remember the 8% statistic - - and ironed it out to where it was exceptionally plausible and possible. They both talked about everything that they should have, they learned about each other, and they were responsible with all that information. In the end it's obvious to me that you crafted a lovely story that's believable and responsibly written. I have to say that I was kind of surprised, because the only real conflict was with his buddy.. and his outburst was very predictable. However, it only made sense that he would have come around, because there's really not anything in this relationship that breaks a taboo, nor breaks any societal norm. They just talked about it, and they made it all work.

***

I compliment you on a very well thought-out piece, one that you planned and executed well, with appropriate pacing, and anticipation of some of the most likely roadblocks to that relationship. Now obviously the timing in terms of Ellen perhaps being in the hospital and delivering on Valentine's Day is an obvious catch, it's nothing to write home about either. I seriously can't find a single thing that seriously derails the narrative in any way whatsoever.. so I very happily rated a 5, without any reservations! Thank you very much for your submission.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246014 months ago

Half way through this piece I wasn’t sure it was a love story or a real estate deal. I am a fan of the slow burn, but a slow burn requires some heat, which there was none until about the 45% mark.

I’ve been an educator at the secondary and university level my entire career and I’ve never run across an undergrad this mature, focused and forward planning. And I’m glad I haven’t. He seems to have been born at 46.

The rest was fairy tale.

BoxcarbillBoxcarbill4 months ago

Well written and the story line just flowed naturally.

bustmypunyballsbustmypunyballs4 months ago

Loved the story, hope there is a part 2.

IveBignuttsIveBignutts4 months ago

This story is an absolute "gem of a story". I usually call it a "smart story" ... well planned and thought out, it has drama, it has love and passion, family values and of course, but not least, great erotic moments. I would definitely vote this one as best Valentine's Day story of the year ... hands down. Well done !

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked the story, but you come off as a persnickety oaf at times. I highly doubt that any passionate older woman might be attracted to that for long. In that regard, it doesn't have a natural feel. The characters, otherwise, were good. The heavy petting at the club events, had a real feel. MILF's generally want to get laid first, then figure out the details later! I have known a few "Ellens"

mathur_nkmathur_nk4 months ago
This can go in Romance

This can go in Romance

the story is so great it can go in romance. except for their first sex, it is all non erotic romance. no kink of liking MILF or young studs. just lovers of different age handled so maturely with three generations together. probably a councellors story

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass3 months ago

Exceptional story. Usually a "best friend's mom" story gets down to the sex, but never a long-term relationship to include marriage. You handled that part exceedingly well. Five stars. Good luck in the contest.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson3 months ago

Sweet story. *****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Happy endings seem to so rare these days. Your story could easily be in romance.

susangreenwaysusangreenway3 months ago

You've done a nice job. This is a delightful story and while it is romantic, there's also wonderful sex.

Larryadkison12Larryadkison123 months ago

Great story, great build up and even greater ending!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I really liked it. Only criticism is that they, and especially him, were kind of pedantic in discussion of their issues and future. They were in love! It's supposed to be fun (while also being serious). Really liked that they are monogamous, especially since I see that all the author's other stories seem to entail group sex. I was not inclined to check those out, but now maybe I will, just to see how he handles those relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well written and nicely balanced romantic story with no excesses. It is definitely in my top 5.

Mike9947Mike99479 days ago

Really brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Loved it. A great romance story that's more about the relationship journey instead of focusing on the destination. True love. And no sharing nonsense or anything like that. Truly something to be envied.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...