All Comments on 'Daughters of the Diaspora'

by Mogrem

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
MogremMogremabout 1 month agoAuthor

Your thoughts, criticisms, or your ideas for sequels would be much appreciated. Shall I continue this into a series this vein, or branch it out into less domination-focused vignettes centering around the diaspora?

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandabout 1 month ago

An unusual but enjoyable read. The story presents nonstop decadence in many different short scenes. I'm not sure what larger point the story is making, though. I hope it's not, "Formerly affluent immigrants from central Europe are all icky people."

.

I WOULD like to see the tale(s) continue as a series. An obvious move the author might make is to start CONNECTING the various characters and plot strands introduced here, one to another. In the current chapter, by itself, I feel I haven't gotten to know any character enough to start caring much about her.

.

The story has a few mechanical errors, but the style, grammar, and mechanics are well above the Literotica average, which I appreciate. Overall, I'd say a little above 4* for this chapter, and I hope to read more of the tale in the near future.

MogremMogremabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thank you Peter. The theme is a loose one. An excuse to explore the idea of people going from being at the top of the pyramid to finding themselves at the bottom. If I think of any actual character arcs then I could connect them up. Right now I, like you, haven't gotten to know any of them well enough to care.

I can assure you its saying nothing about any particular people, especially not from central Europe as the 'old country' is described as being in Asia. Its not deep enough to be making a larger point. Central Asia is chosen simply because it has a the largest number of countries which in recent decades have had or one can imagine having a suitable revolution, such as the various colour revolutions in post-Soviet countries. But the inspiration comes from old 17th--19th century European aristocracies mostly, so it might seem a little of fashioned if any of that comes through.

MogremMogremabout 1 month agoAuthor

Anyone who wants more, or thinks these scenarios are improbable, would do well to read accounts from Ancien Regime Europe. Venice, Paris, London, the convents and monasteries. It was another world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Honestly I want more on each of these little snippets, most of them could make for a great full story

MogremMogremabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thanks Anon. Spinning one or more of them off into a chapter on their own is an option.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Very interesting, nice concept. You are brilliant. Totally enjoyed reading.

MogremMogrem12 days agoAuthor

Thanks Anon!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMogrem@Mogrem
I am interested in women giving up control, pushing their boundaries, or having them pushed. If that grabs you I'd suggest starting with 'Submissive and Breedable', 'Lisa and Polly', or 'The Sculptor'. It gets somewhat less wholesome after that. Some stories are scratching a...