Daughters of the Moon Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sophia laid down next to her and gently stroked her body. Siobhan didn't bother to push her away. There wasn't a point anymore.

"Oh, my love. My precious Mara. Soon we'll be together again. Forever."

Siobhan blinked. When Sophia had called her Mara she had known it wasn't true. Sophia's compulsion was gone. Taking in Sophia's power had broken the chains binding her mind. And if Sophia's control was broken, it was possible Adrian's was as well.

Her hand closed around the knife hilt once again.

Siobhan gathered her strength and prepared herself. She knew this was her last chance to deny Sophia's grip on her. She tensed, preparing to strike Sophia, one last act of defiance, and then plunge the knife into her heart.

Then she hesitated. In a frozen moment she realized that she didn't want to die. Her people lived on stories of sacrifice and glorious death in battle, but she had lost brothers and cousins to war and all it gave her was loss and sorrow. In the end, she knew her death was still a victory for the vampires. If she died, she was denying the vampires their prize, but they were still destroying her as much as if Sophia molded her into a mockery of her dead love.

And then there was Gwen. A day ago she would have said being turned was worse than death. You were still dead and only your body lived on, a shell ridden by some soulless creature to torment those that still lived. But Gwen was so obviously still herself, still struggling every day to be happy and free, just as Siobhan had her whole life. If Gwen could be turned and not lose herself to her curse, maybe Siobhan could too. And she wanted the chance, she wanted to try.

Siobhan's hand tightened on the hilt of the dagger as Sophia laid next to her and stroked her body gently, waiting for the change to take her. If she was going to let this happen she needed some way to break Sophia's hold on her. Some way to prevent Sophia from wiping her away before she could define her new existence. Her mind raced wildly. She didn't know how long she had before the change would begin. In a last act of desperation she prayed to the crow mother for a sign.

She didn't know if her prayers were answered, but out of nowhere she remembered Gwen complaining about her hair.

She pulled out the knife and sat up, shoving Sophia away. She brought the knife to her face and with quick, sure movements based on long practice she cut three vertical lines in her right cheek. She made sure to cut deep and pain flared as the knife sliced her skin to the bone. Sophia sat up just after she finished and stared at her, eyes widening in horror

"What are you doing? Stop!" Sophia's voice rang with the power of the command.

Sophia's compulsion began to settle around her but then melted away. Siobhan didn't know if the same thing that broke Sophia's hold on her prevented her from issuing more commands, if she had thrown off the chains with her last burst of will, or if the crow mother had reached down and sheltered her, but Sophia's magic did not take hold. The ancient vampire could only stare in disbelief as Siobhan cut three matching lines in her left cheek, one for each aspect of the goddess.

Then she threw down the knife and stared at Sophia with all the pride and defiance she could muster.

"What have you done? Those scars will never go away."

"Good. Now every time you look at me you will know I am not your dead love. I am Siobhan Arda Tibernack, Daughter of Morgen, and I will never be yours."

Sophia was shocked into complete stillness for a moment, then her face contorted with rage, "You tricked me. You stole my blood from me, just as my ungrateful whelp of a granddaughter stole Mara's blood from her."

"I did no such thing. I showed you the truth. Adrian is the one that tricked you."

Her face went smooth, "Adrian?"

"Yes, he gave me to you as a trap. He knew I was sent by the gods to torment you. He knew your blood would lead you into obsession, and he hoped that obsession would make you beholden to him forever. You would forsake your duties to your house, your responsibilities to your blood, all for the chance to get your dead love back. Adrian said it was pathetic."

Sophia closed her eyes for a few long moments, still completely, unnaturally still.

"He was right. This was pathetic."

Then Sophia opened her eyes. Her face was calm and her eyes were haunted.

"It seems I have wronged you greatly and I owe you much. You have saved me from myself."

"I agree," said Siobhan.

Sophia stood, went to her wardrobe and began to dress herself, "I take it Gwen sought you out, and that you two became friends."

Siobhan gathered the blanket on the bed around her. She didn't want Sophia to see her body for one moment longer.

"You could say that."

Sophia nodded, "I will send her to you, to help you through your transition. And she may act as your sire in my stead. You will have my full support and I will acknowledge you as part of the house, but I have no wish to see you otherwise and would request you keep your distance."

"That shouldn't be a problem."

Sophia finished dressing and walked to the entrance of the tent. She stopped with her back to Siobhan, "I... am sorry. I hope you can find some measure of happiness, and I will do whatever I can to help."

"I appreciate the apology, and thank you for your support."

And with that Sophia left the tent

Siobhan stared at the entrance to the tent for a moment, mind reeling from what had happened. She took a step towards the entrance, wondering if she should simply try to escape, but then she felt the blood stir in the first hints of her transformation. It wasn't what she expected. There was no pain, no sense she was being sullied. Instead, it felt like a lover had caressed her stomach. She made a small shocked sound and rubbed her thighs together. Her stomach received another caress, a gentle kiss, and she dropped to her knees and began to pray. She wasn't sure if it was even possible to hold back her transformation at this point, but holding on to her humanity as long as she could, honoring the gods who had given her the strength to fight, was the proper way to end this ordeal. As the caresses began to spread up her torso and down to her clit she began the prayer of battle to the Morgen asking for strength.

Morgen, Lady of war and battle,

Your wisdom is like a blade,

Cutting, sharp, piercing.

But it is also a blade held ready to defend.

A sword to protect what is held dear,

What is loved, what is just.

May I be a blade in your hand.

May I be tempered with your wisdom.

May I be victorious against the challenges I face.

Then she prayed to the Father, for his sheltering hand to protect her from corruption

Father, ruler of heaven, of the holy Name.

I submit to your word,

Give me food and shelter

Forgive my sins against you

Protect me from temptation

And save me from corruption

You will rule in power and glory

For all time. Amen.

She repeated these two prayers, one after the other, as the thrill of the blood spread and intensified. It moved up her body and over her limbs, embracing her with a song of power. Then, suddenly, there was something new, she really did feel the temptation she was begging the Father to protect her from. It was strangely aimless. Sophia's blood was asking her to do something, but she wasn't sure what it was. As she felt the temptation a surge of guilt came with it. She knew giving in to the blood would be the deepest blasphemy, it would make a mockery of the prayers she was repeating. The cadence of her prayers faltered for a moment but then she took them up again. She refused to listen to the whispers of the blood even as the temptation to do so grew, she refused to enjoy the blood's caresses even as they became more insistent. She felt wetness dripping between her legs and smelled her own arousal as the pleasure deepened. It felt like she was being eaten out by her lover at the height of their passion. She maintained deep, steady breaths and didn't stop praying.

"Siobhan," said Gwen, her voice coming from behind her, at the tent's entrance.

Siobhan's prayers faltered and the tension in her groin and stomach redoubled, she made a small pained noise.

"Gwen," said Siobhan, her voice was a strained whisper.

She heard Gwen walking towards her.

"What happened, are you okay? I've never seen grandm..."

Then Gwen was in front of her and saw the deep cuts on her face.

"Oh my god. What happened?"

"I..." she took a pained breath as the temptation rose and the guilt surged "...I made it so she would always know I wasn't Mara."

Gwen stared at her face and then began to laugh wildly. It was a pure strong laugh of delight. "Holy shit, that's amazing. That is so fucking badass."

Siobhan laughed and when she did the blood sloshed in her gut, sending sparks of sensation shooting through her limbs, her laugh trailed off into a pained moan.

"Don't make me laugh. It makes it hard to hold on. I'm trying to hold it back as long as i can."

Gwen sucked in her lips, "You can't... you can't stop it now. It's too late."

"I know... I know, but..." she closed her eyes as the wet heat of the blood surged through her, "...oh ... I have to hold out as long as I can. I vowed to never stop fighting."

"Siobhan..." Gwen reached for her face and then stopped, touching her arm, "...you... you fought as hard as you could and you won. You've won! You defied my grandmother and Adrian, two of the most powerful blooded in the world. Anyone who understands what you've done will be awed. I'm in awe right now. But now you're just tormenting yourself for no reason. You've fought long enough. Let me help you."

Siobahn's stomach roiled with a flex of tight electric desire. The temptation rose to kiss Gwen, to chew off her face. The guilt at her desires made her cringe, she felt utterly loathsome. The dissonance between the delight of her body and the pain in her mind made her nauseous.

"Ohhh gods. Oh gods... alright. Alright, Gwen. Help me, please."

"Here, let's get you to the bed."

Gwen got her arm around her and helped her up. A surge of the blood felt like someone was flicking her clit, pressing into her g-spot, and her legs gave out. Gwen picked her up in her arms, carried her to the bed and laid her on her back. Then Gwen unwrapped the blanket she had used to cover herself.

Siobhan covered her body, her shame rising at her sudden nakedness, "What are you doing?"

"This will help."

Gwen started running her hands over Siobhan's body. Gwen's hands roamed across her stomach and breasts, over her thighs and her neck. Siobhan's skin was so sensitive that Gwen's hands left trails of pins and needles on her skin.

"Ohhh. Oh my god."

"Feels good?"

"Yes, yes it feels so good. So good. This shouldn't feel good."

"Don't worry about that. Just relax and take deep breaths."

She did as Gwen told her and took deep, calming breaths. Her guilt began to recede. The temptation was still there but it felt gentler somehow. An offer to make love on a warm spring evening rather than tear the world apart. The blood calmed at Gwen's touch. The pleasure became a warm embrace, gently loving her as she was changed.

But still she hesitated, there was a deep well of guilt and sorrow coiled inside her. When she thought of giving in those regrets twisted her guts in knots

"Before we went to fight, I spent the night with my love," said Siobhan. Her voice was a harsh whisper.

"Yes?"

"And we talked about the future. We were going to go south, get married, have children..." The pleasure roiled in her, and she flexed, running a hand over her breast and taking a few sharp breaths "... now ...ahhhh...it's all gone. I've lost everything."

Gwen's hand stroked her ruined cheek and Siobhan leaned into it.

"I'm sorry. Losing that is hard but we'll find your girl and you can make a new future together."

Siobhan gasped as the blood massaged her stomach, sending tight shivers of pleasure through her, "You really think so?" Her voice was desperate, tight and high pitched.

"I know it."

"I don't want to lose myself, Gwen. I can't..."

Gwen stroked her belly And the blood curled in her, sending bliss through her limbs.

"...oohhh... oh..."

Gwen leaned down and kissed her forehead, then she put her lips to her Siobhan's ear and whispered, "You won't. The blood can tempt you but it can't change who you are. You're the strongest person I know and I'll always be there for you."

The blood sank into her, suffusing every limb. She felt herself changing in ways she couldn't describe. Her cheeks tingled and when she ran a hand over her face the deep cuts had become smooth old scars. She looked at her hand and as she watched as it grew pale, shining like marble. Her entire body flexed with delight at her transformation.

"Oh no, oh... oh gods."

Siobhan's lips peeled back as pressure grew in her jaw. She ran her tongue over her teeth and felt the sharp point of a fang. She panted as the blood in her stomach wound her up tight, filling with tension.

"Gods forgive me."

"It's okay, you're okay. Just let go."

The temptation rose like the wave they said would drown the world. Siobhan arched her back, almost rising off the bed, gasping as the urges became too much. One hand crushed Gwen's wrist as she quivered, on the edge of something profound.

"There you go."

Siobhan surrendered, she gave into what was inside her. As she did she climaxed with an intensity she had never known before. She screamed like she was dying, like she was giving birth. It felt like both at once and so much more. The joy of it was beyond simple physical pleasure. She dissolved into rapture as she was remade. As she did she felt the deep, forbidden satisfaction of indulging in sin. She felt something twist in her, something change irrevocably that she couldn't define, and she gloried in it. Slowly the orgasm receded and she flopped onto the bed, her breathing hard and ragged, until finally she felt one last burst of terrible loss, and then all sensation receded.

...

Siobhan's eyes opened and she sat up. She was in another tent she didn't recognize. She put a hand to her chest, taking stock of herself. She was wearing a simple cotton night shirt that was obviously meant for someone much shorter than her. She looked at her arm; it was pale and smooth, even her moles looked lighter. She breathed in and held her breath, ran her tongue over her teeth and felt the sharp points of her fangs. She touched her face and felt the slight ridges of her scars on each cheek. Then she realized she didn't feel cold or hot. Her sense of temperature was gone.

Despair flooded her. She remembered the last moment of her transformation, the transcendent joy combined with terrible loss, the moment she indulged in sin and felt the gods forsake her.

"Siobhan!"

Then Gwen was there. She must have seen the pain on Siobhan's face because her eyes went wide.

"It's okay, you're safe. This is my tent."

"No. No, no, no. I shouldn't have done it."

Gwen started moving toward her.

"I promise it'll be okay. I'll help you through this."

"I was wrong. I could have ended it. I should have used the knife..."

Gwen ran to her and knelt beside her.

"No, please don't say that. You can have a life. All of us can, together."

Gwen crushed her in a hug.

"I know this can work," she whispered.

Siobhan squeezed her back feeling her anxiety recede. She felt the need of the woman in front of her and wanted to be there for her.

Gwen pulled back. "Let's... get you some clothes and something to drink. I'll be right back."

"No, don't leave me."

"Please. I promise I'll just be a minute."

Gwen quickly left. Siobhan stared at the entrance to the tent and quickly banished her fear. She distracted herself by taking in her surroundings, noting absently the tent was brighter than it should be with only a few mage lights illuminating the interior. The tent wasn't nearly as large as Adrian's had been, but it was still large enough for four or five people. There were far fewer ostentatious trophies, but there were some personal effects that hinted at the life of the people that occupied it. A small chest with the house crest carved into it and a sword rack on top contained Gwen's clothes and armor. There was another sword rack with a broken sword against one wall. A tapestry in a style she didn't recognize was hung on another wall. There was a small bookshelf that looked cleverly designed to be folded up and packed away. Siobhan was amused to see it was full of adventure and romance novels. It was just a tent, a temporary dwelling meant to be packed up each night, but Siobhan still felt comfortable here.

Gwen was back in a few moments with a wine bottle in hand. A pale woman in servant's garb followed her into the tent, carrying a bundle of clothes.

"This is Sara, she can help you dress."

"Hello mistress," said Sara. She was wide eyed, looking at Siobhan in awe.

Then Sara remembered herself, placed the bundle on the small chest, and brought her the slip. Siobhan stood and doffed her nightshirt before she realized what she was doing. The anxiety she should have felt at Gwen seeing her naked was completely absent. If Sara was surprised she didn't show it and quickly helped her slip into her undergarments. A simple dress quickly followed. It was a more modern dress that had become popular more recently in Tallis, with lighter skirts and a simpler, sleeveless top that allowed more freedom of movement. Siobhan appreciated that it would allow her to fight if she needed to but she knew her mother would have been scandalized by the shorter skirt and bare arms.

Then Sara brought over the final piece of clothing and Siobhan stared at it in shock. It was an Erasad, the traditional dress of the clans. It was a long tartan cloth, meant to be wrapped around the dress. And it was in the black and gold of her clan's colors.

"Where do you get that?" she asked.

"I think it's from one of the towns we passed through." said Gwen, "Lily found it. She's my steward. Sometimes I think she can do anything. It was for a different clan originally but Sara used coloring powder to change the colors."

"I hope I got it right, mistress."

Siobhan blinked away a tear, "Yes... it's perfect. Thank you."

"Of course mistress," said Sara, giving her a warm smile. She hesitated a moment, "It's important to have something to hold on to."

Siobhan gave her a quick nod, not trusting herself to speak. Sara approached and helped her wrap the Erasad. She needed some pointers from Siobhan to wrap it correctly but quickly got the hang of it. Lastly a pair of sturdy boots that reached to her midcalf, and then she was dressed in the traditional garb of her clan for weddings and funerals, holidays, and when they marched to war.

"You look incredible," said Gwen

There was a short mirror near the dresser that Siobhan used to take herself in. She felt a surge of happiness and guilt at what she saw, a proud member of clan Tibernack. She didn't know if she felt guilty because she no longer deserved to wear her clan's colors, or if she no longer deserved to feel happy.

"Okay, next step," said Gwen.

Gwen handed her a goblet. Sibhan smelled the blood in it and hunger kicked her in the stomach. It was a strange hunger, shot through with arousal, with desire. She held her breath and refused to smell it again.

"I'm not drinking blood."

Gwen sighed.

"I know it's hard to accept but you need blood now. It's part of who you are. If you don't drink you'll just get hungrier and hungrier and then you'll hurt someone. Like... like I hurt you."

Gwen looked away from her, shame marring her features.

"That wasn't your fault," said Siobhan.