"Dawn" of a New Era for an Author

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GoneGray
GoneGray
618 Followers

Her smile grew further. “Well, I am here to test your mobility to see if you can be released. First we need to...” but her sentence halted at that point. She set her clipboard down, next to my cell phone, on the roll-around bed table, and I saw her posture relax. She sat down, barely on the edge of the bed.

“I have to know,” she started, “what did you find so interesting that you watched me and my date, all evening, at the Sandalwood last month?”

“You noticed me over all that time? I thought your eyes were on your date, nearly constantly?” I said, a bit quietly.

“A woman knows,” she replied, as bit of humor crept into her voice, and I thought I saw a bit of sparkle in her eyes. But, that could have just been me wanting to see it there.

My mind argued, hurriedly, about how I wanted to respond. “I could play rather innocent?“ I thought. “Nope, can’t pull that off,“ I responded to myself. “I can be direct, and hope I don’t offend her,” I said to myself, with some concern. “What choice have you got...she saw you staring?“ I snapped back at myself, challenging my shyness. “Go for it!“ came a whisper from somewhere in my aged brain.

“Well...when you sat down with your boyfriend, I thought you were really attractive; big eyes, long, flowing hair, beautiful skin color...”

“He’s is not my boyfriend...it was just our second date,” She interjected.

“WHAT!?” was my astonished, and unexpected response.

“Why, WHAT?” She asked, and I saw the first of those delightful expressions on her face; this one was a playful curiosity.

“If I am not being to forward...” I cautiously started.

“Fire at will,” was her quick response, and it made me chuckle, which made her grin.

“I thought he must be your boyfriend, and too familiar with you, since he was mostly ignoring you -- a delightful you -- to focus on the UFC fights on the TV’s. And you clearly wanted him,” I answered, cringing slightly that I might have gone too far.

“Yes, I thought I was being ignored, too. But, delightful...wanted him? Go on,” she urged, with a pleased smile.

“Okay, I am getting out of my comfort zone here,” I sighed, but went on, “You were facing him, and stayed focused on him, talking happily, your face sparkling with emotions. And, you often put your hands on him, in gestures that indicated a kind of familiarity. It was clear to me that you wanted his attention. But, I did not see him give it. He gave you small acknowledgements, in smiles, a few words & a couple glances your way. My mind was screaming at him to pay attention to this...wonderful...woman.”

“Wonderful??” she suddenly asked.

“I...uh...yeah...” I stammered.

“You really were paying attention! And you read it very accurately,” she said, her voice a bit higher, her smile wide, and her eyes taking on a sparkle. That was certainly not my imagination this time.

She added, “And here I thought you were just an old pervert staring at my tits!”

[That caught me out...big time.]

Feeling suddenly braver, I took a leap, “While they are quite worthy of staring at, it was your face with all the expressions, and the physical contact you used, that is what really captured my imagination.”

“Compliment noted, but...I captured your imagination?” She actually seemed at bit taken back by my remark.

“MMMmmm...Yup,” I said, followed by a brief pause before I took another leap, “I wanted to be him, sitting there, but paying attention to you,” and I gave her my first unrestricted smile.

She returned my smile, and said, “Well, you certainly are a surprise, Mr. Mason Hayes. May I call you Mason?”

“Please do, D a w n...” I responded, drawing out her first name.

She caught the implied question. “Dawn Reynolds,” she said.

“My extreme pleasure to meet you,” I added, in a gentlemanly tone.

“Okay, flatterer, we have to see if we can get you out of here, and I have to get to my other patients!” she said, cheerfully. As she said it, she rested her hand on my exposed leg.

I hoped the electricity that shot through me did not show on my face. I had not reacted to physical contact like that since I was...oh...probably a teenager.

When she reached for her clipboard, it started to slide, bumping my phone close to the edge of the bed table. Her quick reactions grabbed my iPhone, fumbling it a bit, and causing the lock screen to appear, then disappear (I have no lock screen password) as she came in contact with the button at the lower end.

I had last been looking at my Home Page on Literotica, and that is what she saw.

“OH! I am sorry!” Dawn said, as she handed the phone back to me. Then she said, quietly and with a conspiratorial tone, “I love Literotica, too!”

Then her voice changed to the purposely cheerful professional, “Let’s see you get up, and how you move.”

She stood next to me, ready to brace me, as I slid over the edge of the bed, and I tried to gather the back of the hospital gown closed. I made it to my feet on my own. I slowly started to walk. My left hip and knee were complaining, but cooperating, albeit with a slight limp. We headed for the door, and entered the hallway.

“You’re doing great!” she said, in her practiced enthusiasm.

I was doing well enough that she let me get a step or two ahead, to observe my movement.

“Cute butt for a pervert!” she suddenly chirped.

I got about two steps before my laughter and embarrassment gripped me, plus the pain from my ribs, causing me to wobble and my knees to buckle.

Dawn quickly steered me to a nearby chair. “Sorry, I guess that was not the best time to flirt.”

My mind danced that she had said “flirt”, and to me of all people.

“Warm’s an old man’s heart to be flirted with,” I quietly replied, “but you do not need to. I already told you that you had captured my imagination.”

“True, you did. But, I like flirting. AND, you are not ‘old’, you are just a ‘well-practiced’ gentleman!”

“Music to my ears,” I happily replied.

God, I like this woman,” my mind yelled.

Speaking, I said, “So, do we continue on, or go back?”

“To the end of the hall, then back,” she responded, “and I will keep my mouth zipped until we are done!”

I completed the trip with no further assistance. Or comments.

“Did I meet with your approval?” I teased.

“You certainly do. And you met the physical requirements as well, so I will give you a “Get Out of Jail Free” card...on one condition.”

“Just one?”

“Yup. I get a break in just over an hour, and I have really enjoyed talking with you, so I would like to come back here for my break. Deal?” Several happy expressions had crossed her face as she said it.

My mind was doing its happy dance, but I calmly said with faux-anger, “Sounds like blackmail to me! If I don’t let your enchanting personality return, then I am stuck in this this hospital with you!”

She playfully frowned.

“Sounds like a win-win for me,” I said, with a big smile.

“See you then...pervert!” she said, as she left.

Those long legs and graceful movement were clearly apparent even in a hospital uniform.

-------------

I think I hardly took my eyes off the doorway for the 1 hour, 14 minutes, and 12 seconds it took for her to return. Okay, okay, maybe it was even 15-20 seconds, as I did not get the stopwatch function on my phone punched fast enough.

“How’s my favorite pervert?...The pervert who is being released in a couple hours.” Dawn asked, as she strode in.

Feeling more confident talking to her, I responded, “Great...So, you only met me less than two hours ago, and already I have already achieved the pervert status of ‘favorite’?

“There was a recent vacancy, so you got moved up in rank,” she smirked, as she slid a chair over and sat down.

“Anybody I know?” I replied. And I was noting her animated expressions kicking in.

“Yes and no. You never met my date from that night, but I have just decided he is history,” she sighed.

My mind accelerated, once again, to high speed mode, “Is that just humor, or is she actually implying that I may have achieved the status of a date!?”

“Hope it was not something I said...and how long does your break afford me your lovely presence?” was my smiling response.

“Again the flattery...Fifteen minutes, and it actually was something you said,” Dawn said, looking a bit thoughtful, “I had been making excuses for his behavior. But you saw it, too, and you put it succinctly. And he did not give me the proper attention in...” she said, before hesitating, lightly blushing, and then continuing in a quieter voice, “...well, show me the proper attention...at other times. I know I deserve better!”

“Well! Ahem,” I said, clearing my throat after speaking the words.

“Yeah, that,” she said, with a slightly shy smile.

“You already know I thought you deserved better than what I saw that night,” I said, trying to sound gentlemanly.

“Why can’t I find men that think like you!?” Dawn said, with a bit of playful inflection, “Or romantic ones, like some of those authors on Literotica...such as GoneGray?”

“UHhhh...” was my witty response, as behind the voice, my mind screamed, “What!!! She is my first in-the-flesh fan, and she is referring to my stories. What do I do now!? Do I tell her I am GoneGray? Will she think me arrogant if I just throw it out there? Say something before this pause gets any longer!!”

Another “UHhhh” escaped before I said, “Yeah, I know his stories.”

[Okay, I chickened out. I told you I had not fully conquered my shyness.]

“Oh yeah?! Did you read his latest story about the ‘eyes talking’! I would have given it TEN stars, but I only could give it the max of Five. I hope he wins the Summer Lovin’ Contest!”

“Okay, this could get embarrassing if I let Dawn go on praising me. But what do I do? There is only about five minutes left in her break. Maybe I can just ride it out and just bath in the memories of having met Dawn Reynolds, without revealing who I am, and thus embarrassing her.”

Then the She from that night in the bar finally returned, as she bubbled with expressions, “Oh, it was SO romantic what Kaitlyn did for Amber. And even what Amber did to get Dan and Kaitlyn together. What a friendship!...their playfulness, their caring, and Kaitlyn’s wonderful sense of humor. And Dan was such a gentleman. And, wow, would I like to have him in bed, all that foreplay...Oh! I have embarrassed you talking about sex. Sorry!” The flurry of expressions that had been crossing her face stopped with a kind of a humorous look of “Oops!”.

Yes, I was blushing...and chuckling...and so confused as to what to do. “But she said she liked the foreplay I wrote, so let’s try to play it cool.”

“No, that didn’t embarrass me...well maybe your sudden openness did surprise me, but I was embarrassed for...well, other reasons. But, ‘yes’ on the romance and foreplay, as that is how I like to treat a women, too.”

“See, I told you I needed to meet men who think like you!” she chimed, with a delicious smile residing between her lips.

[I haven’t mentioned her lips before, but just know that are as luscious as any other feature on her face...or better.]

“Damn,” Dawn exclaimed, “I am running out of time, and you may be out of here before my shift ends. I cannot let you get away like this...I enjoy your company too much, and we have so much more to talk about...I suspect.”

“I am going to be really brazen here,” she continued, “and ask you out!”

“Be still my heart...did I really here that right?”

“Wow!” was the total of what was intended to be my unequivocally positive response.

“How about this,” Dawn started, “We go back to the ‘scene of the crime’...the Sandalwood...we try to get the same seats, and you show me what my date should have been like. Are you up to that in a couple days, both figuratively and physically?” She sat there with a hopeful smile, waiting for my delayed response.

“Okay...”I said, followed by a hard swallow, “that sounds great. But you will have to allow that I have not been on a ‘date’ in 20+ years, so there is going to be a lot of rust to blow off.”

“Somehow, I think you will do just fine,” she chuckled, as she stood and laid her hand on mine.

[You know what that did to me...yeah, ZAP!]

“So, 7:30 okay? Give me your phone number, and I will text you my address,” she said.

“How about 7 PM?” I countered, “We get more of the sunset that way,” as I showed her my cell phone number on its display.

“See, the romantic already! This is gonna’ be great,” she chirped. “So, 7 PM Wednesday, day after tomorrow. Only about 5 minutes from my place to the restaurant. We good?” she asked, as she stood in the doorway.

“All good,” I said, “Except you may want to call the nurse to check my racing heart rate!”

Dawn smiled, “Oh, I saw your cardio tests before I asked you out. Didn’t want to kill you off just asking you.” She winked and left.

MY GOD...I am going out with her!...My God, what have I got myself into!? Can I pull this off without tripping over myself. Get a hold of yourself!

I put my head back on the pillow, and thought of how my life had changed in the last 15 minutes...her face...her touch...her voice. “Damn! Now what do I do about revealing I am GoneGray?!”

I looked up at the ceiling, “Okay, I owe you gods, but did you have to make the silver platter, which you served Dawn on, come with so many bruises?”

-------------

Maybe you can imagine just how nervous I was over the next two days, because I am not sure I know how to describe it...and I am normally a calm person. I was playing all kinds of scenarios in my head, trying to practice what my responses would be, or should be, to whatever Dawn might say. For every one I thought of, I probably missed a dozen more.

If that wasn’t enough stress, I had to deal with the other driver’s insurance company, who totaled my Audi, and provided a mediocre rental car. It was a smaller Dodge SUV; a Voyage...No...a Cruise...sorry, wrong again...well, I think it actually starts with the letter ‘J‘ (and a key, for you jokesters). Anyway, it was a decent metallic sky blue, was quiet enough for conversation, and was at least ...Journey, that is its name... elevated enough for Dawn to be able to enter with her modesty intact, should she be wearing something as short as I had seen her in that first time.

I was torn as to what I should wear. I didn’t want to look dated or stodgy. I finally settled on some very lightweight slacks with a collared Under Armour shirt (Fish Hunter series, which looks more like a sport dress shirt).

I double checked everything; pain pills taken, have belt, wallet, handkerchief, deodorant, brains, courage... and headed out the condo door at 6:40pm on Wednesday. The iPhone map said it should take 14 minutes. I made it in twelve, without risking the delay of a speeding ticket.

I sat in the car/ SUV/whatever, for several minutes, breathing deeply and trying to calm down. My brain was settling down, but the butterflies still felt like one of those photos of the Monarch’s mass migration.

Five minutes before 7 PM, I made the long walk to her door, and rang the doorbell of her apartment (my assumption; it was that or a condo). She opened the door, and I just wanted to melt on her doorstep. She was wearing the exact outfit I had seen her in that first night!

“Hello gorgeous,” I forced out of my tight throat.

“On time, and dressed perfectly. Just the gentleman I expected! Come in,” She said in greeting.

I stepped in and then she stepped forward, hugged me, and kissed my cheek.

If I thought the electricity of the touch of her hand in the hospital had been strong, now I thought I must know what it feels like to be hit with one of those stun guns. “Please don’t let my knees buckle,” I pleaded to myself.

The smell of her hair filled my head. The softness of her breasts pressed against me dominated my tactile senses.

I went to hug her back, but I hesitated for a moment as it just seemed too dangerous for my hands to touch her. I felt afraid as if was going to get burned from reaching to touch something when I did not know how hot it was.

My hands landed, as if by remote control, lightly on her shoulder blades, and then I released her and stepped back.

She paused her huge smile to say, “Just let me grab my...Hey? Why the tear?” She reached up and brushed the tear off my face.

“Damn it, how did that tear sneak out!?” I growled in my head.

“Told you I was rusty. You just overwhelmed my senses,” I offered as explanation.

Dawn turned and slowly picked up her clutch purse, and then turned back to me, now with a soft, thoughtful look. “Mason,” she said, as her finger swept my hair back over my ear, “I think that is the finest, most romantic compliment I have ever had. God, you are good for my ego.”

I could only grin and offer her my arm, which she gently took. As I quietly headed towards my “car”, she said, “Well, that is not quite what I imagined you driving.”

“My Audi was totaled,” I answered, “This is the rental the other driver’s insurance offered. I haven’t been up to car shopping quite yet. By the way, I love your Mustang GT.”

“A present from my Dad, for my birthday last month,” she said, “Actually, my birthday was the day you first saw me.”

“More the pity, the way your date went,” was my response, as I lightly shook my head. Then I looked at her with raised eyebrows, “Your birthday?”

“What?” she queried, “WHAT?!...Oh.” Dawn flipped her hair over her shoulder and turned to face forward, “Over 20, and under 30...that is all you get!” she said with a laugh.

It was the first time I had heard her laugh, and it was delightful.

I opened the door of the “car”, and she sat down. I held the door opened for a moment. Having recovered from my recent trauma at her front door, I offered, “I am going to let my pervert out for a moment and tell you that you look just as delectable as you did that first night...and you have the most amazing legs!” I closed the door and walked around and got in the other side.

“Enough,” she said, “I am not walking into the Sandalwood with a swelled head!”

A short laugh jumped out of my throat before I even knew it was there.

“And ‘delectable’?” Dawn queried, “I think I should look that word up to be sure what it means?”

“I looked it up recently,” I said with a smile, “and I think it is the perfect word for you.”

“So tell me, Mr. Dictionary, what is the meaning?” she asked.

“When not applied to food, it means extremely beautiful or attractive,” I answered.

“Oh” was her quiet reply.

I continued, “And the synonyms are; delightful, lovely, adorable, captivating, charming, enchanting, beguiling...”

“Shit Mason, let a girl come up for air!” she pleaded.

“Too much, Dawn?” I asked with concern.

“Not really, I guess, but your remark earlier of ‘overwhelmed’ seems appropriate,” she offered.

“I looked ‘delectable” up yesterday, for a different purpose, and when I did, everything I read made me think of you...check, check, and check.” I said, hoping I was sincere sounding enough.

“I now have enough superlatives to keep me glowing for the whole evening, and you haven’t even started the car yet!” Dawn exclaimed.

“I only offered ‘delectable’; you asked for the definition,” I teased.

“Oh...you think you can sneak all that flattery in through the back door, huh!?” she chuckled.

She patted my hand, which was on the steering wheel, and chimed, “Let’s get some dinner, pervert, before you make me permanently blush!” and she gave me a big smile after she said it.

GoneGray
GoneGray
618 Followers