Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 04

Story Info
As you wish: Joe gives Leanne the first time of her dreams.
10.7k words
4.87
22.5k
31

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/05/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note:

Thank y'all for returning to my story! Another 10K-word chapter here packed full of action for you, which brings my total word count to about 35K, which is tracking quite well toward the 50K #NaNo goal, and is even on-target for finishing the whole ~75K of it within the month. Phew!

Anyways, as always, please have a read, and then tell me what you think - FAVORITE, VOTE and COMMENT! Thank you :)

xoxo,

Annie

*****

The following week, Joe found himself hanging by the women's dorms way too frequently.

He'd upped his running schedule to twice-daily, and had adjusted his route so that his warmup and cooldown took place just behind the elongated, low-roofed building. I've turned into a freakin' peeping tom, he thought self-mockingly even as he walked down the narrow path before the crack of dawn on Thursday morning, much slower than was effective for a proper pre-run warmup, and strained his ears to hear... what?

A gasp, maybe? A hitched breath?

He shook his head in annoyance and increased his speed to an easy run, leaving the buildings behind and heading towards the Western gate and the fields beyond. If nothing else, this obsession would get me fit enough for the Golden Gate Half Marathon, he thought, and made himself keep a faster pace than usual. It was better to drive himself to the edge of exhaustion than to lurk in the shadows like a stalker. A man needed to have some self-respect.

But miles later, even with his muscles and lungs protesting the unusual strain, he still couldn't get Leanne out of his mind. He knew she was back there in her room, possibly busy with... homework. The assignment that he'd given her. Practicing her new skill.

Joe groaned. Imagining Leanne naked on her bed, one hand working her pussy, the other tweaking her nipples, trying out different strokes and caresses, finding just the right touch and arching into it, driving herself higher and higher, her juices leaving a large wet spot on her sheets, just like they did on their picnic blanket -

Dammit. Now he was hard as fuck. Which made running damn near impossible.

Joe stopped and bent over, fighting for breath. He couldn't keep going like this. He needed her too bad. And sneaking around to make out on his picnic blanket, fun as it was, wasn't the kind of relationship he wanted.

He wanted a relationship with her.

The revelation kicked him in the gut, even as a smile stretched across his face. His father and sister had been nagging him mercilessly about 'finding someone'. It may just be that they were right about that, too.

He straightened, breathed deep, and resumed his run back towards the farm. His new resolution seemed to have lifted a weight off his shoulders and it felt like he could breathe easier, his achy muscles no more than a distant echo in the back of his mind, which was busy making plans.

He would court Leanne Sommers, publically and properly. No more sneaking around, no more stealing time together, no more maintaining their distance on the farm for the sake of misplaced propriety. He was ready to take it to the next level.

*

Although she'd preferred the petting zoo over any other duty, Leanne enjoyed working the dairy farm as well.

Not only did it involve direct contact with the animals, but also it presented Joe and her with more opportunities to meet, as he spent most of his out-of-office hours there.

Sun Valley Farm was, first and foremost, a dairy farm. While Joe had been pushing to diversify the business from all-production to include agro-tourism, 'putting his UC Davis MBA into good use' as Mr. McConnel put it, the cows were still at the heart of it all.

Leanne knew Joe wouldn't risk any physical intimacies there, nor candid private talks, but just being around him felt good. She was eager to learn and he was happy to teach, and the heavy underlying current of awareness between them added a thrill that they both clearly enjoyed. She especially loved the curious questions in his eyes each morning. Knowing full well what he was thinking, she's laugh and wink, which made him groan in an exaggerated, dramatic response. Leanne basked in the effect she had on him. She had never felt so sexy in her life.

And she did do her 'homework' every day, as instructed, and enjoyed herself immensely - both the pleasure she was learning to give herself, and knowing that Joe was aware of her doing it. It felt incredibly naughty, in the best sense of the word. Having spent all her life being the perfect good girl, fighting to prove that her living on a trailer park with her single mother didn't make her 'trailer trash', it was a wholly liberating experience, doing something so... slutty. And knowing that she was appreciated, rather than condemned for it.

Leanne smiled at the thought. She was driving a small tractor, pushing silage with the trac's flat front loader to spread the pile of fodder along the rails. The cows stood back as the noisy machine approached, but as soon as she passed they stuck their heads out and started munching. She imagined they were smiling at her, and her own grin grew. It felt darn good to be productive.

When she was almost at the far end of the cow shed, she saw someone step out from behind it to block her path. Joe. He raised his hand in greeting, and she slowed to a stop and killed the engine. Joe approached her side as she was climbing down.

When she turned around he was right there, definitely within her personal space. Her startled eyes sought his as he stepped even closer and took her upper arms in his hands, bent his head, and kissed her.

While caught off-guard, Leanne wasn't complaining. Going up on her tiptoes, she linked her arms around his neck and returned his kiss with enthusiasm.

*

A few steamy-hot moments later they finally broke for air. Joe looked at Leanne with trepidation, well aware of stepping outside the boundaries he himself had set in place, though her reaction was everything he'd hoped for, and then some.

"Um, wow! Okay, just tell me what I did to deserve this, and I'll do it every day." Leanne cocked her head, hands on hips, and watched him shuffle his feet in uncharacteristic nerves.

"I couldn't help myself. I hope you're not mad." Joe peaked at her from under his lashes.

"I'm happy to kiss you anytime, Joe. It's your rules that we're breaking, not mine."

She didn't play games. It was one of the things he liked most about her.

"Yeah. About that. I've been thinking."

"Hmm. Sounds ominous." A single eyebrow arched up, and the corner of her mouth twitched. Joe breathed a little easier.

"Not at all. I think you're gonna like it."

"Oh?"

Joe took a breath. Here goes.

"Would you like to go out with me to Santa Rosa tomorrow night?"

"What, like, on a date?"

"Yeah. A proper date. Dinner and a movie. Or dancing. Would you like to go dancing with me again?"

"Um... but, I mean - how come?"

There was that little furrow between her eyes that made him want to soothe all her troubles. Instead of answering right away, though, he held out his hand, and when Leanne took it, he led them to sit on one of the hay bales in the shade. Still holding her hand, Joe found her eyes.

"Leanne, I - you deserve more than a roll in the grass when nobody's looking. You're worth breaking my goddamned no-workplace-romance rule for." He pursed his lips. "I'm not gonna hide like a coward anymore, as if what we're doing is wrong."

Leanne was staring at him, wide-eyed, and he thought she was going to protest, so he rushed on.

"I want this, whatever it is between us. I want to date you properly. I don't want to feel like a cheater, lurking in the shadows to sneak a few moments with you. I want to do this right."

Leanne kept staring at him mutely, and he could see panic rising in her eyes. Swallowing a curse, he clamped his lips together, held his breath, and waited.

*

Leanne didn't know what to do.

Every cell in her body wanted to say yes! right then and there. She would love to go out with Joe - movie, dinner, dancing, the whole nine yards. She had missed on so much, growing up the way she did. Sharing a bedroom with her dying mother and then with a baby, and practically raising three young kids while working through college didn't leave any room for romance. Dating was just one more thing she desperately wanted to catch up on - with Joe.

But that would up the stakes way higher than she had gambled for.

What they had shared so far was simple and straightforward; an honest exchange. He may say she deserved better than a roll in the grass, but for her it had been an unexpected, precious gift. Having strings attached to it would complicate things immeasurably.

Could she date him, but keep her secrets to herself? Could she, in good faith, agree to a 'real' relationship, knowing it was doomed from the start?

Or should she come clean, right then and there, and hope he would see past her lineage, past her lie by omission, and give her a chance for real?

She ruled out that second option right away. In all probability he would kick her out of the farm on the spot, which means no money for Bill to pay back his outstanding debt to the McConnels, no work experience for herself, and no romance for either one of them. She couldn't see any good in doing it.

The first option, on the other hand...

"I take it that your answer is 'no', then." Joe's voice, soft as it were, broke through the silence between them, startling her.

"No! That's - that's not it."

"What is it, then?" She could hear the hurt in his voice, and it ate at her insides. I don't want to hurt you, Joe.

"I just don't want there to be... undue expectations attached to it."

Joe leaned back, a look of incredulity on his face. "Seriously, Leanne? Is that what you think?" He shook his head, but then, after a moment, his voice gentled, as did his fingers around her hand.

"Your virginity is safe for as long as you want it, princess. That's not what this is about. I thought you knew that."

"Oh God. Shoot me now." Leanne blushed crimson, and buried her face in her hands. After a moment, though, she breathed deep, and straightened.

"Joe, that's not what I'm talking about. I trust you. I know you won't do anything I don't want you to. Besides I - I think I want to - to -"

He blew a hard breath. "Okay, okay. That's not it then." And then - "So, why, Leanne? Why not date me for real? I thought we were having a good time together?"

Leanne bit her lip, but finally answered. "I would love to go out with you, Joe. As long as we both remember this is just - temporary. Let's not pretend it to be something else, okay?"

For the longest time he just stared at her. And then he tilted his head, as if seeing her in a new light. "Are you saying that I shouldn't aim for anything long-term?"

Leanne bit on her lip so hard she could taste blood. But then she nodded. "I - yeah. I'm saying I am a seasonal worker, and I will leave in a few months. I want to be clear about that."

Joe considered her again, his jaw working. And then, he nodded, too. "Okay. Duly noted."

Leanne inhaled deeply. Okay, then. Out loud, she asked - "So, which movie did you have in mind?"

*

It was a silly Rom-Com, and Joe had to admit he had thoroughly enjoyed it.

They had both groaned in unison at the more ridiculous parts, and chuckled at the quirky bits. More importantly, Leanne cuddled under his arm as soon as they sat down, and had squeezed into his side at the mushy, ultra-romantic happy ending. Their date, he concluded with satisfaction, was going well so far. It was a relief after its rocky start.

He had waited for her by his truck at six PM, as agreed. Tammy, his sister, saw him standing there, and had swung by to discuss some less-than-urgent issues. He had been blatantly impatient, and she was about to go off on him when Leanne had appeared at their side.

Tammy had stopped abruptly and turned to Leanne, while throwing Joe an annoyed look over her shoulder. "Hey, Leanne. Did you need anything?"

"Um - I -" Leanne stumbled, and Joe spoke up. "Leanne's with me tonight, Tammy. I'm taking her out to Santa Rosa. Dinner, movie and some dancing. We'll be late coming back, so unless there's anything urgent, we'll talk tomorrow morning."

Tammy didn't hide the speculation in her eyes, although Joe noticed she didn't seem overly surprised, and didn't ask any more questions. Instead, she met his gaze.

"Well, well, well, big brother. There may be hope for you yet. Just be careful with this one, I actually like her." She nodded at Leanne with a hint of a smile. "You two enjoy. I'll be out of your hair. Leanne, remember that you open the kiddie farm in the morning. Don't be late." With that, she turned and left them on their own.

And so it begins, he thought ruefully. Although, interestingly, Tammy's reaction was milder than he had anticipated. He knew he'd have to answer to his father in the morning - there were very little secrets between the three of them - but he was ready for that. He squared his shoulders unconsciously.

Leanne's hesitant voice drew his attention. "You sure this is a good idea, Joe?"

His lips thinned as he turned to open the truck door, and then held his hand out to help her climb up. "One of the best I've had in a long time. Don't let my sister intimidate you. She's all bark but no bite, and she really does like you. I promise."

Leanne smiled faintly as she settled in her seat. A moment later they were on their way.

He took her to dinner at the town's only half-decent steakhouse. She was self-conscious about her clothes, which she was afraid were too casual. Joe thought the hip-hugging jeans and the white eyelet cotton shirt - the same clothes she'd worn that first night they'd met - looked absolutely perfect, and had told her as much. Leanne's eyes shone with gratitude in the candlelight, and her fingers caressed the smooth, white tablecloth, as if checking to see if it were real. He was tempted to ask her more about her childhood, to figure out where all those insecurities had come from, but then he held back, knowing it was a touchy subject for her.

It's a matter of trust, he told himself. Give it time, and eventually she'll open up to you about it. Instead, he told her some of his experiences in UC Davis, and asked her about her dream to become a vet.

"Why animals?" he prodded. "I mean, I love being around them, but I've grown up on the farm, so I figure I'm biased. But you grew up in Sacramento, right? How come you're so into them?"

Leanne shrugged, and he thought she would evade his question. But then she met his eyes.

"They don't judge. If you treat them right, they'll love you for it. It's that easy."

Joe almost pushed. Who judged you unfairly? He wanted to ask, but he could see Leanne wouldn't answer. So instead he tried to show her by example. He was there, and he treated her well, and he didn't judge her. He hoped she took notice.

*

Back at The Lounge, on the dance floor, in Joe's arms, Leanne felt like a princess again. The man could move, she thought, smiling her delight as they performed a series of intricate steps effortlessly, smooth as butter, as if they'd been made to dance together. Pride and satisfaction laced Joe's voice when he spoke, loud enough for her to hear over the blaring music.

"You've gotta admit we're good together."

Leanne smirked. "I've never argued that point, cowboy."

"Right. As long as we're clear on that." He swirled her around faster, making the room blur until the only thing she could focus on were his warm brown eye, holding hers captive.

His arms supported her in a proper dancing hold, but Leanne didn't want to be proper tonight. She wanted to be bold and reckless again. She wanted his passion. In a deliberate move she pressed closer, until she could feel his erection graze her belly through their jeans.

Joe grunted low. "I'm trying my best to be a gentleman, princess. This is making it hard."

Leanne raised her eyebrows. "I like making it hard."

"Dammit, Leanne..." Joe tried to pull away, but she wouldn't let him. "Joe, please. I - I want this. I want you."

Joe stopped dancing and stood still, breathing shallow. She didn't think it was because of the physical exertion. Softly, she repeated her request, spelling it out for him. "Please. Let's get a room and go upstairs."

For the longest time Joe didn't respond. Finally he whispered hoarsely. "Are you sure?"

Leanne just nodded, biting her lips hard to keep them from quivering with her mounting excitement.

Joe dropped his head and exhaled slowly. After a moment, he looked up.

"There's nothing I want more than to make love to you tonight, Leanne. But not here. Not at a - a cheesy place like this."

"But -" she started, and he silenced her with a look. "Let's head back to the farm. If you're still sure this is what you want by the time we get there, I'll take you to my home, to my bed, and I will give you the first time that you deserve. Okay?"

Giddy with expectation, she almost jumped for joy. Her smile threatened to split her face, but all she said was, "Okay!"

*

The ride back to the farm seemed eternally long, but then all of a sudden they were there, parked in front of the darkened main house.

Joe turned to Leanne, though he couldn't make her features in the darkness. He reached for her hand instead, noting the slightly-damp softness, and gave her a small squeeze.

"Leanne -"

"I still want this."

Her words reverberated in the confines of the cabin. He let them wash over him, soak him in reassurance. "I want this, too. Very much."

He thought he saw her mouth curl up in a little smile.

With a parting squeeze of her hand he let her go, climbed out of the truck, and walked around to her side, feeling a disproportionate kick of satisfaction seeing her sit there and wait for him to reach her door. Finally.

Taking her hand, he led her around the main house to one of the small cottages standing behind it. The porch light was on, and Joe pulled the screen door and pushed the unlocked door behind it, motioning for Leanne to move before him.

"After you, princess. Welcome to my humble abode."

*

Leanne walked a few steps inside, and then stopped to look around. The porch light filtered through the open door so she could barely make the modest kitchen to her right, separated from the main room by a rustic looking dinner table and chairs. To her left was a small study, and a closed door which was probably a bathroom. Stairs in the far left corner climbed to the second floor.

In spite of the darkness, it seemed clean and orderly; with a pleasant, airy feel. She smiled back at Joe, who reached for a switch before closing the door behind him. The kitchen was flooded in soft light coming from under the top counters.

"So..."

Joe approached her, and stopped a foot away, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So...?"

She turned fully to him, her own hands going to her back pockets, unconsciously mimicking his move.

"You want something to drink?"

He seemed nervous. Leanne's heart pounded harder as she took a tiny step forward.

"I want you to kiss me. Please."

A slow smile relaxed Joe's tense jaw, and he took her face in his hands.

"I can do that."

*

God, her mouth tasted so good.

Joe had to fight to keep their kiss light and easy. He needed to keep his head for this, try to ignore his body, which was screaming with urgent need. His fingers shook with effort as he traced her jaw and softened his lips to coax hers open.