Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I need more, baby."

He sounded desperate. Leanne found his eyes. "I can handle more, cowboy. I'm stronger than I seem, remember?"

Joe's response was a muffled curse, and then his arms tightened around her and he flipped her to her back. Then he ground into her, once, twice, three times, a growl rumbling from somewhere deep in his chest.

"Fuck, you feel so good princess... argh!"

His hips started pumping as if against his will, and Leanne cried out with the intense sensations. Joe froze mid-stroke.

"Shit. You okay baby?" He was actually shaking in her arms, and Leanne knew he was close to his own limit - one that she had no interest in him keeping.

"Don't you dare coddle me, cowboy. Give me all you've got."

His body tightened above her. "You have no idea what you're asking for, princess." he muttered, and she was about to protest when he drew back, and then thrust into her with more momentum than before. Her breath hitched, her protest lost, along with any coherent words.

"That's what I thought." he hissed, and pulled back to thrust slowly again. Leanne moaned, the sound becoming a bit of a cry halfway through. But when he paused she opened her eyes to find his, her hands coming up to hold his face.

"I'm okay. Don't stop, please."

He didn't answer, but his hips moved with longer, deeper strokes, and his eyes held hers when he took them both higher. When her high-pitched cries sounded over his last irregular movements, when he was no longer in full control of himself and couldn't keep from going harder, he bent to kiss her and felt his dick swell and pulse before he exploded with a shout, filling the condom with his cum, nestled deep inside her body.

His arms shook. The strength of his release made him tremble all over. He managed to shift his weight so that when he collapsed he didn't smother her; instead he rolled to his back and took her with him so that her head was pillowed on his shoulder, and then waited for the Earth to return to its axis.

*

Leanne's head was spinning, but one thought did manage to formalize itself above the buzzing in her ears.

That was freakin' awesome. I want to do it again!

She felt like she did coming off the Vortex thrill ride at the Great America park in Santa Clara that they visited with the kids on school spring break. She went to do it on her own, while Elaine and the kids watched from a nearby bench. Coming down from the ride her whole body was shaking from the extreme experience, she couldn't quite walk straight and there were strange aches and pains in parts of her body she never realized existed. But she felt joyous and free, young and able-bodied, and she wished she could go back up, right then and there.

Much like now.

She felt the muscles in his chest move as Joe raised his head to peek at her, and looked up to meet his gaze, a smile hovering over her lips. A small muscle jumped in his cheek.

"You okay?" his eyes were searching hers for signs of distress, she could tell. Leanne pulled his neck to draw his face closer, and kissed him full on the lips, soft and sweet.

"I am wonderful." She promised, and Joe nodded and smiled. "Yeah. You are."

Leanne's heart squeezed as Joe hugged her close and kissed her hair, before he withdrew and rolled off the bed, and padded over to the shower. She heard the trash bin open and close, and then the water running.

"Hey, you wanna come join me in the shower? It's nice and hot in here."

"Um, nah that's okay. I think I'm too tired to move." she answered apologetically, but could hear no response from Joe.

By the time the water had stopped running Leanne was already drifting to sleep. She was just barely aware of the bed dipping beside her, and then Joe's hand, gently nudging her shoulder.

"Let's get you under the bedspread, princess. And I brought a wet washcloth, if you'd like to clean up a bit."

She mumbled 'n'kay' and let him roll her off the bedspread and then under it, and never bothered protesting when she felt the slightly rough, warm washcloth that was pushed gently to wipe in between her thighs. A moment later it was gone, and then Joe was back in the bed, taking her gently into his arms and tucking her head under his chin.

"Nothing hurts too bad, right?" He asked quietly, and Leanne shook her head. "Did I bleed a lot?" she blurted, and then cringed internally, but Joe seemed to take it in stride. "Not too bad, actually. There was only a little spotting that I could see."

"I should put something on..."

"You most definitely should not. I love having you naked in my arms."

"But what if I stain your -"

"Shh. I don't care if the bedding is fucking ruined tomorrow. Now go to sleep, sweetheart."

"Mmm. M'kay." she mumbled, and in the next moment, she was asleep.

*

Waking up in Joe's arms was the best feeling in the world, Leanne thought melancholically, keeping her eyes resolutely closed and her breathing carefully even. She wouldn't cry. Not now. There will be time for tears and heartache later.

She was eternally grateful for the experience Joe had given her the night before. As different as it was from how she had imagined it, it was everything that she had dreamed.

He was everything she had dreamed.

And right there was the problem.

Stifling a miserable moan she tried to roll away without disturbing him, but as soon as she moved his arms tightened around her.

"Where're you goin'?" His sleepy voice sounded gravelly.

Leanne cleared the lump in her throat. "Um, to the bathroom?" She was glad for the almost-complete darkness of the pre-dawn hour; the last thing she wanted was for him to read her face too closely right then.

He released her reluctantly, and she scampered to the adjoined bathroom. She didn't bother with a light; reluctant to see herself in the mirror. Instead she sat down to do her business, absently relieved that there wasn't any lingering soreness, and then washed her hands and her face, and finger-combed her hair. Once done, she took a deep breath, and released it slowly.

She needed some perspective to think clearly. But she'd need to face Joe first, and as confused as she was, she was clear about one thing: she didn't want him to have any regrets. He was wonderful to her last night, and he deserved to feel damn good about himself this morning.

With a curt nod to her darkened silhouette in the mirror, Leanne consciously relaxed her features, and then turned, opened the door, and turned towards the room which was now cast in gentle light coming from Joe's bedside lamp.

He was sitting on the side of the bed, the corner of his blanket thrown haphazardly over his hips, looking worriedly at her. Leanne managed a brief smile, and stepped closer, until she was standing before him. He reached up to trace her naked hips with his fingertips, and then took her hands in his.

"So... we still good?" he asked carefully, and Leanne had to blink back her threatening tears.

"Yes. We're good. Very good." she promised huskily, and then added - "Thank you."

His brow, which cleared a moment before, furrowed again. "You're thanking me? I think you got it backwards, princess."

She shook her head, but couldn't speak. After a moment, Joe's frown relaxed into a small smile. "Okay." At her slight but reassuring nod, he got up and pulled her into his arms for a long, warm hug.

Leanne let herself soak up his closeness, the expanse of his naked skin against hers, and breathed in his good, masculine scent. She could feel his cock press against her lower belly, semi-hard, but he seemed to keep their embrace light on purpose, and she followed his lead. His cheek was resting on her head, but then he turned to kiss her hair before stepping back, putting some distance between them.

"I'd love to keep you here for the whole weekend, but we've got a full day of work ahead of us, and if we're not both at the dining hall in about twenty five minutes people would come looking for us."

Leanne nodded. "I know. I - I need to get back to my room for my work uniforms and my toothbrush anyways, so I might as well shower there."

Joe half-smiled, and then released her completely. "Yeah. Okay." he said, before going around the room picking up her discarded clothes from last night, and then handing the pile to her. "Here you go, sweetheart. I showered last night, so I'll just get dressed and walk you over to your dorms, okay?"

"Sure - you don't mind if someone sees us, then?" she asked hesitantly. Joe shook his head, and took her shoulders in his hands, looking her straight in the eyes.

"I'm done hiding; I told you that. We're adults, and we're doing nothing wrong. So unless you are uncomfortable with it, I don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks."

"Oh - okay."

Joe grinned. "Good. Let's get going."

*

They had just turned onto the pavement in front of the main house, walking hand-in-hand, when a voice sounded from behind the rose bush that flanked the stairs.

"Well, good morning, son. Leanne."

Joe's belly dropped a little. He wasn't seventeen anymore; Leanne and him were clearly consenting adults. Still, that's not the way he wanted to break the news to his father. Although looking at the older man's face, there was not even a hint of surprise there, only good-natured curiosity. Tammy had told him already, then.

"Good morning, Dad."

"Good morning, Mr. McConnel."

They spoke together, and then gave each other a startled look. His dad chuckled. "Nah, I think under the circumstances Mr. McConnel is entirely too formal. Call me Michael, please."

Leanne nodded, the slight blush on her cheeks visible under the porch light, even though the morning was still almost dark. Joe cursed to himself, and rushed to intervene.

"Dad, we're in a bit of a hurry. We'll chat later, okay?"

Michael McConnel looked from his son to the young woman next to him and back. "Sure, son. Why don't you bring Leanne over after supper to join our movie night? I'm sure Tammy would love to have another female vote. Even the odds, and all that."

Joe stared at his father, taken aback by the easy way he was taking the situation. Inviting a friend - a lady friend - to their standing 'family date' tradition - had never happened before.

Then again, he never had a woman over in his cottage, either. And his father was well aware of that fact.

"Um -" Joe was fumbling for an excuse to get them off the hook, but Leanne spoke up before he could.

"That's real nice of you Mr. McConnel. But I wouldn't want to intrude on your private family time."

"It's Michael, please. And you wouldn't be intruding. We'd love to have you there. Right, son?"

Joe knew when he was beaten. He turned to Leanne, his eyes apologetic, even as he dutifully affirmed his father's assertion. "Absolutely." If he were honest with himself, he actually liked that idea. More than he should, probably.

Leanne had a deer-in-the-headlight expression on her face, and he chuckled. "C'mon. It would be fun! We won't bite, I promise." He winked, and she blushed, making him, in turn, remember moments from last night when he actually did. His smile widened in spite of himself, but he kept his voice gentle when he repeated their invitation. "Please join us tonight. We'd love to have you there. I'd love to have you there."

She nodded, and he had a sneaking suspicion she was getting teary-eyed. Damn. He looked up to find his father watching their exchange intently. Double damn.

"We really are in a hurry, dad. We'll talk later, okay?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Thank you for the invite, Mr. - Michael. I - I guess I'll see you tonight."

Joe watched the smile light up his father's face, and with a start realized he hadn't seen one of those for a long time. Too long.

"Good! See you then."

With that, his father turned back to the rose bush, pruners raised, and Joe chuckled, took Leanne's hand, and tugged her along.

"C'mon. Let's get you to your room before everyone's up, or we'll never start our day on time."

*

In the privacy of her own shower, Leanne finally let her tears run free.

She cried for the joy she found in Joe's arms, which she knew wouldn't last. And she agonized over Mr. McConnel's invitation, too, because having a pre-defined, short-term relationship with Joe was one thing; getting close to his family was another level of complexity she would be a fool to engage in.

But she wanted to, so very much!

She missed her mom terribly. A fresh bout of tears spilled down her wet cheeks, and choked sobs rocked her. And she missed her faux-foster family - Elaine and Sofia, and Sam and Steven - she even missed Jim Rogers, even though he was away so much she barely saw him anyway.

She longed for that sense of belonging to others, being part of a family, false as it were, brief as it was bound to be.

Turning her face to the cascading water, Leanne made her decision. Much like with Joe, she would let herself enjoy it for as long as she could. After all, Tammy and Michael McConnel weren't really going to see her as family, regardless of her make-believe fantasies. When Joe and her separated, when she was gone, there would be no heartbreak for them. At most, they'd be mildly disappointed.

In the meantime, she would enjoy taking part in this 'family date night' - and any other family activities they would decide to include her in. What harm could be in that?

*

The McConnel's family movie night was even more fun than Leanne had expected, despite a few rocky patches.

Tammy was obviously excited having her, and had snagged her hand and taken her aside as soon as they entered the main house to conspire together about which movie they wanted to choose.

Tammy's enthusiasm was contagious, but Leanne felt more than a little uncomfortable, knowing she had little to offer by way of opinion on any of the options Joe's sister had mentioned. Finally, after one more 'what do you think?" from Tammy, she ditched her hummed non-answers and went for the truth.

"Honestly, I wouldn't know what I'd like. I don't think I've watched any non-Disney movie in the last five years, and before that, with my mom -" she stopped. There was barely enough money for food and utilities; sometimes, not even for that. "Movies weren't our thing, I guess." she offered lamely. "So I honestly can't be of help here. But I promise to support whichever one you want." She finished quickly, and held her breath.

Tammy looked at her a little funny. "Gosh. I cannot imagine not watching movies, like, a lot. This family movie night tradition - we've had it for ages - ever since my mom died, I think. Dad didn't know what to do with us back then, so this was his way to hang out. I think we've seen every movie produced in Hollywood at least once."

Leanne bit her lip to stop from blurting something she shouldn't. The mention of Claire McConnel was like a dose of ice water, shocking her awake to the reality of the situation.

Don't get sucked into the fairy tale, Leanne. You know you will never, ever, be part of this family.

"Leanne?"

Tammy was looking at her curiously, and Leanne shook her head with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. I guess - go ahead and choose your favorite. My vote is yours."

Tammy kept staring at her, and then nodded decisively. "Okay then. A movie virgin, are you? I know just the one for your initiation. It's the ultimate chick flick, a bona-fide cult movie, AND my dad and Joe would never say 'no' to watching it, even for the umpteen's time. Let's go."

When The Princess Bride title showed, Leanne looked up at Tammy, startled. She'd never seen the movie, but have heard enough references to it to have a rough grasp of the plot. All she could think was, she chose an ultra-romantic fairytale for me?! But then the movie started, and soon Leanne was engrossed with it.

The three other people in the room seemed to know it by heart, and started role-playing the different parts, having memorized the script verbatim. Leanne watched their animated faces, and tried to ignore a sharp pang of envy. They were a tight bunch, for sure.

Then Buttercup - and Tammy - started ordering Westly around, and the farmboy - and Joe - kept saying As you wish. A moment later Grandpa's voiceover - and Mr. McConnel's - spelled it out for her:

'That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.'

Leanne's eyes flew up to find Joe watching her intently. Something in his expression told her that he remembered saying those exact same words to her the night before. Right after she had taken him into her body for the first time, as she was straddling him, she told him she might order him around. And he smiled and said, 'as you wish, princess.'

Did he mean those words like that? Leanne thought frantically, but she wouldn't ask him. She couldn't risk his answer.

Instead, she turned her unseeing eyes to the movie. Joe sighed next to her, and his arm tightened at her shoulders, but he said nothing. Instead, after a couple of minutes, he rejoined his family in their unofficial quote competition, and Leanne breathed a little easier and forced her attention back to the movie. It was, she had to admit, very funny, and very romantic, and a really good distraction.

It also gave her a great excuse to get all teary-eyed towards the completely over-the-top ending. Tammy was delighted.

"At long last! A girl after my own heart. These two keep teasing me for getting too emotional."

Leanne forced a smile, and Joe chuckled, and then stood up. "Anyone else for a night cup?"

They all moved to sit around the dining table standing in the middle of the huge kitchen. Joe uncorked a bottle of wine and then poured and served a glass to each.

"Cheers."

Mr. McConnel raised his glass in a cursory motion and they all mimicked him before taking their first sip. The wine was delicious, fruity and aromatic, and Leanne took a second, larger gulp. Tammy winked and murmured, "Yeah, I'll second that," and did the same. Leanne smiled wistfully. She'd never had a sister, and Tammy was treating her exactly like she'd fantasized a sibling would. It wasn't fair that it wouldn't last... but then, life wasn't fair. She'd learned that lesson early on.

"So, are we happy with the initial numbers we're seeing this summer, with the expanded kiddie farm and the fresh produce store?" Mr. McConnel asked conversationally, looking between his two children. Tammy shrugged, and looked pointedly at Joe. "It's only been a couple of days, I haven't got all the numbers yet. What's your sense of it, Joe?"

Leanne shifted uncomfortably in her chair. Being their guest for a movie night was one thing; being privy to a business-related conversation felt different, and she was decidedly out of place. Joe noticed her discomfort, and answered curtly.

"My gut feel is that it's going very well, but that's all it is at this point. We'll know more in a week or two, when we've had a chance to compile and analyse the data properly. But the truth is, I don't want to talk shop tonight. Thank you for choosing the perfect movie, sis. Now if you'll excuse us, Leanne and I will be calling it a night."

He scraped his chair back as he stood, and then helped Leanne with hers, offering his hand at the same time. She took it gratefully as she thanked both Mr. McConnel - Michael - and his daughter for the delightful evening, and within moments they were out the door.

Once outside they both breathed deep, and then smiled to each other.