All Comments on 'Dead Voices'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
confusing

When describing the audio from the recording it says that Frank and Rita were in a long time relationship.

Since Frank and Rita were married to each other that would be reasonable.

Maybe it had been Jack and Rita that was meant?

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
revealing

o, again you have written another thoughtful rendition of adult relationships. You crafted a revelation of how Impulsive suppositions and unsubstantiated allegations so easily convict the innocent.

I think this writer has clearly, methodically displayed that the survivors had good reasons to believe in the fidelity of their deceased spouses. Carefully re-reading of this story should clarify the knee-jerk reactions of those who always seek a scapegoat.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 8 years ago
Language problems

Especially near the end. Who is narrating?

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
That's A Story With Romance****

Good read very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

oggbashanoggbashanover 8 years agoAuthor
Oops. TwoCrows is right.

Early in my story I made a mistake, putting the name Frank where it should read Jack. Thank you for finding the error and pointing it out.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 8 years ago
2nd to the last paragraph begins;

"After the funeral we could arrange the funerals."

OOPS?

oggbashanoggbashanover 8 years agoAuthor
Oops again!

The second to last paragraph should say 'after the INQUEST...'

I noticed that as soon as the story was posted, but not before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
love...

I don't know whether you have experienced the suspicion or conviction that a person has lingered after death to support and assure goodness knows what, but I'm sure you have by the little things you say that also went through my mind when my man died recently. The first 3 days after his death I can say for surtain he was here. Sceptics will forever smile that little 'we won't say anything' smile of theirs, but that doesn't subtract from the fact that his presence had been far more than the smells and familiar objects left behind with him no longer there physically. Thank you for the story.

Evebroughtanaxthistime

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Mortification! Sorry 'bout my atrocious spelling.

Evebroughtanax

RasmatRasmatover 8 years ago

A lovely (a word I never use.) story.

WilCox49WilCox49about 6 years ago
Nice little story

I'm afraid I had guessed some kind of script long before they got to the coroner's office. I'm not crazy about Jack's voice whispering in her ear, as a plot device, but otherwise it's pretty believable. (I'm not sure what "death by misadventure" translates to in US law, and I'm doubtful that Jack's and Rita's deaths would be ruled accidental over here, but this is something I really don't know much about.)

Anyway, as I said, nice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...

SIMILAR Stories