All Comments on 'Death & The Single Girl'

by Anitole

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nosalgic take on the movie classic " Meet Joe Black "influences staring the handsome Brad Pitt. Marley( Single Girl) & Joe( Death) a surprising romantic treat of a Halloween tale and bad day for naughty Drew.

Catch ya later

Cheers!

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
Wonderful

This has got to be one of the best fantasy stories I have read on this site. I'll stick my neck out further and say it's better than many a tale I've read in professionally published anthologies. A wonderful five-star piece of work, Anitole.

IWishICouldWriteIWishICouldWriteover 2 years ago

A beautiful story very well written. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you very much for the kind encouragement, Maonaigh.

Meet Joe Black was indeed an inspiration. Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to like, vote, and follow!

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

This was as good as the original movie. As Joe Black says ... "someone always pays" in the end. Nicely written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful, wonderful, cinematic, erotic….words fail me

AlkymistAlkymistover 2 years ago

Well written. Smart and witty. Enjoyed the concept and the banter between the characters.

FortheseFortheseover 2 years ago

A beautiful variation of the "Death and the Maiden" theme.

Well written and carefully crafted, as usual.

I really enjoy your play with literary motifs.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Alkymist. I hoped to be as original as I could be with a borrowed premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

a truly awesome story that just fits the times

BriteStudioMKMBriteStudioMKMover 2 years ago

This was fucking AWESOME dude. Like a romantic twilight zone episode. Completely fantastic and I’ve GOT to see what else you come up with in the future if this is your standard of writing

Jez4funJez4funover 2 years ago

Best of the best! I hope you win! Thanks--you made my day. (I've never seen "Meet Joe Black" and I'm glad, because this was brand new to me.)

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

A fantastic story told with great skill. Truly, I was expecting this not to go well but still surprised how it ended. You're going on my favourite author list. 5⛤.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Jex4fun and BriteStudioMKM...

You are both too kind. But the compliments matter.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful

Borin3Borin3over 2 years ago

This is the first story on this site I've ever gone back and immediately re-read. Thank you for such a wonderful story, written with real style and intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dr beulahthebrit. Absolutely brilliant story, one I, for one will bookmark and re-read from time to time. This was totally wonderful, style, grace and intelligence, you really have talent.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Second place! Thank you all do much for reading and voting. I never imagined I would make it into the top 20 let alone the top 5.

Honored and thankful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely great story, BUT ONE SLIP , DIGOXIN DOESN'T COME IN .375 mg. .125 and .250 mg, and they are different color. One is white and another is yellow.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Well, nobody's perfect. And I don't have a PDR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This person could write professionally. Thousands of erotic novels are sold every day. Perhaps even millions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So lovely.to read and ironically comforting. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Umm... thanks for recapping a 24 year old movie?

I can't believe this story took a top 3 space away from an original work.

WillReads2021WillReads2021over 2 years ago

Ah! A terrific tale with a just right ending... I look forward to the sequel when the meet again, decades from now, Marley’s hair as white as snow, lovers reunited.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous,

I know, right!? I voted for Night of the Giving Head...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meet Joe Black…. Loved the movie and loved your reinterpretation. Similar enough to be familiar yet different enough to really enjoy the twists and turns. Thank you for your work. I truly appreciate it!

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Death & the Single Girl https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KPYHTXJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_AWSJNMHJ5A47191MMGXT

Now available on Amazon.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow. startling fresh and so neat. awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it and how death decided that the better person should live. I could very easily see Terry Pratchett writing something similar

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

That was outstanding, original and well written, also completely bewitching. Not sure if you riffed on the Harvey Keitel line “Someone has to go to Jail”, but a completely different kind of story, it deserves much more than a 5⭐️, but sorry I can’t do more for you Anitole, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Terry Pratchett has been a favorite for many years. I read most of his Discworld novels and loved his collaboration with Neil Gaiman on Good Omens years before they turned it into an Amazon Series. That is high praise.

jmcharl1jmcharl1over 2 years ago

One of the best stories I’ve read here.

Wonderful take on Joe Black. Loved the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can see why these stories were so well, received, they are brilliantly constructed and so well written. This one really hit me hard emotionally and that is one of the marks of a spectacular tale by an incredible author. I wanted to thank you for a most needed emotional release and a story that will stick with me for years as well as be read many times over and over again.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of my favorite movies, and THE best fan fiction of Meet Joe Black I've ever read. Possibly THE best fan fiction, period. You did an excellent job capturing the characters, their nuances, tone, and pacing. Very well done indeed.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

5 big stars. Wow. Very seriously. First time I've seen an ancient Greek philosopher in these pages.

Plato is of course flatly contradicted by Paul of Tarsus, you know. Four hundred years later, he wrote: "So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” (Referencing Isaiah.)

AnitoleAnitoleover 2 years agoAuthor

Chopinesque... just pull my hair and play a nocturne why don't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I absolutely loved this story. With the mythology and the perception of Death.

AlberothAlberothover 2 years ago

Wow… I mean seriously wow. It started off a little slow, but the ending was superb. 10 out of 10 stars if I could award that many.

Charlie3pgCharlie3pgover 2 years ago

Wow ! What a story, slow to start, but then couldn’t put it down!

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 2 years ago

God, I loved this...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. This was something straight out of Gaiman.

You took an eldritch entity like the personification of Death, and made it, not relatable, but a sympathetic character.

There were a few spelling mistakes, but the story was just so good.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for this, a story that had me say Wow!” My highest praise: I bought all your books on Amazon in one fell swoop a few minutes ago. Do keep writing: you are gifted.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
That was good Anitole

Nicely tied and balanced

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant story, but suffering from a lot of usage errors (ie. segway for segue, etc.). Find someone to edit your work—this story’s conception was to good to allow it to be damaged by mistakes.

FortheseFortheseover 2 years ago

This is the third time I've read this story, I'd like to give 5 stars, every time. A little peace of art. Your best story so far, an all your stories are good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave this five stars when I first read it. I just reread it after a couple of months to see if it was really as good as I remembered. It's better. I like the way the characters are revealed by their actions, instead of the shortcut of writing a description of them. Time to read through the rest of Anitole's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ten stars for original story line and excellent writing.

Thank you.

A lively fan in YYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Amazing

adegeromeadegeromeabout 2 years ago

Phenomenally good writing. Superb, convoluted plot development. Excellent character development. Bravo! Brava! (as the case may be)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was fantastic! It's the best thing I've read in a long while and not just here. Best short story in a long time. Period. Full stop. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! That was great. Not often on this site are stories that pull you in for the plot. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved it.

JTV1991JTV1991almost 2 years ago

While I found the "doomed person charms/seduces death and is saved" plot fairly typical to a story involving a personified reaper, I enjoyed how death shifted and changed for the doomed; what caused them to take the form they eventually adopted.

You've inspired an idea for a story of my own :) I hope it's a quarter the quality of this :)

bhojobhojoalmost 2 years ago

This is masterful.

rewski84rewski84almost 2 years ago

Wow. I'm very glad to have stumbled upon your story. Beautifully written -- thank you.

lorrisuelorrisuealmost 2 years ago

Loved this!! Probably the 4th time I`ve read it....gets better every time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you,

Norway_1705Norway_1705almost 2 years ago

The best narrative I've read in my entire life. Better than Pessoa, Swift, Molière and Homer fused together.

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful gem.

"the Orion nebula"... Great.

scarlett69scarlett69almost 2 years ago

This is the best story I've read on this site. As an avid reader of all genres and an English teacher, I really hope you are actively seeking publication. You are definitely good enough for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Death Takes a Holiday.....

Meet Joe Black.....

I am sure you went another direction, opposed to the two movies this story is based on, but the similarities kept from reading it past the first page. Just my preferences, nothing against you.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Well done, bravo

Thanks for writing

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Well done! Wasn't sure if the Doc was going to get a reprieve or not, but a great ending, well not so much for Drew, lol. Glad Literotica recommended it to me, thanks

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

one of my favorites

KlitomaticKlitomaticover 1 year ago

Loved the similarities, loved the differences.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautifully written… just loved what you did with Meet Joe Black…

hellokitty802hellokitty8024 months ago

Beautiful story! I prefer more spice, this was lackluster and the spicy scenes were hard to grasp what was going on because of the lack of details. Still it was an amazing story and the end was just perfect!

ChromaticOrbChromaticOrb4 months ago

I didn't come to this site to tear up at a story, yet here we are...

HandsOnListeningHandsOnListening4 months ago

What a gorgeously woven tale. Beautifully written. just what i needed tonight.

The conversations with little Willa were most touching, and got me wondering if everyone is a character from a film or story?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a superb story. Thank you.

JamesBBKJamesBBK4 months ago

Forgive me. Fuck that was good. Well written. Pulled emotional strings and felt as if I lived, or died, it. Funny how life can change in an instant! Thank you for an awesome story.

Blinkie99Blinkie99about 2 months ago

I really enjoyed the story. Great job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fantastic!!!

BurgerPlaceResidentBurgerPlaceResident14 days ago

Nice touch giving Joe a way to keep his promise to Bill and deliver Drew into the hands of Justice at the same time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnitole@Anitole
270 Followers
If you wish to find me on Twitter: @AnitoleJ I also have a few of my stories independently published on Amazon. My first novel Coyote: A Pansexual Erotica was published in the late summer of 2021. I am planning a second novel by the end of 2021 along with a few shorter p...

SIMILAR Stories