Deciphering the Bloom Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
seeker71
seeker71
168 Followers

"Nic no, no." David begged on bended knee. Nicolao was going to get hurt trying to protect him.

The large man cast his eyes down at his cherished. "I swear I won't let him hurt you."

"Ain't you a dumb sonofabitch. How about I just shoot you?"

"You can't hurt him Ben, Jeremy wants him. If you shoot him, you won't get paid."

Benjamin's hands shook, he needed to get well and everything was going to shit. He kicked David in frustration. He was right. All of this was for Mylonas, but that Mexican Indian mother fucker was fucking everything up.

Nicolao closed the distance between them. Ben swung the gun to hit the charging man's head, with his finger on the trigger. The sound of the gun was as it was always, loud and life ending.

In the ringing silence of stereocilia breaking, David watched as Nicolao fell, blood pouring from his head. His mouth opened with no scream. He was dumb, but he scrambled to him. Then pain, as Benjamin hit him with the gun. Stunned, he fell on the motionless body.

Ben pushed David out of the way and rifled through Nicolao's jacket pocket, until he found the keys. Maybe they would blame the shooting on Davey. No one knew he was there, and if the rich asshole told about him he would be in trouble too. Benjamin looked at his nephew. The car and David would keep him flush for a while. He grabbed the young man by the hair and dragged him to the vehicle.

He shoved him in the back seat. Ben bound his wrists with the chord of the cell phone charger he found on the front seat, cranked the car, and backed out.

When the car began moving David's voice returned. "Please Ben, call 911. Get him an ambulance, please." David could see Nic on the ground, a red corona around his head.

"The dead don't need 911, Davey Boy."

They drove out of Hope's Cove, away from all of the things that were David's life.

Justice ducked down when the black car drove past with only one of his friends inside. He knew the sound of gunfire, intimately. Something was wrong in the special place. He focused on what he was supposed to do when things went wrong. Jeremy. He was to get Jeremy.

The keypad had been left open by the man he didn't know. Which was good, he didn't have to look for the key. He punched the number to the office, with ease.

"Hello?" A woman answered.

"Get me Jeremy; tell him it's an emergency."

"He's not in-"

Justice pressed the red button, ending the connection. The link was only from the keypad to the office. He had a cell phone. He pulled it out of his pocket, hoping it was charged; he used it once a week. He dialed one of the five numbers in his contacts, the number that was for emergencies only.

"I need you, at Sybil's place."

He put the phone in his coat, and ventured a look in the open gate. He was not supposed to get involved with things anymore. Jeremy told him he had to wait, and he would fix it.

Justice shook his head at the idea. He didn't wait on other people, that boy had it all confused. He walked through the gate, for the first time in years.

Nicolao opened his eyes. He was on the ground. He began a swift self inventory. He was on concrete and bleeding. He placed both hands in front of him and pushed himself to his knees, blood ran from his head into his eyes. Dee? Where was David? He turned his head and saw the car was gone. A groan of frustration came from his lips.

He had him. Benjamin had taken him, he had let that vermin take him. Nicolao lurched to his feet with purpose. He had to get to a phone. The pain in his head caused his knees to buckle, as he stumbled he felt arm on his torso steadying him.

"Slow down, young buck."

Nic stared in Justice's face, as the old man threw his arm over his shoulder and began moving into the house.

"Justice, he has David. Call the police." Nic fumbled for his phone.

"Calm yourself. I called. Work on getting inside, you're too big to carry if you fall out."

Nic allowed himself to be lead inside and pushed on a stool.

Justice removed his tattered gloves and washed his hands in the sink. He filled a bowl with water and grabbed dish towels. He explained while he worked.

"I heard the gunshot and saw the man leave with your boy. I called, so help's coming. It's been a few minutes just keep focus and clean some of that blood off your face." Justice handed him a wet towel, while he scrutinized his cut.

Gingerly the homeless man examined the wound to Nicolao's scalp.

"Looks like the bullet grazed you."

"The gun went off when he clubbed me with it." Nic listened. "Justice, there should be sirens, who did you call?"

Both of them turned to the sound of squealing tires. Jeremy ran through the open door.

He stopped and took in the scene before him. Justice was fine, he was doctoring Nicolao.

Nic stared at his former friend. His head was throbbing and he struggled to discern what he knew: Justice was sane, David was gone and Jeremy was there. The world had switched to reverse and the elementary logic of the new land confounded him.

"Someone took David, and gave him a permanent part. Stole that black Impala they just got. We still run passage here?" Jeremy nodded, "Call in with a description." Justice looked down at Nic, "He had the code and key, a friendly. Where do you think he took him?"

Nicolao didn't change his gaze. "It's his Uncle Benjamin, they may be headed to the Under."

Justice raised an eyebrow at Jeremy. "This doesn't have anything to do with us then. Good. But make the call."

"Right away," Jeremy got his phone, "Justice are you alright?"

Justice shrugged, "Adrenaline maybe. I'm here for now."

Nicolao held the cloth to his head and listened as Jeremy called in the description of the car and David.

He hung up and approached Nicolao.

"The entire place is sewn up, especially if they head back to the Under. We need to get you to the hospital, but Nicolao what exactly happened?"

Jeremy was standing in his home, his home with his David and he was asking for an explanation.

Nicolao stood, letting the blood soaked towel fall. "What happened? You gave a rabid animal access to our home, and act surprised when it attacked?" His voice was calm, unnervingly even. "Did you even call someone or was that for show?"

Jeremy stepped back, "I called, of course I called." He sighed, things were going to hell. Nicolao obviously knew he had sent the uncle. "None of this was supposed to happen. Ben said that he would talk to him. I only wanted to protect you, and preserve us. I needed time, your time so I could explain."

Nicolao battled silently for control, internally searching for the voice of his prayers, but found silence. Despair rose from the depths of his soul stripping him of the safeguards of intellect and reason.

Jeremy mistook his stillness.

"I never meant for you to get hurt." Jeremy stepped closer and touched Nicolao's discolored bloody temple.

The contact unhinged him, his mouth filled with wretchedness, and he howled. Nicolao grabbed the offending hand and struck Jeremy in the jaw with the other. Jeremy spun with the hit, managing to pull his arm free.

"Nicolao wait! Let me explain." Jeremy faced him palms up, he knew how to defend himself, but he would not unless he absolutely had to.

Nic charged, pinning him against the wall in the living room. His right forearm pressed against Jeremy's neck and holding one arm while his other hand gripped the other arm.

"Explain? What can you explain? You had some P. I. tell you lies fed to him by Benjamin. A sack of shit, heroin junkie, that molested the only good thing in his life. "

Indignant anger left Jeremy's hazel eyes.

"Then sold him, and offered him up to men to use. While good people like you, did nothing, made him feel like he was trash. When it's you that's the real filth, you commit crimes in thousand dollar suits, and hope the money makes you clean. The day before I came to you I found him beaten in that hell hole and you send that lunatic here."

The truth of his words was evident; he hadn't wanted to see it. Jeremy did not struggle against Nicolao's grip. Nicolao let his arms go, but continued to talk.

"We tried; he wanted to talk to you, ojete. You only had to call; he was going to tell you himself. But you didn't. You sent him. He could kill him, my D-"

Forming the name of his most dear slipped the final bond of civility.

"David!"

Jeremy blocked the first hit, but the unrestrained force took him to his knees. The next blow had blood filling his mouth. Jeremy fell to his hands then raised himself onto his knees. His hands limp at his sides. The bones of his cheek fragmented under the next hit and sent him to the carpet.

Nicolao grabbed him by the collar, his pain demanding more retribution.

Justice threw himself between him and Jeremy's body.

"No more, no more! Please, don't hit my son anymore."

Nicolao stared. In order to get to Jeremy he would have to harm Justice. They were all mad he decided and let go. Jeremy's limp body fell into the black man's arms.

He walked to the counter in the kitchen. His head and hands throbbed, where were the police? Feeling drained he rested his head on the counter, that was when he noticed Breezy standing in the open door.

Breezy watched the peculiar play she had walked in on. Nicolao took notice of her and she forced herself into action. She took a clean towel from the counter and went to the freezer. She made a quick ice pack and placed it on Nic's wound.

She did not like the look in his eyes, it was unsettling. She spoke softly, as she held the ice in place. "Nicolao, tell me what's happening."

Nic closed his eyes. He had no real answer; it was all loco. "Jeremy let David's uncle in here while I was at work. He was kidnapping him at gunpoint when I arrived. I charged and got this," he raised his hand to his head. "He stole the car and took him while I was knocked out. Justice helped me, and then Jeremy showed up. They keep saying they called the police, but no one's come but you."

"Alright, do you need an ambulance?" She stepped back as he held the makeshift pack to his skull.

"No ambulance. Saint I have to find him. I need your truck."

Breezy nodded, "We'll go look for him. I swear." She went to the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water and more ice. "Let me talk to them for just a minute. Find out who's out searching. Here drink this water for me," She put the ice in another towel. Nic's eyes made her afraid for him. Whether shock or trauma or loss the man was on the edge.

She walked over and squatted beside Justice in front of Jeremy, offering him the ice pack. When he made no move for it, Justice took it and placed it on his cheek. Jeremy's face was swollen and bloody. His left eye was blood red and closing fast.

"Did you let Benjamin in?"

"Yes."

"Mr. Mylonas we have to find him. Nic thinks David is in real danger. You can't think to hide what you've done, or that Evangelista's gonna let this slide. You did call the police, right?"

"I told him," Jeremy winced as he tried to open his mouth, "I called."

"He called our people, a good piece of the highway department and troopers are ours. We still own the roads. They can't have gotten too far. We'll find him." Justice offered.

Breezy did not hide her incredulity, "You've got people?"

"Lil girl, you work for Hale, Loundes, and Drewery that means I got you."

"Pardon?"

"Ethan Hale," Justice said his name; he had not been himself for so long, it felt good. "I think a smart lady such as you understands what that means."

Breezy looked at her boss and hearing no denial took the man's words as truth. He was retired Judge Ethan Hale. Her agile mind processed the information. "Fuck."

The three spoke in hushed tones, Nicolao watched them with growing unease. He had to leave to find David. "Saint!"

"Coming now." Before she got to her feet, Jeremy's phone bleeped.

He removed it, but it was evident speaking was becoming difficult.

"Yeah, I'm handing you off. Talk to her."

Breezy took the phone, "Secretary... Brecia." She stood a smile coming to her face that faded as quickly as it appeared. "I'm still here. Peltier?... Headed there now." She walked toward Nic. "Thank you."

"They found Davey. They were on the interstate. The trooper had just spotted them when the car lost control; he's been transported to the hospital. We have to go to Peltier right now."

****

David heard nothing Ben was saying.

"They will say you shot him for tellin' you to leave. I'm gonna take care of it, get you somewhere safe." But Davey had seen him shoot someone, and if he died his nephew was the only witness. Davey had a bank card. Why hadn't he gotten the big man's wallet with the keys? He sure as shit wouldn't need it. He would drive a few hours out. Get the money and find a taste. Then sleep in the woods. Benjamin took the interstate ramp, eyeing his nephew in the backseat. What was he going to do with Davey?

David looked out of the window, wrestling with his thoughts. The image of Nicolao falling replayed on a loop in his mind's eye. God is senile and life a sadistic bitch, he thought, trying to connect to his old truth. But even with the certainty that his soul no longer had a home he could not regain that truth. It had been his truth, until that morning on the bus, but no longer.

He had spoken to the most beautiful man and had been rewarded with... everything. He had love and that was the truth of it. Every day was a blessing. All life was filled with so much beauty; Nicolao had shown him how to know it. Riding behind the ogre of his childhood, he still knew it. Cars drove along the same roads leading to everywhere. The world kept spinning in orchestrated chaos. The sun's rays still warmed all, and Nic was bleeding on the concrete. The workings of life were all around him. He would have none of it, if he could no longer share it with Nic.

David shifted his lower back onto the backseat. He drew his legs to his chest and kicked.

The impact caused Benjamin's head to snap sideways, reflexively he jerked the wheel. The black 1967 Impala shot across the interstate, ploughed through the grass median, across the lanes of oncoming traffic, tipped down the slight embankment, then stopped.

... final chapter soon

Flower and Language translation:

Phlox: Souls united

¿Sabe cómo tu irresistible que eres?: Do you know how irresistible you are?

me cosume: I'm consumed

me estoy ahogando en que: I am drowning in it.

Nunca es demasiado pronto: It is never too soon.

Una y otra vez: again and again...

Paseo me: ride me

cualquier cosa que necesites: anything you need

Dio aiutami: God help me (Italian)

seeker71
seeker71
168 Followers