Defiant Destiny Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Deeming myself decent enough I hurried back to the factory hall. Layla was still standing at the top of the stairs in her full demonic glory, watching Cyrea and Eir talk. I took a moment to appreciate her in this form - the sharp spikes covering her body gave her a dangerous, intimidating look without diminishing her sexiness at all.

I handed her a t-shirt and still felt her wariness through our bond. "How can you trust her? She took souls!" she told me privately, her eyes fixed on Eir, like a predator watching its prey. Layla held the t-shirt in her clawed hands, not letting her demonic form recede.

"Because Cyrea trusts her," I answered, "and I trust Cyrea."

Layla looked at me through the corner of her eye and must have noticed the lack of intimidating demonic traits on my body.

"Fine..." she grudgingly conceded and shifted to her human form, wringing her head through the t-shirt opening. "But I'm watching her," she added dangerously.

I smiled at her. "So am I, my sweet. I won't let anyone hurt you or Cyrea," I replied, giving Layla a loving kiss and walked down the stairs to meet Eir.

As I approached the two women I could tell that Eir's heartbeat was erratic and she was anxiously scouring the environment. It must have been a long time since she left her home in hell. Cyrea meanwhile actively engaged Eir in happy chitchat, complimenting her on her beautiful dress.

Eir's gaze snapped to me descending the stairs to the factory floor and her eyes never left me as I set foot on the factory floor.

Cyrea noticed Eir's distraction and a large smile appeared on her face when she saw me approach. "Dante!" she purred and glided over to me, sliding into my embrace and placing a loving kiss on my lips. I smiled fondly at Cyrea and returned the kiss, making her sigh in delight. "Poor Eir feels so nervous..." Cyrea told me during our kiss. "I hope that seeing the love between us will ease her mind somewhat."

My clever little succubus... 'My clever manipulating little succubus,' I thought as I lingered a little in her kiss before releasing my mate and handing her the t-shirt.

"Here," I said.

Cyrea took the item of clothing from me and raised a surprised eyebrow at me.

I chuckled at her reaction. "I know succubi don't care about nudity, but among humans it's considered polite to cover your genitals on social occasions," I explained with a wink. Cyrea smiled sheepishly and put on the t-shirt that reached halfway her thighs.

She pouted when she looked down at her body. "Couldn't you have given me something more... form fitting?" she sighed, frowning at the lack of sex appeal of her outfit.

I smiled and placed a quick kiss on top of her crimson curls. "You'd look delicious wearing a garbage bag, my love," I replied, laughing at Cyrea rolling her eyes at me.

"You're SO romantic sometimes..." she sighed dramatically.

I peeked at Eir, hoping our playful banter would have eased her stress somewhat, but I could tell that she was still very nervous. From what I had learned I expected 'the Valkyrie' to be a fierce, immortal hating mage, but this lady that was standing in my home rather looked like a scared or nervous woman.

I stepped forward to Eir and extended my hand in greeting. "Welcome to our home, Eir. It is good to finally meet you. I have heard much about you. I'm Dante," I said with a welcoming smile on my face.

Eir's nervous eyes looked intensely into mine. She was still clutching her staff and did not make any move to shake my hand. For the longest time she just stared into my eyes, switching from one eye to the other with an investigative look on her face. I simply let her stare - I had become used to being some sort of anomaly in the immortal world - so I merely waited for her to finish looking at me.

After a while she frowned and her gaze drifted, deep in thought. Suddenly she noticed my still outstretched hand, gasped and quickly shook it. "Oh! I'm sorry! I was... I mean..." she stuttered in her light voice. "Hello. My name is Eir Gunhildsdottir. I am honored to meet you," she added with a blush and a small smile as she shook my hand.

"The honor is all mine," I replied with a smile and a polite nod. "I know you've met Cyrea a few times now, and I would also like you to meet Layla. She's the third member of our little family."

I turned my head towards Layla, who was still standing at the top of the stairs with her arms crossed, glaring at Eir.

"Please, my sweet. Come down and say hello," I asked her. I could feel her grudging resistance through our bond and was equally pleased and relieved when she began descending the stairs to join us.

"Eir, please meet Layla. She is also a succubus as you are probably aware," I introduced Layla to our visitor.

Eir politely introduced herself to Layla in acquaintance, but Layla just kept staring defiantly into her eyes, not greeting Eir. I suppressed a sigh at her impolite behavior, but then noticed her gaze had drifted towards Eir's staff - more specifically, to the four shiny, swirly gemstones set in her staff.

"I do NOT like that you took someone's soul and I do NOT care why you did it," Layla said sternly, narrowing her eyes to slits. "Dante and Cyrea trust you, but if you ever... EVER... harm us, you will die. Understand?" she emphasized with a growl, her power rolling off her in waves.

I closed my eyes in frustration and suppressed a groan. The excellent social manipulating skills Cyrea possessed were nowhere to be found in my sweet Layla. She was as forward as ever. What a way to make a powerful mage with trust issues feel right at home.

With a sigh I opened my eyes, fully intent on smoothing out the blunt remark from Layla when Eir beat me to it with her reply.

"I understand," she spoke formally and met Layla's stern gaze unflinching. "I know you cannot see into my soul to see me speak truly, but I assure you that I have no intention of harming you - any of you. The souls I have taken were viciously evil, and I only did it to protect myself. Believe me, I did everyone a favor by removing them from the cycle," she said sharply and tightly grasped her staff, as if ready to defend herself if necessary.

I warily eyed the situation, not wanting it to escalate before we even had a chance to talk.

Layla had not noticed the defensive change in Eir's stance. My sweet succubus merely scoffed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in annoyance. "Humans..." she grumbled with a sigh. "Dante said the same thing..."

Eir turned her wide eyes to me and loosened her grip on her staff. "You did?" she asked, perplexed.

I nodded. "I would have done the same in your place," I told her and watched Eir's face briefly light up in surprise and a wondrous smile appeared on her face.

I returned her smile and looked over to a grumbling Layla, "And what will I do if someone tries to hurt you or Cyrea?"

Layla's pout faded and a shy, yet wicked smile appeared in its stead. "You will destroy them to their very core - taking their souls so they won't try again."

I smiled at Layla, seeing the fire behind her eyes. "And why?" I pressed, making sure to remind her. Layla's mouth dropped open slightly as the wickedness disappeared from her face. "Because you love us..." she whispered.

I felt her uncertainty through our bond as she answered that question, as if she still didn't quite believe it herself. I located that spot in my heart where I stored all my love for Layla, and I shared it with her unfiltered. Her corresponding blush and shy smile made my heart soar.

"Because I love you," I replied softly, and opened my arms to gather both Cyrea and Layla in a loving hug, placing sweet kisses on their hair.

Eir silently watched our interactions with a gentle smile on her face. Finally her heartbeat seemed to have calmed down and she didn't clutch her staff as tightly anymore. I noticed her absentmindedly rubbing a white gem on her staff and a pained look seeped into her eyes. Eir squeezed her eyes shut, and when she reopened them, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I peeked at Cyrea, but she was still happily purring in my arms and hadn't noticed it. I wondered what happened to Eir in the past that had hurt her so.

Slowly I released a blushing Layla and a purring Cyrea from my arms. "Let's go into my office, so we can talk," I proposed to all of the ladies, turning around and ushering my succubi towards the stairs.

"Uhm... Actually..." Eir began, tentatively, and her heart rate picked up again, "Please... I mean you no offense Cyrea and Layla, but if you don't mind I would very much like to speak with Dante alone. It's been so long since I've spoken with a fellow human... Or former human... If you don't mind..."

Cyrea smiled. "Of course we don't mind. We'd love to give you some time to chat," she chirped, dragging Layla towards the factory doors.

"HOLD ON!" Layla shouted, sharply pulling her hand out of Cyrea's. "No way I'm going outside dressed in this!" she called out indignantly, gesturing at the black oversized t-shirt she wore.

Cyrea looked at Layla's t-shirt with a frown, and then at her own. "Right, we'll change first, then we'll go," she conceded and bounded up the stairs with Layla following suit. I chuckled watching them race the stairs, anxious to wear something sexy and form fitting.

Within seconds my ladies returned to the factory floor, wearing nothing but a very sexy dress and high heels. For a moment I completely forgot about Eir and could only stare at those two gorgeous succubi as they strutted towards me - my gorgeous succubi, I remembered with a proud grin.

Layla wore the crimson dress she wore earlier, looking as stunning as ever with her brown wavy hair cascading down her back. But then my eyes fell upon the black dress she brought for Cyrea, though the word "dress" didn't quite cover it though - it rather resembled a very long piece of narrow cloth, wrapped around her body, leaving bits of naked skin for my eyes to enjoy.

While I could suppress a lusty growl, there was no way I could wipe the lecherous smile from my face as they strutted down the stairs. "This looks much better on you ladies," I mumbled, watching them saunter over and leaned in for a deep kiss. "Much better..." I repeated, letting my hands trail over their asses, pressing their bodies into mine.

I deeply inhaled their scents and my breath came out as a pleased growl. Not wanting lust to take over I reluctantly released them and stepped back, eyeing them over approvingly. The girls cooed when they saw my approval and I watched their etheric tails intertwine.

"How about you two go over to Alexis? I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear about the recent turn of events," I suggested.

My idea was welcomed with a warm smile from both Cyrea and Layla. Cyrea approached me, swaying her ass sexily as she did. When she reached me she lazily traced her finger across my chest and looked seductively into my eyes with her deep blue ones. "I would very much like to finish what I started with Charlene last time..." she said in a sultry voice. "With your permission of course..." she added, leaning in for a wet kiss.

I groaned when I felt her lust stir through our bond. "But of course, my love," I mumbled against her luscious lips, smiling as her joy echoed through our bond.

Layla came up to me from behind and rubbed herself all over my back. "Mmm... And could I please feed from the doormen? I've trained them so well to know what I like. It'd be a shame if my lessons faded..." she sighed longingly, and I could feel her hard nipples poke my back. Layla sensually rubbed them across the markings, and I couldn't suppress a groan.

"But of course, my sweet," I replied with a grin.

My ladies each gave me a goodbye kiss and happily strutted out the front door, holding hands and their etheric tails again intertwined.

The idea of my succubi inciting uncontrollable lust in others pleased my demon greatly, and I watched them leave with a proud smile. I looked down at the large tent in my sweatpants my ladies left me with and sighed. Alas, not proper etiquette in a social situation. I looked over to Eir with an apologizing smile.

"Sorry about that. My ladies tend to have that effect on me," I mumbled in apology, and tried to adjust the bulge. Eir looked a little flustered and was blushing profusely. She didn't reply nor made eye contact, and I figured she might not have had many lovers.

"Care to join me upstairs? We can sit comfortably there while we talk," I proposed, gesturing in the general direction of my office upstairs. I sincerely hoped my erection would have receded by the time we sat down so Eir wouldn't be uncomfortable. Eir was still at a loss of words and merely nodded, avoiding eye contact. Poor thing. I hoped she'd warm up to us soon, because having two horny succubi roam the place tended to lead to more than an accidental erection.

***Eir***

Amazing... They shared their love and their lust so freely. And so...visibly.

I tried very hard not to look at Dante's erection, it was just that... Oh my... I'd never seen a man erect before... I'd never even...

My head snapped up when I heard the metallic sounds of someone ascending the stairs. 'Pay attention!' I chastised myself and quickly caught up with Dante making his way up the stairs. I cast my eyes down at the steps, trying not to gawk too much at him. He was a very attractive man and, while I was grateful he at least wore pants, it would help a lot if he had worn a shirt too.

I sighed and tried to focus on the steps of the stairs. I could distinctly remember humans wearing more items of clothing than mere pants, despite this comfortable indoor temperature. Surely humanity hadn't given up on covering their bodies in the last millenium?

Yet, perhaps it was a demon thing? After all, Dante was a demon now and mated to not one, but two succubi - demons who were notorious for their promiscuity and...well, erotic endeavors. The image of his tented pants was still burned into my mind's eye - Dante had obviously acquiesced very well to his new nature.

I sighed again - this was the price I paid for not visiting Earth in centuries - catching up on social behavior was something I never looked forward to, and it flooded me with doubt and questions.

By the time we reached his "office", whatever that was, the bulge in his pants was not obscene anymore, thankfully. At least now I could look at him without blushing too much. Dante preceded me into a room and I looked around in wonder.

I gawked at many of the objects I saw, marveling and curious as to what they were and what purpose they served. My eyes fell upon a plant that sat upon his table and I simply could not tear my eyes away from it. Its leaves were green and the flower was in bloom, yet it was not alive... 'Impossible...' I thought, fascinated, and I briefly focused my senses to detect any sign of life in the plant, but I couldn't find any... How incredibly strange. I resisted the urge to poke it, not sure if it would be dangerous.

"I don't detect any life in that plant. Is it dead?" I asked, baffled.

Dante chuckled. "Well, technically it's never been alive. It is a replica of a plant, designed to look like the real thing but without having to water it. It's for decoration purposes."

I slowly shook my head listening to his explanation. How strange - all that human ingenuity, and they created plant replicas just so they didn't need to water them. I both wondered and worried what else humanity had done during these past centuries.

I took a step back and let my eager eyes take in the rest of the room. I spotted another replica plant but suppressed my curiosity to go over and inspect it. I sighed softly, feeling like an unknowing, inquisitive child every time I visited Earth... My eyes settled on Dante who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded in front of his chest, watching me take it all in.

How I wished he was also wearing a shirt... I willed myself not to gawk at his torso... his muscles... and focused on his face instead.

A gentle smile framed his lips. "If you have any questions, whatever they may be, feel free to ask," he assured me.

I stared at him as a myriad of questions swirled in my mind... Why are you so friendly? I'm a stranger to you... Is this a ruse? Are you going to try and control me after all? I tightly gripped my staff and lightly shook my head - no, I would not ask him that. I knew from Cyrea that he wouldn't hurt me...

"Very well. If you change your mind, just ask, alright?" he replied, still wearing that gentle smile of his.

I froze. Oh my! He mistook me shaking my head as an answer to his question! I didn't mean... Oh well, it didn't matter really. I watched Dante push himself off the wall and walk towards a big leather chair in the back of the room. I admired the markings of his two succubi on his back - they were so beautiful... Then my eyes trailed to his muscles again.

I abruptly turned around and silently cursed myself. Stop gawking at him! I forced my eyes to look at the replica plant again and suppressed a sigh.

My mind was trying to find the words to express what I wanted to ask him, or why I wanted to meet him. Dante was the only human I had ever met who could also see the auras of the immortals. He was the only human ever in recorded history to claim a succubus. He claimed not one, but two! I knew he physically wasn't human anymore, but that didn't matter - his mind was human born and was untainted by immortal culture. He saw the logic of taking a soul. He could love like a human could, he even loved an immortal.

A human with an immortal soulmate...

I felt pain begin to surface, but I suppressed it ruthlessly. I grasped my staff tightly, blindly locating the white gem with my thumb and rubbed over it. I could still feel the remnants of his emotions...

My gaze shifted uneasily from the decorative plant to the window, and back again. Dante was the only one who could know - the only one who could answer my question... He would know...

"I was wondering..." I began tentatively, staring out the window, yet registering nothing. "When you met Cyrea... How did you know she was your soulmate?"

I heard the squeaking of leather as Dante reclined in his chair. He was silent for a moment, then took a deep breath. "When I first saw Cyrea walk across the street from me, I was instantly mesmerized by her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen... With every fiber of my being I wanted nothing more than to touch her, to kiss her, to hold her close to me. All I could think of was that she was mine..." he slowly recalled with a dreamy voice.

My gaze drifted momentarily.

Mine...

That word... It bound lovers before they could even consummate their love...

It was such a powerful word...

I swallowed hard at the pain I felt in my chest. Elias never called me that...

Dante cleared his throat and continued. "I was overcome with an intense and almost primal desire to make love to her and claim her, so the world knew we belonged to each other. Part of me knew it was impossible for a human to claim a succubus, but I didn't care," Dante sighed longingly, replaying the memories in his mind.

From the corner of my eye I could tell his penis had hardened during his recollection. I wasn't sure how to behave, so I just kept staring at the replica plant while Dante continued his story.

"I knew at that moment that I loved her and that she loved me," he chuckled. "It's strange... We didn't know each other at all, merely each other's names, but that didn't matter. She was mine and I would protect her till my dying day," he said with a smile as he looked at me.