All Comments on 'Degrees of Separation'

by onemore84

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Great story!

My only criticism is that the ending felt a bit rushed.

Instead of Katy's mother dying before he got there, it would've been interesting to have a final conversation with Megan. Why didn't she try to make contact after she found out she was pregnant? There was a chance he wasn't the father... so was she cheating on him, or slept with a guy after Jeff left town?

Also the divorce with Janice was brushed over. They'd been married for nearly twenty years, then he serves her with divorce papers out of the blue. That could've made for a very dramatic confrontation, with her accusing him of having an affair, and it would've been interesting to see if he was honest with her. The relationship with the wife seemed a bit weird anyway; I wouldn't be surprised if she'd been cheating on him for years.

writerjabwriterjababout 1 year ago

Half his age? Snore.

grenefiregrenefireabout 1 year ago

Great story. I hope the Mom gets involved in part 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was one of the best pieces of writing I’ve read on this site for a long time. Clever, loving and erotic all at the same time. Wonderful

amepaculamepaculabout 1 year ago

Mom is dead! I could see it coming.

amepaculamepaculabout 1 year ago

Quite a few unanswered questions, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lot of it very well written. Worth about 4.5 so had to give it 5, but that's generous. I felt the hints about the home town and Katy's mother gave the game away too early on, more teasing of us there would have helped. Given that Megan must have been about the same age as him it seemed a shame to kill her off, especially since she'd behaved so honourably towards him.

CristoforoColomboCristoforoColomboabout 1 year ago

Lots to like, but both Jeff and Katy came over as a bit two-dimensional, and I couldn't warm to Jeff. He certainly didn't match up to Megan's description of him. He also didn't strike me as someone likely to attract a woman half his age; he lacked charm and compassion. If he'd been incredibly handsome that could have explained it, but there was no indication of that and 6 foot 6 inches is very tall. You can't get comfortable in a normal bed at that height and it would made him less, not more attractive to a young woman.

Also, Janice hardly deserved to get divorce papers out of the blue. It wasn't as if she'd cheated on him, and it's hardly unusual for couples to spend more time on their individual interests after 20 years of marriage. There was really also nothing to explain how Katy knew he was her father, unless it was in a bit I skipped. And the fact that I skimmed through some of it shows it wasn't fully holding my attention. Like one of the other commentators, I also felt the ending was too rushed, and while the very ending made sense and was quite good, the Megan aspect seemed inappropriate. Kill her off just to clear the way for them. Life ain't like that. Or rather when someone is 'killed off' to suit someone else's lust, the crime is usually discovered in the end and the guilty parties highly spend decades behind bars. To be happy together they needed to work harder through life's challenges to justify and earn lasting bliss. In real life Katy would also have been so upset about the death or her mother and so pre-occupied with practical and legal issues, there'd have been no more sex with Jeff for a month or more. Easy to see a guy like Jeff tiring of her after a few years, especially if that turned out to be the first of several babies. While such stories are fantasy, they work best when everything fits and makes sense. It didn't entirely do that here.

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 year ago

Excellent daddy dawter love story. Five Stars.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 1 year ago

To Grenefire:

Have the “mom” get involved?

Are you really into necrophilia?

Or are you simply a remedial reader?

UnfetteredMaleUnfetteredMaleabout 1 year ago

Tremendous story. Great pacing, hot content. Very excellent twist. Great work and I can't wait for more.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

HOY STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doorknob22doorknob22about 1 year ago

Hot stuff! Very well done.

ss2ss4ss6ss2ss4ss6about 1 year ago

The story was worthy of 5 stars until the very last sentence sucked all the eroticism out of it.

Noting like an exhausted, frustrated, sleep deprived woman dealing with a crying baby and the stench of a crap filled diaper to take an erotic story up to the next mind blowing orgasm level.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 1 year ago

Normally, I would find cross generation incest disgusting. I'm definitely interested in the brother/sister/cousin genre though. But in this specific case, I really enjoyed the story. I guess that falling in love before suspecting that there's a family connection made a difference for me.

I found it sad and tragic that Jeff never got to reconnect with Megan before she died. 😢 They both truly loved each other from the evidence at hand. Think about it. Katy spent her entire life without a father. If Megan was truly screwing other guys at the same time that she was screwing Jeff and pretending to be his girlfriend, then why wasn't one of them Katy's father growing up? Why didn’t Megan find someone else a year or two later? There's no shortage of men who have no issues being a stepfather if they connect with the mother. The only answer that fits is that Jeff was Megan's one and only. The rest is just a smoke screen.

Something else that I wish you had put into the ending is DNA testing. Confirming yes or no to an absolute certainty would have made Jeff and Katy's relationship even hotter. 5/5

rvagirlrvagirl12 months ago

The perfect combination of hot and sweet! I really do love a good GSA story. I can really suspend my disbelief and get swept along on another level.

towedjumpertowedjumper11 months ago

This was good, left me wanting more

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not much of an affair or cheating really when the wife has all but checked out of the marriage. As he said they're basically just two roommates. Sad that things can end up that way. But at least it gives him time for his daddy-daughter dates.

I kept wondering if it really was his daughter from some one-night stand or something way back when, and she knows about it, which is why she keeps postponing telling him when she says she needed to talk to him about something. Turns out I was right. The ending hints at so much more. Too many stories end before the journey is truly over sadly.

ToughSailorToughSailor21 days ago

Basically a very nice story but needs a tad bit of proofreading - You also seem to have a problem congaing verbs. The past tense for grind is ground not grinded and the past tense for thrust is thrust not thrusted - Terrible ending what with the pregnancy implication . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronemore84@onemore84
Male in my late 30's who has a particular weakness for curvy women with dark hair and light eyes. I like to try and write stories that are half from my dirty mind and half from the heart. Hope you enjoy them and please let me know if you do!