All Comments on 'Deidra, David and Jillian'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 225 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder11 months ago

Excellent add-on story. You did miss 1 point though - I'm sure there was a prenuptial agreement considering it was a family business. Dee got what she deserved - a lifetimes worth of regret and no children or grandchildren to spend time with, and she found out the hard way what it feels to be cheated on. Hopefully Jim can find a better woman wherever he goes. As far as Linda goes - my she have a very long, depressing, and pain filled life - and then experience it magnified for every second of eternity!

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft11 months ago

Five stars — well done!

A fitting continuation of GA’s classic story. Very nice to read about some of the other characters from that tale.

jazzharpjazzharp11 months ago

Fun, for the most part. You dealt with some serious issues. But your story was humorous in spite of its seriousness.

Thanks. Good read folks who skip ahead.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Generally, I don't like open invitations for follow up stories! I haven't since The Troubadour's How High the Price. Although, George Anderson is a good writer, I don't like the spawn of follow ups to February Sucks. That said, I think you wrote a good story.

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

I have read all of the follow ups to the original and this is the only truly unique one. Dee and Linda never really change, Jim stays devoted to his kids, but through the miracle of good writing Dave becomes likable and finds a good woman to replace the witch that started the whole thing. 5 stars

jflindersjflinders11 months ago

My dislike of February Sucks and most of the followups to it almost caused me to skip this one. I'm glad to have read it.

KarnevilKarnevil11 months ago

This might be a classic, unfortunately I'll never know as I lost all interest when I read that it was based on February sucks, please people, give it a rest! The original was a complete pile of shit, why make the pile higher?

I know for a fact that this author has decent plots of his own, please use imagination and create something better.

OOAAOOAA11 months ago

GREAT story!!!! It is fantastic how much rope GeorgeAnderson's "February Sucks" has given...

Congratulations!!! 5 stars from here!

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele11 months ago

Great read.

Well done.

5/5

Elias1Elias111 months ago

Very good writer... Please continue ....

CD1929CD192911 months ago

Outstanding read. I didn't know what to expect when I saw the title. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed your other stories so I figured I give it a read. I am sure glad I did. 5 stars.

By the way--FUCK DEE!!!

MightyheartMightyheart11 months ago

Good spin on FS.

4/5

johntcookseyjohntcooksey11 months ago

I love reinterpretations and spinoffs of old classics. Whether it’s Shakespeare or Dickens or Austen, I’ve always been attracted to work inspired by the classics. That’s why I’ve enjoyed almost all the GA February Sucks stories. I think this is the first (that I can recall) in which Dave isn’t portrayed as a vacant minded dolt, although poor Dee - I’m afraid she’s destined to permanently don the scarlet letter. A sweet and heartwarming post divorce romance, beautifully written. Thank you for the new story.

Karn9Karn911 months ago

Excellent spinoff of the classic story! Thank you for finding it among the lost computers. 5*

Shackman636Shackman63611 months ago

Great read. Very much enjoyed it. Thank you

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Story would have made more sense if "Dee's fuck parties" were not introduced.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJones11 months ago

This is the best of the "February Sucks" spinoffs.

cordialddcordialdd11 months ago

Classic "I don't know the person I am married to" beginning. Nice romance story after that; enjoyed the "l hate running" approach by Jillian. Would have preferred the end was something about Dave but the Linda/Jim revisit was good to have in. Nice work, thank you for sharing.

phill1cphill1c11 months ago

idk, making Dee the town slut to the degree the author did somewhat ruined the realism for me. Yeah, women, all sluts...yet why do these oh-so-moral husbands marry women solely for their physical attributes?

Look, here's my thing: ain't none of these "superstars" athletes, celebrities, whatever, all that hot. and certainly not hot enough to throw away a good marriage. Hell, in a good marriage, spouses aren't looking for strange, of any kind.

As far as doing things "For the kids..." if Red State America, where most of these stories take place, is any indication, the less involvement from whackos who think going back in time is needed for more people to survive and thrive in a modern world the better off the kids would be without these mental midgets guiding them.

Let's face it, these characters are pretty dumb.

SDN1955SDN195511 months ago

Really good story from a different perspective than the original.

BarryJames1952BarryJames195211 months ago

By far, the best follow up story to George’s work. What makes it great is that it was not about Jim and Linda. George’s story makes you wonder about Dave and Dee and you’ve filled that gap perfectly with a well written offering. Thanks for sharing this 5 star work.

IdiotsavantIdiotsavant11 months ago

Well written and highly enjoyable. I feel that it is one of the better follow up stories to GA’s original entry. Only criticism is that half way through the story “Dave” started being called “Chris” (Began in the conference after the Divorce Hearing). Otherwise, Great Job! 4/5 ****

tonyneatotonyneato11 months ago

Excellent continuation of a classic and finale. 5 Supreme ( Stars

whateverittakeswhateverittakes11 months ago

Excellent story. Dave knew what would happen with Dee and cut his losses. Jim put an outstanding burn on Linda in the end.

Slick742Slick74211 months ago

Poor Dee gets it again. NOT! Great spin off. Thanks SK

CreeperclawCreeperclaw11 months ago

I'm wondering why Dee called David "Chris" in the conference room?

Aside from that strange typo this was an excellent story, I genuinely never gave much thought to their friends outside of them being self centered gas lighters.

GamblnluckGamblnluck11 months ago

I was wondering after he met Jillian why the story kept going. Then you circled around and closed the loop brilliantly. 5 stars

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove11 months ago

I would have enjoyed it more if Dee had not been made into the mustache twirling irrational Symbian using sex machine. Everything could have gone on as planned in the story but nuance would have been left in place rather than been sand blasted away…

BigfundrewBigfundrew11 months ago

I enjoyed this. Well done.

Rare 5 stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tonyneatotonyneato11 months ago

5 Supreme Stars ! Excellent sequel to a great story. I love Mystic Seaport and Abbott's Lobster in the Rough.

FD45FD4511 months ago

It was a struggle between a 4 and a 5. I leaned on the side of generosity

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

Good one. At least he got the hell away from the stupid selfish bitch he married. Jim was not so smart. Jim stayed way too long and suffered way too much.

miket0422miket042211 months ago

Interesting offshoot of the February Sucks universe.

A couple of inconsistencies were distracting.

Why did Dave become Chris for a while and then go back to being Dave?

Maybe it was just to expose Dee and get her father off his back but, the implication that Dee might have aborted Dave's child made no sense. The events related in this story seem to suggest that they never had sex again after Linda left the club with Marc so, how could she have been aborting Dave's child? On that same note, at the beginning of the story Dee had supposedly been off the pill for a week, there's no way she could have been getting pregnant that soon.

Ok, that's it for me nitpicking. Great story, love the way Dave's character was represented. How Jillian went about getting him to go out with her was creative and entertaining.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit11 months ago

Well written and super interesting take on the story. Thanks!!!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper698911 months ago

That about says it all. The end was a game winning home run.

snarbozsnarboz11 months ago

Liked it, but kind of predictable

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

Good way to close it by completing the circle!

5*.

P.S. I always thought that ‘Retch’ was barfing and ‘Wretched’ was terrible.

(still do)

beanburner69beanburner6911 months ago

loved it .

I,ve read all, the different attachment's for the above mentioned Marc asshole. 5 stars

FireFox59FireFox5911 months ago

Great spinoff story. I had also thought what I would do if this happened to me and my wife reacted like Dee and the other wives did. Probably the same thing Dave did.

argusx2002argusx200211 months ago

The first third and last third were great. The Dee cheating and credit card part was a bit off the rails. Didn't need that bit. He was justified to divorce without that part.

mainer42mainer4211 months ago

well done. one of your best and a sweet version of an often tortured story by George

njlaurennjlauren11 months ago

Decent story. I agree with others, the thing with Dee cheating was unneeded,her attitude was enough. It is amazing that she , who was cheated on, can't understand why Jim divorced Linda. Not a big fan of the religious angle, but that is just me.

Some issues with names, like Dave becoming Chris a couple of times.

njlaurennjlauren11 months ago

For lickfeesplit: you are correct, it is a person is a wretch ( as in amazing grace), retch is to throw up or gag.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

A really really good sidequel. Thank you! (and the final mini BTB for Linda was pleasing as well). Easy 5 stars.

The Style GuyThe Style Guy11 months agoAuthor

I am commenting on the own story to apologize. In most of my other stories, Chris Harrington is my main character.

In keeping with GeorgeAnderson’s story, my main character became Dave in this post. After finishing my first draft, I made 10…15…more name corrections. Obviously, I missed a couple. I apologize for the distraction.

I’ll be returning to Chris in future stories, as I’m not smart enough to remember my MC’s name.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester11 months ago

This is the first squeal to this story arc that I have given 5*.

Nice approach to the story and I loved how Jim ended it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight11 months ago

You had developed a well conceived plot with the wife admitting she would sleep with Marc if given the chance. That made her a stupid woman, but not a slut. It was cause for debate among the readers about the divorce. Then you came out of right field with her slutting around and an abortion to make it a slam dunk, which lessened the effect of his decision. It was no longer a thoughtful one, but rather a no brainer. You didn't have to make Dee worse than she already was. As far as making mistakes with names, no one has done it more times than I have. We write a story over a period of weeks and maybe months. We lose track of the characters' names. My one tip is to never use the name 'Brian' as he will become 'Brain' at some point in the story. This is a fact.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

That was a great story, and it was a complete story and not a two page sex scene. I enjoyed catching up with Dave and Dee in a great spinoff the Feb Sucks franchise. Dave handled the cheating bitch perfectly, as his vasectomy lie trumped her cheating lies. Dave definitely upgraded with Doc. It was really good to see Jim finally dump Linda after the kids went to college. The only part of the story that bothered me was that Marc was still alive.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just brilliant!! 5 * effort. It was most satisfying to see Dee finally get what was coming to her. I always saw her as the disingenuous, selfish, alpha-female of that group. Posting as Anon, cause it’s late and I was too lazy to log in

Cookingwithgas

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The original was always a weak story for the ending. Staying for the children is the a sure way to end up in a toxic marriage

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dave or Chris? Was a bit confusing at times.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you. Now, this is writing.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

One of the best follow-ups to February Sucks. Love stories set in southern New England. It's expensive to live here but I can't imagine living anywhere else.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

AWESOME story and AWESOME ending.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I’m a little fuzzy on the timeline but, I figure Dee was already pregnant and had to get the abortion when she couldn’t get Dave to fuck her that fateful night (or ever again) thus ending her chances of passing it off as his.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dee got hers, Then Linda got hers. If they were motorcycles, they'd be HORELY-DAVIDSONs. Wonder if Marc tried the slutty whore, again, then had her call Dee to ride her? 10 stars!

Cito22Cito2211 months ago

I gave it 5 stars because of all the remakes, only a couple hold up and this one giving this unique view will hold up as well.

PowersworderPowersworder11 months ago

This was a very entertaining story, well done.

The only thing I wondered (and I'm too lazy to check) was that I thought all the couples had kids? Wasn't there some line in February Sucks about their children playing together?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I can't swear that I've read 'all' of the stories resulting from that God-forsaken original, but I've read a lot of them and I can say that this is, without a doubt, better than ANY of them (including the original)!

Maybe it's because this is the first one of the bunch that I truly enjoyed reading.

Taking the "collateral damage" approach was a great idea, and resulted in a top story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great direction for this story, which turns out to be the best of the bunch!

I have always felt that Dee was (after Marc) the biggest villain in the story string.

It's nice(?) that she finally receives her due as such. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

PERFECT ending--thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thanks for sharing…

Definitely one of the better perspectives on this Saga. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

pardon the metaphor, but you took the ball and ran in the other direction very well.

I've never met a doctor with a personality - usually it's beaten out of them when they graduate medical school. The thought of a doctor fake-jogging is pretty funny. Please keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Is anyone shocked Dee was a cheating slut?🤭😂.. she was way too happy and eager to help Linda sneak off for some strange cock.. of course she would've left with Marc had it been her🙄.. she never hid that. Any friend that would not only condone but help you cheat is a friend to no one. Maybe she wanted to Linda to be her slut buddy..

RzcanuckRzcanuck11 months ago

That was enjoyable. I had considered a story on Dave and even did an outline but the aftermath but it is much much darker.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6311 months ago

I don't give many 5 stats but this great story deserves them!

MartyMartiniMartyMartini11 months ago

I promised myself I wouldn't read another Feb Sucks but you pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

1star,,,,,,,,,roman catalic,,,,,,kill during week,,,absolved at mass,,,,,,,,,on sundat,,,,the way of the,,,,,,,,,,gangs

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

"But I didn't get the chance!" - And that's the ONLY reason that she didn't!

\

"he walked out the front door to get a taxi home." - I'm not inclined to look back, but I thought Jim took their car.

\

"The officer gave me a hard look." - He called, how could he see her look?

\

"I will never forgive you for the way you've treated my daughter and the embarrassment you've caused my family" - Who cares? It's not likely they'll ever have anything to do with each other aain.

\

I liked the nod to Jim and Linda at the end.

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Very entertaining. You are a very talented writer and I thank you for your work

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

5 stars for the first 'GA - Feb Sucks' remake that actually works for me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the better FS follow-ons to be sure. But Dee being the town slut was unnecessary and didn't feel realistic at all. But in all, well done!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great angle and excellent writing. The piece flowed well and covered all of the necessary ground. Loved the tie in to Jim and his revenge. The only nit I can offer is that the section below is confusing. Specifically: who is Chris? It's obvious you meant Dave

"I'm so sorry!" She hugged Jen and Jeff, as I welcomed them into my home. We had a drink together and Jillian explained that her sister-in-law and brother were both police officers and that Jen had kept her maiden name. When her family saw how comfortable Jillian was, they decided to give us our privacy.

"No offence, Chris. Jillian, can you give me a call when you get home? I don't care what time it is." Jen demanded.

SexecutionerSexecutioner11 months ago

A unique take on the infamous pile of shit that is February Sucks. And neither husband went soft on the sluts.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Novel spinoff from the Feb. Sucks routine. Enough to remember the story line but more than enough from this writer to make the story his own. Well done! Bob with 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you for a great story, worthy in every way to stand nest to Jim and Linda’s. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dave and Jim stand out as worthy people. Dave’s romance with his second wife is beautiful. And the entire story is immaculately crafted.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank You this story made my day ! Best spin off on George Anderson I have read to date.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse6411 months ago

One of the best takes on this I've seen in quite a while. I also like the nod to CT, where the Knights were founded. Overall, very worthy of a five star review.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice perspective from a classic. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting. Creative. Well-done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really nice. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a fantastic follow up to February Sucks! Well thought out

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I can't tell. Was Dee screwing around with others while Dave was living with her or did it start later? 5*

anon.1

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer11 months ago

Well done. I've been a tad... err... tough, on many of the continuation stories from February Sucks. But this one I enjoyed. Nice, believable twists and turns. A tad Mills & Boonish in the second half but a nice ending. Thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you for a different take on this! 4 stars from me!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An LW author who uses "enormity" correctly gets a 5. The story was outstanding...a ten...until Jillian showed up, which reduced it to a 5 because, though fluently written, it was an extended LW cliche.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A main character who was immature to the point of comedy. Just absurd!

MightyHornyMightyHorny11 months ago

... 'Guess I need to write this again: staying in a marriage solely for the children will ultimately be more damaging to them than a simple divorce. There are countless studies out there that proved just that. And also a pretty good Blink-182 song.

But hey - rarely in those 'Sucks' stories does Jim comes out looking like a smart man. So, you know... par for the course.

I'm not exactly sure why he wasn't invited to David's second wedding, though. Hell, Linda should definitely have been a guess to that event given that, without her actions on that fateful night, there's a fairly good chance 'Roc' would have never existed and Dave would still remain Deidra's unknowing cuckold. She and Marc made the whole thing happen!

Alright, enough with the nitpick. Thanks for sharing that 5⭐story, author.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, but I didn’t like the gratuitous dig at Linda at the end. In the original story, she's cruelly deluded, but she rejects the opportunity for a repeat with Marc. As with the treatment here of Dee, it’s best not to descend to caricature. Still, generally well done and cleverly original.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

A very well written story with a punch. Who knew Dave was human? And you gave Jim his manhood back. Thanks for the great job!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the best spin-off stories of "February Sucks" so far. I really enjoy it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A good story. Except for the drinking, country music (gag) and the Roman Catholic BS. Catholics are the worst! 4*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Can't see waiting that long, not even for kids, but glad she got hers in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'll give this 5 * .

Really good entertaining read .

DK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Awful. Redeeming Dave’S character is just lunacy. He’s a pos just like the rest of them.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson11 months ago

I like the way you've expanded the "February" universe. It's nice to see more depth added to the satellite characters orbiting around Jim and Linda.

5 Stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.