All Comments on 'Delayed Reaction'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
A terrific story...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. It was an absolute pleasure. Thankyou for sharing. Very easily worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
80% background

Both well done and interesting. But that leaves only 20% for the exploration of the characters and the developmnet of thir understanding of each other. Yes we see them in the business world but more emphasis on their getting to know each other would have better fit the romance category. You had the chance when they were on business trips together. Not that they should have jumped in bed but some over dinner discussions of hopes and dreams, family background, etc would have set a better stage for the final realization of love.

You write well and I only offer these suggestions to try to expand the emotional range you employ in your writings.

well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I really liked the story

At least it was something I could relate to. In your other current story you lost me with the blow by blow golf games, although it is also extremely well written.

I suppose there are many golf fans here who enjoyed this part greatly.

I came to Literotica looking for some light erotic stories but got hooked on the "Lit" part. Your stories, while having a romantic focus very nicely subdue the "erotica" and succeed in being great Literature.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us and I hope to read many more.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well written romance. Very good character development.

Predictable but in this case enjoyable predicable. Nicely paced and a good read. Well done C2.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 10 years ago

As usual a well done story and a happy ending, so thank you. I do have one minor comment about the Chinese outsourcing of some parts. The story should have had some consideration given to an attempt to work with the old suppliers, presumably US, or Canadian based to reduce their costs. It is not just Emerald who might go under because of Chinese products, but the suppliers who now lose business. There is a ripple effect all the way down the line. Just a nit.

SecretHotMamaSecretHotMamaalmost 10 years ago
Excellent romance

I agree with all your well wishers! Very good read without the typical focus on sex. The Wray situation at the end came out of nowhere, maybe there could have been a hint of meth symptoms or his being into underage boys? At first, I thought he was into Siobahn but that was just him questioning her worth as per her review.

Nicely done! :)

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Delicious Tale

As always you have taken business and people and grown them into something larger than life!

I have to agree with the comment made by Sidney because everyone needs at least a chance to readjust. The author had me wondering if there was a mine in the water but it went off in an unexpected place.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 10 years ago
Straight to favorites!

I agree with one of your prior commentators: you do let the erotic take a back seat to the literate. And you do literate so well. I disagree with the commentator who would have liked you to develop the erotic attractions earlier in the text. Cameron laid down the principle clearly and sensibly at the outset: you don't get romantically involved with you co-workers (much less with those reporting to you)! I enjoyed both your story and your storytelling.

Somehow you managed to keep this reader's interest and attention through the course of narrative focused principally on business/manufacturing issues and intra-office intrigue. It is a brilliantly believable depiction of life in the executive ranks.

I also appreciate your grasp of geography. I know next to nothing about Vancouver or China, but I'm originally from Detroit and have solid Canadian roots. I know Western Ontario University and can easily picture commuting between Toronto and London (the Ontario one, of course!). Now I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago and know well the Mariott resort in Oak Brook and its proximity to the industrial enterprises in Lombard. Point is, few authors on this site pay much heed to geographical verisimilitude, and that is one additional area in which you are an outstanding contributor.

Thanks for sharing with us the universe of Cameron and Siobhan!

pope32767pope32767almost 10 years ago
Only one problem...

For married employees (or even dating employees) to have a reporting relationship is a big, big no-no. Almost all employers forbid it, and rightly so. How's Cam going to write Siobhan's *next* performance report? Granted, John as CEO could grant a waiver, but it certainly wouldn't look professional.

mcollectmcollectalmost 10 years ago
Great

As always, when I see you have posted a new story, I read it first. You have never have disappointed me! 5*

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Great but not romance

Maybe I am alone on this but I didn't think of this as a romance story. Very little of it involved the relationship between Cam and Siobhan. I know it ends that way, but the two getting together is a sudden and surprising event. Even Cam admits his surprise and he was part of all of it while we were given very little view of the events that led to them coming together. Maybe others will saw more romance in the build up than I did.

I do agree that this was a great story. Interesting, well paced, great characters and dialog. I really enjoyed reading it. But it was not at all erotic and only a bit romantic. So my only complaint is that it was characterized wrong. Not much of a complaint overall.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fascinating

And well-written.

But I thought Wray's fall from grace as a trifle sudden; there was no hint of his preferences, or his appreciation of drug use.

A very well-told, tale though.

73

HP

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 10 years ago
Weevils are little brown bugs, so...

I'm not all surprised that someone, who describes himself as such, would not recognize a good romance tale should he find himself mired in one. Gatorhermit got it right. This was a very well-written "ROMANCE" story. It was definitely a Five Star effort. Cheers!

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 10 years ago
Cinco Estrellas!

It is a five stars story amigo.

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent story

I, too, must disagree with those who think you should have show romantic leanings earlier in the story, especially dalliances while on trips for instance. Had you done so I would have been out the door instantly as that is a very major no-no in the business world, and if done would or at least should result in immediate dismissal of both. Would it have made the story a little hotter? Yes, but it would have also ruined its integrity and lowered an excellent piece of prose into just a quick jerk.

For those who didn't see the romance happening, they need to go back and re-read it. You foreshadowed it from the very opening with Doogie, and indicators were there all the way through.

As for the surprise with Wray, that is the way it works! If there had been any hint of drug use or involvement with underage boys he would have been gone a long time before. These things don't get telegraphed other than in fiction by authors who are not business people.

Very well written and enjoyable tale, and to be honest, I didn't miss all of the blow by blow actions of the sex. Everyone knows what they are, and if they have to be described every time where is the romance? Very tastefully done. Besides, I know what she looks like, and have since the first page.

jc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well Done!

Thank you very much, I greatly enjoyed it!

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Please enlighten me

I would love to hear what people thought was so romantic about this piece. As I said, I loved it but I did not seem much in the way of romance and I think the only reason others saw any in the first 2/3 is that they anticipated it from the category.

In the first two pages, all we get from Cam about Siobhan is that She is hot and very talented at her job. Lust maybe but nothing at all on a personal level or of a romantic nature. Then he has the run in with Wray and their discussion at the end if chapter 2 is entirely professional. Chap 3 gets us the fact that he defends his reports, he is glad she is making friends and has a contagious laugh but not any other thought of her.

Finally, on page 5 near he end of chapter 4, we have some physical contact when she hugs him and then holds his arm( was it just her or was it all three of them?). Frankly, this seemed rather odd to me since there was no previous text to set the stage for this sort of unbusinesslike intimacy. And on the drive home, the text suggests that he sat alone in the back but that is subject to interpretation. The office the next day did show her to have a great deal of concern over his well-being but that did not get personal. And his thoughts right after mentioned fondness but were purely of a business nature.

Finally, in chapter 6, he suddenly realizes that, despite never having seemed to spare a thought about her as anything but a professional or possibly a hot body in those last 9 months, he has actually been in love for a while. Maybe I missed them. Were there any fleeting thoughts of her as a person? Of her touching his hand? Of her smile warning his heart? Of her confidence in him providing inspiration? Of ANYTHING to suggest that the feelings she finally started to hint at 2/3 of the way through the story were there in him also?

This was a great story. But the love here was not romance. Romance is a build up of intimacy and feeling. Here, the feelings just burst forth. Even after the fact, we get nothing explaining how Cam came to feel this way. Her feelings are explained, but she has been in the background the whole story. Cam was the main character and we never see his feelings develop.

This is just my take on it. And I am often wrong on many things.

So pay no mind to my reaction. I am just some l insignificant pest to be dismissed with insults since I have a different view. Class act OldWayne.

AJPhynnAJPhynnalmost 10 years ago
Yes, it is Romance ...

.. to answer ResidentWeavil - at least in my view. Just because the plot basic of the plot is laid down from line 1 doesn't really detract from the understated nature of the romance. And it is the understatement that is the key: there were sufficient hints at her feelings that made the outcome plain. Funnily enough,I thought Siobhan was the one character that didn't quite ring true. That level of expertise from the first moment didn't quite stack up (despite her family background) and she was neither quite in or quite out of the project.

However, that is a minor gripe. I shall definitely reread it, as it falls into that "feel good and relax" category which has a limited membership. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not bad

Excellent and knowledgeable writing. The business stuff bored the crap out of me and the sex was barely there. Post more stuff! Try to make it hotter!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 10 years ago
Great

I've read it before and really liked it. That's still my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
GREAT

What Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

The only thing I want to know is where in Vancouver I can get two drinks, even if one is not alcohol, plus leave a tip, for $10. I want to go there!

By the way, of course this was romance. Any reader who could not see the developing signs of love was not paying attention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

such a great story so well written 5 stars plus

Ron Texas

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

Just re-read this, not sure why I never commented, seeing as how I gave it 5-stars!

Actually don't have much to say, accept that it was wonderful!

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I thought that this was a very good, very well

written piece about being in the right place at the right time. Sometimes when you aren't looking for love, it finds you and can be the best for it. Not much else to say, too bad about the boss and the rent boy. Didn't see that coming, gotta be hard on his wife, but she had to have had some clue that he was a little bent. Cinco Estrellas from me as well. Muy Bueno.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
verrrygood

can only give five 5 stars,,,that is life

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellant Story

I had lost it but I found it again and it is for sure in my favorites. The supporting Doogie,Sassy,Siobhan these people along with Cam just come to life on the pages. I do think that you could have given more time to Sassy. I love the names and I do hope that you will write a follow up story at least about Cam and Siobhan. Thank you for a great story.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yay!

At last - a literate story, Oh - a great tale, too

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
BUSY-BUSY-BUSY-TOO BUSY

to notice all the fractions. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

Kind of a Fairy Tale story. I loved all of the people in it ( Cam,Sibohan,Doogie and Sassy.I would like to read more about this fearsome foursum. In my favorites and have read number of times.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Absolutely fabulous. The characters really come to life. Thankyou, would love to hear more exploits involving the same crew!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved the story

Loved the story(Doogie and Sassy) what fun names. I will not say a lot except it is in my favories and have read it numerous times and enjoy it more each time.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
One Hell Of A Story!!!

Loved every part of it, I loved the way you brought it all to life with details where they needed to be, and at a goodly pace.

Like some of the others commentors, I would like to see more from this cast of characters also, they all really mesh well with each other to make a very fine story.

Looking forward to reading more of your tales,

Thank You Coaster2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lovely Story

Kinda using DOOGIES language for the title. Such a fun story not the first time to read it and it is in my favorites. I am wondering if you will consider a follow up story about them. I do hope so.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love This Story

A fairy tale romance. In my favorites

Ron

glyphistglyphistover 7 years ago
another wnner

I loved the story almost as much as I love Vancouver!

Robyn1859Robyn1859about 7 years ago
Great story

Loved it! Just a delightful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic. Story

You have a young and brilliant star and he finds the perfect assistant the only thing is he did not know just how perfect she was for him. Wray his boss was outdated and probably the only keep his job was because of John the CFO

All the other V. P seem to work together where he was a loaner and did not really seem to fit in

What named for your good friends. Doggie and Sassy but they all seemed to hell

Wonderful story 5* plus in my book and a favorite of mine

Ron. Buddy 1945. For some reason had to post as Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just great

The notable laudable components of this amazing story have been covered by previous comments.

I just want to respond to those do not agree with the romance category bc did not feel romance in earlier parts of story. Well, after they observed the hot redhead in the lounge, I expected her to be the successful PA applicant. Next I sensed a building tension of the underlying feeling -- when is the penny going to drop? I was a little worried bc thought I was reading a "loving wives" category and, even tho no love had been declared, thot this meant they were going to get together and then cheating...

I glanced and realized it was a romance category and was relieved.

Go back and read comments of Callicious 4-20-14. He ccovers some points better than me.

Great, great ROMANCE story.

Paul in Oklahoma

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Great Story Wonderfully Told

Five star Plus!! No words to improve my thoughts.

Thanks

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
I would say I am amazed!

But I am trying very hard to stop being amazed by you. Thank you for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

What a great story. And damn well told, too. This author is new to me but I’m most certainly going to his home page to check out his other work. As wonderful as this one was, he has to have others of equal caliber. I can’t wait. 5 Star story, without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

A 5 Star submission, no doubt. Thanks for sharing it here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good bloody job

i look forward to your stories

thankyou

cheers

DoctimeDoctimealmost 6 years ago

Pleasent reading. Well done. 5*

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
TO OUTSIZE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

you must know all the factions and the interworkings, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
BRILLOPADS.

ABSOLUTELY ENGROSSING READ, DIDNT EVEN HAVE A BREAK FOR A CUPPA, LOVE ALL YOUR STUFF, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Many Readings

Hi Coaster; I don't know how many times I have read this story (& many of your other offerings!) and I know I'll read it over 'n over again.

As per another comment below - I actually had made a 'cuppa' - darned if the thing didn't get cold!

Do keep up the good work!

19pvc44

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 5 years ago
hanging

all of coasters stories I have read so far leaves the readers hanging. guess he's leaving room to add to each 1 . sure hope so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanks!

Sincere thanks for such a wonderful, romantic, and insightful story. K

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensalmost 4 years ago
Great story! 5*

About time I commented on this, as it’s the 3rd time I’ve read it. I liked the character development and the plot line. Very well done! Thanks for sharing this with us.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Delightful

Really enjoyed it. Thank you. 5

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such a great love story, the natural flow and development of the love between Cam and Siobhan was great. The reader could see it coming, but when was the question, the timing was perfect . This a 5 star story if I have ever read one. Happily ever after continuation?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Must be the third time I read this story. Really enjoyable. But every time two themes within the story get more dated. The trust the Chinese theme and the gay is bad theme. I write this as the Chinese government is taking control of all US investments in Chinese plants and stock offerings. And businesses are pulling back not trusting the China experiments to be reliable suppliers and anticipating serious conflict that would endanger just the sort of strategy that Cam and Dougie are proposing.

Still, a nice story and I love the characters.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

It was a really good story with interesting and at least somewhat believable characters. Of course in the light of the recent issues with China is does have a few reliability issues, but then again that is exactly what so many companies in the west have discovered over time. Still the premise was realistic and the love affair, while telegraphed early on was still a very heart warming read. You had to know that something would derail Wray, but it was an interesting twist with good narrative. Altogether a great short story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding! ~ 5+ ~

JohnD46JohnD46over 1 year ago

Great fun story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So many old white bitches like Mrs Dalrymple who think they own their offices and manages....not only is age an issue but they're racists too

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very well written and held my attention all the way through.

Have to say the Chinese outsourcing angle irked me, since I was forced into early retirement when my job was outsourced to an Asian country (not China) 10 yrs ago. Still bitter about it.

Still, a good 5* story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous