Demon Debt

Story Info
Writer find a demon in distress and ends up owed a debt.
5.6k words
4.65
4.7k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I came over to Brandon's house, I hadn't expected to see a blue-skinned demon sitting on his couch in a pair of sweats and a tight t-shirt that clung to her body. She had two short horns that seemed to slick backward with her dark hair and dark green eyes that locked with mine. I knew I stood dumbfounded at the sight but found I wasn't running in fear at an unholy creature being in my presence. Instead, I pointed with my finger and asked, "I take it Brandon summoned you?"

This demon in the living room smiled and nodded her head. "You a friend of his?"

"Yeah. I hadn't heard from him in a few days and knew where the key was." I gestured pointing my thumb toward the back door that was connected to the kitchen.

"Well, I didn't take his soul if that is what you are wondering." She scooted over on the couch and patted the spot next to her. "Don't worry. He summoned me so I can't make a deal with you until he makes one."

I raised an eyebrow and asked, "really?" I knew some of the tales about demons proclaimed them to be liars, yet I felt like she was just being frank with me.

She nodded her head.

I took a seat next to her and extended my hand out. "Clint."

She took my hand firmly and replied, "Aura." I felt a warm tingle shoot through my hand when she grabbed it and shuddered when she let go. I looked at my hand and then up at her as I felt some blood rushing through my body to places, I didn't need it going.

"So, what kind of demon are you," I asked politely as my eyes stayed on her.

"Wanting to make a specific kind of deal," Aura asked as she shifted in her spot to turn and face me.

I shook my head. "Making small talk. Not often does one meet a demon." Again, I had no idea why I wasn't freaking out about meeting a demon and started to wonder if she had some kind of pull-on people to keep them calm.

Aura smiled and nodded her head. "Fair enough. Well, the kind that grants wishes through debts."

"So, you make something happen and the debtor pays a price, correct," I asked.

"Crude but not inaccurate. Depending on what a person wants reflects the price. The stronger the wish, the higher the price," she replied.

I motioned to her, "and I take it unless the summoner makes a wish, you can't leave?"

Aura shook her head. "I can go whenever. But being here is a bit of a treat for me." Sounded like she was enjoying this trip like a vacation from wherever she came from.

"So, my friend, what happened to him if he hasn't made a deal yet?"

Before Aura had a chance to answer, the front door slammed open, and standing in the doorway was Brandon, hairy as Bigfoot but pencil thin. With him were two men in robes and I figured they were clergypeople considering the crosses. I don't know why but I found myself rising to my feet and standing between Aura and these men.

"Clint, get out of the way," Brandon called out to me as the two in robes passed by him. "She'll steal your soul." This shot down my theory she could keep people calm considering Brandon wasn't sounding very calm at this moment.

Aura shot back, "when you want power as I have, that's the price."

"So, you confess to tempting him, foul demon," one of the clergies spoke. "Boy, get out of the way. Her kind is nothing but..."

"Way, I see it; she hasn't done anything wrong. Brandon didn't agree to the deal, and she was invited here by him."

"He was tempted by this demon. He was not thinking in his right mind and came to us for absolution. Now, make amends with God and get out of the way!"

I shook my head. "Not happening. You blame her for something she didn't do while the guy gets treated like he had no control. Brandon, if you don't make these people leave, consider our friendship over."

"Clint," Brandon called out, "just let them do their job then we can talk about this. Besides, she's a demon, she isn't like us."

My friend had chosen his side and I made my warning clear. "Aura, my car is outback. If you want to get out of here with me..."

"The demon is going to hell!" The clergyperson tried to swing their fist at me but as luck would have it, they put too much force in their punch and tripped themselves as the fist failed to connect and swung wild. I stepped backward to avoid them and looked over to Aura. She had gotten up and was standing behind me. The second clergy started to say something I assumed was in Latin but before I could figure out what, we got out through the backdoor in the kitchen and booked it to the alley where my car was parked.

Aura got in the passenger seat of the junk heap of a car as I got behind the wheel. I didn't wait for her to finish buckling up as I turned the engine over and drove out with haste.

It wasn't until we were a few blocks away that Aura broke the silence and said, "crazy nut bags. They always come and cause a ruckus when someone gets scared of the price."

"Yeah, well you might want to consider telling me where you want to go," I stated as I just kept driving with no destination in mind.

"You want me to leave? Without asking for repayment," Aura asked as she looked at me.

Repayment? Why the heck would I ask for that? I had no desire to ask for a thing. Calmly, I replied, "Just call it a random act of kindness. You needed help and I wasn't going to let them hurt you."

"Oh, fuck me, you mean that, don't you?"

I shot a look over and saw she was looking at me with wide eyes. "Look, if the roles were reversed, I would want someone to help me out as well. So, yes, I mean it. You owe me nothing."

Aura sighed and shook her head. "Fuck me, now I do owe you."

The city traffic was relatively light, so I was able to drive a little distracted, but I did my best to keep my eyes on the road. "No, you don't owe me."

"I owe you a demon's debt because you helped me and truly didn't desire a reward. I can't go back until the debt is settled." Great. I hated debts. It always brought out what kind of person the person truly was when it came to debts on either side.

"Okay, then I wish to not have this debt. Does that work," I asked with hopes to be done with the debt.

"It isn't as simple as that. Let's head to your house and I can explain better there," Aura replied flatly. Without hesitation, I started to drive home.

A few minutes later, before morning turned to noon, we arrived at my little home. The outside was plain with a little yard and a single rose bush. I lead Aura inside to what I would call the main room. One side was a living room with a couch, coffee table, and entertainment center. On the other side were the dining room with a table and a couple of chairs. On the final side was the kitchen with the basic appliances of a stove, fridge, and dishwasher. The walls, which I couldn't paint because of the rental agreement, were stark white. There was a hallway that led further into the place connecting to my bedroom, bathroom, and laundry area.

"Cozy little place you have here," Aura stated as I closed the door behind us.

"So, why is this debt not so simple," I asked as I motioned over to the dining room section. She took a seat in the chair and it was only then I realized she had no shoes on to cover her feet. I went over to where I stored my shoes and got out a pair of slippers for her. I placed them at her feet and then headed into the kitchen.

"Such a gentleman," Aura stated as I got a couple of cups out. "Well, for starters, a normal wish affects a human for the course of their life. But, when you help a demon, we live far longer which means our debt to the human lasts until their death."

"Black tea okay," I asked as I put the kettle on the stove and paid attention to the details Aura went over.

"Yes, please." She replied. "And unlike a wish, the debt makes us ensure you have a comfortable life."

"So, like I can't say I need a million dollars but if I need help with bills and such, that is within the range of the debt," I asked as I looked over at Aura. She had a smile on her face and for the first time, I noticed she had a tail that ended in a spade-like shape.

"That is a perfect example. Some things we can give but for the most part, we are here to help."

"Then what about the matter of you being unable to go back," I asked as I leaned against the kitchen wall. "My place is pretty small for two people. Heck, I only have one bedroom."

"We can share a bed," Aura replied with a smile. "Makes it easier for me to pleasure you at night."

I shook my head and chuckled some. "Don't take this the wrong way but I am not taking advantage of you like that. And as for a bed, I'll sleep on the couch until we can figure something out."

Aura sighed and shook her head. "Look, I appreciate you treating me like a person. But I am a demon. Our standards are very different. For Heaven's sake, even demons who are dating are in open relationships. Sure, I am stuck on Earth until you die, but honestly, I get to have some fun that I normally don't get to. Like pizza and beer!" Aura was gesturing with her hands towards the dinner table as if to make a point.

The kettle started to whistle for attention and with a cloth, I picked it up by the handle. I then poured hot water into each of the cups and grabbed some tea bags with my free hand. Once the kettle was back on the stove, and tea bags were in the cups, I brought over the cups and placed one in front of Aura. I took a seat in the chair next to hers and motioned toward the little metal containers that sat on the table. "Sugar if you want it."

"Appreciated. Still, I am here to make you comfortable. So, if that means getting railed in the ass every night then all I ask is to keep some lube around."

I sighed and shook my head. "Okay, so if we do end up together, you have to understand I am a demisexual. That isn't happening..."

"...without an emotional connection. I am very aware of that sexuality." Aura reached over to the metal container with the sugar and sprinkled some sugar into her tea. "That said, in good faith with the debt, I can't let you sleep on the couch. Besides, I can tell you are hungry for companionship."

"How can you..."

"You have chairs for more than one person, the couch is big enough for two or three people, and I am willing to bet your bed has dozens of pillows and is a decent size," Aura interrupted as she smiled and slowly stirred her teacup. "And you had an extra pair of slippers that are hardly used on hand."

I wish I could have said she was wrong but the truth was, she had me pegged on that. It had been years since I was last in a relationship and now, I was faced with a demon who was offering to keep me happy and comfortable until I kicked the bucket. However, the matter remained the same. Even if I could get over how unfair this situation felt, I would still need some emotional connection with her.

"So, what now then," I asked as I let my tea sit untouched, to cool down and because I didn't need sugar in it.

Aura brought her cup up to her lips and took a drink. She then put the cup down and replied, "nice blend. I can see why you don't like sugar in it."

"Sugar container," I asked as I nodded my head over at it.

Aura nodded her head. "Don't take it wrong that I can read you this easily. When you have been alive as long as I have, you pick up on things."

"And in your line of work, it helps to read people to figure out their wishes and prices?"

"Exactly. Now, there is no point in trying to change who I am in debt to, so I guess I will just have to try to get an emotional connection with you."

I chuckled and shook my head. "You make it sound like that by the end of the day I will be wanting to have sex with you."

"I have my ways. This reminds me since you are in my debt, normal demonic temptations and powers don't work on you. Call it a safety net to ensure your debt isn't being compromised by me or anyone else."

"You saying I will meet other demons," I asked before I took a sip of my tea.

"Well, I will have some company come from time to time. Zoe, my best friend, will want to meet you and make sure I am okay since I haven't come back for one of her night parties."

"And by night party you mean..."

"Sex."

"Sounds like a lovely time," I stated as I rolled my eyes.

"I bet you would have fun if there were quite a few people there you were connected to. Might even help you relax." Aura chuckled then took another drink of her tea. "If you and Zoe hit it off, I know the three of us could have some fun."

"For now, let's focus on the current situation. I'm a writer who doesn't make a lot of money. Just enough to get by from project to project," I stated. "Now short of some hell-born miracle, how are we supposed to keep up with the bills?"

Aura chuckled and shook her head. "You're cute when you talk like a demon."

"Trying to be polite with the present company," I shot back.

"Look, any demon worth their powers prepares for situations like this. The first time you get caught off guard. The second time onwards, you are ready." Aura finished off her tea and then put the cup back down. "I have some investments I can cash in that should cover us for a few decades."

"We still have the issue with living arrangements."

"Well, if I haven't convinced you to share a bed by the time we should move, we'll get a big enough place."

I rolled my eyes at both the idea she would convince me to share a bed with her and the fact I would have to move. I liked my routine and had grown comfortable with the environment. Sure, the AC would go on the frits during the summer, but an open window and a fan fixed that issue.

"I still don't see how you plan to seduce me when you have no powers to use against me now," I stated as I smirked a bit. However, Aura was also smiling at me.

"Oh, I know how to get you all ready and I know that before the night is over, I will have you between my legs."

"You make this sound like it's a game to you, trying to toy with my sexuality," I shot back.

"No, it isn't a game. It is a desire to thank you properly with something I know I can provide that you have been missing," Aura stated.

"I doubt sex is what I am missing in my life."

"Sex is the byproduct. What you have been missing is companionship."

I felt my heart skip a beat when she said that. Somehow, I knew she was right about what I desired, but the question in my mind was how did she intend to fix that problem. An emotional connection took longer than a day to form, right? Did she know of a way to make me ask for more without using her powers on me?

She continued, "and based on that look, I would say I hit the nail on the head. You want someone you can trust and share your life with. Well, the debt makes that happen regardless. So, why not trust I am right about this?"

I shook my head. "I doubt you could make me ask for sex tonight without the use of your powers."

Aura was smiling and replied, "I would prove you wrong right now but I think I am going to wait for tonight. I need to make some calls and I have a feeling you need to think some things over."

Honestly, she was right. I needed a break after everything that had happened today. I had gotten half of my word quota done before I went to check on Brandon and now that almost seemed like a lifetime ago but in reality, it was barely eleven in the morning. I finished what was left of my tea and sighed. "If you don't mind, I'm going to take a nap," I stated as I rose to my feet.

Aura smiled at me and replied, "Yeah, you do seem a bit tired."

Before I had a chance to put the cup in the sink, there was a loud banging at my front door. I looked in that direction and heard a voice yell, "Clint! Let me in! She is going to steal your soul!" My former friend Brandon was here but luck would have it I locked the door.

"Brandon, I'll call the cops if you don't leave," I hollered back.

"Do that and I won't come back for you, just like your parents!"

That was a string I hadn't expected Brandon to pull at and yet, it froze me in place as a chill went down my spine. It's one thing to lose your parents to an accident, it's another when they want nothing to do with you.

"That's right, you will be all alone once that demon is done with you! Now, let me in so we can get rid of..." I couldn't hear him anymore. I was still staring at the door but now I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Aura standing there. She had no smile and her eyes while filled with fire that seemed to be burning cold.

I tried to speak but Aura spoke first and said, "I'll handle this. You go to your room."

"But what about last time when..."

"I'll call the cops. No face-to-face stuff. After that, I am joining you." I was about to say something when she continued, "only if you want that. Otherwise, it's just to hold you. No more pressure since I get it now."

On the one hand, it was nice that she was understanding of me. Yet, on the other, I felt like she just hid a part of herself with that statement and I had been enjoying who I was learning about.

She patted my shoulder and I made my way to my room. I was tuned out from the world, unsure of what was going on. I felt as if I was on autopilot. I didn't turn on a light or get out of my clothes, I just made my way to my bed and crashed on it. At that moment, my depression was flaring. I could feel its cold liquid sting slide down my spine and start to latch onto my nerves.

It had me scratching at the bed, trying to will away that cold feeling. Instead, I felt something warm coil itself around me which brought the sting to a halt. My eyes opened wide as I heard a soft voice whisper, "I got you. You are safe with me." It was Aura. How much time had passed since she told me to go to bed? I had no idea but I was grateful to feel her next to me.

My fingertips kept scratching at the bed as I shuddered, wishing the depression would go on the retreat now. Instead, what started its retreat was a set of warm lips upon my neck. I wasn't able to hold back a moan that escaped from my throat. Aura pulled me as close to her as she possibly could but her lips never left that spot. "I have enough of the picture to figure things out now. I'm sorry for my behavior."

"You didn't mean harm by it. That said, I appreciate it."

I could feel the pads on her fingertips and palm press against my abdomen and chest and the warmth coming from them felt like comfort to the soul. Slowly, the icy sting was fading away as the warmth took its place. I spoke up, "when I came out to my parents, they disowned me. Said I was a freak, a monster. I honestly didn't see it coming when they kept telling me they would love me no matter what. Brandon was the only one who treated me like a person afterward."

Aura was silent, all except her heart I could hear a beat softly in my ear and the breaths she took. The warmth she had flowing over me sent goosebumps down my skin and made me shudder. I didn't feel like she was forcing me to talk, however, I felt she was there to listen to what I had to say. "To think, a monster was hiding in my friend." I shook my head. "I just don't know what to think now."

"Do you trust me," Aura spoke softly.

I had just met her hours ago, had an idea she was a demon, and this debt tied her to me. But did that equate to trust?

Perhaps.

"What do you have in mind?"

Without a word, I felt Aura move to get on top of me as I fell onto my back. She was straddling my hips and looking down at me. Her bright eyes shined in the dark. I barely could see her smile but it was there. Softly, she placed a hand on my cheek and I felt the warmth flow through it. I tried to get my cheek as close to her hand even though they were already touching skin to skin. This made me feel another sensation go through my body.

Aura then leaned down until her face was less than an inch from mine. She then whispered, "I can't promise it will be all better. However, you won't be alone. You'll have me by your side."

12