Destined Hearts Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't know me either." Adrian chuckled. "There are a lot of people watching and if I were you, I wouldn't be embarrassing myself any further."

A tear went down Bruce's cheek which he furiously rubbed. He clenched his trembling fists, moving his eyes to Praveen. Praveen dropped his eyes because he didn't want to look at Bruce. Bruce on the other hand vowed that no matter what was gonna happen, Praveen had just drawn the battle line and he was gonna get him for.

With an angry look, Bruce furiously turned and left quickly, running away from that place. Adrian took a deep breath and went to Praveen. He held his hand quickly and took him outside, away from the people that were watching him.

"Praveen, why would you allow him to talk to you like that?" Adrian said, a little too loud. "You are the legal husband and yet he is acting as if..."

"What am I to do?" Praveen sighed. "I have already told you how everything is, haven't I?"

"Yes, but you shouldn't let anyone step on you like that." He said loudly as if he was arguing. "You should stand up for yourself and your marriage."

Praveen looked at Adrian and tears built in his eyes. "I am really sorry that you had to go through all that but you don't seem to understand." He sighed, fighting off his tears. "This marriage that I have found myself in was arranged and..."

"I know that." He spoke softly. "You told me but I still don't get why you endure all this."

Praveen closed his eyes as a tear went down his cheek. He took a deep breath, taking a quick turn and then slowly walked away from Adrian. He was hurt but he had to talk to his new friend.

"Marriage is the most important thing that can ever happen to anyone in this lifetime." He said in between breaths. "It brings a lot of joy, happiness and unites the two families involved. I always wanted to live happily with someone that would love me and who I would give back my love."

He took a deep breath. "But when my mother told me about my arranged marriage, I didn't like the idea. I rejected the idea and I told her I wouldn't do it. But then again..." he slightly rubbed his face. "...she made me promise her and I loved her so much that I promised her immediately. I didn't know how my life would be but I still agreed to this marriage. Do you know why?"

He turned and faced Adrian who was quietly staring at him.

"Because I had hopes that even though my marriage is arranged, my husband would shower me with love and respect." He chuckled bitterly. "I had hopes that he would treat me like a prince and I eventually would love him and give myself to him. Everyone envies me... they think I am the luckiest boy on the planet but that's not true. When I got married, what I found was just the opposite of it all. Look at me, you said it yourself. I am the legal husband but... I am like the destroyer of their relationship. They are in love and even if I wanted to fight him..." He said dryly. "...I can't do that so you've got to understand me."

Adrian got closer to him, gripping his arms. "Even at that, I will still tell you the same thing." He said confidently, shaking Praveen slightly. "You've got to be confident and courageous. Don't let them step on you just because they feel they have to. You've chosen to stay in this relationship for the sake of other people so you've got to at least take care of yourself."

Praveen stared into Adrian's eyes, slowly rubbing his face. He knew Adrian was telling him the right thing but he just didn't know how he was gonna find his courage with Antonio and his boyfriend always finding ways to bring him down.

***

Bruce reached Antonio's room and he was breathing like a beast. He was so mad that he was ready to kill someone. He was gonna tell his boyfriend the insult he had just gotten and he was hoping that he was gonna do something to Praveen.

Without even knocking, he let himself in the room and the moment he entered, he found Antonio moving from side to side, probably thinking about work or something. He was looking really handsome in a black vest, white designer's short and white sandals. He had a band tied around his head and he seemed serious.

Seeing him, Bruce started rushing to him and almost bumped into him when he was about to turn back. They both stood still, staring at each other without even saying anything to each other. Bruce expected Antonio to grip his arms and pull him into a tight hug, a kiss, an apology for last night or maybe any word. But the man just stood still, staring at him without even a smile.

"Baby..." Bruce complained, feeling as if he was about to explode with the emotions that took control of him at that moment. "...thank God I have found you here. I am really not happy right now because that boy just insulted me down stairs. I am honestly sick and tired of him..." He said angrily. "...we need to do something. You need to send him parking as soon as possible because I can't take him anymore."

Antonio kept staring at Bruce without even uttering any word which surprised Bruce because he expected his boyfriend to say something. And the way he was looking at him was really surprising. What was going on?

"Baby?" Bruce held his boyfriend's hand, rubbing on it sweetly. "Honey, did you hear anything that I said? I told you..."

"Are you done?" Antonio bellowed, furiously releasing his hand. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Bruce couldn't believe it. Antonio had actually snapped at him, for the second time.

"What?" Bruce felt tears building in his eyes. "Baby, why..."

"Oh!" Antonio chuckled bitterly. "Why do you like causing trouble? What's wrong with you? Did you actually think I wasn't gonna find out about your little drama down stairs?"

"Baby..."

"What's wrong with you? I was thinking you were gonna be here this morning to see me so that we could spend some time together but what do I find..." He chuckled bitterly, raising his voice. "...you were arguing with someone downstairs."

Bruce felt scared, especially with the tone Antonio had just spoken to him with.

"My love, I just went down stairs to..."

"To what?" Antonio scolded, making Bruce take a few steps behind. Antonio had never talked to him like that. "To cause trouble and drama? Do you know what you were even doing down there?"

"But Antonio, I just went down there to talk to Praveen because he is obviously causing trouble in our relationship." He explained, hoping his boyfriend was gonna understand him. "That boy is trying to seduce you and..."

"Will you please shut up?" Antonio yelled, stamping his foot on the ground. Bruce's heart gave a sharp pound as his breaths came out harshly. "I am sick and tired of this drama of yours. First it was last night and this morning too? I had woken up with so much hope that you and I will be together but you are obviously trying to cause more trouble for me and..."

"Trouble for you?" Bruce gasped as more tears built in his eyes. "Why are you blaming me for this? It is that boy that..."

"Well, I didn't see him arguing with someone else down stairs."

"But he was the one that..."

"I don't care." Antonio didn't care that he was shouting at the man that he loved but he was so mad that he couldn't just control himself. "For your information, I came down stairs and I saw exactly what was happening there, how you were arguing with that man like a cheap man."

"I went to confront Praveen and..."

"In public?" Antonio laughed, shaking his head. "When did you lose your sense of judgment? It's like you are going insane with jealous for that stupid boy? I have already told you that I can never fall in his trap so what is wrong with you?"

"I understand that but..."

"And did you even think about the impact of your stupid drama?" He didn't even give a chance for his boyfriend to speak. "My reputation could be at stake here. What if my family heard of what is going on here? You went to confront him in public? Are you insane? Wasn't my word enough?"

Bruce slightly closed his eyes as he tried to swallow his pain. "Look, I was just hurt and..."

"What about the pain you are causing me? If my mom and my granny got to hear of this, what do you think they'll do?" He reprimanded, pointing his shaky finger at his boyfriend.

Then he got closer and stared at him, feeling anger sweep him off his feet. "Don't make me regret bringing you with me here because you are annoying me even more than that stupid boy. If you don't stop this nonsense, I won't hesitate to send you back to the capital."

Hearing what his boyfriend had just said, Bruce felt really cold. Everything suddenly froze, his breath, his gaze and even his blood flow. His body gave a sharp jerk, making him feel colder than he had ever felt before. Tears of pain went down his cheeks and he tried to open his mouth to speak but how was he gonna find any word after what his boyfriend had just said to him. He was speechless.

He just stood still, staring into the eyes of the man he loved like crazy. He couldn't recognize who he was anymore. It had come as a shock to him and he felt pain slip through him. Then he took a deep breath as more tears poured down. He quickly turned and stormed out of the room, covering his mouth to prevent the harsh sounds that came out of his mouth.

Antonio sighed, staring at the door that his boyfriend had just left. He loved his boyfriend so much but he didn't appreciate what he had just done. What if his mother saw it and then decided to ask questions. It was gonna ruin everything, so many relationships.

With an angry groan, Antonio furiously sat on the bed with his hands covering his face. He needed to calm down and think straight. He couldn't just stay angry at his boyfriend the entire day. Of course, they were gonna make up somehow.

***

"Praveen, you really need to think about what I have said." Adrian said softly, taking Praveen's hands. He sweetly rubbed on them, smiling brightly. "I wouldn't want to hear that he insulted you again, okay? Remember, you had decided to stay in this marriage for the sake of your mother but please, don't let people bring you down."

Praveen sighed, rubbing on his hair. "I understand what you are saying and I honestly want to but I have tried and..."

"You need to try harder." He assured. "This might sound awkward but you are actually the closest friend currently. We just met less than 24 hours ago and I wish we had met sooner. You have become really important to me and I don't want to see my friend suffer."

Praveen felt tears building in his eyes as he stared at Adrian. "That really means a lot to me and I have no idea why a rich man like..."

"Uh, uh..." Adrian moved his little finger in the air, shaking his head. "Forget about what I have for now. I used to be just like you. You have a pure heart and that's what makes you special to me. You see..." He paused and took a deep breath. "... I have been through a lot and I don't want you to go through that. I know that I told you about the story of my mother in law and the people I thought to be my family."

"Yeah!" Praveen nodded. "You told me they wanted to kill you but the love for your husband saved you."

"Yeah," Adrian nodded, smiling. He didn't mind going back to the past for Praveen's sake. He needed him to be really strong. "Nicholas and I might seem to be a perfect couple but there was a time when everyone hated me so much including my husband. Everyone was working against me, my husband didn't want to see me or even mention my name. I was thrown out of my own house because of a terrible lie that broke my home due to my enemies. Only one person believed in me and that was Nicholas' granny. She gave me strength and helped me a lot. I used to be as innocent as you are right now but my confidence helped me gather the evidence I needed."

Praveen was paying attention to what his friend was telling. Although rich, Adrian had passed through a lot and Praveen couldn't even begin to imagine what he must have been through. It was painful.

Adrian laughed softly and held on tightly to Praveen's hand. "People that you are dealing with will try everything to ruin your reputation, destroy your relationship with your mother in law and make you look bad to the society. Right now, you need to prevent that because the moment that happens, you might experience something that may ruin your life forever. You need to be confident and trust in the almighty. You are a good person, Praveen and I am lucky to have met someone like you. My entire life, I have prayed for a true friend and I think I have met him. My trip to this country might have been for leisure but I have found something more than that and I really don't wanna lose you. That's why..."

He paused and opened his wallet, bringing out a small card. He handed it to Praveen which he took and looked at it. It was Adrian's card with all his details and contacts. Praveen smiled and then looked at the man who wasn't smiling anymore.

"Thank you so much but I..."

"Nicholas and I are going back to our country this evening." He said abruptly in between breaths. "We have spent more than the number of days we had told our family we would. Everyone is missing us and there is also an important meeting that I have to attend in two days time."

"Oh..." Praveen moaned, feeling sad. "Do you have to leave so soon?"

"Yes!" Adrian nodded. "We have no choice but that card has everything you might need to contact me. I would really love to keep in contact with you. You have become a great friend and I don't wanna lose contact with you. Maybe..." He paused and chuckled, raising his eyebrow. "...you and your husband might just visit my country."

Praveen lost the smile on his face. "I don't think..."

"Remember what the priest had said to you." He laughed, now taking both of Praveen's hands. "You need to trust in the almighty. He knows why he had gotten you married to your husband. Just don't change for anything in this world Praveen. You are a good person and I know that you will continue to be that person."

Praveen got really emotional to the point where he couldn't control himself. He quickly pulled Adrian in a tight hug and held on to him.

"Thank you so much." He sobbed as tears went down his cheeks. "You've really given me inspiration, Adrian. You are God sent and I will never forget about you. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me in the little time that we've know each other. You are really nice and I wish our moments together would have been longer. Thank you."

Adrian held on tightly to Praveen as tears went down his cheeks. "Thank you too because you have taught me a lot in the little time that we've known each other. I will never forget about you no matter what Praveen."

The two friends hugged tightly, getting even more emotional. They had grown so attached to each other that they didn't want to part from each other. Two days... they had only known each other for two days but the bond they had formed was really strong.

"I really hope your husband realizes the kind of person you are." Adrian thought as he rubbed on Praveen's back.

"If only he knew what kind of person you are, the kind of thing he is missing in his life." He smiled as he rubbed his tears. "Then he wouldn't even look twice at that guy that he calls his boyfriend. But I believe that sooner than soon, your love story will begin. I just hope you will get all the obstacles out of your way and fight for your marriage. Nothing is impossible. I was able to fight my battle and I came out victorious. I hope you will do the same with yours.

I know that your husband doesn't love... for now but I believe with time, you will charm him with your goodness and kind heart. He will see what kind of person you are and will love you. Just be strong."

Adrian held on tightly to Praveen, pulling him closer. He was gonna miss him a whole lot.

***

"You should have seen the humiliation I got because of that boy." Bruce glowered, gripping the phone as if he wanted to break it. "For the first time, Antonio got mad at me and we actually argued..."

"What?" Andrea gasped on the other end. "Are you serious? Why would you allow him to do that? I thought I told you to keep an eye on the two of them. At this moment, I was expecting you to be telling me that you have put him in his place not..."

"What do you mean by that?" Bruce groaned angrily. "That stupid plain Jane is no problem. Your brother is the one who's not understanding me and..."

"Look..." Andrea was in her office, slaying her outfit as usual. She was really mad at Bruce for telling her that she had failed to handle the stupid boy. "...I expected more from you than what you are giving me. I told you to get rid of that boy, put him in his place before he returns here and not complaining about him each time you call me."

"Well, handling that boy is no problem." Bruce raged, sounding like a beast. "That was what I wanted to do, humiliate him and make him sit in a corner and show him who's boss until some stupid boy poked his nose and insulted me."

"What?" Andrea snapped, furiously getting out of her seat. "What do you mean by that? You mean someone else insulted you and..."

"Not just insult..." Bruce chuckled bitterly, getting madder by the moment. "...that idiot made me look bad in front of everyone. Right now, I am sure that everyone sees me as a bad boy and..."

"Who is that person and how is he related to plain Jane?"

"I don't know..." Bruce yelled. "...and honestly, I don't care. What hurts the most is that when I went to Antonio, he shouted at me and blamed me for everything. He literally threw me out of the room and I don't know what to do."

"What?" Andrea got a little scared. "Why would Antonio..."

"You shouldn't be worried about that." Bruce said harshly. "Right we should be focusing on how to get rid of that boy once and for all before he bewitches my boyfriend and get all the properties for himself. Antonio is mad at me for the first time and I don't appreciate it. We need to do something quick because I can't tolerate him anymore."

"Okay. I will do something but you need to go back to Antonio right now." She said in a serious tone. "I know my brother and you don't need to make him upset for a long time. But please, don't argue with him because I will not help you again if you do."

"But Andrea, I am not the one making him upset." He complained, groaning like an old man. "That stupid boy is doing this."

"Don't worry about four eyes." She said, an evil grin appearing on her face. "I will think of something before he comes back here. Do everything that you can to make him uncomfortable there. When you come back here, he will find a great surprise waiting for him. It won't be long before he will eventually get out of our lives. Right now, don't leave Antonio's side, okay?"

Bruce sighed angrily. "Fine! I will do everything that I can."

"Starting now." Andrea rolled her eyes in frustration. "Go and talk to him. You need to get more intimate with him to show that boy that he's yours."

"Okay." Bruce said softly. "Talk to you later."

Andrea cut the call and gripped the phone harder.

"Of course, I should have known he can't do anything productive without me." She complained, filling her voice throughout the office. "All he knows how to do is complain. I should have known that he can't handle a single thing. Must I do everything for him? This is really annoying."

She shook her head as she started moving about the room, thinking about what she was gonna do.

"That boy needs to leave very soon because I can't handle him anymore." She complained, rolling her eyes. "He just annoys me to the core. I hate him. But mom and granny are really making this work difficult. There has to be some way in which I can get rid of him for good and... Yes!" She almost jumped up when an idea hit her.