Destined Hearts Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, your wait is finally over." Andrea grinned. "Now it will only be you and Antonio."

Bruce couldn't express just how happy he felt at that particular moment. Now that the obstacle in his way had left, he was gonna get married to Antonio with ease. He was gonna spend the rest of his life with him. Just thinking about it was making him extremely excited.

***

Antonio was busy signing the documents when the door to his office opened. He stopped what he was doing and moved his eyes to the door. It was his best friend and he was not even smiling. Seeing him, Antonio took a deep breath and then closed the file.

"Hey, man..." He got up from the chair. "...look I know you are here to talk about what had happened the other..."

"Forget about that." Ethan was breathing harshly. "I have been calling you since I left your house an hour ago. Your phone is off."

"Oh!" He smiled softly. "I am sorry about that but my phone went off while I was in the plane. Why, do you have something to say to me?"

Ethan sighed and then moved closer to his best friend. "Yes! It's really important and you have to listen to me."

"What is it?"

"Well, I don't know how to tell you this but..." Ethan paused and stared at his friend. "...your aunt is back and she..."

"Aunt Emma?" Antonio gasped in excitement, feeling his heart give a sharp pound in his chest. "Oh my God, it's really been long. Why didn't you tell me this earlier? That woman is like a mother and..."

"She has thrown Praveen out of the house." He said naturally, shaking his head.

Antonio remained quiet when he heard that. He stared at his friend without even saying anything to him or giving him any form of reaction. He didn't even know how to react in that situation. There was a larger part of him that was rejoicing.

"I went to take something to the house and was surprised that you were back but before I even entered the house, one of the security guards told me what had happened." He said pleasantly, resting his hand on his friend's chest. "He told me that she insulted him and threw him out of the house."

Antonio cleared his throat and then just sat down on the chair and continued going through the file he had been going through. When Ethan saw what he did, he got even more surprised. He went to his side and then closed the file.

"Did you hear what I had said to you?"

"Clearly." Antonio sounded not to care. "But what do you expect me to do? She has thrown him out so..."

"Can you listen to yourself right now?" Ethan's voice was rising. "This is your groom we are talking about here. That boy doesn't deserve this from you or your family because he has sacrificed a lot and..."

"Sacrificed?" Antonio furiously got up from chair. "What sacrifices are you talking about? Is it the wealth and companies that he almost stole or that he turned my mother and my granny into his puppets? What are you talking about?"

"Antonio, I have never known this side of you." Ethan said, shaking his head. "Fine! Your father left your entire wealth in his name and your mother and granny love him so much. Is that his crime? Okay!" He raised his hands as if he was surrendering. "Go and get him for the sake of your mother and your granny."

"No!" He shook his head, folding his arms on his chest. "I didn't throw him..."

"How do you think they will feel when they find out about this?"

"Maybe, just maybe..." He walked away, looking through the window. "...they will finally understand that I don't love him and I am in love with someone else. I have been doing this for their happiness and their feelings but maybe it's time that they got to understand me and my feelings. I have hurt Bruce enough for the sake of that boy. All they ever do is not care and..."

"Maybe if you would also try to understand why they love him you would understand."

"Don't be ridiculous." Antonio chuckled bitterly. "What is so special about that boy?"

"He's not so bad." Ethan shrugged. "He's really young and maybe a bit naïve but..."

"I don't wanna hear it." He snapped, furiously gripping his hair. "I just arrived a few hours ago. I am tired, hungry and I just wanna go home and greet my aunt whom I haven't seen for a long time."

"But you know that boy doesn't have a family here." Ethan was really concerned and scared. "Aunt Victoria left him in your care. Do you want him to go back and..."

"Where he goes is not my business." He said angrily.

Ethan went closer to his friend, gripped his arm and made him turn around.

"You know what, Antonio..." He said angrily. "...your father chose that boy because his mother saved your life. Your lives are intertwined and the priest confirmed this. Don't do anything that you might regret later. Please!" He put his hands together. "Just..."

"No!" Antonio said in between clenched teeth. "I won't do that."

"Okay." Ethan said with a serious face. "I have said what I came to say to you. You are proving stubborn but..."

"Why are you so concerned about this anyway?" Antonio wondered, raising his eyebrow. "This is my life we are talking about and maybe you are in love with that boy and..."

"Ant..."

"Yes!" Antonio yelled in his friend's face. "This is my life and I choose to run it in any way I want. Why should you be concerned?"

"But I was just..."

"You shouldn't because I am fine." He said hoarsely, causing his friend pain. "I know what I am doing and stay off okay? I am sick and tired of always trying to make you understand my feelings. Maybe you should just leave me alone."

Ethan was really surprised by Antonio's painful words. They burned his skin like hot coals and he felt a shiver run throughout his entire body. It was really painful and he had no idea what to do. He tried to open his mouth but figured it was best to keep quiet.

"Fine!" He furiously dropped his hand. "You can do whatever you want and I promise I won't ever say anything about your life. Forgive me for being such a good friend to you. It is my fault that I got this kind of insult from you." He put his hands together angrily, looking into his friend's angry eyes. "Forgive me, Mr. Antonio."

Ethan furiously turned and left the office. Antonio looked as he left and then furiously went to his table and started reading through the file. But as much as he tried, he couldn't concentrate. He was still very angry but he was disturbed.

"I am sorry for being such a good friend." Ethan's words kept on ringing through his head. "It is my fault that I got this kind of insult from you. Forgive me, Mr. Antonio."

"Fuck!" Antonio angrily threw the pen to the ground and it broke into pieces. "Why do you always affect me like this?" He yelled, throwing the file he was reading to the ground as well.

He didn't care about it because his friendship with his friend was more important. He furiously picked the office phone and dialed reception.

"Hello..."

"Don't let Ethan leave this building." He ordered in a tone that scared the shit out of the receptionist. "Plead with him to stay. I will be down in a minute."

"I... I am sorry, sir." The receptionist stammered. He could feel the fear in her voice. "He just left right now. Did he do something because I can send security to..."

"You can do that." Antonio chuckled bitterly. "But also make sure that together with that security guard, fire yourselves because I won't spare you if you touch him."

"What?" The receptionist gasped. "I am sorry, Sir..."

"Sorry for yourself." He rolled his eyes. "Just get back to your job."

He furiously put the phone down, covering his eyes with his hands. His heart was pounding so deep in his chest, making his adrenaline to prey on him. He felt like punching something to cool down.

"What do I do with you?" He whispered, passing his hand through his hair. "I don't know why you are putting me in this position."

He was really vulnerable when it came to Ethan. He couldn't afford to lose him. They were bonded like glue but it was more than that. They had grown up together, went to school together and even did most of the things together. Ethan was like an important part of his life. They were more than brothers.

***

Praveen was slowly walking on the beach, along the shore. He was looking at the beautiful sea which was calm and the water which looked so lovely. There was no one at the beach as usual and he somehow felt worse than he had ever been when he had left the house.

"There is no one here..." He spoke softly, feeling tears building in his eyes. "...just like always. You are lonely and abandoned just like me. I don't know why my life cannot just be perfect. It's like I have been running from one problem to another since my marriage."

He sat down with his arms around his legs. Then he rested his head on his knees, staring at the beautiful sun that was setting. He had gone back to his Aunt's place and was lucky that no one had moved in. He hadn't even gone inside and had gone straight to the beach.

"Please, forgive me mother for everything." Tears were now going down his cheeks. "I hope you won't be mad at me when you find out that I have already gone. A lot of things have happened and maybe with my leaving the house, everyone will be happy. And by the almighty's blessings, I will find happiness as well."

Praveen closed his eyes as he started crying there... he felt so abandoned, so alone and so stupid... His life had been perfect but now things were really wrong. He wished he could go back in time and relive the moments when his mother was still alive. He used to be happy and loved. No one insulted him or even called him ugly. They had been poor but they had been happy. He wasn't interested in money or wealth. All he ever wanted was to be happy.

***

Andrea was seated in the living room talking to Emma and telling her how happy she was that she had come as soon as she had called her. Emma was happy too and she thanked Andrea for letting her know. Andrea had told Emma about the boy that Antonio loved so much. He was really handsome, classy, rich and one of the top supermodels in the world. Emma just told her that Antonio was now free to marry whoever he wanted.

It was already evening and they had all just come from having their dinner although Eduardo had gone to the hospital due to an emergency. His wife had already gone to her room. They were both waiting for Antonio to come back and Andrea was the most happy. She knew that her brother was gonna be happy and relieved that the boy was gone.

"Ding dong!"

"I'll get it." Andrea said with a very beautiful look on her face.

She went to the door happily and as soon as she opened it, she got the shock of her life. Seeing what was going on, Andrea's eyes widened in shock... her heart started pounding... her breaths became harsh. She clenched her fists, giving the person an angry look.

"You!" She gasped, gripping the door handle as hard as she could. "How dare you show your face here again? I thought she made it clear that..."

"Andrea, listen..." Praveen said, slowly moving closer.

"Don't even think about it." She yelled. "Won't you leave us alone? What the hell do you still want in this house?"

Praveen dropped his eyes to the ground, not even looking at Andrea.

"You know what," She chuckled bitterly. "This time I am gonna throw you out myself because you are really shameless."

Andrea furiously started moving to the boy, gripped his arm and started getting him away from the door. But before she went further...

"Andrea, stop!" She saw her brother coming towards her with a serious look on his face. "Leave him alone."

To say she was surprised would be an understatement. "What?" She let go of the boy. "Antonio, this boy was thrown out of this house by Aunt..."

"I know." He said with a sigh. "But I brought him back."

"What?" She yelled, shaking her head. She couldn't believe it. "You brought him back to this house? Why?"

"Andrea, I am really tired." Antonio said with a sigh. "I have been working the entire day. Please, just let him enter the house for peace to reign."

"Peace?" Andrea chuckled bitterly. "What peace are you talking about? Has there ever been peace since this boy came to this house? He was thrown out and now you brought him back? Have you suddenly lost your mind or..."

"I did this for mom and granny." Antonio said softly, resting his hand on her shoulder.

He passed her and went inside the house. Andrea gave Praveen an angry look and then left cursing. She was so angry that her brother had ruined her plans. She hadn't expected that at all. But she wasn't gonna let that go because her brother owed her an explanation.

Praveen took a deep breath and followed inside.

"My love?" Emma smiled brightly as she hugged Antonio tightly.

"Aunt!" He chuckled like a little boy. "I have missed you so much and I am glad you are finally here. How long has it been?"

"I don't know." She kissed his cheek, pulling away from the hug. "It's like I haven't seen you my entire life. But my love for you has grown stronger." She pinched his cheek.

"Well, I had spent most of my time abroad and the last time we saw each other was on dad's funeral." He sighed, wrapping his arm on her shoulder. "I really miss him so much."

"Yeah!" She breathed audibly. "I really... What are you doing here?"

The moment she saw Praveen standing at near the couch, she got really furious. She got so mad that she let go of Antonio and furiously moved towards Praveen. She folded her arms at the poor scared boy and gave him a really angry look.

"Aunt, I..."

"Aunt?" She chuckled bitterly. "The nerve of..."

"Aunt please," Antonio pleaded, wrapping his arms on her shoulder. "Don't be angry. I know you threw him out of the house but I brought him back."

"What?" She looked at him wide eyed. "Why? Don't tell me you actually like him."

"No!" Antonio frowned, giving Praveen a look he didn't like. "I only did it for mom and granny. I know they won't be happy when they found him gone. Please, try to understand, aunt. I have no say in this matter."

"Yeah, aunt..." Andrea moved angrily towards him. "...ever since this boy arrived in this house, we have to share or rather beg for mom or granny's attention. He is like their favorite right now. He is good at manipulating people."

Praveen dropped his eyes to the floor. He couldn't look at any of the people in the living room. They were judging him wrongly. He wasn't the kind of person they portrayed him to be. If only they could give him a chance.

"So he likes playing those games?" She chuckled, her eyes not moving away from the boy's body. "I wonder where they even got him. I mean, why couldn't they get someone worthy of getting our name? What will people say, especially your fans, Tony?"

"Hmm, I am still trying to adjust." He sighed, giving her a kiss. "I need to go and take a shower. I am really tired, aunt."

"Alright, baby..."

Antonio left... he freaking left Praveen with the two women that he feared the most. He had no idea why he feared Emma. The woman gave him creeps and maybe if he slept, nightmares.

"So you've returned after my warning, uh?" She asked, slowly moving closer to him. "I don't know what drove Antonio to bring you back but don't think for a minute that I will accept you or forget about that insult easily."

"I... I..." He raised his face and her eyes just pierced through his. Was anything soft about this woman, he thought? "I didn't insult. I was just trying to say that..."

"Just because you are married to my nephew and you think you can say whatever to me." She scoffed, noncommittally. "Well, we are gonna see about that. These kids are like my own children. I love them to death and I am ready to fight anyone just to see that they are happy."

Praveen softly nodded. "I don't intend to hurt anyone."

"But you've already hurt someone." She literally yelled, furiously dropping her arms. "You've hurt my son and he is hurting. He had a boyfriend and the two are not together because of you. You've separated them and you are now enjoying what he should."

Praveen didn't need to be a genius to figure out that Andrea had called the woman to the house. She gave her a look and could read through that evil grin on her face. Things were definitely gonna turn sour and he knew he had to be prepared.

"I didn't know about that." He shook his head. "I swear, I didn't even know that..."

"Silence!" She raised her hand to make Praveen quiet. "You are really lucky but I wouldn't be comfortable if I were you. I don't like you at all. And this house is probably too small for the two of us. But that is something I am gonna have to fix while I am around here."

She gave him a cold look, turned and left with her catwalk. Praveen felt really terrible, cold and scared at the same time. Just the tone of her voice and her very presence was scaring the shit out of him. He knew he had to be careful with her.

He started going but got stopped in the way when...

"Did you like my surprise?" Andrea finally spoke with those giggles that annoyed him. "Do you like your new favorite mother-in-law?"

He quickly turned and looked at her. "Andrea, do you honestly hate me that much that you want me to leave this house?"

"Is that a question?" She started moving closer to him. "The word itself cannot express how I feel about you. I hate you more than the word itself and I won't rest until I separate you and my brother. That is a promise that I will fulfill very soon."

"I don't get it."

"Oh, you will very soon." She laughed. "You will get it and when you do, you will leave this house. Mom, granny or anybody in this house won't help you at all. So if I were you, I wouldn't be comfortable."

She left him all alone in the living room. He was really surprised. Maybe if granny had been around, things would have turned out differently. It was no longer Antonio who wanted him out or Bruce or Andrea. Now there was another one who hated him so much.

He rubbed his face and went straight to the room. The moment he entered the room, he found Antonio exiting the bathroom, toweling his hair. His shirt was unbuttoned and he was only wearing a short that was a bit thin. Praveen could see the boxer inside.

He closed the door and the both of them just looked at each other and passed. Praveen went to take a shower to get some of the problems he was facing out of his life. He just wanted to rest after. At least, in his dreams, they didn't bother him that much.

Antonio threw the towel on the table and then took out his phone. He dialed Ethan's number and wasn't surprised when Ethan didn't pick up. He tried again and a few times but his friend wasn't picking up.

"Hey, please, I need to talk to you." He wrote. "Answer my call and get me out of this misery once and for all. I am so sorry but... Please, just pick the damn call."

He sent the message and waited for a while before calling back again. But still there was no answer.

"What the fuck?" He swore, dialing the numbers angrily.

He called again but there was no answer. He threw the phone angrily on the bed and sat furiously. He was about to pick up his phone when he saw Praveen's phone on the table. He looked to the bathroom and heard the shower running.

"Good!"

He quickly rushed and picked Praveen's phone. He dialed Ethan's number and it didn't take him even a second to pick up which greatly annoyed Antonio.

"Hello!"

"Oh, so you've finally picked up."

"Antonio!" He couldn't mask the surprise in his voice. "Why are you calling? If I didn't pick up when you were calling me then it definitely means that I didn't wanna talk to you. I told you I wasn't gonna interfere in your life anymore and..."

"I am a jerk, okay?" Antonio sighed, slowly sitting on the bed. "I was just tired and..."

"Just tired?" Ethan said angrily on the other end. "I am sick and tired of trying to beg you for everything, Antonio. Ever since your marriage, you've been doing everything wrongly but who am I to talk to you about..."