Destined Hearts Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You are my friend." Antonio pleaded, taking a deep breath. "I am apologizing to you."

"What are you apologizing for?" Ethan laughed on the other end. "I thought your ego is bigger than your friendship, Antonio. You broke..."

"Don't say that."

"But it's what you insinuated back there." He carped, almost barking at his friend. "I am really tired and just wanna..."

"I brought him back." Antonio said in a small voice. "I already brought him back to the house and he isn't leaving."

There was a moment of silence from the other end of the line. "Really?"

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Antonio quipped, getting up from the bed. "I am truly sorry, bro. You are not only my friend, you are also my business partner and my music company manager. I can't live without you."

Ethan sighed on the other end. "Antonio, you are really hurting me but I can take that because I love you. I don't like interfering in your life but some things are just too much, bro."

"I am still adjusting."

"Anyway, it's fine." Ethan yowled. "I will see you tomorrow at the office."

"Okay. I love you."

"Dude, whatever!" He laughed and cut the call.

Antonio felt really happy, at peace after talking with his friend. Now everything was back to normal. He put the phone on the bed and heard the door to the bathroom opening. Praveen came with a towel wrapped around his head.

When he saw Antonio seated on the bed, he slowly walked to him and stood in front of him.

"Thank you so much." He said softly, wondering how his husband was gonna react. "Thank you for bringing me back because honestly..."

"You know..." Antonio got up from the bed with a smile on his face, a mocking smile. "...I don't know what you've done to some of my family members and my friend but you are one lucky boy. They keep standing up for you and they are ready to break up all bonds with me."

Praveen felt a bit cold when Antonio told him that. "I am sorry but..."

"But whatever you do," He warned, pointing at him. "It will never work on me, ever. Pray that those people still support you because I won't hesitate to throw you out of here. You are only lucky because granny and mother have your back otherwise, I wouldn't have even dreamt of bringing you back here."

"Don't worry." Praveen said confidently without any fear. "I have no intention of falling in love with you. I wouldn't even dream of it. I am only doing this to make everyone else happy."

"Good!" Antonio chuckled. "I am glad we understand each other."

He turned and left the room. As soon as he left, Praveen sat on the couch and took the wedding chain and just stared at it for a long time. It actually meant nothing to him and he had no idea why he had to keep wearing it. To the world, he was a happily married man and he had to act like one.

He slept on the couch thinking about his aunt and in no time at all, he drifted off to sleep.

***

Praveen was coming down the stairs wearing a beautiful yellow t-shirt with a brown short. Those were his clothes since he hadn't bought any recently. He had blue sandals on his feet. His hair was loose and he was looking down as he slowly came.

He was lost deep in thought when he came down the stairs and got the surprise of his life when he found a little child running around the house with a ball. He hadn't seen the child before so it got him surprised. He even thought it was one of the workers' child.

The little boy was wearing a beautiful spider man printed shirt with a black jean and blue sandals. He was throwing the ball and it came straight to Praveen. He caught the ball and smiled brightly when the boy came to him with a smile. Praveen loved children a lot and this boy somehow made him really happy.

He had short brown hair that was shaven on the sides, deep green eyes and a cute little smile. Seeing him, Praveen couldn't help but smile himself. He knelt down and smiled even brightly.

"Hey there, cute boy." He said in a cute little voice. "How are you doing?"

"I am fine." The boy said in his sweet little voice.

"Having a good time, uh?"

"Yes!"

"Hmm..." He ruffled the boy's hair, getting tiny giggles from him. "How old are you?"

"Five!"

"Five!" He laughed, pinching the boy's cheeks playfully. "That's really great and very soon, you are gonna be a big boy and you will start school. But tell me, who are you with in this house."

"Granny!" The boy said softly. "I arrived here with my granny yesterday. She said we will be living here. Do you also live here?"

Praveen frowned when he realized who the little boy was. She was probably Emma's grandson or something. When he realized this, he simply smiled and hoped the boy wasn't gonna put him into trouble.

"Yes!" He gave a controlled smile. "I also live here and you know what," He held his tiny little hands. "You will love it here because you have everyone to play with you. Now why don't you run along? I will tell the maid to give you something really delicious for breakfast."

"Ye..." The boy shouted. He took the ball from Praveen and left running.

Praveen got up and watched the boy go outside with a smile on his face. He quickly turned to leave but got the surprise of his life when he bumped into someone and tripped. He was about to fall down to the floor but luckily someone caught him in his arms.

He opened his eyes and looked into the most beautiful light green eyes he had ever stared into, Antonio's eyes. Their faces were closer, feeling each other's breaths. Praveen wanted to move but he suddenly felt a weakness that he had never felt in his entire life before.

His heart started beating steadily... his blood was flowing so fast that he could have sworn that he could hear it pass through his ears... his body felt cold and hot at the same time. He got really weak that he held on to Antonio's body.

For the first time as he looked into Antonio's eyes, he saw the softness in his face that he had never seen before. If he hadn't heard Antonio speak before, then he would have definitely mistaken him for the sweetest guy.

Antonio on the other hand hadn't meant to do that. In fact, he was staring at Praveen's face, looking past his glasses and into his blue eyes. For the first time, he saw someone that was at least a bit handsome and maybe someone he would have mistaken for someone lovely. But that someone was the cause of his problems.

The two men held each other, staring into each other's eyes as if they were lost in them. They were so lost that they had no idea that a number of seconds had passed there. But just when Praveen thought the moment wasn't gonna pass, he got the surprise of his life when Antonio let go of him and he felt to the hard floor with a bang.

"Ow!" He screamed as he landed on his back.

Antonio chuckled, smiling brightly. Something about what he did felt really right. He was definitely happy he did that.

Meanwhile, Praveen felt pain when he landed on his back. He couldn't believe Antonio had just done that to him when he had been really sweet a few seconds back. He slowly got up from the floor, wincing in the process. He adjusted in the process, staring at his husband.

"Are you okay?" Antonio asked with a grin, folding his arms on his chest. "Did you enjoy the ride?"

"You know..." Praveen said with a serious look on his face. "...you could at least be a little nice at times. What if I got hurt?"

"You were about to fall anyway. I just made it short and less painful." He joked, making Praveen wonder what was suddenly wrong with him. "Besides, I think you did that on purpose. I have had fans do that on me a few times so your plan has failed."

"What plan?" Praveen got a little angry. "You bumped into me in the first place and now you are blaming me?" He pointed, holding his waist. "Other people might be crazy about, Antonio, but not me because I don't find you attractive."

"Really?" Antonio joked, raising his eyebrow. "Then why don't you leave?"

"I wish I could." Praveen answered angrily. "But looks like I am stuck here with you."

"Which I am sure you love because you wanted this." He laughed jokingly. "But you will never have me."

"One thing that we agree on." Praveen laughed as if everything was alright. "I already told you that I can never fall for a man like you."

"We'll see."

With those words, Antonio left and went outside. Praveen remained standing there, wondering what had just happened. He wondered why Antonio was talking to him jokingly and not mad at him like he usually did.

"I wonder what's wrong with him." He shrugged.

Praveen turned and almost bumped into Emma who was staring at him as if she wanted to kill him. She had a serious look on her face and it meant business. Seeing her, Praveen lost the smile on his face, dropping his eyes to the floor.

"Good... good morning..."

"Hmm..." Emma groaned. "...I know what you are up to because I saw everything. Don't even think of seducing him because he won't fall for that."

"I am sorry, aunt, but I am not trying to do that."

"Really?" She laughed, now moving closer to him. "I still don't see anything special about you. I am still wondering what drove Emilia to force her son to marry you. You don't even look good together."

"I..." Praveen didn't even know what to say to the woman.

"You think you deserve to be a part of this family."

"Look, aunt, I never wished for this to happen, I promise." He spoke really softly. "And I know where I stand in Antonio's life. All I want is to see is this family happy. I wouldn't dream of hurting them or even causing any harm. I am only doing this because granny and mother want me. I never interfere in Antonio's life. He can do whatever he wants."

"But that still doesn't change the fact that he's married to you." She said harshly, dropping her hand to her hips. "You really want to make this family happy then... Leave us alone."

She hissed and left him standing there. He felt stupid and it didn't take long for tears to build in his eyes. He just wanted people to understand him and stop judging him for once in his life. Why couldn't they see through him?

He took off his glasses and cleaned his face.

***

Praveen was busy in the kitchen, stirring into the soup he was preparing. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize that the soup was about to start burning. He got lucky when Celine came and switched off the stove.

"I am sorry," He apologized, wiping his face.

"You don't have to take what she says to heart." Celine said with her ever gorgeous smile.

"Huh?" He frowned, raising his eyebrow.

"I am talking about, Aunt Emma." She placed her hand on his. "I know that she has said something to you but you shouldn't worry as long as your husband is by your side. She'll get used to you and will warm up eventually."

Praveen looked at Celine smiled sheepishly.

'How do I tell you that my husband is my biggest challenge in this marriage?' He thought. 'How do I even begin to tell you that this marriage is nothing but a big charade to him?'

"Praveen?" She shook him. "Are you okay?"

"Err..." He slightly closed his eyes. "Yeah, I am absolutely fine. Why do you ask?"

"Because you are not yourself." She answered, squeezing his hand. "Aunt Emma is like that. She has always been like that for as long as I have known her."

"How long has that been?"

"I knew her when Eduardo and I were dating five years ago." She sighed. "She didn't like me too and I am still not sure she does. What's important to you is your husband's love. Other people shouldn't matter to you, especially what they say."

"Hmm..." Praveen nodded, giving a fake smile.

"Now come on, let's finish setting the table before she comes here and shouts at the both of us."

They took the remaining food and took it to the dining table. Everyone else was waiting for the food and as soon as it arrived, they dived in. Both of them were happy that Emma was eating in silence and never complained.

"Hey, everyone... Where are you?"

The family heard Emilia's voice and all of them stopped having their lunch and quickly went to the living room. They found Emilia with granny and they had smiles on their faces especially when they saw Praveen and Antonio.

"Mother!" Antonio threw his arms around her and gave her a big hug. "You are finally here. How was your trip?"

"It was fine, baby." She chuckled. "How was your honeymoon?"

Antonio smiled and looked at Praveen who was also staring at him. "It was just perfect."

Praveen went down and touched her feet. She touched his head and blessed him. Then she gave him a tight hug and kiss. Granny did the same and they both laughed and smiled.

"Good!" Emma entered the living room. "You are finally."

When Emilia's heard and saw Emma, the smile on her face faded. She was really surprised. In fact, shocked that her tough sister in law was back home. She hadn't expected that at all. She looked at granny and both of them were just as shocked.

"Emma..." Granny gasped, giving a small smile. "You are here? What are you doing here?"

"Why, mother..." She chuckled. "Am I not welcome here, anymore?"

"What?" Emilia answered, shaking her head. "This is your house too, Emma. You are welcome anytime you want."

They hugged each other and they all went to have their lunch with granny and Emilia entertaining them with stories of what had happened at the temple they had gone.

***

"What is there to explain?" Emma asked angrily. "You didn't tell me he was back or that he was getting married."

"But Emma, we thought that..."

"You thought what, mother?" She argued. "You know very well how much I love Antonio like my own son. You got him married without my consent and to some random boy who..." She pointed in disgust, not knowing how to express what she felt. "...who is not even from our class or..."

"Is that what you are concerned about?" Emilia asked, giving a frown. "He is married and he is happy?"

"You think so?" Emma laughed. "Then you don't know your son anymore. What were you thinking?"

"I didn't choose to get him married to Praveen." Emilia explained. "Your brother's last wish was that Praveen and Antonio marry each other. I only fulfilled what I had promised him."

"By ruining your son's happiness?"

"I didn't ruin his happiness." Emilia said softly. "Praveen is a very good boy, well cultured and with good values. He is perfect for Antonio and they make a good match as well."

"Still doesn't change the fact that he isn't from our class."

"Does it matter?" Granny asked. "He is a good boy and he knows how to behave. You should give him a chance to prove himself. Don't judge a book by its cover, okay?"

"Mother, I think..."

"Their marriage was predestined before Praveen was even born." She explained to her daughter who was mad. "It isn't a coincidence that both of them are gay. There is something special about this boy and I can feel it. He is different from all those classy and rich guys out there. Please..." She touched her daughter's shoulder, squeezing it sweetly. "...give him a chance to prove himself. Don't cause trouble for him."

"But mother..."

"Praveen is still trying to adjust to this house." Emilia said softly. "Don't make things harder for him."

Emma looked at the both of them and just left. Emilia and granny were really worried. They knew just how much Emma cared about her ego. She could cause trouble for the poor boy.

***

Praveen was standing outside, leaning to a pillar and thinking about his life. He had heard the argument that had been going on in Emilia's room and it somehow made him unhappy. He was supposed to be making the family happy. It was one of the seven vows that he had taken as he was getting married to Antonio. How was he gonna fulfill that when he brought nothing but trouble?

"Please, help me, almighty." He sighed, rubbing on his face. "I don't know how to overcome these challenges."

He just stood there until...

"Excuse me!" He heard the voice that scared him the most, Emma's voice.

He quickly turned and found her staring at him with an angry look on her face.

"Aunt!" He slowly bowed.

"I still don't find anything special about you." Emma hated the boy and she wasn't gonna lie. "But everyone keeps telling me otherwise."

Praveen had no words to say to her. He rather chose to keep his mouth shut and let her speak. Emilia and granny were now there and the last thing he wanted was for them to witness anything bad going on.

"I threw you out and Antonio brought you back though he said he didn't love you." She sighed. "I tried to talk to mother and Emilia but they also think you are special. So are you any special or you are using tricks to impress them?"

Praveen shook his head. "I don't know about that, aunt but I am not using tricks on this family, I promise you."

"We'll see about that." She chuckled bitterly. "I have talked to almost everyone including the maids and they seem to like you. But I am not stupid and naïve. It takes more than a few tricks to impress me." She moved closer. "I am gonna give you a chance to see if you can make this family happy and your husband can learn to appreciate you."

To say Praveen was surprised would be an understatement. He couldn't believe that she had said that to him.

"I will observe you based on the way you take care of this family." She added, with her serious face. "I will observe you on the way you carry yourself and if you pass my tests, I promise I will accept you into this family and I will apologize for all the insults."

Praveen felt his heart beat fast at that moment. "Thank you so much for..."

"However," She added, pointing her finger. "Should any harm come to any member of this family whatsoever, I will never forgive you and forget about not accepting you, I will throw you out of this house forever. Do you get me?"

"Yes!" He nodded. "One of the vows I took while I was getting married to Antonio was to make this family happy and to protect them from any harm. As a son in law of this house, it is my duty to do that. I promise that no harm shall come to any of the family members."

"Good! Because my eyes are on you." She said with a raised eyebrow. "But I must warn you, many have tried to impress me and none has ever succeeded."

"I will do my best." Praveen smiled. "At least you've given me a chance and that's really important for me."

Emma just turned and left but she had no idea what kind of happiness she had left for Praveen. He was really happy that at least she had given him a chance. That was more than enough for him and he loved it like that.

"Thank you so much, almighty." He looked to the heavens. "You've given me another chance to impress Aunt Emma. Give the courage to do so and let her like me soon enough."

***

The next morning Antonio was rushing down the stairs busy buttoning up his jacket. He was rushing for a meeting with some of his business partners. It was an important meeting and he didn't wanna keep them waiting.

He was putting on a black designer's trouser, green shirt and white jacket. He was looking really handsome, he thought, in black shoes with his hair combed. As he was coming down the stairs, he almost bumped into his mother.

"Whoa!" Emilia chuckled, looking at her son. "Where are you going?"

"Sorry, mom!" He kissed her forehead. "I am late for a really important meeting and..."

"Sorry to say, son but..." She paused and then gave him a long look. "...you look like a hot mess. None of what you are wearing matches."

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does." Emilia said with a chuckle. "I won't have my son move around the whole city looking like a mess. You are a married man now and aside from that, you are the president of all our companies and also a celebrity. You should be taking care of yourself."

"But you used to choose clothes for me." He complained, shaking his head.