Detours Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she followed him down some path through the woods only he could see, Bonnie clutched her oversized shirt around herself, noting the brisk chill in the fresh forest air. She probably should have put on some pants to cover her bare legs. While she still felt a little antsy and unsure of what she was doing, following Donovan deeper and deeper into some secluded woods, she wasn't close to panicking. She had no inclination to turn-tail and run back to the car, or to quietly leave a last witness message on her cellphone.

The forest was impossibly quiet, no birds chirping or the buzzing of bugs. For a moment, it was as if they were walking in some vacuum of space. Then she heard the gentle trickling sound of water.

"What's that sound?" she asked.

Donovan didn't have to answer as they soon came upon a small, narrow brook trailing through the trees. Both the sight and sound of it brought Bonnie an unexpected sense of relief. They followed beside it for a short while and it finally led up to a low, rocky escarpment, maybe fifteen feet high.

"Oh," Bonnie exclaimed. "Nice."

The brook had started from a small pool of water at the base of the escarpment. Strands of water dropped from an overhanging ridge, sprinkling into the pool below. Not exactly a waterfall at the moment, but probably more so during rainier days. Water also ran down the face of the moss covered wall of rock. Over the hundreds of years, it must have slowly carved out the shallow grotto that framed the pool of water.

It was indeed a diminutive site as Donovan had noted. She could see why it hadn't been designated as some sort of highway attraction or vista point with one of those brown tourist signs pointing towards it. Still, the way the trees opened up and framed it as they approached, it was very picturesque and lovely; something straight out of pixie dream.

Donovan walked on ahead towards the grotto as Bonnie stopped to pull out her cellphone and took a few pictures.

"So you've come here before?" she asked.

As he stepped around the pool, he nodded. "A few times," he said. "Camped here once or twice."

"I can see why," she said as she made her way towards the grotto. It was very soothing, listening to the light, constant gurgle of water. The place was tranquil, serene, something timeless and mysterious. She regarded the man as he walked under the ridge, holding out his hand to catch the falling water. He looked so comfortable and in his element.

Bonnie made her way around the edge of the pool, trying not to sink her boots into the mud or layers of dead leaves. She came up to the escarpment and touched the cool rock face.

She approached the side of the grotto and stopped, hesitating to check her footing on the slick, wet rocks. A heavy, steady hand reached out in front of her. She looked up and saw Donovan offering his hand, his unwavering gaze silently assuring her. The instant she took his hand, she felt the warmth and strength in it. His skin was rough, but his grip was gentle and confident. He guided her onto the large, flat rock he was standing on.

Bonnie could feel the soles of her boots slipping on the slick rock beneath her feet. Despite her hesitancy, she held onto Donovan's arm as she looked out from underneath the ridge within the cover of the grotto. The strands of water from above fell before her eyes. The way the light caught it, it was as if she could see each droplet if she were to really focus. She pulled back the sleeve of her shirt, held out her palm, and felt the splash of water.

"Very refreshing," she said, smiling. She let go of Donovan, steadied her footing, and reached out both hands. Weird how it pleased her so much to do this. It wasn't as if she always reenacted "The Miracle Worker" whenever it rained.

Suddenly, the hard soles of her leather boots skittered on the slippery rock. "Whup!" she exclaimed, as her feet slid out from under her, certain she was going to topple into the pool.

A strong arm swiftly braced around her waist. It pulled her back and she spun around. Bonnie gasped and held on for a second before she realized she was pressed up close to Donovan, embracing his arm. She looked away but held him a little longer, a little tighter. He was solid, like a tree. She was sure if a tornado came along, she could just strap herself to him and he would keep her planted on the ground.

Maybe she was holding on too long.

Bonnie stepped back, looking down to hide the blush she felt in her cheeks. She still held onto his extended arm with one hand, while she mindlessly pushed back a few strands of her hair with the other. "Thanks," she said.

He didn't say anything. She knew he was looking at her, though.

Finally she looked up and smiled nervously. "Almost took a bath there."

Donovan reached for her forehead. She flinched a little as he moved away another few strands that had fallen across her eyes. "Would you like to?"

Bonnie blinked. "Would I like to what?" she said with a hush.

He grinned. It really unnerved her whenever he did that. He nodded his head towards the falling water and said, "Take a bath... or a shower."

"Uh," Bonnie uttered, looking at the water skeptically.

"It's clean." Donovan moved her aside against the wall, stepped further on the rock and stuck his head beneath sprinkling water.

She grinned and shook her head. "No, it's okay."

To further convince her, he stepped completely underneath the water. He reached down and pulled off his tank top as he proceeded to take an impromptu shower.

Bonnie's head turned aside slightly, but her eyes were fixed upon him. He was definitely built like a tree, solid and rugged. He turned as he showered, offering her a chance to fully appreciate his handsome body. The water fell upon a svelte form with broad shoulders and it streamed through the lines between lean, long muscles on his arms. She really enjoyed the way it spattered against his muscular back, though.

Right, so you're now at some off the map grotto, sexing a hitchhiker with your eyes as he takes a shower, Bonnie thought as her blush deepened, I don't believe this is what Dad had in mind when it came to detours.

She only realized she had been staring and lost in thought when she blinked and noticed that Donovan was holding his hand out to her. There was an attractive invitation in his dark eyes.

Somehow, she had landed smack dab in a men's body gel commercial.

Bonnie swallowed. She felt her hand lifting up from her side, but she grinned nervously and shook her head instead. "That's okay," she said, "you just enjoy yourself. Take your time."

Though it pained her to do so, she stepped away from the grotto. Quickly, she walked away, watching her footing on the slippery rocks and mud, while stealing quick apologetic glances back towards Donovan.

Bonnie made her way back through the woods to her car, mumbling to herself and running her fingers through her hair as if she could shake her senses back into her brain. As she walked through the brush and trees, her pace quickened, chased by her own distracted thoughts. She practically stumbled into the clearing and leaned forward against the rear of her car, her hands braced against the trunk.

"I'm pretty sure 'don't pick up hitchhikers' precludes screwing hitchhikers," she grumbled.

So absorbed and conflicted in her thoughts, she hadn't realized the sound of footsteps coming up from behind her until the crunch of twigs and gravel alerted her that she was not alone. She whirled around.

"Shit!" she gasped at the sight of Donovan standing at the edge of the clearing, holding his shirt, his chest still bare. How the hell did he move so quickly, yet so quietly? She rubbed her face with her fingers and groaned, "Oh God, you startled me."

Donovan was still dripping wet, his long, dark ribbons of hair hanging low around his neck and shoulders. He wiped his face with a large hand and slowly moved towards Bonnie.

As he loomed closer, she backed against her car, both hands behind her on the trunk. Her lips slipped ajar as he came within a few steps, and she froze, ensnared by the intensity she saw in his eyes. Her heart raced when she realized he was still moving towards her, past her comfort zone, until her head had to tilt back for her to look up at him.

Donovan tossed his shirt onto the car, leaned forward and put his hand on the trunk as well, between her body and her hand. He brushed his thumb against her waist.

Bonnie's tummy hitched as she shuddered, his simple touch setting off a wave of nervous anticipation in her body. She could hear him breathe, see the curls on his wide chest rise and fall, and smell that delicious earthy scent of his.

They stood in this position, on this precipice of an explosion, for a moment. Bonnie sensed a pool of saliva in her mouth. She gulped; it was still there. Finally, she spoke softly, "Would... could you dry off before you get back in my ca-?"

With impossible quickness, the large man's lips were upon hers, pressing, smothering. Bonnie's eyes widened, her head rolling as he moved his, her mouth locked in by the brash, powerful kiss. She had to remind herself to breathe let alone think of something to say, to protest. Yet the moment she opened her lips, Donovan's tongue shot in and plundered her mouth with harsh, wet slashes.

Bonnie's fingers slipped and skittered against the taut, tough flesh of his arms. She didn't know if she was trying to push him off or pull him in. Maybe she was just trying to steady herself. Her back arched sharply as he leaned against her, over her, and the heels of her boots slid on the gravel and dirt.

She knew the words 'wait' and 'slow down' were part of her vocabulary somewhere in her embattled brain. Damned if she knew how to pronounce them, even if her mouth wasn't so preoccupied.

They continued to wrestle with their lips and dance with their tongues. She felt his hand grip around her waist and hook the back of her neck, locking her in. She gasped sharply as he suddenly slipped his hand underneath her butt and hoisted her onto the car as easily as if he had lifted a pillow.

Bonnie's pink lips rounded wide as she breathed what she could during this second of respite. Though the air was still and peaceful around them, she felt like she was being swept away by the winds of a hurricane, unable to take proper breaths. Donovan wasn't going to give her a chance either as he quickly fell against her, lying her back against the car. Her arms wrapped behind his neck, the heels of her boots driving into the wet denim along the back of his rugged thighs, as she absorbed more of his passionate kisses.

Donovan moved away from her lips, leaving them quivering and glossy. He kissed and licked his way down her chin and then burrowed into her neck, the coarse stubble on his chin and jaw scratching enticingly on her soft skin. Further he went, always moving downward. He sucked at her breast through her tank top and bra, flicking and sliding his rogue tongue roughly along the outline of her swelling nipples. He licked her through her top till the thin, white fabric became sheer with his saliva.

Bonnie's body was burning, her senses flaring. She squirmed uncontrollably, her back sliding against the trunk and window of her car. She felt cool air on her belly as he pushed her top up, exposing her tummy. She gasped and shuddered when she felt his tongue slide and his teeth nip at the smooth skin on her stomach, tickling her. His tongue swirled around her belly button as if being sucked into a drain hole, and her teeth clenched and chattered in response.

Donovan slid down between her thighs. He pushed the already short hem of her shorts up higher, kissing the soft, damp flesh he found there. Her legs draped over his shoulders and cinched him in, drawing his mouth against her crotch. As he did with her top, he teethed and savoured her through the material covering her crotch. It didn't matter if her shorts were made of denim, cotton, or sheet metal, Bonnie felt his hunger on her quivering line and welcomed it with a languid moan.

He remained there, pleasuring her through the layers of material covering her. While his tongue and mouth worked on top, a probing finger tucked under the hem. It was a tight fit, but his finger still found its mark, sliding along the cusp of her wet line.

"Oh God!" Bonnie groaned, her back bowing. She was sucking air through her lips and flared nostrils erratically now. Her toes curled and a boot slipped off her foot, falling to the ground with a dull thud. Her whole body buckled as he continued massaging her with his mouth and tongue, and teasing her with his wriggling finger. She felt her nerves spiking until she couldn't think straight. Suddenly, her stomach clenched and she felt a rush pulse through her. She twisted violently to the side, her thighs clamped against Donovan's head, and groaned aloud.

He continued stroking her with his mouth and sliding his finger up and down as she spilled onto it. The crotch of her shorts darkened from the moisture coming from beneath it and from the lick of the tongue that continued to swirl upon it.

Bonnie, slumped down against her car, a weary, tingling mess. She breathed quickly, audibly, her panting gasps rising in the air towards the cloud-covered sky. She lolled her head to the side, her blue, glossy eyes staring up between the tall trees; it looked as if they were bending down towards her, reaching to scoop her off of her trunk. She knew she was red-faced, she could feel the heat on her cheeks and lips. As she felt Donovan stand up, her legs dropping to the sides of his thighs, she finally realized what was to come next.

It would be his turn.

Hesitantly, she shifted her focus on the man. From her vantage point, he looked so tall now, like a giant, so imposing. He stood there breathing deeply, steadily, that intense, stoic expression on his handsome face. As she gazed up at him, she couldn't hide the mask of anxiety pulling across her face. Yes, he was desirable, she couldn't deny that. He had just brought her to a most satisfying and thrilling climax. Could she really tell him to stop? Would he actually listen if she did?

For the longest three seconds, the moment was frozen again: Bonnie in a compromised position on her back, and Donovan standing tall over her. They stared, and unbreakable line tethering their eyes.

Bonnie's mind burned, straining to determine what she wanted and then the words to vocalize it.

Then Donovan stepped back, and again, and again, until he was a full yard away from her.

She managed to raise herself up to her elbows. She felt a cool line of wetness run down along her thigh and did her best to ignore it. She looked at Donovan quizzically.

He scanned the sky for a second then said, "It'll be dark soon. We should get going."

Bonnie turned her head, following him as he walked around to the side of the car, until he was behind her and opening her car door. She remained on the trunk gazing blankly at the trees in front of her. She felt as if she had either just slammed on her brakes or drove into a wall. Same result, totally different feelings resulting from them: relief or disappointment. She just didn't know.

By the time he came back around after having changed his pants and putting on a dry, grey t-shirt, Bonnie was just sliding off the trunk. Her legs were a bit wobbly as her feet touched the ground and she carefully leaned on the car as she pulled her boot on again. While she wiped her face and brushed her hair with her fingers, Donovan lit up another cigarette. She had never smoked before, but she was definitely tempted to yank it out of his mouth and suck it down to the butt.

Without a word, she went for a pee in the woods and came back and pulled out another bottle of water from the cooler in her back seat. She took her time sipping it while he finished his smoke. When they were both done, she held out the bottle to him and he dropped the cigarette inside. It died with a quiet fizzle.

Donovan nodded, and she returned it with one of her own. She sighed, "I guess we should go."

By the time they were back on the paved roads once more, the darkness had settled between the trees. Her headlights flicked on, gobbling up the lines on the road and spitting them out into the blackness behind them as they drove onward.

To be continued...

12