Deviant Empire Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mentioning movies got the boy in the mood to try some. An off hand comment if they were also going to be porn made her chuckle. Sure, they had bigger porn movies, but usually the difference between porn and something else was the focus... fap material just focused on the sex with barely any attention to plot, while proper movies might have sex happen, but it was just a part of the whole, with the story being important. Missy was asked to pick out something of... everything.

"Think of it as me trying to get a feel for you guys." were his words on the subject.

She immediately had plenty of movies in mind, but on his second request of finding something she hadn't seen before to enjoy it together... a bit harder. But she had one in mind that the cat-girl was eager to see for a while. Seeking through the database of the projector, she found the movie to hold it there for a moment, supplying them with snacks and drinks before settling down on the couch next to the man to watch it.

It was primarily a comedy, classic slapstick humor... but The Empire had a very different approach to it, as it was socially acceptable to laugh only on the misfortune of those deserving it. The movie focused on a criminal organization that managed to put themselves into a position of unassailable influence and force... and as the rules say... when people cannot deal with them... James deals with them. It was like watching Final destination mixed with Home alone, things going improbably wrong to repeatedly hurt the ruthless criminals in a humiliation conga that broke their will and would finally make the group give up crime and try to live decently... after they served the jail time for their crimes. Will would laugh at the plentiful scenes of hardened villains being hurt again and again... a chair breaking to sodomize the mob boss, a shelf collapsing to cover a couple of hard boys with industrial grade paint, turning them black as coal, or their callous cook slipping on a piece of meat to tip a heated frying pan to scald them in hot oil. Perhaps a bit brutal, but there was a lesson in there. By the end of it, the young man was in tears and smiles from the happy conclusion.

Will commented on the many sex scenes present... well, more than he expected of such a movie, though the worker told him that such were the parts of life. Sex happens. And you can't put a curtain over it like it does not exist. Some of the members were portrayed in a positive light, just looking for a community and finding one... and having some hot fucking. The fact that it was man on man was what put him on edge... it seemed that on Earth, heterosexual relations were considered the norm and anything else was... regarded as some fetish. Not true. There were plenty of scenes to show some right male bonding through sex.

"Usually, a comedy wants to have a low rating so the whole family can watch it... and you can't put... sex... in it." He'd say.

What a strange concept... to hide sex away like it's some horrifying crime. No wonder these people were mentally disturbed. They saw the beautiful act of talking without words as a crime.

The young man did not seem eager to go out today, so they decided on a nice binge watching day of movies. More snacks provided, this time bordering on a full meal as Missy looked for something else to interest him.

Her second choice was a recently released romance movie that got a lot of good votes. And coincidentally... it was about two men coming together. A rather successful man of thirty had found little success in a soulmate... plenty of sex, plenty of adventures... but nothing seemed to stick with him. As his business expanded to a smaller, up and coming settlement, he'd meet a younger man with a quite strong personality, not destructive, but decisive. At first they would just have a few drinks together, a few casual fucks here and there... but the older man noticed that he started to really enjoy the company of the other... as well as enjoying how every time they are together he did not need to think about much. His daily life was about making so many decisions that he just wanted to come home and not decide anything... and he started to consider the possibility of this younger man being those at home decisions.

Will called it "a Hallmark movie"... whatever that was. At least up until the first scene where the two men vigorously boned on a table in the bar. Then he said it felt like all these movies were porn parodies. Slowly he seemed to be much less concerned over the casual presence of sex... and the fact that it was far more homosexual in this movie. It put him back to thinking, but this time he shared his thoughts... specifically that he identified with the older man, feeling like it was such a pleasure to just... have someone make the decisions for you at home. Missy knew to take that for all its worth.

It was going into late afternoon when they broke for a proper mealtime, discussing the movies they saw so far. Eventually.... She asked one particular question.

"You seem quite interested about us all of a sudden... I mean... more than you were before."

"Just... looking into things. I've come to see I've judged you guys a bit too quickly, relating things through my perspective like it's the universal right and... well... not considering that I could be wrong. You know the saying that you can't judge a fish by its ability to fly."

Missy chuckled on that saying. "I don't think that applies... we both have to do the same things. But... I can see we might seem like we're doing everything wrong. I mean... to me you seem like you're doing it all wrong. I want to see something to show that you've got some merit, but I haven't seen it so far."

"I think it's... control. Maybe. You control how people can have this thing and you can make them do anything. Go to war, pay taxes, buy whatever you tell them to. I've noticed people saying that men did a lot more when boobs were harder to see. Nobody said they were happier when boobs were harder to see."

"That... feels similar to what my people did before. Well, in a way."

"Your... people. Wait... you mean the Empire or...?"

"The Raff. Before we were part of Astoria we had our own land... well... planets. A quite militaristic nation, male dominated... you could have a male claim a lot of women depending on his power. If someone wanted more women, they had to prove strength. The leader could have the most women and you needed to at least be acknowledged as being fit for fighting to have one. They said the system brought out the strength in men rather than giving them some state appointed mate and having them stay weak."

"Sounds like another system we have going. Well... sort of."

"I saw the similarities as well. But... from what records we have, it was not a great place. Men were downright ruthless to women and to each other. Friendship was a term for some temporary alliance with someone you can't destroy without dying yourself. Leaders were even more ruthless, killing others even at a sign of thinking to face them. Some said that women were the ones secretly ruling because they tricked the men to fight over them rather than fight them... but not true. They were even more disposable than men."

"Eugh. How the hell did that place manage to keep standing?"

"Constant expansion. Once they met the Empire which halted them in their tracks... it did not turn out well. Men started to fight over the little they had... erupting in countless wars until there was just not enough left to maintain society. And so... the Raff Junta collapsed slowly after they could no longer spread out."

"Reminds me of the Roman Empire. In idea. Some say it was the birthplace of civilization and all that... but if they might have shared more similarities... yeah. It also suffered a slow death after it could no longer expand."

"Some things are certainly not limited to us. But I feel fortunate to not have been born in such times. I might have been reduced to just the caretaker of some other woman's kids in the charge of one man."

"Yeah, we had a similar thing with women's rights, though... well, it's a sensitive subject right now."

Missy certainly did not want to bring the man back in his little corner of self-isolation, so instead she proposed they watch another movie. Will recommended something called "horror" but... Astoria did not have horror movies. The concept of things beyond their power to be in any way safe from or able to do anything about them was alien to them. Either something needed them to work harder or... The outsider takes care of it. Will decided to look through the library of borrowed human movies to watch, picking a horror movie about some weird faced puppet locking people up and forcing them to do gruesome things. She was not even scared or horrified... just... constantly commenting that they would be found in a few days and all those could be fixed. Despite the request to imagine that no cops could get to them or no god is out there... it still did not achieve the desired effect. Horror was not going to be enjoyed by these people.

Superheroes was another thing they did not get... mostly because they had no need for them. Well, they had one. So there made no sense for someone to need to hide their identity and do justice. On the possibility that villains track people down to their family homes to hurt them, her suggestion was to just kill them to make sure it does not happen. On the possibility that the other people don't approve of it... her question was why would they even do it in the first place if they do not appreciate it? Will had a strange expression on his face as he swallowed the consideration. They truly did not think the same... and a LOT of people would get a rude awakening in Astoria. No easy getting into jail because you have rights, but a swift execution because you seem to have no care, compunctions or desires to redeem. It was not the severity of the crime, but how dedicated people seemed to be to the life of crime. Prison was only for people who wanted to try again. Those who did not fear courts, prisons or security did not belong in the world of the living.

It was the best segway to go to another movie before the man got thoughtful again. And since they were on such subjects... Action was taken. A nice movie about a crew crash landing on a planet, needing to make a trip on foot up a mountain to give a signal of their condition. It quickly becomes apparent that the planet is inhabited by some alien creatures with more concern to hunt them than open conversation. What follows is an increasingly mounting danger as they first have to deal with just one of the things, then they start coming in small groups, mounting a proper assault and finally the team have to fight off a literal army while fighting with the mountain at the same time. Countless energy shots are discharged, blood and alien viscera paint everything around them, the symphony of gunfire and violence erupts stronger and stronger until the signal is sent and a rescue crew is mounted... just a bit more holding down the fort for the ship to break the atmosphere... and they retreat in full force while unloading weapons at full capacity to the point they become red hot... but the band makes it off, the creatures grasping onto the ship do not fare well in the void of space... and the rescue ship is not unarmed, leaving them a nice present, the action packed scene ending with the show of a nuclear mushroom as the men and women relax and head off for a much needed orgy to relax. There was a lot going even for the simple action movie, showing the strong camaraderie between the crew members and how their built up relationships made them work well even when they looked to be incompatible and how this teamwork made them beat superior numbers.

By now it was getting late. Will looked to be properly entertained by her choices, and yet the man still seemed to be wrestling with some inner trouble. Finally, he proposed at least one reason to go out today.

"Think we can go see that caretaker woman again?"

*

All those movies were certainly a bit surprising, not just in the gratuitous sex content that reminded the man of a 90's movie... or older... but in how... similar... the ideas were. Sure, the fact that these people did not imagine things beyond their power to deal with was a bit of a cultural difference, but everything else, other than the casual sex... was quite similar. The romance was... not bad. Will could not remember the last time he enjoyed one, and he did not imagine to enjoy one with a gay couple... he was not into men, though... with the things he learned, maybe he could be?

He was barely even thinking about sex with the big choice weighing on him. It was still no easier. If the man did nothing and left Earth to just... do what they did... he felt like it was a missed opportunity, that they were throwing away the opportunity to take a big step forward, but it could also mean a much more measured, slow process that would not shake the foundations of society. Having Astoria conquer them, even if it would be quick and with as few troubles as possible... might help them out of all the troubles the planet has... but people would hate it, find it all unpleasant... utopia would not be enjoyed if it came through conquest. At least for this generation. Later ones might learn to like it... or maybe humanity would foster some long term enmity, like some regions that would not give up on their old ways even centuries after being taken over.

It started to look like maybe the best choice might be to let James unleash his wrath. He said it would be just the people harming the world... those doing evil... how many would that be? A handful? A thousand? A million? Half the planet? Some places were so bad you just had to do it to survive. In some places, you did not even get a pension, old men having to scam and steal just to live because no one would hire them and neither did they get anything in their old age. Would he callously kill them as "doing evil"?

No... if anything, this man seemed almost focused on the idea of good. But Will should be able to check what measure is evil for him. After all... it can be relative. But... to be sure of this... maybe that woman could help him get a few more answers.

The smooth marble construction of the home was soon before him, Missy taking him back with no question... she has been a good sport, not insisting on the subject after he kept it from her. It felt like she spent the day trying to cheer him up. It did help... but it also weighed his choice a bit... since he could not imagine even a hired hand back home doing this much unless they might have known each other for years. It was thankfully deserted inside, except for the strange woman who seemed to not move from her spot. These people took religion seriously. Good.

"Usually I would take such a swift return to be a good sign. Or a bad one. You seem to have a lot on your mind."

That made the boy visibly flinch. Wait... what did they say about Tan? Mind powers?

"Uh... you can read my mind?" That could... complicate things.

"As much as you can read my face. Don't worry for the sanctity of your thoughts. The only thing I see is that you've something weighing you down. Useful for one in my position. But it would take years of training to do anything more."

He tried to not show his relief, though it was natural. She must not suspect his real reason for being here. But she can come close.

"Yeah, thinking... mostly on the merits of my people. And yours." Will came to sit on one of those really comfy sheets while Missy gave a bit of space. "Could you... tell me all you know of the Outsider? Does he have a name? Well, that sounds more like a title. And how... you're sure he's the good guy of the story."

"A big subject. But I can see the interest. Yes, he has a name... and that is his title. His main one. The man is known as James Masters. But before he came to this world in his own form, he was the Outsider... as he was outside our world and helping from beyond. After that event he is also known as The Escapist... and several other titles. And while good might be subjective, he is certainly concerned with our well being... if not individually, then collectively. To those who threaten his people he can be a nightmare, death coming from where they do not expect, but for the rest... he wishes us well. Some might argue that asking us to surpass our challenges alone is in no way good, but he takes care of anything we cannot. And I have to agree that if we just depended on him for everything... well... we might not be people for him to be proud of."

So far it aligned a bit. The man prodded further.

"Does he claim a domain or... anything else? Does he show up to people?"

"He is known as the god of Defiance. Both for his own defiance of his previous condition and emboldening us in our own. We have been many times in the past the smallest group, catching up to the rest, assaulted from all sides with merciless destruction, callous of our well-being and crying out in pain when they hurt themselves upon our walls. He taught us to give such people no concern. For if they cannot afford us a measure of relief, why should we give it to them, only to have it be used against us?"

"To... be better than them? Have the moral high ground?"

"I have not heard that term. But in the end it would make no difference if our people suffered and others blossomed from us 'taking the moral high ground'."

Sounded pretty damn merciless.

"But... you're offering our people such concern."

"Yes... as long as they show such measures worthy."

Will had a cold sweat pass him. This woman... oozed such care and comfort for her people. But she preached such uncompromising destruction of their enemies. It sounded like the mere declaration that someone was their enemy... and demonstration... could turn Earth into a dead world.

"How... bad would someone need to go to earn the Outsider's wrath?"

"Depends. In old times, when we were few, even one taken could prompt a complete destruction. Today... I am not sure. The only time he shows it is when someone is beyond the means of the people to deal with something... a danger to us."

"And is it... particularly bad? When he pulls it down."

"I would say... precise and often hard to see. We thought it just fortunate at first, but then it just kept happening..."

"But... does he appear to people?" He noticed that she did not answer that question.

"Ah. Yes... yes he does. Occasionally he would show up looking as if he has not aged a day from the arrival, I suppose he prefers that look to the one at the end of his life. Neither might I look so good past 90."

There was some missing information here that Will struggled to find what he was missing. And then he remembered.

"Did he... live here... after arriving?"

"Yes. For over sixty years. Lived... refused rulership, had children, died and was put to rest. The original tombs still stand upon New Astoria, or rather under the streets."

Buried. Dead. And yet lived again. Will was starting to form a good image of the man and his history.

It seems the guy was just a guy who managed to make this place and one day bring himself inside. He built a paradise and escaped to it. Some would call that going crazy. There were plenty of other terms for it as well. And he's been fiercely protective of it... but... something was out of character here. Or at least not... understandable for everyone.

He poked around to get a bit more information and confirm the hypothesis. It was not the god's initial intention to make a paradise for himself... heck, it was not his purpose to even make a world. He just... made it as good as he could for people. And when he considered he could come inside, decided why the fuck not... and after that he still wanted it to be a paradise for people inside it... not just himself.