Devotia Ch. 06: Retribution

Story Info
Callie faces consequences for her jealousy of Junivere.
6k words
4.83
2.2k
1
0

Part 6 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 05/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Retribution

"What were you thinking, Callie?" Velena accosts her, towering over her as she stares past the Magister with a vacant expression. Her unfocused eyes gaze over the form of the Knight-Commander, holding his forehead in the palm of his hand while leaning against one of the marble columns of her villa.

Callie doesn't even attempt to answer, she just sits silently, a pit in her stomach as Velena's frustration builds.

"Do you have any idea what people will be saying after this?" Velena paces back and forth, hands waving wildly. "You do realize what this looks like, don't you? Do you understand what kind of treatment people will be expecting from you from now on?"

"I think she does know," Junivere grins, lips laced with suggestion, "and I think she loves it."

Callie shoots her a vicious glare, which only makes the Devotia chuckle.

Velena stops her pacing, sighing and turning to face Callie again. "What happened?" she asks through gritted teeth.

Callie isn't sure what to tell her. She's not even sure what to tell herself. Was it just jealousy? Was it Junivere's provocation? Or worse, was it something she secretly wanted? Inside, everything felt hollow and messy and she just wished she could be alone with Calvin to apologize, to try and beg his forgiveness, to say anything to him.

"She can't handle the weight of this responsibility," Junivere warns. "I told you, she isn't cut out for this."

"You shut the f-," Callie begins, but Junivere interrupts quickly.

"Then prove us wrong!" She lays her hands open, as though waiting for the evidence. "Demure, schoolgirl Devotia is no better than reckless, nymphomaniac Devotia, and somehow you don't seem to be able to do either successfully."

"It's your fault!" Callie snaps back. "You've been antagonizing me since you arrived!"

"I have been testing you, Callana," she folds her arms impatiently. "This job has a steep learning curve if you want to survive it - and believe it or not, I want you to last. But you've gotta want it, too."

"I do want it," Callie's head dips to stare at the floor.

"Do you? Your actions say otherwise," Junivere takes a few steps back, looking at Calvin for a moment before facing Callie again. "Do you even believe in Suul?"

"Of course I do," she tosses a dismissive wave at Junivere.

"Do you?"

"Does it matter?" Callie scoffs. "I'm the Devotia whether or not I like it! That's what you keep telling me."

"It does matter! Some of us owe Suul our lives," Junivere hisses in a low voice, "and hate watching an uninitiated, ineffectual, irreverent girl fail to grasp the importance of that."

Callie stares at the floor, arms crossed tightly, lips sealed.

"You don't have anything to say to that? You don't feel any sense of responsibility to the people who are counting on you? Counting on Suul?"

Callie holds her silence, a wrenching feeling of guilt bubbling up to join the shame and frustration she already feels. Junivere lets out a loud sigh, stepping away from her counterpart with an aura of disgust.

"May I have a moment to speak with her?" Calvin speaks at last, voice quiet and weary. Callie's eyes raise quickly to meet his, hoping to communicate her remorse.

Velena simply rolls her eyes, storming out of Callie's bedroom as though Callie were invisible to her. Junivere's head turns from Calvin to Callie, neck swiveling back and forth in disbelief.

"This is your problem, Callie," the Devotia points at him. "You can't see past this, and it's going to get you killed or worse." She tosses her hands into the air, exiting the room and slamming the door behind her.

"I'm sorry," Callie croaks, voice catching in her throat.

"You don't have to apologize," Calvin tells her, sitting down in a chair across from the bed she sits on.

"Yes, I do," she pushes back the desire to cry. "I feel horrible about what I did. I feel horrible that you saw that."

"Callie," he scoots the chair forward more, now within an arm's reach of her. "I know that you're the Devotia. I know that this is what you might have to do, and I'm prepared to handle it."

"But that wasn't wh-,"

Calvin takes her hands, squeezing them gently. "I don't have to like it. But I can accept it."

"I just want you," she whispers. "I only want you."

"And I want you, too," he sighs. "But I've seen what happens when people go down that road."

"Gellan," Callie pushes out through her parched mouth, "your brother." She looks down past his shocked face. "The priestesses told me about what happened."

"Then you understand why I can't let this happen," he shifts uncomfortably. "I would rather be forced to watch you bless every single person in this city than to make you feel the way Ellava did."

"Don't say that," she pleads, lips quivering as her head shakes to the side. "Please don't say that."

"Do you know what happens to a Devotia who scorns Suul like she did? Who abandons the people who are counting on them?" He leans in, concern lacing across his brow. "Ellava is never going to find peace. She's going to be hiding for the rest of her life."

Callie can't fight the pressure building inside her chest as her breath heaves open into a sob. She feels the years and years of repression from her home pour forward, the fear that accompanied finally begging Mykah to help her transform, the terror of leaving behind everything she knew to face the unknown and cruel world. Callie's gut wrenches with the memory of huddling in the brambles of a ditch, muddy and cut-up and shivering in the cold of the night as her father's voice shouted into the darkness, hunting for her.

Calvin throws his arms around Callie, pulling her into his chest while the tears consume her.

And then she remembers the kindness of the merchant who found her the next morning. Quimere, the same merchant who she'd known her entire life, haggling and bantering and laughing with over the price of anything else she'd been able to bring to market. Quimere, who finds a terrified young woman hiding in the bushes and recognizes her, recognizes what she's done to get there, and says nothing about it. Quimere, who greets her warmly as though she were a kindly stranger, offers her a coat and water and a ride to the nearest town.

Solva had been her place of escape. Quimere helped her arrange transportation to the famous city, putting nearly two hundred miles between Callie and the home that would want her head. "You'll be safer there," Quimere had told her. "I'll miss you," she whispers as Callie hugs her goodbye, never knowing if she'd see the woman again.

Callie's body rocks gently as she feels herself leave her memories, Calvin's body gently bobbing from side to side as he hums to her. His voice buzzes in her ear, pressed against his chest, trilling out a simple and homely melody. He stops as her eyelashes open to face him, placing a hand against her cheek and brushing away a tear with his thumb.

"I don't want to have to hide again," she says quietly.

"You don't have to worry about that right now," he coos. "Right now, you can just rest."

"Okay," she breathes out, folding back into his arms. "Could you keep humming for me?"

"Of course," he smiles, returning to his tune as Callie's eyes drift closed.

She doesn't register falling asleep and only realizes it later, waking slightly as the door to her room closes with a soft click as the Knight-Commander slips out before dark arrives.

-- -- --

Junivere's nails lightly scrawl down the length of Callie's back as she circles her. The smell of vanilla consumes Callie as her skin tingles at the mage's touch. She's standing, the soft platform of the dance floor underneath her bare feet. Her dress gently laps against her thighs from the breeze blowing through the garden. Junivere's hands retract, leaving Callie wishing they'd remain.

"Do you want to feel close to me or do you want to feel conquered?" Calvin asks her, appearing suddenly before Callie.

"Conquered," she exhales out, lust on her breath. She doesn't even need to think about it.

"Good answer," Junivere's voice whispers in her ears, fingers now gripping both of Callie's shoulders, massaging them gently.

Callie's heart flutters as she feels Junivere's sweet breath on her neck. Goosebumps flush across her skin as the mage's soft lips press against her cheek.

"On your knees," the Devotia orders, and Callie obeys easily, dropping before Calvin with a desperate devotion.

The Knight-Commander steps forward, clothes long since removed and cast aside. Callie stares hungrily at his erection, her mind ablaze with desire, as Junivere's hand caresses the back of her head. Callie tilts her head to face Junivere with a wanting look in her eyes, craving the permission she knows she needs. The Devotia's head nods elegantly, a sultry smile on her face.

Callie leans forward quickly, taking Calvin's dick into her mouth as though it were the air she breathed. His rough hands clasp her hair, pulling Callie forward into him with a fierce glint in his eyes. Junivere steps away, circling the two as though either of them could soon be her prey.

Callie ignores her, sucking Calvin without a drop of shame in her. She slides her tongue across the throbbing skin, inhaling the intoxicating scent of his lust for her. Calvin pulls her chin upwards as she laps up the fluid dripping from the tip, making her see him watch her with ardor.

She returns to the task with a burning passion in her chest, loving the ways his eyes take her in hungrily. His hands push her down harder, forcing his dick deeper into her throat as she closes her eyes to savor him. Callie wants more - more and more as though nothing else could ever satisfy her.

"Enough," Junivere commands, the sound of her fingers snapping rings across the yard.

Calvin obeys, pulling out of Callie and pushing her back as she tries to remain. It's torture, being parted from him, and she craves the feeling of him pulling her back.

"You need to learn your lesson, Callie," Junivere scolds, towering over her. "You need to accept what you are."

"Of course, hal Devotia," Callie whimpers, obedient.

"You are not to bless him," Junivere grabs Callie's face, forcing her to meet her stern expression, "Until I say so."

Callie wants to fight, wants to assert herself, but feels her resolve crumble under the gaze of the Devotia. "Speak," Junivere orders, "Tell me you'll obey."

"Yes, hal Devotia," Callie practically moans.

"Take her," Junivere commands Calvin.

Calvin nods, pushing Callie back onto her ankles, where she briefly considers resisting. He pushes harder, throwing her down onto the floor where she lands with a soft thud. Grabbing her knees, Calvin twists her body around so that her face presses into the floor, pulling her legs back to lift her ass into the air.

Callie feels the embarrassment well up inside her, feeling exposed, but it quickly disappears as Calvin rips her panties off of her, throwing the skirt of her dress over her hips. He leans forward into her as she can feel her spirit sink into his grasp, rubbing his dick against her while gently pulling her cheeks apart with his hands. She feels her own harden, aroused and excited.

Her heart pounds in her chest as Calvin presses a finger against her asshole, sending a shiver of pleasure through her skin as the pad of his finger circles the opening. Callie feels as though she is somehow falling, her mind racing to a helpless place inside of her that craves him. Her breaths are shallow and rapid as the tip of his penis replaces the finger, its wide head sliding inside of her and pulling a moan from her lips.

"What are you?" Junivere's voice drifts down from above her. Callie feels a stern pressure build on the top of her head as the Devotia's foot presses it into the floor.

Calvin thrusts deep into her, dick pressing against a spot inside of her that makes her hips quiver with delight. "A Devotia," Callie gasps, hands clutching the ground as Calvin's thrusts find a steady rhythm. His hands grip her waist tightly, forcing her back into him with a fearsome power.

"And what do you want, dear Devotia?"

"This!" Callie squeaks, her back arching as pleasure surges inside of her.

"Stop," Junivere commands and Calvin suddenly halts his thrusts, pulling Callie back as his erection fills her insides.

Junivere lifts Callie up, leaving her in a reverse straddle over Calvin's hips, pushing her back into his chest. Her nail gently tilts Callie's face upwards as she squirms in Calvin's lap, desperately wishing to grind against him.

The Devotia's hand cracks against her face, slapping Callie hard enough to force Calvin to restrain her from falling. Tendrils of pain spread out across her cheek, and Junivere's hand returns to grab it, massaging it softly.

"Let's try that again," she chides. "What do you want, Callana?"

Callie's body rises and falls slowly as she attempts to recover her breath. With every tiny movement, she can feel Calvin's shaft graze against her prostate, and she gulps back the desire to throw herself into him.

"I want to feel conquered," Callie says softly. "And close."

"Keep going."

"I want to feel Calvin in me," she stifles a moan as his dick twitches inside of her, "I want to feel him want me more. I want to feel him take pleasure in me."

"Continue," Junivere orders Calvin. He leans back, lifting Callie's hips to grind her against him. Her clit stiffens once more, aching to be touched as well.

"Do you want to feel me enjoy you, too?" Junivere's voice drips salaciously, kneeling down in front of the two of them and leaning in close.

"Yes," Callie breathes out, head tilted towards the sky as her hips rock against Calvin.

Junivere's hands find their way to the straps of Callie's dress, letting it fall down to her waist and expose her chest. Her fingertips graze against Callie's nipples, flicking them slowly and sending a delightful tingle across her chest. Callie moans, leaning forward to look into her dazzling green eyes, watching them devour her pleasure.

"Kiss me," Callie pleads as her dick gently flaps against the bundle of dress around her waist. She wants to feel Junivere's tongue inside her, wants her soft hands to rub Callie's shaft, wants to feel the Devotia pull the orgasm out of her with lust in her eyes.

"Earn it," Junivere smirks as Calvin's speed increases. He humps against Callie's ass, sending a desperate surge of delicious sensations through her body. Callie feels it building inside her, a hunger for pleasure greater than she's ever felt before.

"Please," she begs Junivere once more. The Devotia smiles deviously, twisting Callie's nipples and drinking up the contorted bliss that washes over her face. "How... how do I earn it?"

"Good girl," Junivere praises, and Callie's skin tingles with satisfaction. "You want me to bless you, don't you?"

"Yes!" Callie gasps, riding another wave of delight.

"Then don't just tell me," the Devotia directs, shifting aside and pointing behind her, "tell them."

Callie's eyes lift away from Junivere to see that an audience has gathered around her. Nobles gawk and gossip as they watch, snickering with enjoyment of the spectacle. Callie's heart nearly stops as she sees Lord Dein and Lady Pendele heading the group.

Callie feels her skin flush with embarrassment as the nobles giggle and call out to her. She wants to hide, wants to turn invisible and disappear. "No, please-," she begins to plead with Junivere, but the mage places a finger to her lips.

"Savor them," Junivere commands, nodding at the assembled crowd. "Look at them soaking you up, enjoying you. All of them wish they were inside you right now."

Callie lets out another gasp as Calvin's speed increases again. She feels a pressure build inside of her, ready to burst out of her chest and pour over her. Desperation overcomes embarrassment as she shouts to the crowd, "I want her to bless me-,"

Her lips part as Junivere presses her mouth onto her, covering the words with a delicious moan. Callie graciously accepts Junivere's tongue inside her, feeling her skin tingle as glowing strings of light begin to pour over her and-

-- -- --

A scream leaves Callie's lips as her body shakes awake, fingers grasping the sheets as she rolls with pleasure. A warm liquid spreads across the blanket in her lap, leaving her heaving and moaning with delight. She collapses back into the soft mattress, panting and wishing she was back in the dream. Her skin glows, golden wisps of light fading into the air around her.

It isn't until a few minutes later as Callie's consciousness realizes it is awake that she is forced to confront the desires of her subconscious.

Oh gods, she sits up quickly, pulling the covers up with her, what was that?

She stares down at the small stain of cum on the fabric, feeling her own underwear wet and sticky and her chest hot and bothered. Callie shifts awkwardly, heartbeat quickened with unease. She couldn't have wanted that to be real? Could she?

Her fingertips gently graze against her nipples and she's annoyed to find them still hard. She pulls her eyelids shut, letting the image pass through again.

Junivere's lips consume her, hands on Callie's breasts as her tongue flicks against her own and-

Callie's cock twitches again, and she throws open her eyes, aghast. "No-no-no-no-no-no-no," she mutters under her breath. "Oh gods."

Calvin's chest presses against her back, hairs tickling against her skin while his muscles stretch and contract across his body. He thrusts inside her, hands holding her down so Junivere can lean in to-

She throws her feet over the edge of her bed, forcing herself to stand. Callie stumbles to put on a dress, wobbling to the door of her bedroom after throwing the cloth around herself. Her hands clasp the handle of the door, about to pull it open, but she stops herself.

What am I doing?

She shakes the sleep out of her head, letting her hair whip around her face carelessly. She needs to do something, needs to escape the bedroom and the images it continues to push towards her mind, but she isn't sure where. Where guilt had been consuming her, Callie was alarmed to find it vanished, replaced only by a burning frenzy.

She doubts Velena will be waiting for her this morning for training. The Magister could hardly look at her yesterday, and Callie worries she may have just lost her only ally on the Imperium.

Summoning Calvin was an obvious impossibility. As much as she hated it, Callie had to accept that the rumor mills would already be circulating stories of the two of them. She has to accept how many people are watching, waiting for her to make mistakes so they could find ways to capitalize on them.

The thought of approaching Junivere makes Callie's skin flush in more ways than one. She can briefly feel herself wondering what her fellow Devotia would do upon hearing about the dream. What would Callie do if Junivere suggests they should-

Callie swings the door of her room open before she can complete the thought. Leaving without a destination was better than remaining in her room and stewing on these thoughts. She turns in the hallway, heading as far from Junivere's quarters as she can, walking hastily towards the far sitting rooms.

12