DH - Trapped Inside Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What was weirder yet, was how those that were shot, fell, only to slowly get back up. A properly placed headshot seemed to be the only way to keep the infected down for good. Unfortunately, those shots only came as an accident. After a few rounds, they had cleared out the area around them, and proceeded to make their way toward the house directly across from his own. With a clear view of the three, he knelt down behind the window, peeking over the edge as he watched the scene unfold.

Two of the three males had posted their backs against either side of the door, as the third male began kicking just beside the doorknob. At that moment, it became clear their true intentions. Surprised, however, that they would be so gutsy as to do a home invasion in the middle of the afternoon. But then again, when police were already being pulled thinner than they had manpower for, crime was bound to jump up. Jakob continued to watch, quietly, as the third male continued to kick at the front door. And once it had given out, the three of them rushed inside.

Jakob could hear the screams of shock and panic from his neighbor's house, before the sound of gunfire silenced those screams. A second burst of gunfire was heard, and then a third, as the trio killed everyone inside. They weren't looking to steal anything however, as Jakob soon saw them exit the house carrying nothing more than they had gone inside the house with. Slowly moving away from the window, Jakob began making his way into his bedroom.

Now that he knew what was going on, it gave him an even greater reason not to trust the trio. Lucky, although one of the males had pointed toward Jakob's house, none of them decided it was a smart choice to enter. Between the 'beware of dog' signs posted, the large metal screen door that blocked the main door and entrance way, as well as the fully enclosed fenced in yard, for the three of them, it seemed to be too much work. Again the sounds of gunfire were heard, although they were beginning to fade out in the distance.

Jakob waited until the gunfire had gone silent before retrieving the key to the basement. Inserting the key into the hole, he gave it a quarter turn, unlocking the door, and with another quarter turn, turned the knob and opened the door. Akhyra was first to rush up the stairs, and darted toward the back door.

"It's safe to come back up." Jakob hollered down the stairs, before turning and heading into the living room. Stepping through the living room room and into the kitchen, he made his way toward the back door, however noticing more had come into the back parking lot.

"We can't stay in the city," Alexis said, coming into the kitchen. "We need to leave."

"No, right now our best bet is to stay locked inside. It's a madhouse out there." Jakob responded.

"How far do you think this spans?" Kendra questioned, making her way into the kitchen as well.

"We're under a nationwide pandemic. I'd say it extends pretty far. I just hope Kaleb is alright." Jakob replied again.

"You're welcome to stay then, but I'm leaving." Alexis said, making her way through the back door.

Instead of climbing the fence however, Alexis began making her way down the driveway. Unfortunately, those within the area, who had recently been shot, were starting to move. Not noticing the movements however, Alexis walked past a fallen neighbor. Suddenly she screamed, as she felt a hand clasp around her ankle. The sheer shock had caused her to lose her balance, leaving her to fall forward. Another set of fingers wrapped around her ankle, and as she turned her attention, she was horrified.

None other than Roger was currently holding her leg, slowly crawling closer. Instinctively, Alexis kicked at him, trying to get him to release his hold on her leg, until the wind was knocked out of her. Another, who had heard the noise, had made their way over, and had dropped almost completely on top of her. Alexis struggled, and screamed, until she was forced to gasp for breath. Suddenly, she felt a searing pain through her leg, as she tried to look over the male currently on top of her. Roger had climbed up to about her thigh, and with great force, had bitten into Alexis's leg.

Again she kicked her legs, trying to get Roger off of her. Using her arms, she pushed at the male on top of her, hoping to push him off. That wasn't the case, as he was a fairly heavy-set male. With the heavier male still on top of her, his arm pressing against her throat, as though he was intentionally cutting off her ability to scream, she felt another sharp pain. This time the bite had come against the exposed flesh of her upper breast. Soon, others within the area had surrounded the three of them, kneeling down so they too, could get their fill.

Alexis could no longer fight back, she could no longer scream, as things were beginning to go black. And just when she was on the brink of passing out, she felt a rush of air into her lungs. That rush of air, however, was followed by a sharp pain against her neck. She had felt teeth pressing against the flesh, and even before she could react, she felt the hardest bite being taken. She couldn't believe it. She was being eaten alive in the driveway.

Jakob had closed the door once Alexis had left, and was making his way through the kitchen when she had first screamed. Unsure as to why, however, Jakob turned to the window, and watched dumbfounded. Roger was supposed to be dead, at least that was what he had seen the previous night. However, he was holding onto Alexis' leg, and had taken quite a bite from her leg. Jakob had finally snapped back to his senses, and was making his way toward the back of the house when a second scream was heard, and then quickly silenced.

Jakob had just rounded the back corner of the house, as the third person had joined into the fray, and although he had thought about rushing toward her, there were still others coming. The smell of dead-rot was strong in the air, as those behind the house snarled and growled as they pressed against the fence. In truth, there were too many to fight off, and so Jakob quietly walked back into the house. Closing the door behind him, he made his way toward the window and watched the horror that happened. He could only watch for a moment however, before he lowered his head, and allowed his eyes to close.

He was stunned, as Alexis was eaten alive in his driveway. He was quickly pulled away from the window however, as he heard the faint sound of footsteps. Opening his eyes as he lifted his head, he stared at Kendra, as she walked into the kitchen.

"Tell me you saw that!" Kendra said, shaking as she too had watched the horror outside.

"So-- what's our plan?" Kendra asked.

"Our best plan, unfortunately, would be to remain indoors." Jakob commented.

"We can't remain in the city, the situation is only getting worse." Kendra said.

"We can't go running out on a suicide mission either." Jakob replied. "Besides, I won't leave until Kaleb returns."

Just then, Jakob's phone rang from out of his bedroom. Curious as to who might be calling, Jakob stood up and began making his way into the bedroom to retrieve his phone. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as Kaleb's name flashed across the caller id.

"Thank god you're alright! Where are you?" Jakob asked into the phone as he walked back into the living room.

"Currently over at Layla's. I had my own damsel in distress." Kaleb replied.

"How soon are you heading back to the house?"

"I'm not. We're leaving here and heading out to mom and dad's. Madison and Hunter should be there already."

"Tell me you aren't being serious."

"I am very serious, and I would advise you to do the same. I drove past Riverside, police had the whole hospital barricaded and were shooting anyone that walks out."

"I'll be that way as soon as I can." Jakob responded before hanging up the phone.

"Was that your brother?" Kendra asked.

"Yeah. I guess he and my sister are headed out to my parent's house." Jakob replied.

"So, are we still staying in?" Kendra asked again.

"We just watched my next-door neighbor being eaten alive, by the same neighbor who was shot down a couple days ago. Staying locked in may still be our smartest option." Jakob said.

"Do you really believe that? Or does it just sound more convincing?" Kendra questioned.

Jakob stared at Kendra for a moment in silence. He wasn't sure what the best course of action was to be honest, but he wasn't wanting to give up his house on a fluke either. What he did know was he wasn't exactly thrilled with being questioned.

"Look," he started to say, "you're more than welcome to leave if you would like."

"And where exactly am I going to go?" Kendra asked.

"That's a good question. One, I don't have an answer for." Jakob replied, stepping into the living room.

"Let's be honest for a moment. I called you for two reasons. One, I had nowhere else to go. And two, because I couldn't stop thinking about the other night." Kenda said, following Jakob.

Jakob didn't turn his back away from Kendra, and for good reason. Maybe his ego, but he couldn't help the wide smile forming over his lips. He couldn't deny their first meeting, nor could he deny his thoughts at the current moment. Moving closer to the television set, he flipped the power on, jumping into a news story.

"A pedestrian was struck on Cleveland avenue and Oakland park. No word on the condition of the accident, however, we will..." Jakob changed the channel, only to flip to another newscast.

Just as sudden as he had turned the television on, he shut it off, before finally turning his attention toward Kendra. "And what of the other night had you thinking?"

"I'm sure you know what part I was thinking most about. You wouldn't... by chance, have something else I could wear? At least until I get these washed?" she asked, holding on to her only two outfits.

Jakob gave a nod and took Kendra by the hand, leading the way through the kitchen and back toward his bedroom. Once in his room, he stood in the doorway and stared at her for a moment. The thought of ripping the towel away from her had crossed his mind, however, he refrained from acting on his impulse. Making his way toward the dresser, finally, he pulled out a baggy tee-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. "I know it might not be exactly your type of outfit."

"No, but it will do for the time being." Kendra replied with a smile.

Taking her two outfits, Jakob left the bedroom, allowing Kendra to get dressed, as he began making his way down to the basement where their washer and dryer were. Putting her clothes into the washer, he couldn't help noticing that all she had was a bra, two pairs of pants, her tube top and the hoodie. Starting her small load of laundry, Jakob began making his way back upstairs, joining Kendra, in the living room.

12