All Comments on 'Diane and the Copper'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Good and well written read

Have to admit that burocracies efficiently grind the truth to the point where right and wrong become almost meaningless. Andy did seem to have been a bit dense in his "first" life. Thanks Kezza

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A Good Story

Thanks for a good one.

NucleusNucleusabout 14 years ago
Very entertaining

Thank you for your story. Suspense-packed heartwarming. Good writing, Keep on. I will follow your stories at SOL and Lit.

Kind Regards

Nucleus from Germany

ephraimephraimover 13 years ago
Very Good Story!

Once again you have excelled as an author. There is just enough sex to make the story titillating, too much of a good seasoning can spoil the broth, this was just the right amount. As always the story flow and characterization was flawless. The only encouragement I can offer is to keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The only thing missing

is the association of the interrogator with the car replating ring.

Good job.

And don't be tempted to expand the sex scenes. The plot and characters carry your stories and they fit the romance category beautifully.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
good one

thanks for the good read. really loved the way you developed you characters. thank you

northlandernorthlanderover 10 years ago
Super

Is Gascoine a believable character, absolutely, I've met a bunch just like him, so called detectives who couldn't find their lunch in a brown paper bag, Fortunately they are in the minority, Good story, realistic good characters, another 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I think there should be a sequel to explain Gascoigne's behavior. Was there a grudge Pug didn't know about or was Gascoigne involved with the crooks?

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I thoroughly enjoyed this one -

Just a bot predictable but the integrity that was shown and the behavior of the cop in this instance was a pleasure to read -he did right because it was right - not easy. So often we choose easy when right is hard - but it seldom works out since right remains.

He had emotions and held them in check as best he could - and knew he had limits which were fortunately NOT passed.

Adding the politics at the end was a terribly true to life concept that is seen in way too many places these days it is NOT a British problem alone.

As for Gascoigne - I would have liked to see why he had such a hard on for our hero too - there had to be an issue back there somewhere - he just committed career suicide in this investigation - the politics would never allow him advancement with such a lack mark on his record - neither politicians nor good cops would give him the time of day, So why????

Thanks this is my favorite type of story

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
A Good Plot and Interesting Characters

In this milieu, a good plot, interesting characters, and behavior that is actually rational and believeable counts as 5*. A bonus is that its set in England and the differences are interesting enough that the locale and slang are fun by themselves. Thank heavens you don't write like G A Henty. I'm too old for that.

abboncabboncover 9 years ago
Excellent, as usual...

but I would have liked to see something happen to Gascoigne, and/or the solution to Terry's murder.

I have now read most of your stories, and they have all struck a chord with me, for one reason or another. One reason is your geographical correctness, and another is your knowledge of railways!

Nick (ex-pat in Australia)

aegrisomnia456aegrisomnia456over 9 years ago
Excellent, but many loose ends.

You left enough major loose ends on this one that there is plenty of material for a follow up. Any chance of that?

Tux_No_TieTux_No_Tieover 9 years ago
First-rate!

I read for entertainment and look forward to your other efforts. I was hopeful the loose threads might might lead to continued stories about Diane and her copper. I see this was written in 2010 and no siqual or additions in 4 years, the subject is mute.

ArchReaderArchReaderalmost 9 years ago
Excellent yet again

Like Nick I've read most of your stories, and the research that you put into them is great.

As a retired Officer this story brings to the fore the way that the PC Brigade have ruined a proud thing that "The Job" was. I can remember when I went back as a contractor to teach and oversee a new Custody system that young PC's were bring bodies into Custody that years ago we would have dealt with on the street.

Keep the stories coming no matter how hard it is for you. Thank You.

Kezza67Kezza67almost 9 years agoAuthor
Kezza67 reply

Read my profile. I also post elsewhere as texrep.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
thanks for a great story

a tale told well of interesting people with real lives.

Rickman48Rickman48about 7 years ago
Well Executed

Great story with all the elements! Loved it.

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Missing link

It would have been nice to know why, given the complete lack of evidence and the impossibility of getting a conviction, Gascoine pursued the case so hard. Seems as though he must have had another agenda.

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 5 years ago
Reminded me of the old days

The start reminded me of my first tour of duty as a "Proby" walking the town centre streets on night duty with the smell of hops from the brewery. The days when we walked alone and at times were the only presence on the Section, and thought nothing of it.

Loved "The Job" but it changed so much and the enjoyment was taken away by the civil servants.

An excellent insight to how the job was, it was dated by the comment on Judges Rules :-))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fine work. A definite 5. Just one nit to pick. There's no such thing as a mortal vale. I think you meant mortal coil. As a Brit you probably remembered the expression from "Macbeth". You just remembered it incorrectly. I had to get in this little dig to get back at you for confusing this Yank with the difference in our shared language. Cree Galt

robdh51robdh51almost 3 years ago
Hamlet not Macbeth

"For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil"

It is from the Hamlet "To be, or not to be" soliloquy in Shakespeare's Hamlet NOT from Macbeth.

5 stars for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice story. Much thanks to the author for sharing. Definitely a Five Star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is so sad when a great story teller dopes not understand the basics of writing. Not doping so is confusing and takes away from the beauty of the story.

Here is an example:

""Can I keep these?" Jacky nodded.

"No problem, I can get more if your solicitor needs them." Diane went quiet. Jacky pressed her. "You are going to see a solicitor, aren't you?" Diane looked at me then at Jacky.

Most people learn how to write a paragraph in the earlier grades of school. A paragraph s a unit of thought. This should have been"

"Can I keep these?"

Jacky nodded. "No problem, I can get more if your solicitor needs them."

Diane went quiet.

Jacky pressed her. "You are going to see a solicitor, aren't you?"

Diane looked at me then at Jacky.

GET AN EDITOR!!! The plot calls for a 10/5

Unfortunately the enjoyment lever is a 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you enjoy a great Romantic story, look no further. This one is a cracker.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like so many of your other stories, this is great. I have enjoyed reading your stories for a number of year and miss them. Hopefully, you are well and will continue to write more great stories in this vain.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
Gascoine

I had thought that a sentence about the Chief Constable getting Gascoine's

arse kicked would have improved it a little.

Damned good story, though

hp

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I would just like to ask the pompous anonymous arse who commented previously what an enjoyment lever is?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous