Dianna Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dianna instantly qualified for the program because all she needed was a degree, to pass a state licensing test, and be under the age of thirty. She knew she really did not want to teach, but she needed a job and the ten thousand dollar scholarship could really help her pay for law school. So she told her friend, she'd consider it.

Three more months of not working, and Dianna saw her nest egg dwindle even more. She took the state teacher's exam and received a three year emergency license. After obtaining certification, Dianna applied for teaching positions in the local school district.

She was called in for an interview and hired immediately. Dianna took a post teaching sixth grade at one of the elementary schools in the town.

Dianna reported to Armstrong Elementary School a month before school started to make sure she had whatever materials she needed. During the month of June, Dianna was the only person that came down to the school. She got to know the office and maintenance staff extremely well. By the end of July, some of the veteran teachers came down and Dianna had an opportunity to meet a few of her co-workers.

Although they seemed like nice people, many of them didn't seem to like children very much. Dianna avoided conversations that were negative about the school, kids, or community for fear that it would taint her view of her new job.

She met most of her coworkers the week before school started. The only person she had not met was Mr. Yearly. Instantly, she wondered if this guy was related to her former landlord and then decided the fates could not be that cruel.

One week before school started district employees had to attend mandatory staff development meetings. Savannah reported early for her first day of the new school year. When she entered her hall, she saw that the elusive Mr. Yearly was in his room. She decided to go introduce herself.

As she entered the door, she was instantly annoyed. Before her working on a bulletin board was the son of the man who ripped her off three years earlier. True she was mad about having her money stolen, but more so that this guy seemed to uphold his father's wrongness and used his dying as a way to gain sympathy. She disliked him at that point and could not see the situation improving.

Dianna turned to leave and head back to her classroom when Bryce saw her.

Bryce was stunned, this young woman made a huge impression on him three years ago when they met over the stunt his father pulled. She was gorgeous.

"Ms. Bouvier, wait!" Bryce called when he saw her turn to leave.

Dianna ignored him and continued to go back to her classroom thinking. I don't want to talk to him. I don't care how tall and handsome he is, with his rich dark skin and sexy chocolate brown eyes, and cute dimple in the cleft of his chin. Never mind the fact that he's at least the sexiest man I've seen in a long time.

Wait a minute, where did those thoughts come from, Dianna wondered. Yes, Bryce was a good-looking man but that didn't change the face that he was also a weasel like his father. And she wanted nothing to do with him.

At eight o'clock all of the faculty and staff at Armstrong Elementary had to report to the school auditorium for their welcome from the administration and schedule for the week. They would also introduce staff members and explain their positions at the school for the year.

Entering the auditorium, all of the staff members from the previous year took time to greet each other and catch up on events from the summer. Eventually, Coach Harvey Reed, the assistant principal cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

He was quickly followed by Mrs. Angela Jones the building principal. Dianna had spoken with Mrs. Jones several times over the summer since she'd been hired and liked the woman's no nonsense attitude. Mrs. Jones stood to address her staff. "As is normal, because of strategic state testing there was a high number of teacher turn-over at Armstrong this year.

The district ended up hiring an entire new team of third grade teachers, two new fourth grade teachers, one fifth grade teacher, and two new sixth grade teachers." explained Mrs. Jones

Dianna being one of the new teachers, and the other new teacher was a young lady named Summer Thyme. It was at this meeting that Dianna was introduced to her mentoring teacher, Bryce. Plastering a smile on her face, Dianna struggled to hide the fury that was building inside of her.

Mrs. Jones introduced all of the new staff. When she finished, the returning staff took a moment to introduce them. Dianna learned that there were four sixth grade teachers, Summer, Mrs. Towers, Mr. Yearly, and herself. Each grade was assigned a wing, and each wing had to select a mascot, motto, and decorate accordingly creating a theme for their grade level.

At the end of the initial staff meeting each team returned to their learning communities. Dianna was talking with Mrs. Towers about what to expect when Bryce simply waited for her in her classroom. He knew they had to work together and they did not need to harbor and egregious animosity towards each other. Besides, Dianna Bouvier fascinated him. He'd dated a few women, but none compared to her. She was beautiful and strong. One thing Bryce respected was strong women.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Yearly, can I help you with something? Is there a valid reason for you to be waiting inside my classroom?" Dianna asked perturbed as she entered her room t find him waiting..

"Dianna" Bryce started to say but, Dianna cut him off.

"Excuse me Mr. Yearly, my friends call me Dianna and you sir are clearly no friend of mine." Inhaling deeply, she continued in a quiet tone. She didn't feel the need to broadcast her business but she wanted to make sure Bryce Yearly understood that his charm and wit had no effect on her.

"I know that what happened three years ago was not your fault, but you upheld your father in his wrongness." She continued.

"I understand that you were protecting your Dad. Hell, I would have protected my Mom, but he hurt innocent people. They didn't deserve that. He knew for months and still took our money. That's wrong and you know it." Dianna walked away from Bryce and turned to look at him.

"I need this job, and unfortunately, I have to work with you." Dianna continued. "I will be civil to you, but we will keep our relationship strictly professional."

Bryce nodded in agreement, but he was never a man to let anyone, especially a woman, no matter how enticing she was, tell him what to do.

"Fine, Ms. Bouvier, I can respect your wishes. You want to be professional, let's keep it professional at all times." Bryce stated.

Then he smiled, Dianna's breath caught at the sight. "I'll see you at one o'clock, Ms. Bouvier for our grade level meeting to go over the curriculum. Oh, and by the way, also as your supervising teacher so we have to conference at least three times a week and I will be evaluating your progress." Bryce finished and then exited her classroom.

Momentarily Dianna flashed back to the events that ended her last job and became afraid. The last thing she needed to do was challenge authority. However, it didn't matter how she felt about him, or he felt about her. She was hired to do a job, and she would do it to the best of her abilities. Dianna knew she needed to tread lightly, but she would not just bow down in any case.

It was lunch time and she joined her coworkers Mrs. Towers and Ms. Thyme for lunch. While leaving, she noticed that Bryce stayed in his classroom and ate his lunch alone. Mrs. Towers invited him to join them, but he glanced at Dianna and declined her invitation.

When the ladies returned from lunch, they attended another brief staff meeting before breaking into groups, according to their subject area, for curriculum planning. Dianna would be responsible for literacy so she had to meet the curriculum coordinator for the Language Arts courses.

The rest of the afternoon was spent analyzing data and creating curriculum maps for students who had extremely low score results from state test.

For three more days, Dianna came to work and had minimal to no contact with Bryce, This should have made her happy, but for some reason it did not and Dianna was confused.

Student registration and conferences were scheduled for Friday and Dianna was nervous. After listening to horror stories from several other teachers, she was apprehensive about meeting parents the next day. She was not the only person that was nervous, Ms. Thyme was a wreck. As a matter of fact, Summer spent a large amount of time in Bryce's room with him reassuring her.

By two o'clock, Dianna was wiped. She'd planned her first week, had copies ran of every form imaginable, created a checklist of important things parents and students needed to know. She'd written a personal letter for each parent introducing herself and detailing her credentials. She made sure her classroom was appealing and kid friendly.

Bryce was assigned Summer and Dianna as his mentees for this school year. He'd talked with Summer at least three days this week, but he hadn't had another conversation with Dianna since the blow up in her classroom earlier that week. He knew he had to talk to her and be professional, but when he was around her he felt anything but professional.

Bryce stood and took one more look around his classroom before heading down the hall to Dianna's classroom. Knocking softly on her door, he entered when she invited him in. Dianna looked up and saw Bryce standing in her classroom. Her heart pounded in her chest as she looked up from the folders she was creating for her students. And even though she was insistent that they stay professional, it did not change the fact the Bryce Yearly was scrumptious.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Bouvier" Bryce addressed Dianna. "I wanted to know if everything is alright. Do you need help with anything or have any questions about what to expect tomorrow?" Bryce queried.

Shaking her mentally to stop herself from staring at him, Dianna answered, "Yes, if we need to run copies, will there be a station with a copier available."

Clearing his throat, he explained "Mrs. Towers has a copier in her room. She'll let you make copies for the parents. Just try to have as many parents complete their registration packages here at school, because if they take them and leave they might not complete the forms correctly."

Summer came to her door and interrupted, "Bryce, my friends and I are going to The Fish Hut tonight, do you want to join us? Oh, I'm sorry Dianna, I didn't see you. You can come too if you want." She added not taking her eyes off of Bryce for a second.

Dianna didn't like the way the young girl was looking at him. She was also annoyed that he did not correct her and bring an end to her brash behavior. She most definitely didn't like the familiar way she addressed him.

Crossing her arms, Dianna glared at Bryce. She silently dared him to make a date with Summer. Bryce saw Dianna's reaction, and recognized it immediately. Even with all her bluster about remaining professional, Ms. Bouvier was as attracted to him as he was to her.

"Ms. Thyme, when we are at school, we need to address each other formally." He kindly explained to the young woman.

Summer bristled. She didn't like being corrected in front of anyone, especially a rival. Although, Ms. Bouvier showed no interest in Bryce, she could tell he was interested in her. That was part of the reason she issued the invitation to stake her claim on him.

Dianna chuckled on the inside as she witnessed the events unfold in front of her. Summer hissed and angrily stalked off to her classroom.

"Well, Mr. Yearly" Dianna stated, "I see that you do have some understanding of what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior in the work place."

Clearing his throat, Bryce asked, "I thought you wanted to keep our relationship professional, Ms. Bouvier. Are you really interested in my private life? I feel who I associate with should be of no consequence to you."

Dianna frowned. It seemed Mr. Yearly could give as well as she could. She'd better be on top of things so that he didn't get the upper hand on her.

"I apologize, if I offended you, Mr. Yearly. I was simply stating fact. Now if you would please leave my classroom, I have work that I must finish." Dianna declared firmly.

Turning her attention back to the folders she was creating, she ignored Bryce as he quickly exited her classroom.

She looked at the door after Bryce had left. Stupid, stupid, stupid! How can I find that cretin attractive? Ug! I've got to get a man. Dianna thought to herself.

Thankfully, for her, the rest of the day came to an end, and she headed home.

The next morning, Dianna was one of the few workers that arrived at work significantly early.

Dianna took a few minutes to greet her new coworkers before heading to her classroom for the day. She managed to speak several people, including Summer who was overly anxious.

Dianna took a few minutes to help her calm down. As she left Summer's classroom, she was about to pass Bryce's classroom when she heard him call her name..

"Good morning, Ms. Bouvier. Are you ready to start today?" said Bryce as he saw Dianna walk past his room.

Dianna stumbled over herself as soon as she heard his voice

Plastering a smile, she spoke. "Good morning, Mr. Yearly. How are you this morning?" Dianna asked.

"Fine, just fine, Ms. Bouvier." Bryce smiled. "I hope you're ready for an exciting day. Remember, to be friendly, but maintain your role as teacher and make sure they understand your role.

These students have attended this school for the past five years, but that doesn't mean their parents won't try and manipulate you because you're a novice teacher. I gave Ms. Thyme the same advice and I certainly hope you both take it in consideration."

Smiling Dianna replied, "Thank you, Mr. Yearly. I will take your suggestions under advisement."

Bryce was struck dumb. He always thought Dianna was beautiful. Even years earlier when they were at odds over his father's evil deeds, he never saw a more beautiful woman and when she smiled, she was breathtakingly gorgeous. Though he admired her, he would respect her boundaries.

Dianna Bouvier was a Goddess. Rich, creamy caramel skin, big beautiful brown eyes, thick wavy black hair, and heart-shaped lips, Dianna was a man's walking wet dream. Standing at five feet eight inches tall, and weighing one hundred forty-five pounds, she was voluptuous with a slim waist and wide hips. When she spoke to him, her voice covered his body like black silk. He had to fight to control his baser urges to simply take her in his arms and just kiss her.

Did he want Dianna Bouvier? Yes, any red-blooded man would. Did he stand a chance of getting her? Hell, no. he chuckled to himself. She wouldn't give him the time of day.

Parent Registration day came and went. By the time Dianna had finished meeting all of her parents and some of her students she was exhausted.

The parents were interesting. Some simply wanted to fill out forms and be left alone. A few tried to engage her in conversations about her personal life.

A few of the fathers flirted with her while the mothers wanted to make sure she would be nurturing. Some of the more concerned parents were quick to question her from the fact she wasn't a regular education major to the fact she had no experience in the classroom.

However, most were supportive and just seemed happy to meet their child's teacher. After talking to the more aggressive parents, Dianna made a point of documenting everything that happened in her classroom with her students. Almost all of the parents had come and gone by four o'clock, and Dianna was relieved.

Dianna was headed to the lounge to get a soda when she saw a frazzled and dazed Summer exit her classroom, she went over to her and guided her to Bryce's room where he was talking with Mrs. Towers.

Both veteran teachers took one look at the young woman and knew it would be a long year for her.

The coworkers sat with Summer and talked her through her ordeal. It seemed she had a parent bully. Both Mrs. Towers and Bryce had dealt with this parent last year, so they knew what to expect.

They decided that they would make sure and provide extra support for Summer. Bryce stole a glance at Dianna. She seemed to make it through the day with ease.

Dianna felt her skin tingle. She knew he was looking at her. However, she would maintain her decorum and not flirt with him. She didn't care that he was an example of a perfect male specimen.

He was handsome and he knew it. He kept his body in shape and did not have an ounce if extra fat anywhere. His deep rich voice reached to her in ways you could only imagine. With broad shoulders, slim waist, and a tight firm ass, he starred in most of her fantasies.

Dianna thought, Did she find him sexy? Yes, but she wouldn't tell him. Would she like to spend time with him? Of course, but she wasn't saying anything. Although the man was sex on legs, she would not let him know she found him attractive.

The day ended and everyone headed home. It was the weekend and Bryce secretly wondered if Dianna had plans, but she'd already told him they would stay professional so he wouldn't push.

Later that evening, Dianna decided to go to a local club to relax. She called her on again off again boyfriend and invited him to come along. He was annoying, but at least he might her take her mind off of a certain someone.

Instead of having Jamarkius pick her up, she met him at the club. They had been at the club talking for a while when Summer and her friends came in. Summer saw Dianna walked over to speak. She was really grateful that Dianna had gone out of her way to help her earlier.

"Hey Ms. Bouvier, I'm glad to see you here. Are you enjoying the band?" Summer greeted Dianna as she approached her.

Dianna heard the young woman and turned. She smiled at her. "Summer, we are not at school. You can call me Dianna. And yes, the band is fantastic."

"Let me introduce my friends," Summer continued excitedly. "These are my friends Chad and Glenn."

"It's nice to meet you, Ma'am." greeted Chad.

"Good evening, Dianna" said Glen grinning sheepishly.

Jamarkius cleared his throat. "I'm sorry Summer; this is a friend of mine Jamarkius Wilson. Jamarkius, this is my coworker Summer and her two friends." Dianna concluded.

At this point Bryce and his best friend Brian had arrived at the club.

"Damn, man," Brian exclaimed, "Check out the caramel-colored goddess at that table."

Bryce looked and his eyes landing on Dianna. There were some other people their too, but he only saw Dianna.

She was sitting at a table talking to three guys. Two of the guys were friends of Summer, he'd met them before when they helped Summer bring in materials, Chad and Glenn. The third guy he did not know, but he'd make sure to find out who he was,

He saw Jamarkius lean in close to Dianna and whisper something in her ear as he placed his hand on the skin of her back. Making his way to their table with Brian in tow, Bryce spoke to the small group.

"Hello, everyone. Having a good time?" Bryce asked greeting the group.

"Hey, Bryce." said Chad.

"How are you?" asked Glenn.

"Hey" said Summer embracing both men. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked smiling at Brian.

Grinning wickedly at Dianna, Bryce winked, "Hello Dianna, fancy meeting you here. How are you this evening?"

Dianna cringed. She knew he was teasing especially after she was so adamant about professionalism at work. They weren't in the classroom, so he could call her by her first name.

Swiveling her head to look in his chocolate colored eyes, Dianna smiled and listened to his sharp intake of breath. "Good evening Bryce. I see you needed to unwind as well."