Diavolo Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The night had been clear, gorgeous. He'd wanted to take Abigail riding with him that night. Thank all that was holy she'd declined.

Unable to help himself, he tightened his hold on Abby, kissing the top of her fragrant head.

"Gabriel, what's wrong?"

He closed his eyes, face buried in the river of gold that spilled around her body, soft breasts pressing against his hard flesh.

The black SUV had pulled alongside him. The windows were tinted, but there was a shape inside the cab. A face that had been familiar...but he couldn't remember. He could not fucking remember who it was.

***

He insisted on walking her to the daycare. He wore a pair of loose-fitting camouflage cargos, unlaced black combat boots, and a black t-shirt, that said Pantera on it, ever the bad-boy rocker, with his hair falling down his back in loose waves.

She was dressed completely opposite from him, in a navy blue, button-front dress with a white round collar, and patent leather flats. Her hair was twisted in a loose bun at the nape of her neck and her glasses were firmly planted on her nose.

Even though she knew she looked like a prim little school teacher, Gabriel had his arm firmly locked around her waist, scowling at any male who glanced their way.

Inside the daycare was another scene entirely.

Women she'd never seen before stood with the children, their eyes locking on Gabriel the moment they entered through the glass doors.

Little Frankie ran to Gabriel and wrapped his arms around her boyfriend's legs once more. A tall, leggy blonde woman sauntered forward, leering smile on her face. Her chest was stuck out and her overly big lips pursed as her eyes roved Gabriel's body like a starving she wolf would downed prey.

"Well, hello," she purred shrugging her shoulders so her cleavage would show more in the V of her white halter dress. "So you're what Frankie was so excited about yesterday."

The other women, Abigail realized were the children's mothers, moved closer. Phones came out, pictures were taken.

Bonnie grabbed Abigail's arm and jerked her away from the circus of females around Gabriel.

"What is the meaning of this? We don't need this kind of publicity around here," Bonnie hissed.

Abigail gaped at her. "Publicity? I don't understand. I—"

"Look, if you want to be some kind of band groupie whore, don't bring your flings around here."

Abigail shook her head, face heating up in shame despite knowing she was not what Bonnie accused her of being. "No he's—"

"Abby," Gabriel leaned closer to her, his arm coming around her waist. "I gotta go before I'm violated," he murmured, jerking his head to the crowd of preening women behind them.

"I'll pick you up when I get off, kay?"

"Um, yes. That's fine, sweetie," she answered just before he bussed her lips with his in a quick kiss.

Abigail watched, slightly annoyed, as poor Gabriel made his way through a sea of groping hands and wide smiles. Some of them followed him outside. All she could do was watch, dumbfound. A few of the women turned to look at her from head to toe, their faces frowning in confusion.

Abigail took a step back away from their smirks.

"No," Bonnie was saying. "Absolutely not. Just take the day off and let that man know he cannot come back here ever again. We run a respectable business here and I will not tolerate this kind of behavior here."

Abigail gasped and turned to Bonnie. "Are you firing me?"

Bonnie tipped her pert nose up, her condescending glare making Abigail's blood run cold in her veins. "I should, you know, but I know that will only make things worse. I hate attention whores like you. Look at you." The girl's gaze flicked over her in distaste. "And here I thought you were a decent person."

Pia took Abigail's hand and pulled her away from Bonnie.

"Let's get out of here, Abs."

"And where do you think you're going, Miss Ferigno?"

"I'm taking Abigail out of here," Pia threw over her shoulder as she pulled Abby out of the daycare.

Abby tried to make her slow down, but Pia pulled her relentlessly out of the building. There was no sign of Gabriel in the lobby.

"That bitch," Pia muttered running an agitated hand through her short hot pink locks.

Abigail stared in shock at her hair, before blinking at her. "Pia, you'll be fired."

The tiny girl just grinned and shrugged her shoulders. "I was going to give my two weeks anyway. I finally got that spot in that Goth store I wanted. Guess I'll just have a bit more time to set up my makeup and hairstyling booth." Pia finally stopped at the corner and turned to Abigail, hands clutched behind her back as she smiled up at her. "Sooo," she nodded, "Gabriel Raven, huh?"

Abigail bit her lip, absentmindedly twisting her new ring on her finger. "Um, yeah. He's my boy—no-no, my fiancé," she corrected herself showing her friend her ring.

Pia's eyes went round. "Holy planet-sized chunks of bling, girlfriend!"

Abigail grimaced. "It is a bit ostentatious."

Pia's jaw dropped, big blue eyes going back to Abby's face. "Just a tad, but hey, he's a rock star. Why did you ever not tell me you were with him? And here I thought you were scoring the recording mogul in North Star's summit. This is a whole other level of awesomeness, Abby. I am official your numero uno biggest fan."

"Oh, stop," Abby giggled before becoming somber again at the memory of so many beautiful women after Gabriel.

"Are you kidding me? You have rock's sexiest metal god as your boy-toy and you're pulling that sad face? What is wrong with you?'

Abigail shook her head. " It's just that..." She huffed out a frustrated breath. "Did you see all the attention he got?"

Pia scoffed. "Hello? He's freaking Gabriel Raven, the lead singer of Diavolo." Pia gripped two fistfuls of her pink hair and gave a tiny scream of excitement. "Are you kidding me? How did you ever snag that hottie? I want to know every lurid detail."

Abigail's face flushed. "Um...my sister took me to a party and we sort of bumped into each other."

Pia sighed, her eyes going dreamy. "Ooh, how romantic. Did he come on to you? Did you even know who he was? I've heard the music you like to listen to."

Abigail pouted down at her. "What's wrong with my music?"

Pia giggled. "Not a thing. Come-on. I'll take you down the street to where I'll be working now." The girl looked Abby up and down with a smile. "How do you feel about a teensy make-over?"

***

Gabriel had not expected to find Paulina sitting at Daniel's desk when he was escorted into the large office. The floor to ceiling windows let in the glaring morning sunlight. Daniel's gleaming white marble desk sat to the right side of the office. The far left side of the office had more windows showing a magnificent view of the pacific.

Paulina watched him like a hawk from across the desk.

Gabriel stalked toward her, flicking his hair back. With a grin, he pulled up one of the chairs in front of the desk and plopped into it, kicking his boots up on the edge of the desk, making himself comfortable.

Paulina's black eyes narrowed. "You're just like him. So self-assured, and cocky."

Gabriel lifted one brow.

"Even that expression,' she spat. "So conceited and smug." She took a deep breath, as if composing herself. "What do you want?"

"Daniel told me he'd give me a tour of the place."

"Daniel was called away on important business."

Gabriel folded his hands over his stomach. "Guess you'll have to give me the tour then, eh?"

Paulina's face remained impassive. "You know nothing of this business. What do you want with North Star anyway? You're a successful singer, very renown."

Gabriel rubbed a finger under his lip, aware of how her eyes focused on his mouth. He shrugged. "My father wanted me to have part of his legacy."

Her eyes rose to his. "The best thing you can do, Gabriel, is to forget about this silly business. It might do your career more harm than good. Just imagine the scandal."

Gabriel grinned at her. "Scandal? For me? Or for your family?"

She leaned back in her chair, folding her hands upon the desk. "The scandal for Daniel, and poor sweet Abigail. She'll be in the middle of all this. How is the poor dear holding up to being in the public eye? Wait till they find out she was Daniel's girlfriend first until he left her for Mikayla. Now she's latched onto you. How convenient."

Gabriel scowled at her. "Abigail doesn't give a shit about the money."

Paulina laughed, almost hysterically. Her teeth were perfectly straight, startlingly white behind her blood-red lips. "Oh, Gabriel. When Marjorie found out about Mikayla's fixation with you, she sent for Abigail. It was Abigail's mission to seduce you away from her sister so Daniel wouldn't find out that little worthless whore was cheating on him."

Gabriel stiffened. He stared at the woman who laughed at him mockingly.

"She's done a very good job of twisting you into a knot with her sweet innocent pretense. Both those girls are little harlots. Why do you suppose I had to send them away from my darling son?" the woman scoffed. "The little one was still able to get her claws into my dear sweet boy, but I know he's man enough to put her in her place once they wed."

Gabriel shoved to his feet. "You're sick. You knew Mikayla was fucking around and didn't warn your son?"

Paulina smiled. "Daniel has quite a temperament. I wouldn't be stupid enough to trigger it."

Gabriel stared at her, confused at her words. He laughed. "Seriously? You're scared of your own son?"

Paulina's smile died, her black eyes boring into Gabriel's. "You'd be wise to fear him too. Do yourself a favor and marry your little slut, go far away and never contact Daniel again."

Gabriel sneered at her. "Don't count on it."

He turned to stalk out of the office.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," were her cryptic departing words before he stormed out.

Gabriel avoided going near the daycare, in case the crazy women were still waiting around for him. He took the elevators to the second floor and then walked down the stairs into the underground garage to his car.

He slammed the door when he got in the Merc and revved the engine before pulling out of his parking space. Sliding his sunglasses on, he moved out into traffic.

Paulina's words echoed in his head:

It was Abigail's mission to seduce you away from her sister...

She's done a very good job of twisting you into a knot with her sweet, innocent pretense.

Gabriel shook his head. His Abby wasn't pretending. He'd held her legs open, seen her hymen. She'd been untouched before him. Paulina was just trying to mind fuck him.

Abigail didn't care about his fame or money. She didn't even want him to claim his birth right.

No. His Abigail was a pure, sweet, simple girl, so different from all the band whores that were looking for a quick hook up so they'd be able to tell all their friends they'd bedded a rock star.

***

The clothes were beyond anything she'd ever worn. She felt strange in the ripped jeans that hugged her long legs, and very self conscious in the black, lace corset that cinched her waist and pushed up her boobs.

Pia had gotten her a pair of spike-heeled black boots that had lots of straps from ankle to knee. It matched the black with silver metal-studded belt cinched low on her hips. One of the girls in the shop painted her fingernails a deep metallic blue that matched the stone pendant hanging from a silver chain nestled against her cleavage. Pia had styled her hair into a sleek fall down her back and was now applying make up to Abigail's face.

Once the owner of Metal Heart found out Abigail was engaged to Gabriel, she just about tripped over her feet setting up a photo shoot with her merchandise featuring Abigail.

Pia stepped back. "There." Her eyes were wide. "Oh-my-god, Abby."

Abigail blinked at the girl's blurry image. "I want to see."

Pia helped her out of the makeup chair to the full length mirror behind them.

Abigail couldn't see very clearly, but what she could see, made her gape.

Was that hot rock goddess really her?

"Oh, wow," Abigail gasped.

"Total eye candy, Abs. If I weren't straight, I'd do you."

Abigail gave Pia a startled double look before looking back at her reflection.

"I look like a celebrity."

"You are a celebrity, girlfriend. You're soon to be Mrs. Gabriel Raven, hello?"

"Oh..." the shop owner sauntered in. Her eyes grew round and her grin wide. "Holy fuck. What a hottie. No wonder Gabriel is crazy about you. Come on out and let's do some pics. You don't mind do you?"

"Uh, no." Abigail smiled at the blue-haired, tattooed girl.

They posed her around the shop, Pia suggesting poses. She sat on a motorcycle they had in one corner with Abigail wearing a pair of sunglasses and a leather jacket. She stood between a two guys that also worked there. One was a tattoo artist, the other worked at the register.

"Abby, flash that rock," Pia called out clapping her hands and hopping up and down.

Abigail put her right hand on her hip which she jut out provocatively as she raised her hand, letting her diamond blind everyone present.

"Yeah. Stick out your tongue to all those jealous biatches after your man, Abs," Pia called out in glee.

Abigail laughingly obliged. She felt different. She felt self assured and pretty for the first time in a long time. She loved the new her and couldn't wait to see Gabriel's reaction. She'd no longer be the plain dandelion in a garden of exotic flowers.

***

Gabriel had no idea where he was headed to until he arrived at Michael's house in Bayside. He parked outside the front door and stepped out. From within the home he heard yelling, things crashing, and huffed out in agitation.

Looking inside his wallet for the spare key to Mike's house, he let himself inside and ducked in time just before a statue of Venus made a hole in the wall next to his head.

"Shit!"

Mike grabbed him by the back of his shirt and yanked him back out.

"Hurry," Michael huffed. "Let's just haul ass out of here."

"What'd the fuck you do now?" Gabriel asked revving the car and throwing it into reverse.

Erica ran out and threw a vase of flowers at his black Mercedes. Thankfully, the vase was plastic and just bounced off the hood.

The car's wheels screeched on the pavement as Gabriel threw it into gear and peeled rubber out of there.

They left Erica behind screaming in fury.

Gabriel looked at Michael wide-eyed.

The guitarist sported an array of scratches and a hand print to the side of his face. He closed his eyes and dropped his head back on the headrest with a sigh of relief.

"Are you going to tell me what the hell that was all about this time?"

Michael grinned sheepishly at him. "She kind-of caught me jacking off to porn."

Gabriel rolled his eyes and shook his head. He really had nothing against Erica, but he knew she suffered from depression, was bi-polar, and abused drugs. Mike would go for long months without surcease to his physical needs, so he turned to porn to keep from bedding the hundreds of groupies that usually threw themselves at the band members.

"Mike," Gabriel began.

"I'm not leaving her," Michael ground out before he could finish.

"Do you even love her?" Gabriel asked wondering how a relationship could function with the problems they faced. He eyed Michael's bloodied scratches with a frown.

"She needs me."

Gabriel shook his head. "Look, man. Just get her into a good clinic where they can help her—"

Michael began to laugh humorlessly. "Last time I did that, she slit her wrists."

Mike's eyes gleamed suspiciously. Gabriel kept quiet. He knew Mike and Rafe's story. Their mother had been a band whore, shacking up with whatever rock star crossed her path. Neither of them really knew who their fathers were, though Mike had a feeling he knew who his might be. They'd found their mother dead of an overdose when they were just teens. Mike had been about sixteen, but Rafael was only ten and had the misfortune of ending up in the foster care system separated from his older brother. By the time Mike located Rafael, he'd been hooked on drugs. Mike had taken him in and taken care of him ever since. It was his way, taking care of others, the reason why he wouldn't leave Erica.

"She needs me, man," Mike was saying. "I can't just up and leave her like that. That'd be a shitty thing for me to do."

"Your relationship sucks, Mike. Maybe she needs something else or someone else in her life. Ever think of that?"

Michael just stayed quiet.

Gabriel's phone sounded and he tapped the control on this steering wheel to answer.

"Yeah," he growled.

"Sup, my man," Rafael snickered.

"Just killing some time before I gotta go pick up my girl at work," Gabe answered.

Rafe laughed some more. "Work you say? You sure she's at her job? I thought she worked at a daycare?"

"Spit it out already, Rafe," Gabriel snapped, beyond irritated with Rafael's hedging.

"There's some pictures of both of you going viral just about now, but the best ones are of her at that new little Goth clothing store that just opened up, Metal Heart."

Gabriel pulled over onto the side of the road as Michael whistled looking down into the screen of his phone.

Gabriel snatched the phone away from him and frowned down at the blond vixen in the image. Her legs were miles long, clad in sexy black boots and ripped jeans. A black metal studded belt hung low around her femininely curved hips. A hint of her belly button peeked out between her jeans and the tight, black, lacy corset she wore that pushed her gorgeous breasts up enticingly. Ribbons of glowing, pale, blond hair flowed around her body, making her look like a fucking goddess. Gabriel's jaw went slack as he looked at her face. Her lips were perfectly made in some nude color that made them look pouty and succulent. Her luminous blue eyes were lined in black liner and shaded in tones of blue, green and black.

"Jesus. Is that who I think it is?" Mike crowed next to him.

Gabriel wanted to punch him in the face for ogling his Abby. Christ! His hands were shaking. She was always beautiful to him, but...Jesus! Those pictures!

"Where the hell you say she was at?"

***

The impromptu photo shoot was fun, but Abigail was getting tired. Plus, the shop was quickly filling with lots of customers. Some people even began asking for her autograph and wanted to snap pictures with her. It was startling and awkward for Abigail who'd always been a bit on the shy side.

She'd just finished snapping a picture with a bunch of teenaged girls when a very tall red-haired man wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close.

"How about a picture with me? It's my turn now," he grinned, his hand cupping her ass.

Abigail tried to move away but people began to crowd around them and snap pictures. She noticed there were a few expensive looking cameras in the crowd, bright flashes of light blinding her. She still didn't have her glasses on so her vision became worse with the flashing lights.

"So you and Gabriel are really going to get married?" someone asked as Abigail squinted and blinked at the blurred images before her.

"Um, yeah. Of course,' she answered, turning away from the flashes of light. Somehow she got a very bad feeling about this whole thing. Where were all these people coming from anyway?

"When is the wedding?" a woman called out.

"Are you pregnant? Is that why Gabe is marrying you?"

Abigail frowned at whoever asked such a personal thing. "No. Gabe and I are waiting to get married before we become intimate."

There were gasps, and much tittering all around her. Somewhere off to her right she heard Pia calling out to her.

She tried to move toward her friend but the red-haired man blocked her way. His hands gripped her hips in a disturbingly familiar way that made Abby feel uncomfortable.