All Comments on 'Did You Really Mean It?'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 354 Comments (Page 2)
stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 9 years ago
absolutely beautiful

I want you to know I read this and I cried. The right people got together after all. The ex-wife just flat out didn't care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
HE LOVED HER

He loved her she cheated with a worthless piece of crap.

Lori was was betrayed by him and her best friend.

Dan and Lori were ment to be together.

In my favorites. All is well all ends well.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

anubeloreanubelorealmost 9 years ago
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Why!? Why must you end at the beginning of the best part!? I'm gonna lose it! Or have I already lost it? *resumes screaming*

-Anubelore ;)

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
just as good, if not better

than the first time I read it.

thanks

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Just Beautiful!

But it needs an epilog where he takes her friends out to dinner to thank them for helping bring them back together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
CINCO ESTRELLAS

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Beautiful

My allergies kicked in right at the end, I swear.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
@Anonymous 05/11/15

Only Thing Wrong in your story is when your ex went back to Tom after Christmas he should have beaten her to death! Then when he was sentenced to life in prison he could have been Bubba's and "Tiny's" bitch for life. I really like a tidy ending. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great read

sorry but this should have been in the romance section.

not the loving wives

what that saying you. may have to kiss a frog to find your true love

it could of had little more to the ending or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
last time it happened

to me I spent too much money on whiskey and after the dog died I was alone again. I'm still as angry as you are Scotty

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Thank You!

An outstanding story!

Those e-mails from Dan,particularly the last one,were real tear-jerkers! ( In a profoundly happy way.)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

still five stars.

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

just magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Would have appreciated learning why the wife was cheating.

What was the problem in her marriage that fucking around was going to solve? The romantic side story was too obvious and predictable to be very interesting. A nice story, but could have been much better with more drama and exploration of motives and personalities. If his wife was just a shallow selfish cruel lying whore, how could Dan not have noticed? Pretty hard to hide that depth of evil and selfishness. It oozes out, like stink from a pit toilet.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
@Anonymous 04/30/15

MAYBE he had FEELINGS for Lori, but you KNOW he was FAR to honorable to act on them in ANY way, and certainly in no way to justify Julie’s cheating with her best friend’s HUSBAND!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 8 years ago
Excellent Story

I checked your Bio and see you have a history High scoring stories. You must have the record for the highest percentage of hot stories. Keep up the good work.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Bravo!

Excellent story. The cheaters lose and the non-cheaters win. What more can you say. Thank you for another real good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Best Story Ever

This really was the best story I ever read. I don't know where to start. Sooo good. Thank you for writing it. I cryed. I'm a 60 year old truck driver...made me think a lot about life. Thanks again

magmamanmagmamanabout 8 years ago
Yep.

Good one.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

Just love your stories.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Nice

Excellent that there was a happy ending. In the end the good people got together for a happily ever after. A great read every time.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Just read for I don't know how man times, still had to fight through the tears at the end.

And anyone who has read some of my BTB comments know that I'm not all that soft-hearted!

heydog52heydog52about 8 years ago
YOU ARE A LITERARY GENIUS

When/if I ever become a writer, I wanna be like you. I almost never post comments when several comments have previously been posted. But wow and I mean wow, I just had to say something. Thank you sir for one of the best stories that I have ever read.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
heydog52 said it all for me!

You write wonderful vignettes of human life and love. Thank you.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
As Tony the Tiger says.

Grrreaaattt!

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
This is some top shelf stuff

Very nicely done, not over done, or under, but right on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5+

Great story - you have great talent to tell a story with all of the emotions bleeding out through your story. Keep on writing!

phil2213phil2213almost 8 years ago
Great story

I gave it five stars but I have some issues. The ending was extremely rushed . Also, what happened to the cheaters?? I can see that a sequel or epilogue would be nice. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beautiful story

I know it is in LW but a tweak here a turn there and could be a romance story.t worked out good for Lori and Dan as for the other two she threw her marriage away for a piece of crap than he left town just not of his choice. The ex tried to talk with him and I think she wanted to try and dig herself out of the divorce but she was just to late and I think she really loved Dan. In my favorites.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

One of your better stories.

The ending was a bit disappointing and kept it from being a 5

It should not have been by email. So cold and impersonal. He should have made the fucking trip and made the speech then with a ring in his pocket to put on her at the end of it.

That would have made it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great. Story

In another universe they would be together, well her ex the prick and his oh so vane wife opened the door to that universe. I do think his wife loved him in her own way and he said the two times they saw each other she wanted to talk maybe just to tell him why she took up with the scum bag or maybe trying to find a way back in his life. There are to many unanswered questions my thinking there should be a sequel to the story letting it all out. Just my thinking on it.

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
ONE WORD....AWESOME!

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very well written.

Enjoyed it eminently. Great plot and characters. AA

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Perfect

Perfect in every way!!!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
Second reading

Enjoyed this fine story just as much as I did the first time I read it. It should be noted by other authors that it is possible to write excellent entertaining stories without reverting to explicit sex and with only lightly implied sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

I absolutely loved the story and the writing as usual is top shelf.

Hated the cheating and marriage destruction but loved the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Ending

This a very good story! Loi's story was well covered in the beginning and we knew her husband was a low life. Dans wife being involved in cheating was a twist but, you could have dropped a hint.

Maybe you did "visit all the time out of town ".

During the confrontation the wife and her lover said they did the deed at Dans house. By that time it didn't really matter. What you wrote about the ladies taking care of one another is so true.

Your ending was very satisfying and the way Dan got Lorin to come back to him we could have seen coming.

I didn't care though the ending was still great. Five Stars *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why?

Why are women who have everything they could want in a marriage such dumb asses?

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
An answer to the previous comment

On LIT every woman is per definition a brainless,stupid adulterous creature who is only alive thanks to her obivous living and breathing vagina

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Actually there are real women out there that act the same way,

as women in this story! They fall for these handsome sweet talking guys while the nice guys try to get dates with these women. Then once they marry these weasles, their husbands treat them like shit by cheating on them. You would thing that once these women divorce they would wise up and grab a nice guy but they don't so they marry another weasle and the cycle continues.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
HOLLY UNDIES BATMAN

Fucken tastic story! I loved it! What can I say, well it is better than MILLS&BOONE ! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! See ya.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why through everything away?

Why would she destroy a good marriage for a scumbag. She saw what he did to her best friend. That's all I have to say except it is a good story 5 stars

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
This One Is So Wonderful!

This is my second trip through this one, and it wears really well. Selfish, cheating cunt gets what she deserves (although why she hooked up with asshat Ron is a little sketchy), and the good guys finally get each other and ride off into the sunset, making babies all the way!

Thanks bunches for your contributions here!

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
3rd Read

Still 5***** Made me cry again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow wonderful story

And so well written.why are there not more stories like this?This author is a genius

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Fantastic

I'm such a sucker for a happy ending. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful

...

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
WELL DONE

I too am a sucker for a Great love story! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★★★★★ WOOF

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NO RHYME OR REASON....

Janie knew exactly who and what Ron was, why would she do what she did to her husband and her best friend in the world? And the story gave no indication as to the why. Truly made no sense. Of course it opened the way for your cliched ending but that's all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nit pickers

just read the comment picking holes in the story. Does the silly person have no romance in their soul!? The requirement for a reader is to let go of reality and let their imagination take over, suspend disbelief and imagine they are watching a play. No one actually believes the leading man is in love with girl on the stage but if they are good enough for you to suspend disbelief for a while, it works long enough for you to enjoy the illusion. Please, for your own sake , let go your inhibitions and just enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not believable

1. There was no reason given why she was even with Ron

2. How could she be this shallow person and only Ron knew it.

3. The plot was not believable

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really like your work

and so happy that you share it with us. A lot of your readers agree with me and some, well, I wonder what arrested their development into adults who can just appreciate another's efforts. We have all known since kindergarten that if you can't say something nice (or nicely), don't say it.

This isn't your best but it's worth every cent we all paid for it and more. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sappy But,Wonderful Ending!

This story gets a 5 rating based on the great finish!

Sure there were holes in the plot but,like an aged swiss cheese,I chose to enjoy the flavor while ignoring the holes.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Five plus Stars

Please keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story but...

His wife is fucking the asshole several times a week for 6 months and he gives her money to make her go away? And the asshole gets a quick beating and that's it? He should have let grandpa handle it. Sounds like he might have had some connections that would have made the problem go away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
SPELLING MISTAKES,BUT WHAT THE FUCK.

SOME SPELLING MISTOKES BAT WHO GIVES A SHOT, ANOTHER TOUCHING STORY MISREAD BY SOME OTHER PEOPLE, REALLY ENJOYED, JUST 5*****.

KkittensplaceKkittensplaceabout 6 years ago
I Love Everything that you write!

I've been reading Everything that you have written, just going down the list now...

I've already read 15+, your writing pulls me in!

Please keep them coming, on Any subject!

chris2300chris2300about 6 years ago
So beautiful!

That’s all just so beautiful.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Excellent, only one thing would have made it better

A little more pain for the Ex-Wife. Although, I sense from something that was wrote that she got tricked into the sex as "Revenge Sex" because Ron told her "they were doing it first (Lori and Dan)," when in fact they weren't. If that's the case, some truth time that she fucked up and got stupid for no reason.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I agree with Cumminginsiderher

A chapter from Janie's point of view would have been great. It would clear up any questions on how she fell. Was it stupid revenge sex based on a lie or did she genuinely just want the d.

Some more regret on the side of the wife would have been nice too. Her timid demeanor and lovemaking and the sobbing showed that while she was still a terrible person for cheating and lying about wanting to have his kids she must have still loved him.

I'm not asking for raac as I believed that lori was the better fit but I would have liked to read Janie trying harder to beg his forgiveness than just two attempts at talking at a wedding and a funeral.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Never get tired of reading this, and it's still one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Janie was pretty one dimensional

Might as well have called her "plot device."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

It was bad enough that Janie lied about kids and birth control.

It was obviously horrible that she cheated.

But how in the world could she possibly do it with Ron? Forgetting for the moment that while the may not hang together any more, they probably know a lot of the same people, increasing the risk of discovery; but how can she do it with the guy that cheated on her best friend?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
hmmm...

Marty Stu saves Mary Sue saves Mart Stu from marriage to Jane R. Ottencrotch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why

Why did he not ask Janie whyshe hooked up with Ron,pointing out she was cheating on her best friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wrong

I do think that she was wrong in not speaking to her best friend one last time. the email could have been short and sweet( I know that you were cheating on dan with ron because he told me so and I know about the birth control implant. You are really stupid and will not hear from me again)

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 6 years ago
To Anony:

WTF don't you man up and sign your posts? What a wussy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Author missed a good chance

Should have continued on a little about inviting Janie to the wedding. She did get off Scot free even after fighting the prenup. Made the hero look wimpy.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
Lori

I didn't like it because this story was all about Lori and you all the time. This had nothing to do with Ron or Janie, They were only used to make it look as if two long suffering people had finally found their way. But first you had to find a way to tear them down, Why not divorce Janie because of incompatitability instead of trying to make her look as you did. No people are as stupid as you made them out to be. maybe once in your house, but to make a habit out of it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@papamike

Sure, when the authors posting here start writing Shakespearean quality stories I'll reward them with a username of my very own.

I'm not holding my breath.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 5 years ago
another lovely story

from qhml1 - an author I have marked as a 'favorite'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Really does need a continuation to truly finish the story. But still good

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
As they do

“Lori, when I went to get your purse, I saw the email. I read it.”

In that inimitable way that women do:)

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 5 years ago
To anony 8-15-18:

You're holding out for Shakespeare quality stories before you leave your name? Get real! The stories are good enough to read, but not good enough to use your user name? You are a coward, and a world-class loser. So tell us a little bit about you. Besides, of course that you only read Shakespeare and stroke stories, and criticise the stroke stories because they aren't up to your oh-so-high standards. Why don't you tell us what you have written that is comparable to what the Bard of Avon has left for us, or failing that, write something of that caliber, and point it out to the plebes here gathered.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Nice Story

Should have listen to Grandpa and Burn The Bitch!

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Good story

Made me a bit sad to find the wife had been fucking the best friends ex.

But on the other hand I love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You're very talented

I've been reading through a lot of your stories in the past couple days. You have a great style and the flow is really awesome. You tell a great tale and I especially liked this one. Thanks!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good

You are such a good writer and this story just proves it again. Thanks for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very good story

I wish you had explained her affair more especially since it hurt her best friend also. And a little more than a "hello and ignore" would have made some people appreciate Grandpa more. But despite no blood, it was a damn good read.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Wonder what happens when Janie sees Lori again?

You know it’s gonna happen — they have the same friends from when they were kids. There was no mention that Janie left town, and she had a lucrative position with her company so she’s not going to leave just because she’s divorced; especially because she is divorced with the pre-nup, so needs the income.

For that fact, how is it when Dan sees Janie about town?

Except for Janie cheating, this could almost fit into “Romance”.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Oops. Just double checked.

Janie moves away. Still doesn’t make sense since she needs the money due to the pre-nup. Only thing that makes sense is if she could get a promotion with her company by transferring out. I mean, all her friends are still in town, and family, etc. too.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Good one

I really liked this one but it could have been better if we heard a little more from the cheating wife. Why did she do it? Did she regret it? Did she really love him? Why say you want kids when you really didn't? Was she going to leave him and if not how did she see things going with her lover? If you ever feel like writing a second chapter it would be great if you could address these questions. 4 stars, would be 5 if you add answers to these questions.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Good one

Would have liked more detail on how he crushed the f2f and his ex but overall a great story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
And There Is Nothing

You can do about it, you can fix ignorance but "The trouble with dealing with stupid people is, well, that they're stupid." Stupid is to the bone. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading didn't see comment from first? Well

Read the story enjoyed the story

He didn't check to see if first affair or second etc

Trips to grandma?

No want children and couldn't see attitude? Grandpa my kind of Hardass

Burn the cheaters her too

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Good one. The Dan character is tough, did what he needed even though he still had feelings for the cheating wife. But between what Lori told him and the conversation with the dickhead he overheard before they ran up the stairs had a lot to do with getting over that.

Good romantic ending. I'm a sap for happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I agree

With Tajfa’s comments on 10/31/19. Please consider finishing the story by answering those pertinent questions. Inquiring minds want to know! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
HE HAD A SIGNATURE ON A PRE-NUP.......

Why the hell would he give her anything? She knew what she risked and their marriage meant that little to her. Maybe let her have her car but I sure as shit wouldn't pay a penny on the balance due. She can ask her fuck buddy for help.

KoxokKoxokalmost 4 years ago

Perfect ending! 5 stars

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
5 more stars...

I personally would have done like Grandpa said and BTB!!! She wouldn't get one dime more than the pre-nup said...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A beautiful story like this

and everybody is concerned the ex wife didn't get punished enough ? She gave the other two a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GEES!

I READ A LOT OF LW STORIES BECAUSE, FOR PERSONAL REASONS, I'M A BTB FAN. BUT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF NIGHTS I READ 2 WONDERFUL STORIES THAT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES! (IT'S EITHER BECAUSE THE STORIES HAD PARTICULARLY WARM ENDINGS OR I'M A LITTLE DEPRESSED). I THINK IT'S A LITTLE BIT OF BOTH. NEVERTHELESS, A HEART-WARMING STORY!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. Nobody else does this type story quite like qmhl1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

a good story. It would have been great if there was more meat in the ending.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
A BIG WOW

THE STORY BROUGHT TEARS. REMINDED ME OF A HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART THAT TOOK HER OWN LIFE. I OFTEN WONDERED IF I HADN'T BROKE IT OFF AND MARRIED HER, IF SHE'D STILL BE ALIVE TODAY. OLD NOW AND TOO MANY THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

From the story - "I'm bothered by the fact that my wife is a lying, cheating cunt, who's fucking the biggest asshole I've ever met while lying about how much she's looking forward to having our baby. That about covers it, wouldn't you say!"

Of course I didn't say that, but it went through my mind.

I wonder what would have happened if he had said this instead of just thinking it. Or would it have ended the story too soon?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great story as usual!!! He should have been meaner to the cheating slut...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8997 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...